Home U.S. Coin Forum

****Official American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition Order Thread****

Comments

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of us will fail getting this unfortunately. It really is a "crap shoot". Best of luck to all.

• HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    But it does blow my mind when on rare occasions, when the Mint's system allows me to pick LONG DELETED CC INFO from the list!!! So all our info...even for old/expired cards...is being stored in there somewhere!

Lets just hope that the Mint ain't storing our credit card info the same way T-Mobile does!
    ...and be glad we haven't had to give the Mint our DOB, SSN, License #, etc...!

BST references available on request

• ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Although I have info for 3 credit cards pre-saved...I've occasionally found that manually typing in the info results in better results...sometimes...but that might just be a coincidence.

This is not coincidence, when you use a stored card, it's making another data call to the mints already overwhelmed server. By manually entering it you save one less step that requires data transfer. I typically order from my phone, and it has my cc info saved, so I just autopopulate from the phone not the mint server data.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

[[This is not coincidence, when you use a stored card, it's making another data call to the mints already overwhelmed server.]]

Hummm...so you're saying that I'm not imagining that my strategy might actually help?

• NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Dirt94 said:

@SONOMOSCA said:
    I'm in for a few if lucky enough to get them. GLTA

HHL of 1.

Wife has her own account plus F&F, but still would only like a few. The Mints site is too much of a headache since the new changes they've made.
    @SONOMOSCA said:
    I'm in for a few if lucky enough to get them. GLTA

You're in for a few 'if lucky enough'? I'm SURE that everyone who only wishes to get ONE will be wishing you ALL the luck in the world!!

I'll come up with something.
  • coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

pinehurst will be sending e mails like crazy for this set

• coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

Yea love that offer of $60 shipping cost!! What a joke. Besides, I don’t view them as a good buyer—-they are too quick to refund their offers and also are picky about any back orders. I would t deal with them for those reasons.
    There are other buyers paying more and stand by thier offers for more than “a few hours” and also offer shipping labels FREE.

• I think the high relief gold liberty was the first time I saw them rescind an offer. They even set their cutoff before the email went out. This time with the uncirculated ASE they gave you another 30 minutes to get your email in after their email. I'm pretty sure they realized they screwed up with how they handled it prior and I expect them to be more likely to give you time to send the email in the future.

@micotu said:
    I think the high relief gold liberty was the first time I saw them rescind an offer. They even set their cutoff before the email went out. This time with the uncirculated ASE they gave you another 30 minutes to get your email in after their email. I'm pretty sure they realized they screwed up with how they handled it prior and I expect them to be more likely to give you time to send the email in the future.

Reminds me of an ole' saying...

Fool me once...

o:)

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2021 11:28AM

just because they STOP an offer does not mean they rescind and offer.

they can't be expected to handle every offer emailed to them.

that said. they haven't rescinded am offer they made TO ME as a result of responding to their emails

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe

• CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

If the Pinehurst deal was a three legged stool, which includes the US Mint and USPS - My main concern prior to planting my ass down would not be with their Purchase Order agreement, but rather with the two "crooked legs" planted firmly in the swamp. :o

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

?

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

Makes sense, CXD, whole lotta risk for a typically minis-cull return.
    Too many moving parts create too much stress.
    I have been buying to hold. Certainly until I have them in hand (or others do) I have no intention of trying to make any deals.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

@MsMorrisine said:
    just because they STOP an offer does not mean they rescind and offer.

they can't be expected to handle every offer emailed to them.

that said. they haven't rescinded am offer they made TO ME as a result of responding to their emails

Once they hear the order is in b’o status, forget about your agreement.
    Where I come from—you put out an offer and you stand by it. I’m not saying forever, but a reasonable amount of time. Otherwise, your a small time player in the market.

@HoneyMarket said:

@micotu said:
    I think the high relief gold liberty was the first time I saw them rescind an offer. They even set their cutoff before the email went out. This time with the uncirculated ASE they gave you another 30 minutes to get your email in after their email. I'm pretty sure they realized they screwed up with how they handled it prior and I expect them to be more likely to give you time to send the email in the future.

Fool me once...

Exactly this ^^^^
    I view their offers as not firm. Don’t expect them to honor an email even an hour or so after the opening of sales??? Move onto another buyer—there are many of them on the boards.

• Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@micotu said:

Fool me once...

Exactly this ^^^^
    I view their offers as not firm. Don’t expect them to honor an email even an hour or so after the opening of sales??? Move onto another buyer—there are many of them on the boards.

Are you talking from personal experience? I find nothing wrong with pinehurst they put the offer out ( like many others have done. Then notified the offer was over. Check out other threads from the past and you’ll see the offer go up and not long after they stop the offer. I have had nothing but good experiences with pinehurst. I think you have maybe not done this deal before and really are just opining with out experience.

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

The PFS offer ....

Link

• Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

Excluding shipping to them?

@Mindy9773 said:
    Excluding shipping to them?

If you're asking about PFS and their shipping policy - PFS sends you a UPS pre-paid (on them) shipping label to use. I believe they also require you to drop it off at a UPS shipping store too.

Their shipping options are very simple - their payout though is near the bottom from my experience.

• Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@MetroD said:
    The PFS offer ....

Link

This seems like a weak offer for this issue as most are selling on eBay for $500+.

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a weak offer but they’re not fishing for the healthy top feeding trout.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.

@MilesWaits said:

PFS seems to go after the Airline Miles & Hotel Points community. That community just wants to spend money on anything, just to build up miles and points. It's one thing when PFS wants their buyers to buy Palladium coins (I think they started doing that in 2018)...but most in that community are not going to deal with the web related issues with Mint purchases of hot items...the spend is not worth batting an eye at - as is not the profit to be made either.

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@MilesWaits said:

PFS seems to go after the Airline Miles & Hotel Points community. That community just wants to spend money on anything, just to build up miles and points. It's one thing when PFS wants their buyers to buy Palladium coins (I think they started doing that in 2018)...but most in that community are not going to deal with the web related issues with Mint purchases of hot items...the spend is not worth batting an eye at - as is not the profit to be made either.

Don’t bet on that. Some might be willing to spend a few minutes to make a quick $100. (I mean $100.05)
    Adding in the PFS clients to the mix will certainly make it even more difficult Monday.
    It’s going to be ugly.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
    edited September 11, 2021 9:13PM

@coiner said:
    Yea love that offer of $60 shipping cost!! What a joke. Besides, I don’t view them as a good buyer—-they are too quick to refund their offers and also are picky about any back orders. I would t deal with them for those reasons.
    There are other buyers paying more and stand by thier offers for more than “a few hours” and also offer shipping labels FREE.

Just wondering if you forgot to show the coins and some sort of receipt from your ase burnished I can’t imagine you getting your coins 18 hours later. I am willing to correct my opinion but not until you produce the goods 🙀

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@coiner said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@micotu said:

Fool me once...

Exactly this ^^^^

Are you talking from personal experience? I find nothing wrong with pinehurst they put the offer out ( like many others have done. Then notified the offer was over. Check out other threads from the past and you’ll see the offer go up and not long after they stop the offer. I have had nothing but good experiences with pinehurst. I think you have maybe not done this deal before and really are just opining with out experience.

Sorry but I’m speaking for experience. Why is it so hard for some of you to believe that blasting out an email offer to everyone they know and then 90 mins later rescinding it; makes you feel good to deal with them? How about responding promptly to a standing offer and then once they learn it’s backorder—they say no deal? It’s just a wel offer in my opinion and I won’t chase any of those buyers to sell my coins. The offers anyway are weak to boot. With a little more research on the boards and elsewhere you’ll beat their offer without the hassle.

edited September 12, 2021 9:29AM

Coiner show the pictures. Doesn’t sound like you understand how things work. 1. Show me an example (you know). Example of a deal you did where you think something is different.2. Still no pictures of your overnight shipment.
    At this point I’m very happy for you but don’t buy what you’re selling.

Well...things are getting interesting on the flip side...

I just saw a payout offer for $350 (incl ship label)!

A decent $175 profit

Not bad but after watching the silver and gold guys this afternoon on Fox Business...
    I'm thinking there might be better offers to come!

Well I don’t see anyone trying to make a profit. 😂

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Coiner show the pictures. Doesn’t sound like you understand how things work. 1. Show me an example (you know). Example of a deal you did where you think something is different.2. Still no pictures of your overnight shipment.
    At this point I’m very happy for you but don’t buy what you’re selling.

Here is where I say that I’ve been in this game for a very long time-let’s say 50 years. I don’t know what you want a picture of, but if you can’t understand that an offer made by a buyer seeking tens or hundreds of new mint product being offered at noon on a certain day, then renegs on thier offer a mere 90 mins later doesn’t bother you—then by all means keep doing business with them.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s not a done deal until both parties are saying they are in agreement

Until PH issues their PO there’s no deal in their case

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
    edited September 12, 2021 4:15PM

Not what I’m asking about. I accidentally posted here but my question was about your 18 hour order/delivery of 2021W burnished. I made a mistake. Sorry. Maybe you could post the pictures on that thread. And maybe not. My apologies

• DscoinDscoin Posts: 338 ✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:
    Well...things are getting interesting on the flip side...

I just saw a payout offer for $350 (incl ship label)!

A decent $175 profit

Not bad but after watching the silver and gold guys this afternoon on Fox Business...
    I'm thinking there might be better offers to come!

How high did they say it will go and when?
    Asking for a friend. :wink:

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

Well how about high!Very high

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

None of the bigs on this site making offers in BST as of yet so not in the same league as the v75 gold or silver or the 2019 S ERP

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

But the hottest Ase’s on the year

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    None of the bigs on this site making offers in BST as of yet so not in the same league as the v75 gold or silver or the 2019 S ERP

This set also has a larger mintage so it is expected but will be just as hard to get. Get ready for early mornings again!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2021 5:27PM

No way I can get out of work tomorrow. My brother is staying home just so he can try for me. Tomorrow will suck. I can't imagine how many "page not found" errors. I'm sure that the buying clubs will be out in full force.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
    edited September 12, 2021 5:29PM

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

This set also has a larger mintage so it is expected but will be just as hard to get. Get ready for early mornings again!

I think that the V75 AGE will be the best of our lifetimes from the Mint.

If one is strictly looking at money making potential I think that was the 08 w/rev 07. Some folks ordered hundreds, sent the normal ones back and made solid six figures for not much work. It was easy as long as one was on top of it at the time. That could not really happen again given new return policies, etc. But I digress..

Doc- it was a board member here who made that 08 rev 07 discovery I believe and yes I heard he cleaned up

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

@Mgarmy said:
    Doc- it was a board member here who made that 08 rev 07 discovery I believe and yes I heard he cleaned up

Indeed. I think that quite a few folks did. It was incredible. I still have a few 70s left over :-)

I think that the single best one possibly every (sans some type of error, etc) will be the V75 AGE. Based on all of the negative feedback I doubt that they'll ever do such a thing again. What a glorious coin. Mine will never leave my collection while I'm alive. Just love it.

• Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

If one is strictly looking at money making potential I think that was the 08 w/rev 07. Some folks ordered hundreds, sent the normal ones back and made solid six figures for not much work. It was easy as long as one was on top of it at the time. That could not really happen again given new return policies, etc. But I digress..

I didn't get a shot at the v75, but I did score 6 - 08 w/rev 07 coins. I quickly sold them all at the early peak for $450 and $500.

@Raufus said:

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

You are absolutely correct on the 08 rev 07 ASE. Bought 100; got 65. Bought several more orders of 20 coins each until they stopped showing up. Had well over 100 of those.

Another good deal was the 2001 Buffalo unc and proof dollars. A friend of mine bought a new BMW Z3 off those profits.

• What’s special about this coin when the quantity also is more than 100k?

Reverse proof set

• Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Sold prices hovering around $500-$600 on eBay. Where does everyone see this set settling out at?

Double 70’s 1000ish

OGP or 69 $600-$700

This discussion has been closed.