Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition Order Thread****

Comments

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 18, 2021 3:24PM

@HATTRICK said:
    Come on home to MAMA and PAPA . hope PAPA gets it in his bag. :p

I see what you did there!!!

*** Monday, Monday! ---> https://youtube.com/watch?v=h81Ojd3d2rY

You either love or hate the song...

BST references available on request

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

22 minutes Nah crashes and burns in the first minute and combat for the next hour 😈

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Yo K I think the early am group will be reconstitued for the two coin set

Yup. Early morning roll call will resume again for these coins just like the ERP and V75.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

When did they change the release date to Sept 13th? It's a damn circus at the mint.

• Options
    HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

@Dirt94 said:

@Halfpence said:

@HATTRICK said:
    have faith and hang in there. A little bird tells me things are going on behind the curtain. Look for important news in the near future.

Tell us the rumor! You can be our little bird.

I don’t think there’s actually a little bird. I think it’s just speculation.

Actually I have promised not to take the spotlight away from them for the work that they have done. And as anybody who knows me or did a deal with me, I always keep my word. Stay tuned.

Integrity. I like it.

• Options

@VanHalen said:
    When did they change the release date to Sept 13th? It's a damn circus at the mint.

Last night was when I first herd of it.

Collector

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@VanHalen said:

Last night was when I first herd of it.

You were well informed…

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@HATTRICK said:

@Dirt94 said:

@Halfpence said:

@HATTRICK said:
    have faith and hang in there. A little bird tells me things are going on behind the curtain. Look for important news in the near future.

Tell us the rumor! You can be our little bird.

I don’t think there’s actually a little bird. I think it’s just speculation.

Actually I have promised not to take the spotlight away from them for the work that they have done. And as anybody who knows me or did a deal with me, I always keep my word. Stay tuned.

I can respect that, but sigh it's now another thing on the backlog list :-)

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the "Better Late Than Never" category - official announcement of the Reverse Proof's delayed release:

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭✭✭

3 more long weeks.....

• Options

so can't wait!

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    3 more long weeks.....

Is THAT what they call a sleek presentation box? Same piece of crap they are using for the Morgan and Peace dollars - just bigger.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ordering is going to be such a nightmare.

I am fully prepared to be disappointed - if I can even break away long enough to try.

My father and brother are going to try for me as well. They're not uses to ordering from the Mint nor dealing with the absurdities of the current process.

The entire experience of high demand releases is most unenjoyable.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2021 10:14AM

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

Yup. Early morning roll call will resume again for these coins just like the ERP and V75.

If the effort and hassle for the V75 was worth it. Unless it happens to be convenient to try for these at a given time I'll not.

The ultimate post initial sale score likely of our lifetimes was the Sundsy after Thanksgiving for the V75 AGE. One only needed to be there and it was easy. I'll never forget that one.

• Options
    FlipsFlips Posts: 83 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

If the effort and hassle for the V75 was worth it. Unless it happens to be convenient to try for these at a given time I'll not.

The ultimate post initial sale score likely of our lifetimes was the Sundsy after Thanksgiving for the V75 AGE. One only needed to be there and it was easy. I'll never forget that one.

That was a good day! Was able to get my second one that morning. Highly doubt these will be on the same level as the v75 but we shall see.

• Options

@Flips said:

@Raufus said:

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

That was a good day! Was able to get my second one that morning. Highly doubt these will be on the same level as the v75 but we shall see.

Incredible. Best Mint score ever. Somehow I don't think that these will quite have the multi $1000 premium that those will always carry...

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Flips said:

@Raufus said:

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

Not to worry, they won't even be close to the V75.

• Options

@Raufus said:

@Flips said:

@Raufus said:

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

Incredible. Best Mint score ever. Somehow I don't think that these will quite have the multi $1000 premium that those will always carry...

11/29/20 was an incredible morning. One I’ll never forget. I doubt any coin will come up to the caliber of the AGE V75 for me.

I do expect the 2 coin set to be difficult. But the difference is obvious from the AGE V75. I’m sure there will be many morning refreshes ahead for those disappointed on launch day.

• Options

What about the ase V-75. As a comparison. The gold V-75 is the stuff dreams are made of.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

The next most difficult was the 2019 S ERP

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    What about the ase V-75. As a comparison. The gold V-75 is the stuff dreams are made of.

The ASE V75 although difficult, it was no where near as frustrating (at least for me) as it’s cousin, the AGE V75.

• Options

@CoinMeister said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

The ASE V75 although difficult, it was no where near as frustrating (at least for me) as it’s cousin, the AGE V75.

I was able to get the ASE V75 on the day of release after the AGE was marked unavailable. Got up every morning after that chasing the AGE and the one day that my alarm malfunctioned and didn't go off was the day that everyone was able to get one. Still hurts.

@Mgarmy said:

This one on the other hand I was able to get one in the morning. Pretty sure it was the last or second to last release before being marked sold out. :)

Collector

• Options

I remember that day you got one…it was awesome

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Kliao said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

I was able to get the ASE V75 on the day of release after the AGE was marked unavailable. Got up every morning after that chasing the AGE and the one day that my alarm malfunctioned and didn't go off was the day that everyone was able to get one. Still hurts.

@Mgarmy said:

This one on the other hand I was able to get one in the morning. Pretty sure it was the last or second to last release before being marked sold out. :)

Man, I remember that so well. We were all rooting for you. That whole V75 AGE episode I will never forget.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@Kliao said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Jzyskowski1 said:

@Mgarmy said:

Man, I remember that so well. We were all rooting for you. That whole V75 AGE episode I will never forget.

I remember quite clearly, sleeping in just a bit that day, never expecting any action on a Sunday....but it's okay, I got the silver V75 and it graded a 70 so I'm happy!!!!

• Options
    edited August 23, 2021 6:23PM

No worries Doc. Here is to all three of us getting lucky with the two coin fiasco in a couple weeks

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

I got my V75 AGE on an odd time morning when I think I was the only one to get one. I think it was like 6:38.

• Options
    Golden1Golden1 Posts: 208 ✭✭✭

With so many silver eagle collectors, this one could be one of the hardest to get in some time.
    Pretty sure this will be the last Type 1 forever.

• Options
    edited August 24, 2021 9:27AM

@Golden1 said:
    With so many silver eagle collectors, this one could be one of the hardest to get in some time.

Last year, the ASE V75 was difficult to get. The year before that the 2019-S ERP was difficult to get. The mint seems to put out at least one “hard to get” coin/set a year. The 2 coin ASE RP set looks to be the hard to get one for the year. However, with a mintage of 125k and a HHL of 1, it’s not impossible.
    If I were to gauge the frustration level on trying to get this set on a scale where the 2020 AGE proof V75 is a 10 (nearly impossible, highly frustrating) and the annual proof set is a 1 (not at all frustrating, can acquire anytime after launch) -this set will be in the 8 - 9 range. IMO nothing will compare to the AGE proof V75 from last year. Don’t get me wrong, the site crashes, the captchas, etc. will certainly amp up blood pressures on launch day. So I’m sure for some, they will feel this set is a 10!

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Golden1 said:

Have the 'last production run' coins and the "D&D" sets been 'released/auctioned' yet?
    Reference

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@Golden1 said:

Have the 'last production run' coins and the "D&D" sets been 'released/auctioned' yet?
    Reference

Nothing seems to indicate so far that these 500 sets for auction have any specific design markings on the coins that will be different than the ones already sold, but there will be a "rare" signed certificate ;)

Buy the coin, not the packaging.

• Options

Please keep posting, anything, until that Monday Monday video on top moves back to an old page.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    Please keep posting, anything, until that Monday Monday video on top moves back to an old page.

I’m hurt!

What’s better than Momma Katz dancing across your screen every day??

There is Michele Phillips to look at! 😘

BST references available on request

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,715 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

Do you want me to tweak @coloneljessup? That should get the video buried about 4 pages back.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    Nothing seems to indicate so far that these 500 sets for auction have any specific design markings on the coins that will be different than the ones already sold, but there will be a "rare" signed certificate ;)

Buy the coin, not the packaging.

I agree. :)

Merely pointing out that the reverse proof coin in 21XJ is technically not the last T1 ASE release ever.

Regardless of my 'position/opinion', some people do buy the 'packaging/label'. And, while I am unlikely to participate, I plan to monitor the upcoming "D&D' auction, especially the resultant pricing. It should be interesting.

• Options
    edited August 24, 2021 6:25PM

While we’re passing time here waiting for the battle to start . I went to the mint website and looked at the listing for the set. Am I the only one who thinks the pictures don’t look very good. Why can’t they do a better job. They just look plain and oh dang they look like hell. Just wondering? The RP ase’s I have are really excellent looking it seems like they deserve better 🤓🙀

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been discussed to death

They are renderings

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Been discussed to death

They are renderings

Yet I know at least one forum member who thinks they are photos.

• Options

@MsMorrisine said:
    Been discussed to death

They are renderings

Sorry your right.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Been discussed to death

They are renderings

Maybe they are photos of renderings ;)

Mama Cass is still there twirling that mic backwards and forwards, so I have to post something. This one just might do it.

• Options
    o0oo0o Posts: 20

Sorry for the newbie question, what's the reason behind popularity of AGE V75? extreme low mintage?

I got into the coin game after successfully grabbed a 2019 S ERP, and purchased almost every silver coin when buyer club(e.g. pfs) offer premium on . Still haven't opened box yet, and don't know what to do with it.

• Options

Oh boy this is gonna be fun

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,453 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have no idea what to do with a boxed coin?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    o0oo0o Posts: 20

@MsMorrisine said:
    You have no idea what to do with a boxed coin?

Yes, maybe i will pass on to my children :p I also read somewhere else that value of coin 70 > unopened > 69, so I think i will keep them unopened.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2021 5:22PM

Sold mine to a local B&M for $1,070 when they first came out. Prices were higher but promised him that price and honored it.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a set for a decent price, paid $80 over offering price. The GOP box had been removed from the shipping box. How do I go about sending them into PCGS?

Do I just send the complete box in for the coins to be graded and put in a dual coin holder? Thoughts, other comments?

• Options

@Goldminers said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MsMorrisine said:
    Been discussed to death

They are renderings

Maybe they are photos of renderings ;)

Mama Cass is still there twirling that mic backwards and forwards, so I have to post something. This one just might do it.

Or renderings of photos.

This discussion has been closed.