Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition Order Thread****

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2021 7:58PM

@Mgarmy said:
    Oh boy this is gonna be fun

It used to be. I feel like it's all reruns lately.

@MsMorrisine said:
    You have no idea what to do with a boxed coin?

Neither would I? Hard to see the coins.

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2021 7:51PM

A copy of the renderings of a photo ( I’m trying to help flip this to page 4😉

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Herb_T said:
    I bought a set for a decent price, paid $80 over offering price. The GOP box had been removed from the shipping box. How do I go about sending them into PCGS?

Do I just send the complete box in for the coins to be graded and put in a dual coin holder? Thoughts, other comments?

Sorry, but I am not tracking.

What set did you buy?

• Options
    Herb_THerb_T Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@Herb_T said:
    I bought a set for a decent price, paid $80 over offering price. The GOP box had been removed from the shipping box. How do I go about sending them into PCGS?

Do I just send the complete box in for the coins to be graded and put in a dual coin holder? Thoughts, other comments?

Sorry, but I am not tracking.

What set did you buy?

Aghhhhh….wrong thread…..sorry, I understand why you aren’t following me……senior moment!

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    Mama Cass is still there twirling that mic backwards and forwards, so I have to post something. This one just might do it.

:-)

BST references available on request

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HoneyMarket said:

@Goldminers said:
    Mama Cass is still there twirling that mic backwards and forwards, so I have to post something. This one just might do it.

:-)

I made this avatar just for you...

• Options

I feel much better now that we have turned over to a new page with more pleasant renderings and photos ;)

Still two weeks left for this reverse proof set. I wish they would just revise the mintage limit to NONE and eliminate the silly morning rush Sept 13th (Monday LOL) to get these. Maybe they could also revise the date to Tuesday afternoon, so we get a Moody Blues video next time.

There is no silver shortage, it is just a matter of timing to buy the rolls, punch the blanks, and run them through the upsetting machine to make the planchets.

I just want one to finish my set of Type 1 silver and maybe this will actually be the last coin of the series. Of course there will be more packaging versions coming of some Type 1 eagles, but those do not matter to me.

• Options

Goldminers. I agree with the mintage a few more would be great. Unfortunately they can’t keep up 😪

• Options

This is going to be fun trying to get on that day!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dirt94 said:
    I got my V75 AGE on an odd time morning when I think I was the only one to get one. I think it was like 6:38.

I remember that one too!!! That was probably the hardest coin to purchase from the mint. Congrats to those that scored!

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

Who all thinks that the HHL will get removed on this on the second day? I know certain hot issues it never gets removed. If it does get removed for this I think this one would be worth getting multiple of.

• Options

This will last about a nanosecond. HHL won’t apply much. Unavailable fast🤓🙀

• Options

Hoping it lasts long enough for me to grab one!

• Options
    Dirt94Dirt94 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

1 week left until potentially the hottest release of the year!

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still a week out but have not seen the big guys pulsing their buyer network yet

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

This is getting a lot of hype here for these 125,000 mintage. Since these were not presold in mass quantities from multiple enrollments which hit the S-mint ordering really hard, I think getting one should be doable, if the bot reduction program is working.

• Options
    edited September 7, 2021 8:14AM

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    This will last about a nanosecond. HHL won’t apply much. Unavailable fast🤓🙀.

This is the biggy for ase collectors and I wish us all good luck.

• Options

This is the biggy for this year but the two long poles will remain the 95w and the 2019 s ERP….unless the mint shits another one out sub 30k😄

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    edited September 8, 2021 4:41PM

Looks like there is a new lead horse

21RCN

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

The LESPS has a Type 1 ASE, but it's the same coin as 21EA. Same coin - different box.
    It isn't a new addition to the never ending Heraldic Eagle series. Thankfully!

• Options

But if sent in closed box, would garner a special label, and this would be the official last of the type 1 no?

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    But if sent in closed box, would garner a special label, and this would be the official last of the type 1 no?

Only if you collect special labels. It won't be 'officially' recognized by anyone except label collectors.
    I'm sure it will be done, but the coin will be just one of about 400,000 at that point.

• Options
    edited September 8, 2021 5:43PM

Agree but for registry builders it matters as it will be included IOT complete the set…type 1

• Options
    edited September 8, 2021 6:55PM

That's ridiculous.
    Does the registry set include any other ASE in prior year's LESPS that were sent in in a sealed mint box?
    Did they get a special label?

My Heraldic Eagle ASE collection will be complete with the reverse proof in the set on Monday!

• Options
    edited September 8, 2021 7:19PM

Like it or not rip…
    Exactly the same Proof coin…different label because it came in a different set

• Options

Take a look in the upper right corner….yep

• Options

I'll grant you there are silly labels galore, but we are considering registry set inclusion.
    There are currently 101 unique ASEs. It will be 102 on Monday.

Label collectors are probably in the seven hundreds!

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rip_f said:
    That's ridiculous.
    Does the registry set include any other ASE in prior year's LESPS that were sent in in a sealed mint box?
    Did they get a special label?

My Heraldic Eagle ASE collection will be complete with the reverse proof in the set on Monday!

I only went back three years (i.e., 2018 - 2020).
    The Proof-S ASE in the "limited edition proof set" received at least one unique PCGS coin number in each year.

Examples:
    ~ 2018: 686063
    ~ 2019: 805507
    ~ 2020: 841849

• Options

So this would then be the last of the last type 1 releases then…correct?

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

Yes…. Unless the mint comes up with another one last minute.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 9, 2021 12:03PM

Together for the first time in a theatrical release. They won't take no for an answer. They always make the grade. Bots never stood a chance.
    Jason Statham- Daniel Craig- & Liam Neeson starring in an edge of your seat, nail biting, coin flipping adventure:
    The Last of the Last The proof is in the set.

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    Agree but for registry builders it matters as it will be included IOT complete the set…type 1

That is true for NGC, but I can't find any PCGS registry set that requires the Limited Edition Proof label for a silver eagle set, including the other label sets shown below. And look at the very small number of registry collectors who bother with those.

True, there are a few more collectors who don't make their registry sets all public, but my point is for most PCGS silver eagle registry collectors, the only thing that matters is the 102 actual coins that are different. I have no interest in any of the so-called limited proof set or other special labels, and based on the numbers below, not many others do either.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m wondering if buyers are burnt out all this waiting nothing delivered. I think this set will be good but if no one offers to buy I’m too burnt out on 6 back orders nearly $5k. Even if this set triples I don’t care if I don’t have somewhere to go. I know what you’re thinking.....good one buyer down several hundred thousand to go then the pickens will be easy.

• Options

Well that sucked. Just got done with the ordering of the burnished eagle. What a pain! Got them but “page not found 4 friggin times”. Oh ya Backorder from instant they became available! Just a short wait until December 14th🎅 Yes indeed. December 14th … Nice 👍🏼. Hopefully they can 😂fix😂this by 😂Monday 😂

• Options

It's ridiculous that everything now is instant backordered.

• Options
    MWKMWK Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    I’m wondering if buyers are burnt out all this waiting nothing delivered. I think this set will be good but if no one offers to buy I’m too burnt out on 6 back orders nearly $5k. Even if this set triples I don’t care if I don’t have somewhere to go. I know what you’re thinking.....good one buyer down several hundred thousand to go then the pickens will be easy.

I'm out. I've seen this kind of behavior before in the comic book industry (I walked away from that hobby and never looked back) and this year's releases--with the seemingly endless variants, the terrible web site ordering process, the changing pre-order dates, and the fact that we have to wait months for the mint to even begin minting the coins--have likely made this the last year I will ever buy anything from the mint again. The mint would have to release something mind-blowingly appealing to me for me to consider ever putting up with this kind of nonsense again.

• Options

Those things are made of paper. At least some coins contain precious metals. Therefore they are different. Bullion value is way higher than recycled paper 🤓🙀

• Options
    MWKMWK Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

@Jzyskowski1 said:
    Therefore they are different. Bullion value is way higher than recycled paper 🤓🙀

They are not different in how they are being sold as a collectible. A zillion different variants of the American Silver Eagle is behaviorally no different than a zillion different variants of a cover for a specific comic book. And value is relative. I still have a few comic books bought in the 1990s that are selling for at least 50x what I paid for them. All the ASE variants are not being sold as bullion; the mint is demanding a very high premium for what is being sold as a collectible.

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

Right.... Definitely........

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

@originalsandman said:
    It's ridiculous that everything now is instant backordered.

it's the MInt's new scarecrow to scare off Bots. :D

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2021 2:16PM

Question for the peanut gallery...so with this set on Monday...theoretically 125,000 individual orders need to squeeze through a needle. Has that ever happened before with an issue of 125,000 coins?

Any predictions on how many minutes until sold out? I'll say 15-20 minutes.

• Options

WW2 privy 75000. Not the same but really crazy. Just about everything ase this year. Unavailable 15 minutes 😉

• Options

@CoinMeister said:
    This one won’t (shouldn’t) show backordered right away since there are no subscriptions. It will stay up long enough to prove you are human and the site refreshes several times. Getting one in your cart hasn’t been the issue. The hang up for me has been after you check the little box to accept terms. That’s where the frustration happens.
    It will be mayhem.

Oh that dang box!👿. Kicked me back to #3. CC info 4 times and when it went through it was weird kinda jumped a little and finally got them. Went back 45 minutes later and got 1 more. No problem quick checkout. I swear!

• Options

[[Oh that dang box!👿. Kicked me back to #3. CC info 4 times and when it went through it was weird kinda jumped a little and finally got them.]]

Although I have info for 3 credit cards pre-saved...I've occasionally found that manually typing in the info results in better results...sometimes...but that might just be a coincidence.

• Options
    HoneyMarketHoneyMarket Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:

...I've occasionally found that manually typing in the info (credit card number) results in better results...sometimes...

My first thought on this:

• Nice way to throw off the competition!

o:)

BST references available on request

• Options
    edited September 10, 2021 3:27PM

On one of my 4 kick backs it required I do just that. Think it was 3rd time. I put in the info and it kicked me back. What I haven’t had to do is prove I’m human and capture is seemingly gone.

• Options

[[On one of my 4 kick backs it required I do just that. Think it was 3rd time. I put in the info and it kicked me back. ]]

Yes, like everything else with the Mint's ordering system, it's a crap shoot...but I have had some luck in the past...although past performance is no guarantee of future results!

But it does blow my mind when on rare occasions, when the Mint's system allows me to pick LONG DELETED CC INFO from the list!!! So all our info...even for old/expired cards...is being stored in there somewhere!

This discussion has been closed.