Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition Order Thread****

Comments

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@TheBlackKnight said:
    Still available after 63 minutes. If there are any available tomorrow, at what time do they lift the HHL?

The mint does not always lift the HHL. They didn’t last year for the AGE V75. However, if they do, it’s usually 24 hours after the initial sale time.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's likely the US Mint is being DDOS'ed here to provide certain groups more of an opportunity to get orders in than others, for what it is worth. There have been many hyped releases and none have been this bad excepting the last one that was almost as bad as this, and there was a hacker group that stated they put out a DDOS on the mint's site for that release.

Bet this is the same exact thing.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got my order through 66 minutes in.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 10:11AM

I keep getting the "Prove you're human" page. Except there's no mechanism to actually do that. It's just a text page. No CAPTCHA or anything.

And I get "An unhandled error has occurred. Error No: 000-03" EVERY time I try to place the order

And it keeps resetting the shopping cart: "What's your address? What's your payment method?" kind of stuff

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    AbsolutionAbsolution Posts: 336 ✭✭✭

Easy to get now yay!

Successful BST Transactions with: RMLTM79 (seller), Gerard (seller), bgman (buyer), Coinflip (buyer) | Positive Vendor Transactions/Service with: Stuppler & Company (seller)
  • Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worst experience yet but got one

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭

I had to identify planes AND trucks. So many error messages. I even got errors that looked like they were done in DOS. But perseverance paid off.

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

One Hour Seven Minutes. What a joke that site is...

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    bluelobsterbluelobster Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭

@SeatedToners said:
    FINALLY!!!! 1:07 pm EST GOT ONE!!!!

Yep 1:07 in was it for me. What a PITA!

• Options

I finally got one to go through on my ipad. My computer kept stalling, but the ipad got me there. USM115322xx.

Sincere frustration. I had really thought from my last couple of purchases they fixed the website. Looks like the bots are mutating, just like viruses.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 10:11AM

Got mine finally at 1:08pm EST. :o

That was tougher than reeling in a 35 pound tuna when I was twelve years old.

Order #USM11545xxx

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep trying to y’all! My bro just got one set.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    ndeaglesndeagles Posts: 362 ✭✭✭✭

@Boboso5 said:
    I finally got one to go through on my ipad. My computer kept stalling, but the ipad got me there. USM115322xx.

Sincere frustration. I had really thought from my last couple of purchases they fixed the website. Looks like the bots are mutating, just like viruses.

This is only 63k orders since 12:10 ET, there may be a good number still available

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:
    It's likely the US Mint is being DDOS'ed here to provide certain groups more of an opportunity to get orders in than others, for what it is worth. There have been many hyped releases and none have been this bad excepting the last one that was almost as bad as this, and there was a hacker group that stated they put out a DDOS on the mint's site for that release.

Bet this is the same exact thing.

I missed that one. Where did you read about a hacker group taking responsibility? Can you share a link? Not doubting, just interested.

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got an order through at 1:05. By far my worst experience with the Mint's website! Countless error messages - Bad Gateway, Handshake Failed, Web Server Down. I got to confirming an order 3 times, and then got the Web Server Down message, and had to start over.

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

Finally got to check out at 1:04pm EST

Unbelievably difficult, but i guess it was worth it. Just got confirmation.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭

67 minutes using both laptop and phone. Laptop confirmed first. What a PITA.

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    MrBlusterMrBluster Posts: 324 ✭✭✭

got 1 after an hour 1:07 pm. Now I'll have to wait for confirmation email.
    I got log out, took forever to log back in.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still open at 1:12pm

• Options
    numinumi Posts: 29 ✭✭

I got to final check out around ten times and got one at 12:39 per confirm email. However, it wasn't clear to me that it
    went through until I got a you have exceeded household limit at 12:57 error message.

Usually you get one by twenty minutes or it is sold out. Their server crashes really slowed things down.

numi
  • Options

Got 1 at 1:12 PM!!!!

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 301 ✭✭✭

Same as everyone- about an hour six minutes, but success

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once again, just proving how random results can be, this was the easiest and smoothest ordering experience I have had all year long. Yeah, there was the crash at 1 minute, but that affected everyone. When the system came up again a few minutes later, I went straight to my bag, completed checkout and was done in under a minute. I was shut out of 4 of the 5 Morgans (did get the 10 CCs, though!)

• Options

60446 now...

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:
    As of this post there's still about 68,000 of these available, check the page html.

Didn't realize that was available there. Nice trick. Thanks!

• Options
    PppPpp Posts: 473 ✭✭✭✭

Finally. I had to log in my account using a different iPad 74 minutes

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s happening I got one. 1:14est. Hurry

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Well got the order acknowledgement in my E-mail. So far so good.

• Options

51,000ish... ddos attack is over and they're going fast.

• Options
    GhosOfRudyGhosOfRudy Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

51k remain

• Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

For everyone who claims this is the worst web experience ever, don't kid yourself. The U.S. Mint always sucks on new limited product offerings.

A press release with an apology from the Mint Director will be forthcoming later this week, explaining they're doing everything they can to address the issues.

But it will be just as bad on the next hot offering and every one after that as well.

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

took over a hour but finally got one 115xxxxx

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Unreal, worst mint experience ever, gold 75th wasn't even this bad! But....got 2! Thank you baby Jesus!!

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

45k left

• Options

As someone stated earlier the 1 per household made all the difference. Gave more people a chance to get one. Me like.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took forever, but finally got what I wanted. Now how long til a sellout? The site is so slow it's barely letting any orders go through.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 10:21AM

75 minutes to get one. Then called my father in law - he got one in 3 minutes flat - never a challenge to prove he was human or a Timeout. So he was 80 minutes in. Unreal...

Edit to add: NO confirmation email for me but credit card was hit. He received his email already.

• Options

43,550. Gotta pay for those DDOS attacks by the hour, I guess.

• Options

DDOS???

• Options
    HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

Confirmed email purchase from the Mint, finally got through checkout at 10:05 after 30-40 attempts. :s

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took over an hour - not what I would call a smooth experience...I'm at work so that helps but just another cluster from the mint. Probably wasn't worth the effort but as it kept crashing (probably 50 times) I got more determined.

Jim

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did the order have a ship date? I never saw one🤔

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got a second one! :)

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

USM11580XXX

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems like they're still up and the site is very responsive perhaps they will not sell out to day after all of this??

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
This discussion has been closed.