Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Grade Poppage Thread (Through-Date Estimation)

Comments

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 12, 2021 9:39PM

Last week I posted about my concerns on several subjects- in particular my concerns with the QA process issues I have been noticing on multiple bulks both tier and personal. The hits continue. Still VERY concerned they are sacrificing speed over accuracy / consistency of grading.
    On another note = may actually get movement on stuff next week.

First up- card was mislabeled- simple mechanical error put #41 instead of Ringside Rookies NNO- I mailed it back.
    Got it back again - and saw this smack dab on the card. Commence :o
    >
    >

>
    >

OK. fill out another slab report, get the new approval, mail it back again.
    Then I come home to this beauty . It makes me wonder. I can't do any more than shake my head

I posted about this Regular sub below not being entered despite all the rest being in there
    >
    >

>
    >
    Well it finally got entered and blasted all the way to grading in 2 days.

Look at the picture and tell me- I can understand maybe tweaking my descriptor to say Status Blk D/C 1/1

But to list it as a BASE item? What thought process leads anyone to this ?

Can the person looking and doing the card verification actually believe its correctly entered-- and what leads that individual to that thought ? QC concerns I have continue. There's more = figured I'd just show the 2 head shakers.
    >
    >

>
    >
    >

Sigh 😔😒

• Options
    brion8brion8 Posts: 60 ✭✭

@beachbumcollecting said:

@brion8 said:
    15 Card Voucher submission
    Mailed 9/16/20
    Logged 10/15/20
    Entered Grading 11/12/20
    5/3/21 received notice of one card not meeting voucher submission rules due to valuation.... which I'll gladly take!
    Although I'm happy about the 10, I'm disappointed about the 7 for the Jordan stickers. One of them was previously graded 8(ST). I cracked it out, cleaned the stain and re-submitted. Was hoping for a 8 without qualifiers. Bummer. I also thought the Rodman and Miller looked just like the Stockton, yet they both got 8. Go figure.

Cards received 5/15/21

Just not seeing much of a difference between the Stockton 10 and the Miller 8. But I guess I can't complain.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Snow on the Miller

• Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭

Snow on the Miller

I think you caught a break on the Stockton RC too. I am a 9 on that if I am grading due to t/b centering

• Options
    OneDaysRideOneDaysRide Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    edited May 19, 2021 9:26AM

See below for updated CTD Tracker ...

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

The oldest order out there still needs grading. Received June 18th. Entered August 12th. Carry on.

• Options
    RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember, it’s not just the front of the card that gets graded. What’s the back of Miller and Stockton like?

• Options
    brion8brion8 Posts: 60 ✭✭

@OAKESY25 said:
    Snow on the Miller

I think you caught a break on the Stockton RC too. I am a 9 on that if I am grading due to t/b centering

I agree. The t/b centering is questionable for a 10, but I'm not gonna send it back for a re-grade ;)
    Upon closer inspection, the Miller does have "snow". Thanks for pointing that out!

Also, should mention that the bottom row of cards is up for sale/trade.

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OneDaysRide said:

value modern :'(

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options

do upcharge emails come during assembly or QA1?

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OAKESY25 said:
    do upcharge emails come during assembly or QA1?

qa2.

• Options

then there is hope!!!

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

PSA/DNA special:
    Arrived: 4/26
    Entered: 5/17

• Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭

UPDATE

Collectors Club Platinum renewal 15 "free" modern, manufacturer certified, baseball autos (card graded only) submitted, apparently, just under the gun (before PSA "sold-out" of these).

Sent to PSA: 9/14/2020 (=8 months ago)
    Arrived at PSA: 9/18/2020
    Logged: 10/15/2020 (=7 months ago)
    "Arrived"/"Prep"/"Research & ID": 10/15/2020
    Grading: 11/13/2020 (=6 months ago)
    Assembly: 4/29/2021 (=2 weeks ago)
    QA1: 5/13/2021 (=4 days ago)
    QA2: 5/17/2021

• Options
    edited May 18, 2021 4:22AM

My first spin on the pandemic avalanche o' cardboard grading standards wheel. Completed 32 days ahead of PSA reported CTD (210 vs 242) Woo Hoo!

Expectation was six 10's of course :smiley: -- assigned five 9's and an 8.

• Options
    TronTron Posts: 64 ✭✭

I'm still trying to figure out how express takes 4 months when there's virtually nothing coming in to slow things down and bulk needle is still running backwards . I feel like I'm missing something

• Options

@blurryface have you seen this? kind makes me feel less great about grading that all these people are like 15 yrs old handling these cards. I would assume PSA and Beckett etc are all the same. https://youtu.be/_YNOs6Xu80w

• Options

venturing out on a limb and saying economy orders are on the front burner. considering that was the initial level that overloaded them and subsequently had to remove its availability, im thinking the focus is now to move all of those folks that would normally be checking cards in over to the back end to help ship. would assume most economy orders are 20 - 50 cards per sub vs 100 card minimum bulk or value vintage. much more time consuming shipping 50 different 20 card orders vs 10 different 100 card orders. in doing so, it clears storage space and utilizes that front end labor efficiently. it also seemed to be the most popular sub level therefore keeping more folks happy w movement finally.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

@blurryface

Thought you were locked up? How’d you get out?

Oh. Never mind.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    @blurryface

Thought you were locked up? How’d you get out?

Oh. Never mind.

shhh. ask me no questions, ill tell you no lies. 😉

• Options
    envoy982envoy982 Posts: 368 ✭✭✭

I missed all of last week due to a bout with the 'rona. Today, value modern moved for the first time in over 3 weeks.

• Options

Value - Modern 10 Aug 2020 B)

23 days and they finally cleared out was received on Aug 9th. Fingers crossed that was the biggest "received" day of the year. Otherwise if that is the pace we are about 500 days away from getting back any value-modern that has a received date of 9/1/2020 or later.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
  • Options
    edited May 24, 2021 3:23AM

This post is updated daily on the most recent page (33) of this discussion topic.

• Options

for record keeping purposes

• Options

more economy popping:

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

Collector's club voucher- submitted 4/24, Arrived 4/28, logged 5/17. All as CCV (though I did the submission as Super Express, because, well, you can't submit anything else)

Today it turns from CCV into Economy.

Que?

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

@weaselpuppy said:
    Collector's club voucher- submitted 4/24, Arrived 4/28, logged 5/17. All as CCV (though I did the submission as Super Express, because, well, you can't submit anything else)

Que?

Somewhere along the way, Collector Club Vouchers went from being logged as Regular to being logged as Economy.

It goes without saying it was strategic; a way to segment out a whole bunch of cards from the Regular service level so that turnaround times could be significantly improved by taking the cards that have already generated revenue to the back of the line and grade those at the Regular service level that generate a bill and start chunking down the tier. So, the tier gets under control faster, the company generates more revenue and all that’s needed to maintain the cards in queue is pushing out everyone’s existing memberships so that the vouchers don’t expire all at once and crash the system.

There was no notice given as to this change at any point and I am fairly certain it has never actually been acknowledged. When I personally asked customer service via email, I was given a logic defying explanation as to why it says ‘Regular Service Level’ right on my Collector’s Club paperwork, which was more than a little disheartening. At this point, I have basically given up on it. I guess it will be a nice surprise sometime in 2022. I imagine that as submission tiers reopen, they’re not going to suddenly prioritize CC submissions so what seems like a joke is now more and more probable - not getting my cards back for over a year. And with all the disappointment swirling as grades pop in the thread? This whole process used to be pretty exciting and fun and that element - at least on this submission - is completely gone.

Good luck with your subs, everyone.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    paleocardspaleocards Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭

FINAL UPDATE

Collectors Club Platinum renewal 15 "free" modern, manufacturer certified, baseball autos (card graded only) submitted, apparently, just under the gun (before PSA "sold-out" of these).

Sent to PSA: 9/14/2020 (=8 months ago)
    Arrived at PSA: 9/18/2020
    Logged: 10/15/2020 (=7 months ago)
    "Arrived"/"Prep"/"Research & ID": 10/15/2020
    Grading: 11/13/2020 (=6 months ago)
    Assembly: 4/29/2021 (=2 weeks ago)
    QA1: 5/13/2021 (=4 days ago)
    QA2: 5/17/2021 (=2 days ago)
    Popped: 5/19/2021

Grades:
    GEM MINT 10 1999 SP Signature Autographs RH Roy Halladay bought raw off eBay, turned out to be the belle of the ball!
    EXCELLENT 5 2013 Topps Five Star Baseball Autographs LS Lee Smith bought raw off eBay, Oops!
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2019 Topps Tribute Autographs TA-JS Juan Soto pack pulled
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2019 Topps Tribute Autographs TA-OS Ozzie Smith pack pulled
    EXCELLENT-MINT 6 2019 Topps Tribute Autographs TA-FT Frank Thomas pack pulled, was hoping to upgrade my Big Hurt 9, uhhh...didn't happen
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2019 Topps Tribute Autographs TA-Ftj Fernando Tatis Jr. Blue pulled redemption from pack, hoping for higher on this RC auto
    MINT 9 2019 Topps Tribute Tribute to the Postseason Autographs RJ Randy Johnson Red pack pulled, Yea! Upgraded my Big Unit 8
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2019 Topps Tribute Iconic Perspectives Autographs Ipmr Mariano Rivera bought raw off eBay
    MINT 9 2020 Topps Diamond Icons Red Ink Autographs Rimmu Mike Mussina bought raw off eBay
    MINT 9 2020 Topps Heritage Real One Autographs WB Walker Buehler Red Ink pack pulled
    NEAR MINT 7 2020 Topps Heritage Real One Autographs GT Gleyber Torres Red Ink pack pulled from same case as the Buehler
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2020 Topps Tribute Autographs Taya Yordan Alvarez Green pack pulled
    MINT 9 2020 Topps Tribute Autographs Tapa Pete Alonso Red pack pulled
    MINT 9 2020 Topps Tribute Autographs Taftj Fernando Tatis Jr. Orange pack pulled
    MINT 9 2020 Topps Tribute Tribute to Great Hitters Autographs Tghem Edgar Martinez pack pulled, Yea! Upgraded my 8

Oh well, only 1 Gem but at least the one that did was a pleasant surprise.

• Options
    weaselpuppyweaselpuppy Posts: 218 ✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:

@weaselpuppy said:

Que?

Somewhere along the way, Collector Club Vouchers went from being logged as Regular to being logged as Economy.

It goes without saying it was strategic; a way to segment out a whole bunch of cards from the Regular service level so that turnaround times could be significantly improved by taking the cards that have already generated revenue to the back of the line and grade those at the Regular service level that generate a bill and start chunking down the tier. So, the tier gets under control faster, the company generates more revenue and all that’s needed to maintain the cards in queue is pushing out everyone’s existing memberships so that the vouchers don’t expire all at once and crash the system.

There was no notice given as to this change at any point and I am fairly certain it has never actually been acknowledged. When I personally asked customer service via email, I was given a logic defying explanation as to why it says ‘Regular Service Level’ right on my Collector’s Club paperwork, which was more than a little disheartening. At this point, I have basically given up on it. I guess it will be a nice surprise sometime in 2022. I imagine that as submission tiers reopen, they’re not going to suddenly prioritize CC submissions so what seems like a joke is now more and more probable - not getting my cards back for over a year. And with all the disappointment swirling as grades pop in the thread? This whole process used to be pretty exciting and fun and that element - at least on this submission - is completely gone.

Good luck with your subs, everyone.

So, basically like the cell phone companies.... " You're already a customer?? Eff off!......You Shiny New Potential Customer, let me seduce you with my wares and run you down the red carpet.....I will take you to the Casbah..kiss kiss kiss kiss"

Got it. Good plan to copy, since people love their cellphone companies so much. Emulate the best!

At least they aren't emulating Comcast.....or are they?????

• Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭

More economy level poppage. Actually came in today and I saw it pop on but Mon/Tues are busy days due to excessive work/doc appt's. I'll scan later. Only 4 on this one were mine other 7 a fellow slab junkie like me. I'll let him show his off. Accurately graded on mine- one surprisingly went UP from my guess :smirk:

• Options
    demondeacsdemondeacs Posts: 116 ✭✭✭

A youtuber claims that PSA graded a little over 165,000 cards between 5/10 and 5/17 based on his tracking of the pop report data. Previous weeks were around 119,000.

I probably can't post it here, but it's titled "PSA Killed it this week" if you want to search for it. The data is at the five minute mark.

• Options
    TronTron Posts: 64 ✭✭

@paleocards said:
    FINAL UPDATE

Grades:
    GEM MINT 10 1999 SP Signature Autographs RH Roy Halladay bought raw off eBay, turned out to be the belle of the ball!
    EXCELLENT 5 2013 Topps Five Star Baseball Autographs LS Lee Smith bought raw off eBay, Oops!
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2019 Topps Tribute Autographs TA-JS Juan Soto pack pulled
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2019 Topps Tribute Autographs TA-OS Ozzie Smith pack pulled
    EXCELLENT-MINT 6 2019 Topps Tribute Autographs TA-FT Frank Thomas pack pulled, was hoping to upgrade my Big Hurt 9, uhhh...didn't happen
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2019 Topps Tribute Autographs TA-Ftj Fernando Tatis Jr. Blue pulled redemption from pack, hoping for higher on this RC auto
    MINT 9 2019 Topps Tribute Tribute to the Postseason Autographs RJ Randy Johnson Red pack pulled, Yea! Upgraded my Big Unit 8
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2019 Topps Tribute Iconic Perspectives Autographs Ipmr Mariano Rivera bought raw off eBay
    MINT 9 2020 Topps Diamond Icons Red Ink Autographs Rimmu Mike Mussina bought raw off eBay
    MINT 9 2020 Topps Heritage Real One Autographs WB Walker Buehler Red Ink pack pulled
    NEAR MINT 7 2020 Topps Heritage Real One Autographs GT Gleyber Torres Red Ink pack pulled from same case as the Buehler
    NEAR MINT-MINT 8 2020 Topps Tribute Autographs Taya Yordan Alvarez Green pack pulled
    MINT 9 2020 Topps Tribute Autographs Tapa Pete Alonso Red pack pulled
    MINT 9 2020 Topps Tribute Autographs Taftj Fernando Tatis Jr. Orange pack pulled
    MINT 9 2020 Topps Tribute Tribute to Great Hitters Autographs Tghem Edgar Martinez pack pulled, Yea! Upgraded my 8

Oh well, only 1 Gem but at least the one that did was a pleasant surprise.

It's ironic that you post this today because I have been feeling as though they are throwing what they think is a bone so as to not have as many complaints as they would if the hammer dropped a zero in the 10 column...as a matter of fact my last three, albeit smaller 8-15 card orders have all had that in common. Even w the Stockton posted earlier, I have to start wondering if this has developed an ego and some puffing up as though to say "Me give not 10's". Call it what you want but it's quite a pattern to ignore completely. I've graded thousands w them so it's not exactly my first rodeo so its a tough swallow to think that I missed something on almost everything considering my lifetime norm is between 33-37%. All of a sudden I'm blind and only know a 10 card 10% of the time. It's been the demise of many companies over time and when it happens it happens lightning quick and before you know it tumbleweed is all that's left

• Options
    edited May 20, 2021 9:07AM

(that economy train keeps on trucking)

i literally laughed out loud at this one. this might be the funniest sub ending ever.

37 cards, economy level

recvd: 9/30/20
    logged: 11/13/20
    popped: 5/20/21

1 1 51689878 GEM MINT 10 2018 Panini Prizm 280 Luka Doncic Card
    2 1 51689879 MINT 9 2018 Panini Prizm 280 Luka Doncic Card
    3 1 51689880 GEM MINT 10 2018 Panini Status 172 Luka Doncic Blue Card
    4 1 51689881 GEM MINT 10 2017 Panini Prizm 144 Zach Collins Purple Prizm Card
    5 1 51689882 GEM MINT 10 2019 Panini Prizm 248 Zion Williamson Card
    6 1 51689883 MINT 9 2019 Panini Prizm 271 Mfiondu Kabengele Silver Prizm Card
    7 1 51689884 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Update US200 Gleyber Torres Pinstripe Jersey-Gold Card
    8 1 51689885 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Update US200 Gleyber Torres Pinstripe Jersey-Gold Card
    9 1 51689886 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Update US200 Gleyber Torres Pinstripe Jersey-Gold Card
    10 1 51689887 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Mini 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Pink Card
    11 1 51689888 MINT 9 2018 Topps Mini 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Pink Card
    12 1 51689889 MINT 9 2018 Topps Mini 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Pink Card
    13 1 51689890 MINT 9 2018 Topps Mini 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Pink Card
    14 1 51689891 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Complete Set 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Bat Pointing Up-All-Star Game Edition Card
    15 1 51689892 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Complete Set 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Bat Pointing Up-All-Star Game Edition Card
    16 1 51689893 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Complete Set 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Bat Pointing Up-All-Star Game Edition Card
    17 1 51689894 MINT 9 2018 Topps Complete Set 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Bat Pointing Up-All-Star Game Edition Card
    18 1 51689895 MINT 9 2018 Topps Complete Set 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Bat Pointing Up-All-Star Game Edition Card
    19 1 51689896 MINT 9 2018 Topps Complete Set 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Bat Pointing Up-All-Star Game Edition Card
    20 1 51689897 MINT 9 2011 Topps 145 Freddie Freeman Wal-Mart Black Border Card
    21 1 51689898 MINT 9 2011 Topps 145 Freddie Freeman Gold Card
    22 1 51689899 GEM MINT 10 2011 Topps 145 Freddie Freeman Diamond Anniversary Card
    23 1 51689900 GEM MINT 10 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    24 1 51689901 GEM MINT 10 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    25 1 51689902 GEM MINT 10 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    26 1 51689903 GEM MINT 10 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    27 1 51689904 GEM MINT 10 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    28 1 51689905 MINT 9 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    29 1 51689906 MINT 9 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    30 1 51689907 GEM MINT 10 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    31 1 51689908 MINT 9 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    32 1 51689909 GEM MINT 10 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    33 1 51689910 GEM MINT 10 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    34 1 51689911 GEM MINT 10 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    35 1 51689912 GEM MINT 10 2011 Topps Team Set Braves ATL11 Freddie Freeman Card
    36 1 51689913 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Chrome Update HMT25 Ronald Acuna Jr. Pink Refractor
    37 1 51689914 VERY GOOD 3 2018 Topps Chrome Update HMT25 Ronald Acuna Jr. Pink Refractor

notes: all are right on par w guesstimates. the 4 acuna 698s bat down pinks are minis. and only 12 cards out there total. pleasantly surprised i even got a 10 AND no 8s. guessed three 9s and an 8. freeman black and golds are same boat. fully expected 9s. was prepared to see 8s w current standards, honestly. line 37? all i could do is laugh and dont even care what happened there. ill take the 3 considering i feel they got the rest of it right in regards to the standards that were in place when this sub was sent in vs what they seem to be now.

• Options

@blurryface

That 3 is like if you ever drop a card on the floor, you best look under the wheel of the chair before you move an inch. Please let us know how ugly that thing is when you get it back.

• Options

@OAKESY25 said:
    @blurryface

That 3 is like if you ever drop a card on the floor, you best look under the wheel of the chair before you move an inch. Please let us know how ugly that thing is when you get it back.

this is hilarious. glad others go into insta-freeze mode too.

it's happened so many times i start singing "nobody move, nobody get hurt" by nwa.

but a 3? excuse me. i think i misheard you. it sounded lke you said you finished off this sub w/ a 3.

seriously...10, 10, 10, 9, 10, 9, 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10 and a 3.

and on a thick chrome-stock card, im trying to imagine just what transpired to bring back a 3. had to be more than a chair fumblerooski, right? thinking a round of frisbee golf was played w/ it perhaps? i dont know. but a 3?

it might be my new favorite. being a 2018 update, im sure it's a pop 1.

so i got that going for me. which is nice.

• Options
    Geoff76Geoff76 Posts: 149 ✭✭✭

I think they did it to keep your head from getting too big. It’s like a coach who poor mouths his team in front of the media when they are getting too much praise and he wants to keep them in line. (See: Saban, Nick and “rat poison”).

• Options

@blurryface said:

i literally laughed out loud at this one. this might be the funniest sub ending ever.

37 cards, economy level

7 1 51689884 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Update US200 Gleyber Torres Pinstripe Jersey-Gold Card
    8 1 51689885 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Update US200 Gleyber Torres Pinstripe Jersey-Gold Card
    9 1 51689886 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Update US200 Gleyber Torres Pinstripe Jersey-Gold Card
    14 1 51689891 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Complete Set 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Bat Pointing Up-All-Star Game Edition Card
    15 1 51689892 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Complete Set 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Bat Pointing Up-All-Star Game Edition Card
    16 1 51689893 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Complete Set 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Bat Pointing Up-All-Star Game Edition Card
    17 1 51689894 MINT 9 2018 Topps Complete Set 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Bat Pointing Up-All-Star Game Edition Card
    18 1 51689895 MINT 9 2018 Topps Complete Set 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Bat Pointing Up-All-Star Game Edition Card
    19 1 51689896 MINT 9 2018 Topps Complete Set 698 Ronald Acuna Jr. Bat Pointing Up-All-Star Game Edition Card
    22 1 51689899 GEM MINT 10 2011 Topps 145 Freddie Freeman Diamond Anniversary Card
    36 1 51689913 GEM MINT 10 2018 Topps Chrome Update HMT25 Ronald Acuna Jr. Pink Refractor
    37 1 51689914 VERY GOOD 3 2018 Topps Chrome Update HMT25 Ronald Acuna Jr. Pink Refractor

notes: all are right on par w guesstimates. the 4 acuna 698s bat down pinks are minis. and only 12 cards out there total. pleasantly surprised i even got a 10 AND no 8s. guessed three 9s and an 8. freeman black and golds are same boat. fully expected 9s. was prepared to see 8s w current standards, honestly. line 37? all i could do is laugh and dont even care what happened there. ill take the 3 considering i feel they got the rest of it right in regards to the standards that were in place when this sub was sent in vs what they seem to be now.

Somebody thinks the Braves are winning the WS this year...

Collecting:
  • Options

@blurryface

In my mind, the damage card gets taken to a supervisor and he is like ok, we have a few 9's in this sub.
    Let relook and see if we were on the fence and we fall to the 10 side.. ok couple extra 10's. Everyone just break the wrist
    and walk away. Nothing to see here.

• Options

@OAKESY25 said:
    @blurryface

In my mind, the damage card gets taken to a supervisor and he is like ok, we have a few 9's in this sub.
    Let relook and see if we were on the fence and we fall to the 10 side.. ok couple extra 10's. Everyone just break the wrist
    and walk away. Nothing to see here.

easy is good. 😉

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

The oldest order is still waiting.....logged in August 12. Received in June......it has literally almost been a year.

• Options
    edited May 20, 2021 10:34AM

@76collector said:

@blurryface said:

37 cards, economy level

Somebody thinks the Braves are winning the WS this year...

more like thought freeman was due and had a legit shot at mvp in 2020. oh wait? economy just went from 6 weeks to 6 months on 10/1? welp. 😉

eta: i grew up in ga for the most part. i was def there between ‘89 - ‘99. no way did i ever think theyd win the WS! learned that lesson repeatedly.

i wouldnt bet on the bills winning the superbowl either.

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2021 3:24PM

@OAKESY25 said:

......if you ever drop a card on the floor, you best look under the wheel of the chair before you move an inch.........

So glad I'm not alone, and it happens all too often. :'(

• Options

@OAKESY25 said:
    BOOM!! 1 OF 1!! HIGHEST

thats pretty strong there, huge congrats!

• Options
    edited May 21, 2021 8:07PM

bold grades are my guess pregrade

GEM MINT 10 1991 Tuff Stuff Jr. 6 Mike Tyson 10

MINT 9 1991 Players International Ringlords Mike Tyson Sample 9+

MINT 9 1991 Players International Ringlords Mike Tyson Sample 9 or better

MINT 9 1984 Fleer Update U-27 Roger Clemens 10

MINT 9 1999 Pokemon Game 15 Venusaur-Holo 9

MINT 9 1999 Pokemon Game 2 Blastoise-Holo 9

EXCELLENT-MINT 6 1999 Pokemon Game 4 Charizard-Holo hoping for 9 but knew 6 was possible due to print line on holo

MINT 9 2016 Pokemon XY Evolutions 11 Charizard-Holo 10

GEM MINT 10 2012 Topps 1987 Topps Minis TM127 Mike Trout 10

MINT 9 2011 Bowman Draft 101 Mike Trout 9

MINT 9 1988 Fleer 20 Scottie Pippen 10 expected an upcharge on this

MINT 9 1994 SP 15 Alex Rodriguez Foil 9-10 hoped for upcharge

MINT 9 1985 Topps 401 Mark McGwire 1984 USA Baseball Team 9-10

NEAR MINT 7 1978 Topps 36 Eddie Murray Card 9 :/

super pumped about the psa 10 Tyson, not sure what the value is, 9's sell for $500 or so

• Options

10 card, economy

revd: 9/14/20
    logged: 10/13/20
    popped: 5/21/21

1 1 50582277 GEM MINT 10 2017 Panini Prizm 283 Kyle Kuzma Silver Prizm Card
    2 1 50582278 MINT 9 2017 Panini Prizm 283 Kyle Kuzma Silver Prizm Card
    3 1 50582279 GEM MINT 10 2017 Panini Prizm 16 Jayson Tatum Card
    4 1 50582280 GEM MINT 10 2017 Panini Prizm 16 Jayson Tatum Card
    5 1 50582281 MINT 9 2017 Panini Prizm 16 Jayson Tatum Card
    6 1 50582282 MINT 9 2017 Panini Prizm 117 Donovan Mitchell Card
    7 1 50582283 MINT 9 2017 Panini Prizm 144 Zach Collins Red Pulsar Card
    8 1 50582284 MINT 9 2017 Panini Prizm 191 LeBron James Silver Prizm Card

notes: needed a kuzma silver 10 for the set, so good there. 2/3 10s on tatum rc is pretty good, imo. the rest is about what was expected. overall happy considering what seems like "coulda been".

side note: crazy to look back to merely september of last year and think "ah, the good old days" when an economy order was actually available to sub under and logged in under a months time. nowadays, i have several express subs that have taken 3 months just to log and are still in r&id.

• Options

Your update

Did anyone see this post on the PSA home page?
    Service Update 5/19/2021

As of 5/18/2021, PSA is completely caught-up on Order Entry. In other words, all PSA submissions have been entered into the PSA system, with the exception of a few problem orders (ex: no signature, incorrect card count, missing payment method).

In related news, PSA’s temporary suspension of the acceptance of Value, Economy, Regular, and Express submissions is still in effect. We expect to take a tiered approach to reintroducing these service levels, beginning on July 1, 2021. Current Collectors Club memberships have already been extended 3 months and will be extended further to reflect the duration of the Value pricing suspension. We will refresh this update regularly to share progress and updates on timing.

Seems like good progress on that front. Hopefully we see things start to open up again and I have my fingers crossed the value pricing comes down to pre-increases pricing.

• Options

saw that, but still have 2 orders myself not logged. one done personally and another thru a group submitter back from 12/22 that was at the economy level of all things: :s

and the kicker: 20 day economy level still not even marked as recvd from 5 months ago?!?

• Options

@blurryface said:
    saw that, but still have 2 orders myself not logged. one done personally and another thru a group submitter back from 12/22 that was at the economy level of all things: :s

and the kicker: 20 day economy level still not even marked as recvd from 5 months ago?!?

Wow! Well, I am dismayed to see that. Have you reached out to anyone to see what's up?