Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition Order Thread****

Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
edited August 10, 2021 4:46AM in U.S. Coin Forum

The details have finally been released. Type 1 - W and Type 2 - S in the set. 125,000 mintage. Who’s ready for it and who’s happy with the product?

https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2021-one-ounce-silver-reverse-proof-two-coin-set-designer-edition-21XJ.html?cgid=2021-product-schedule

Comments

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s a thread open just at the top of the list

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

As mentioned above...The pictures do not readily convey a reverse proof coin. Not to mention the incredible premium for two toz.'s of silver.... I will pass on this 'deal'. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    As mentioned above...The pictures do not readily convey a reverse proof coin. Not to mention the incredible premium for two toz.'s of silver.... I will pass on this 'deal'. Cheers, RickO

I have to agree that the reverse proof effect is not visible in the images but it sure does look good once in hand. I think they look sharp and have to get every reverse proof they offer.

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    I am in because the damn mint will just not freaking end the type 1. Now I have to buy this to complete the type 1

Are you saying after the Type 1s are finally over you are done collecting ASEs?

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:

@Mgarmy said:
    I am in because the damn mint will just not freaking end the type 1. Now I have to buy this to complete the type 1

I have been trying to finish the series as well, but these just keep showing up.

• Options

I’m done after this year. Got representative issues of the new types but the reverse is a hot mess so it’s easy to move on ( no I won’t buy into a run of new Morgan’s or peace dollars). There’s a big world out there for now I’m reading about different series 🤓

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this set will be pretty hot. I'm in for max I can get.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,347 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:

@ricko said:

I have to agree that the reverse proof effect is not visible in the images but it sure does look good once in hand. I think they look sharp and have to get every reverse proof they offer.

That's because they aren't pictures.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Dirt94 said:

@ricko said:

That's because they aren't pictures.

I understand that they aren’t actually photographs but they should at least represent them more accurately.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna probably buy this, but I really don't want to deal with this craziness at noon. They suck us in Everytime. I've bought everything else, why stop now

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭

I'm in for a few if lucky enough to get them. GLTA

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

@SONOMOSCA said:

HHL of 1.

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

HHL of 1.

Wife has her own account plus F&F, but still would only like a few. The Mints site is too much of a headache since the new changes they've made.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 6:55PM

I am in because the damn mint will just not freaking end the type 1. Now I have to buy this to complete the type 1> @Dirt94 said:

@Mgarmy said:

Yes. I am selling off my morgans and other graded coins with GC and will be upgrading my type 1 set to all 70’s.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

Consider it one and done. At least it’s a reverse proof set and then freedom. No more ase’s. Wide open spaces off to something new 🤓. Maybe WLH’s

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

"The stunning two-coin silver reverse proof designer edition set contains one American Eagle One Ounce Silver Coin with the original designs and one with the new designs.

Brilliant reverse proof finish"

Two reverse proofs in one set?

• Options

@TurboSnail said:
    "The stunning two-coin silver reverse proof designer edition set contains one American Eagle One Ounce Silver Coin with the original designs and one with the new designs.

Brilliant reverse proof finish"

Two reverse proofs in one set?

Yes, they are both reverse proofs from my understanding.

• Options

It even sez it in the description. Sorry just somehow I find it funny and comforting that a 2-coin reverse proof set contains reverse proof coins 😂

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sigh.... "while envisioning the site crashing"..... I'm in.....

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

@privatecoin said:

That’s the spirit!

• Options
    santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 11, 2021 10:37AM

I’m going to try for one. The household limit will help, but I predict this will be Keystone Cops.

• Options

I'm down with attempting to get one! Feels like it will be another battle,

• Options

Ten minutes and gone to unavailable

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll take 10-15 minutes but only due to website problems still experienced on the latest Morgan/Peace release day

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:

@privatecoin said:

That’s the spirit!

And then you can look forward to them having an issue with your order, and then having to call them to wait on hold for 3 hours. The fun.... it just never stops :D

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    I'll take 10-15 minutes but only due to website problems still experienced on the latest Morgan/Peace release day

That seems pretty close. Would be a lot faster sellout if they weren’t still having issues.

• Options

125,000 seems like a nice happy medium mintage. Not in the rare rare category but still limited compared to most.

• Options
    edited August 12, 2021 6:26AM

Wow still in shock about enrollment and getting confirmation at 12:30am before release by 9+ hours. I feel renewed and ready for this last battle 🤓🙀 2021S ase -done

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

subscription orders used to have order numbers sent the workday before.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Wow still in shock about enrollment and getting confirmation at 12:30am before release by 9+ hours. I feel renewed and ready for this last battle 🤓🙀 2021S ase -done

Kind of glad this reverse proof set doesn’t have subscriptions. It takes a good chunk out of the number available on release day.

• Options

Agree and disagree. It’s sooooo easy to sign up for enrollment therefore that’s on you. Now the special sets I agree glad they are not having enrollment seems like they would have too much trouble sorting it out

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Agree and disagree. It’s sooooo easy to sign up for enrollment therefore that’s on you. Now the special sets I agree glad they are not having enrollment seems like they would have too much trouble sorting it out

I realize that’s on me for not signing up but I always forgot until it’s too late so I’m still glad it’s not up for enrollment.

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:
    125,000 seems like a nice happy medium mintage. Not in the rare rare category but still limited compared to most.

Just low enough to ensure it will be a battle to get them

• Options

1 week left until release. Does anyone think there will be new items that will pop up this year still that will be popular releases or do you think this is one of the last hot issues for the year?

• Options

I think this will be the last and could demand the most attention as it appears to be the last of the type 1’s which makes it essential to compete the series

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    I think this will be the last and could demand the most attention as it appears to be the last of the type 1’s which makes it essential to compete the series

I was just wondering because wasn’t the 2019 S ERP a late addition to the schedule that wasn’t there all year? Seems like with all these Type 1 and Type 2 coins that they would do something like that this year.

• Options

Preorders on eBay 500-1000 bucks. Bet the pf70’s will be 2-3k

This discussion has been closed.