Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition Order Thread****

Comments

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

the chances of a successful order is probably under 50 percent

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@coiner said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@micotu said:
    I think the high relief gold liberty was the first time I saw them rescind an offer. They even set their cutoff before the email went out. This time with the uncirculated ASE they gave you another 30 minutes to get your email in after their email. I'm pretty sure they realized they screwed up with how they handled it prior and I expect them to be more likely to give you time to send the email in the future.

Reminds me of an ole' saying...

Fool me once...

o:)

Exactly this ^^^^
    I view their offers as not firm. Don’t expect them to honor an email even an hour or so after the opening of sales??? Move onto another buyer—there are many of them on the boards.

Are you talking from personal experience? I find nothing wrong with pinehurst they put the offer out ( like many others have done. Then notified the offer was over. Check out other threads from the past and you’ll see the offer go up and not long after they stop the offer. I have had nothing but good experiences with pinehurst. I think you have maybe not done this deal before and really are just opining with out experience.

Sorry but I’m speaking for experience. Why is it so hard for some of you to believe that blasting out an email offer to everyone they know and then 90 mins later rescinding it; makes you feel good to deal with them? How about responding promptly to a standing offer and then once they learn it’s backorder—they say no deal? It’s just a wel offer in my opinion and I won’t chase any of those buyers to sell my coins. The offers anyway are weak to boot. With a little more research on the boards and elsewhere you’ll beat their offer without the hassle.

They didn't rescind it. They ended it. There's a limit to how many coins they want to buy. NO ONE is buying an unlimited number.

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    None of the bigs on this site making offers in BST as of yet so not in the same league as the v75 gold or silver or the 2019 S ERP

ASEs with mintages in the 125,000 range typically sell for $100 to $125. This is not scarce enough to be a long term winner.

• Options
    edited September 13, 2021 7:12AM

@Dirt94 said:
    Sold prices hovering around $500-$600 on eBay. Where does everyone see this set settling out at?

$125 each coin like every other ASE with a mintage between 100k and 150k.

Look at the price for 2011 reverse proof with a mintage of 100,000.

• Options

Here goes nothing today...i am sure it will be a crap shoot for sure!

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

Not sure where it will level out, but its an awesome set, I'm definitely going to be trying to get one. As for everyone else, definitely a bad idea to jump in today, give it a day and then see where it's at ;-) In all seriousness, its going to be wild today. Good luck to everyone trying to get one!

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@coiner said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@coiner said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@micotu said:
    I think the high relief gold liberty was the first time I saw them rescind an offer. They even set their cutoff before the email went out. This time with the uncirculated ASE they gave you another 30 minutes to get your email in after their email. I'm pretty sure they realized they screwed up with how they handled it prior and I expect them to be more likely to give you time to send the email in the future.

Fool me once...

Exactly this ^^^^
    I view their offers as not firm. Don’t expect them to honor an email even an hour or so after the opening of sales??? Move onto another buyer—there are many of them on the boards.

Are you talking from personal experience? I find nothing wrong with pinehurst they put the offer out ( like many others have done. Then notified the offer was over. Check out other threads from the past and you’ll see the offer go up and not long after they stop the offer. I have had nothing but good experiences with pinehurst. I think you have maybe not done this deal before and really are just opining with out experience.

Sorry but I’m speaking for experience. Why is it so hard for some of you to believe that blasting out an email offer to everyone they know and then 90 mins later rescinding it; makes you feel good to deal with them? How about responding promptly to a standing offer and then once they learn it’s backorder—they say no deal? It’s just a wel offer in my opinion and I won’t chase any of those buyers to sell my coins. The offers anyway are weak to boot. With a little more research on the boards and elsewhere you’ll beat their offer without the hassle.

They didn't rescind it. They ended it. There's a limit to how many coins they want to buy. NO ONE is buying an unlimited number.

If they have an offer on the table, and someone buys the coins, sends them an email with an order number, then 15 minutes later gets an email saying that they stopped accepting the deal 45 minutes ago, that's pretty shitty and bad business practice. If they think they are gonna get a ton of offers they need to have someone ready to send the email out the second they aren't taking more offers. Not 45 minutes after the fact.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s all a crap shoot. Do you get your order through the mint insanity in time to get the set then do you get the order in to the buyer in time to not get locked out ? Second half of the same game. You’re not talking about a $2700 gold coin. If you’re playing $175 won’t kill ya.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nationwide offer. How long do you think it should take. Again its the same style offer every time. They honor all replies until they have enough. Simple. Nice choice of words pretty poop I’d ask for pictures but am afraid you might provide them 😂

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Sounds like JM is on to something. These were low mintage 99,800 or so

• Options

just checked and i got a 5 percent e bucks promo also this morning

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pinehurst offering 400

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guxiyou said:
    Not sure where it will level out, but its an awesome set, I'm definitely going to be trying to get one. As for everyone else, definitely a bad idea to jump in today, give it a day and then see where it's at ;-) In all seriousness, its going to be wild today. Good luck to everyone trying to get one!

What makes this an awesome set? How is it any different than the 2011, 2012 and 2013 sets? This set should be sold as soon as possible before the perceived value of the set nose dives. If you want a set for your collection wait a year or two and buy one then.

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@djm said:

What makes this an awesome set? How is it any different than the 2011, 2012 and 2013 sets? This set should be sold as soon as possible before the perceived value of the set nose dives. If you want a set for your collection wait a year or two and buy one then.

The main difference is that this is the "Designer Edition" and features the old AND new reverse designs.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

The sunken cost into these is what worries me 175 plus speedy shipping plus quick turn at our host, shipping there and back etc

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

It’s the first issue of Reverse Proof 2021 type 1&2 Like the 2006 but much lower mintage.

• Options
    edited September 13, 2021 8:29AM

@micotu said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@coiner said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@coiner said:

@HoneyMarket said:

@micotu said:

Fool me once...

Exactly this ^^^^

If they have an offer on the table, and someone buys the coins, sends them an email with an order number, then 15 minutes later gets an email saying that they stopped accepting the deal 45 minutes ago, that's pretty shitty and bad business practice. If they think they are gonna get a ton of offers they need to have someone ready to send the email out the second they aren't taking more offers. Not 45 minutes after the fact.

I posted PH rules. Hopefully this will help 😉

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mint server check already started on log on.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

Yes sir kinda early but they are checking browser 11:30est

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    the chances of a successful order is probably under 50 percent

I was wondering this very same thing, what are our chances? How many buyers are after this? How many bots ready to be shot down, how many lined up to resell to someone else? How many collectors will get flustered again? Who here will be showing thumbs up? How many "page not found" and "prove you're human" and attempts to purchase will you have to jump through?? Good luck all.

• Options

3 minute sell out

• Options

At the ready to give it a go. Good luck everyone.

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    3 minute sell out

I'd agree, except the mint site cannot handle that volume. So... the crashing will prolong it several minutes

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

@Guxiyou said:

@coinpalice said:
    3 minute sell out

I'd agree, except the mint site cannot handle that volume. So... the crashing will prolong it several minutes

Maybe extend it to 8 minutes.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wifi off, cellular only, we will see...

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

website crashed.

• Options

Web server down totally crashed

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Russians at work!

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Website died a quick death, nothing but some HTML script showing

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭

system broke at 1201

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭

Lol. This is the mints sure on two different browsers.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, the website is just dying...

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

anyone getting through??

• Options
    DscoinDscoin Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭

Man this is disappointing

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 9:07AM

The Mint site is FUBAR

All management should be fired.

I gave up.

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

Got one in the bag at 12noon, then crash!

• Options

It’s up now

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a disaster

Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options

And crashed again

• Options

I have one in the cart but every time I hit check out it totally crashes immediately

• Options
    TyrockTyrock Posts: 290 ✭✭✭

System crashed immediately

• Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 9:57AM

Got one just now!!!

USM11469xxx

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got to step. 4, then bad gareway

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    YoloBagelsYoloBagels Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

"add to bag" button isnt doing anything...

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Whew. Finally got a set. What a saga!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
This discussion has been closed.