Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

****Official American Eagle 2021 Silver Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Designer Edition Order Thread****

Comments

• Options
    MWKMWK Posts: 61 ✭✭✭

@GhosOfRudy said:
    51k remain

I cannot believe that I could have started the buying process at 1:00 PM EDT and likely purchased a coin rather easily. You know what would be really funny, though? That the first hour was sluggish solely due to DDOS attacks and the actual demand for this coin is minimal; that is, this coin is a bomb and the flippers get burned.

• Options
    RMLTM79RMLTM79 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Finally got one. Ugh!!!!!

Yeah I saw you were struggling hard, glad you didn't give up!

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RMLTM79 said:

@Raufus said:
    Finally got one. Ugh!!!!!

Yeah I saw you were struggling hard, glad you didn't give up!

Thank u!!!!!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:
    As of this post there's still about 68,000 of these available, check the page html.

Less than 60,000 sold in the first hour... what a looser! ;)

That is a neat thing you found there.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

@meluaufeet said:
    45k left

How do you know this?

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 896 ✭✭✭✭

Took me about 60 seconds from start to finish . We'll see how that works out.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

I had two brothers just get theirs as well- after 1:00 eastern

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

@DelawareDoons said:
    43,550. Gotta pay for those DDOS attacks by the hour, I guess.

How do you say that, I calculate at least 110k orders from 12:11 to 5 minutes ago.

I might be wrong.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Might as well put one in the bag since its soo much fun... breakfast club

• Options
    GuxiyouGuxiyou Posts: 154 ✭✭✭

@53BKid said:
    For everyone who claims this is the worst web experience ever, don't kid yourself. The U.S. Mint always sucks on new limited product offerings.

A press release with an apology from the Mint Director will be forthcoming later this week, explaining they're doing everything they can to address the issues.

But it will be just as bad on the next hot offering and every one after that as well.

I'm one of those that claims it was the worst experience ever. I definitely cannot claim to have been here forever, but this is definitely the worst time I've personally had. I don't know how to rate this beyond my experience, but being over an hour in and having 50k of them still remaining seems to indicate a huge problem. These aren't still around because people don't want to purchase them, but because nobody can purchase them. Consider how quickly most of the limited product offerings have sold out, it would at least indicate that many people were getting through easily enough on the prior ones.

Anyway, probably just splitting hairs. I completely agree they are always crazy

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check your bank accounts…looks like I had six go through with all the crashes but looks like they are reversing charges

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

41,300 as of 1:25

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two orders finally. Terrible experience.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    Samuel8Samuel8 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    Check your bank accounts…looks like I had six go through with all the crashes but looks like they are reversing charges

I place one more order by mistake, the site state "exceed HHL...".

• Options
    PeyroguyPeyroguy Posts: 96 ✭✭✭

Holy S!!@, finally my brother and I got it, 1 hour after going on sale

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

@53BKid said:
    For everyone who claims this is the worst web experience ever, don't kid yourself. The U.S. Mint always sucks on new limited product offerings.

A press release with an apology from the Mint Director will be forthcoming later this week, explaining they're doing everything they can to address the issues.

But it will be just as bad on the next hot offering and every one after that as well.

It won't be as bad going forward.
    A lot of us Type 1 ASE collectors have had it with the Mint and will no longer be competing.
    Also, I think they're bankrupt of new ideas for PM gimmicks.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think my ordeal getting last year's privy mark ASE was just a bit worse than this, but not by much.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

An hour and a half in and there appear to be plenty left. Did everyone give up in the first half hour of hell or are these not as hot as we thought?

I grabbed two:
    12:43 11504xxx
    13:01 11520xxx

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 405 ✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

My wife had her CC hit 3 times with only 2 refunds, leaving one charged. Looks like the Mint is doing something correct!

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

@rip_f said:

@53BKid said:

A lot of us Type 1 ASE collectors have had it with the Mint and will no longer be competing.

Agreed. I've stopped at the Type 1's, so I sincerely hope this is my last hurrah with ASE's.

• Options
    BurnieBurnie Posts: 436 ✭✭✭

This may have been difficult or even unpleasant, but it did avoid a fast sell out and allowed more people access to try and purchase one.

BST transactions Wondercoin, MCM, levinll, Zrlevin and ajaan. Been buying and selling coins on E-Bay since 2002 as Monk2580
  • Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rip_f said:

@53BKid said:

It will be as bad as long as groups target these for flipping and commit to DDOS (Direct Denial of Service) attacks. Basically flooding the mints servers with thousands of requests per second on top of the high volume from buyers, in order to constantly bring the servers down.

The only way you can counter this is by basically being Amazon and having massive data centers all over the country to handle the insane traffic coming in.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

"hhl LIMIT REACHED" BUT HAVE NO ORDER IN EMAIL OR ORDER HISTORY

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    edited September 13, 2021 10:39AM

Just for kicks tried for another set and was in and out.

USM11620***

• Options

@Batman23 said:
    An hour and a half in and there appear to be plenty left. Did everyone give up in the first half hour of hell or are these not as hot as we thought?

I grabbed two:
    12:43 11504xxx
    13:01 11520xxx

I think these are hot, but when thousands of people hit the website all at once, it doesn't lend itself to many orders being fulfilled in the first hour. It took me 48 minutes of bouncing around to get mine. My guess is that the initial crush has abated some and the website is handling orders faster now. I'd be very surprised to see this not sell out today.

• Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

So it took me around 20 minutes to get the first one. I apparently got the second one around 1:06. But my "ordering laptop" is not the computer where my mail goes. So I had no idea. I never got a "your order was successful!" message. At one point my cart DID empty out, and that was probably it. But I ran to the email computer and didn't see anything. I also got weird stuff where it removed my payment info and replaced that part of the cart with "your payment information is not valid for this product" but it would STILL let me check out, although it would error at that point.

FINALLY I started getting "you've exceeded your household limit" messages at 1:20 and then I saw the second email.

I was on the phone with a buddy who was also trying to order, and getting the same kinds of issues. He got his around 1pm as well.

Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got one at 1:17 There has to be a better way...

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:

USM****0656

did you use the same mint account??

• Options

@SeatedToners said:

@cheezhed said:

USM****0656

did you use the same mint account??

No.

• Options
    PhillyJoePhillyJoe Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭✭

1:28p Not much trouble, slow but I stayed with it.

USM11613xxx

The Philadelphia Mint: making coins since 1792. We make money by making money. Now in our 225th year thanks to no competition. image
  • Options

28,170 left as of 1:38

• Options

mine still says HHL reached but no email and no order number

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

So did anyone see a ship date? I wonder if the mint will be able to get these out this year, lol.

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinCoins said:

How do you know this? Thank you.

• Options
    GiveMeProofGiveMeProof Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 10:41AM

Just got another one on my phone and my father's address and CC. Unbelievable. USM11639xxx. Went right through.

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 10:42AM

@MsMorrisine said:
    mine still says HHL reached but no email and no order number

Does your bag show empty? If so, you might be good. Also check your CC or bank account for a ping.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    smuglrsmuglr Posts: 407 ✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine check your spam

• Options

@Goldbully said:

@CoinCoins said:

How do you know this? Thank you.

check the page html. find 'availableCount' within :)

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinCoins said:

Wow!!! Wonder it will even sell out today

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭

The mint did a great job with the household limit of 1. Everyone complaining really shouldn’t be IMO.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 13, 2021 10:52AM

@rip_f said:

Not quite don't forget these!!! one more W Type 1 (for the label makers)

(l8-)>>

• Options

@Raufus said:

@CoinCoins said:

Wow!!! Wonder it will even sell out today

they will, they're selling about 1000 a minute.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    It seems like they're still up and the site is very responsive perhaps they will not sell out to day after all of this??

Down to 22,000 available.

• Options

Still up.

• Options

20,875 at 1:45

• Options

• Options
    CoinnmoreCoinnmore Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

I tried 8 or 9 times I might have 8 or 9 orders stacked up lets see if they ship them all out! B)

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,755 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:

@DelawareDoons said:
    As of this post there's still about 68,000 of these available, check the page html.

Less than 60,000 sold in the first hour... what a looser! ;)

That is a neat thing you found there.

righty tighy, lefty loosy

This discussion has been closed.