Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

January 2021 pickups thread.

Didn't see one started yet. Picked up a couple rack packs, have been
working on a 1981 rack pack set with HOF's showing for a long time.
They are getting more expensive, I'm kind of picky the HOF'er has to be centered
at least fairly decent.
Love the Stargell and McRae, two of my favorite Pirates and Royals players.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Comments

• RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

@softparade said:

That looks awesome!!

• ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

@softparade said:

Dan, love the idea of framing the uncut sheets. Next time, though, I think you should invest in something more....um....ornamental. Like this, perhaps. (You're welcome 😊)

Andy

• softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

^^ LOL ^^

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2021 10:54AM

@Darin said:
    Didn't see one started yet. Picked up a couple rack packs, have been
    working on a 1981 rack pack set with HOF's showing for a long time.
    They are getting more expensive, I'm kind of picky the HOF'er has to be centered
    at least fairly decent.
    Love the Stargell and McRae, two of my favorite Pirates and Royals players.

LOVE that Ryan rack!!!!

Does anyone know where you can buy those top loaders for rack packs? I can't find them

Edited: Found them......on the BBCE site!

• blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@balco758 said:
    Started the new year with my first Mahomes. I just became a Chiefs fan. This is what happens when Jets decided to win a game.

hadnt looked at the actual card in over a year, but i gotta say. the team colored variation blending w. the jersey really does make that card pop and very visually appealing. might have to start picking some more of those up myself.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always loved Ryan’s Angels cap on that ‘72.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• balco758balco758 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never enjoy saying it but that’s a really nice 58 Richie Ashburn.

• MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭

WOW!!!!!!

@UFFDAH said:
    A rare sealed case pickup from Brady's Rookie Year. Original price hand written on top.

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

~tough foil variation here..... BTW ~the new 56 game NHL season kicks off the 13th of Jan. with every team playing the same six teams 9 times.......

• New arrival

• JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jl4jc2001 said:
    New arrival

Nice looking Mantle. Ebay purchase?

• AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

@UFFDAH said:
    A rare sealed case pickup from Brady's Rookie Year. Original price hand written on top.

That's a monster! Nice pick. Keeping it sealed I am guessing?

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 said:
    Wow does Edgar look young on this rookie card!

5x all star, 2x World Series champ, World Series MVP, 3x silver slugger, 2x gold glove

Named the 2010 World Series MVP after hitting game-winning home runs in Games 2 and 5 of the series. He is the fourth player to have multiple World Series-winning hits, along with Yogi Berra, Joe DiMaggio, and Lou Gehrig. Nice company!

Great card. Do you think an eventual HOF induction may be in the cards for Edgar?

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ahmanfan said:

@NGS428 said:
    Wow does Edgar look young on this rookie card!

5x all star, 2x World Series champ, World Series MVP, 3x silver slugger, 2x gold glove

Named the 2010 World Series MVP after hitting game-winning home runs in Games 2 and 5 of the series. He is the fourth player to have multiple World Series-winning hits, along with Yogi Berra, Joe DiMaggio, and Lou Gehrig. Nice company!

Great card. Do you think an eventual HOF induction may be in the cards for Edgar?

Thanks! I doubt he gets into the HOF, I’d put him in the hall of great.

• @JBrules said:

@jl4jc2001 said:
    New arrival

I purchased from a private collector. It's a beauty. Headed to PSA soon.

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

My latest card for my collection.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 451 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree...beautiful '68 Mantle! I am kind of new at PSA submissions...What grade do you think it will get?

• rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    A Jim Brown rc came up for sale/trade on another site I frequent and I was able to get it. I've kind of wanted one to pair with my '58 Topps CFL Cookie Gilchrist. Though Brown had the far superior career, if you ask players of the day, you might get a toss up as to who was the better football player. I'd like to get it signed. Maybe if we have a National this year.

I love the CFL Cookie. I have never seen it before. Thanks for posting

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • @Chicago1976 said:

I agree...beautiful '68 Mantle! I am kind of new at PSA submissions...What grade do you think it will get?

Hoping for an 8. I think it's centered well enough. However, they are always tough on stars. Your thoughts?

• PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭

@jl4jc2001 said:

@Chicago1976 said:

Hoping for an 8. I think it's centered well enough. However, they are always tough on stars. Your thoughts?

7 at best. Corner touches on lower corners. Upload a back scan and that’ll help- the wood grain borders make it hard to assess.

• RoflesRofles Posts: 752 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice cards @AFLfan!!

• erbaerba Posts: 285 ✭✭✭✭

@jackstraw said:
    Very difficult Front Row Promo! You will search for years and be lucky to find one. Of course PSA won't grade these because they are so rare they are not listed anywhere?

Nice card. I like the caricature on the back. I don't even remember Front Row being involved in hockey.

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tim, nice Dihigo!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    Tim, nice Dihigo!

Thanks, Dan!

Between two different subs, I will be taking the population from 13 to 15.

There’s something wrong with me...

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest