Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only thing I've gotten all year was about 2 days ago. A 1970 Swiss 1/2 Franc.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

nwcoast: Looks like a decent number of old & new Canadians in that dishl! Would be fun to learn what their breakdown was. :)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Snaps ... WOW!! Nice catch.... Wish I could find one of those in the reject slot.... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today's reject slot find

Also got a 1957 cent out of the change slot of a self checkout register.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

1964 Roosie and a Canadian 10c on Thursday, first find in awhile.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

Today's haul. Nothing collectible, just spendible.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picked this one out yesterday.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

In the reject slot yesterday, two cents...stuck together... Obverses showing, a 2019 and a 2020. Both red... Not sure why they are stuck... will give them an acetone bath a bit later. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Christmas day I pulled a Bahamas 5 cent piece and two US cents out of a Coinstar in Garland, TX

• Options

1992 Kennedy half, not in the reject slot but on the floor in front of the machine. Not sure how so many people could miss that hitting the floor.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just found 2 dimes and a penny...no silver or wheat so I put them back.....I rejected the reject slot find🤣😂

• Options

@ms70.... Nice silver find.... Been a while since I have found silver in the coinstar... usually a dime though...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited January 2, 2021 3:08PM

@ricko said:
    @ms70.... Nice silver find.... Been a while since I have found silver in the coinstar... usually a dime though...Cheers, RickO

Interestingly I just looked at the last Coinstar find (quite awhile ago, can't remember when) and it too was a 1947 dime
    but an S mint where this one is a Philly.

• Options

@Poseidon89 have to wonder if someone was cellphone distracted when they left that pile of coins in the tray.

• Options

Poseidon, what a haul!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,412 ✭✭✭✭✭

test

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reply from 10.1.10.18

• Options

@Poseidon ... That is a major haul.... I found a similar, overflowing reject slot once...had one handful, when a woman came up and said "Oh, those are mine, I did not realize they were being rejected there."... I believed her and handed her what I had .... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

The little gold colored coin is from South Africa.
    I know because I found a similar coin in a Coinstar machine.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

Canadian loonie and nickel yesterday.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

Two dimes (new), two cents (new)... Two 2 Euro coins.... and two cents on the floor....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

THE STREAK CONTINUES!! ............. While I was grocery shopping today, I heard the song of the Coinstar calling me! A gentleman was dumping a whole chunk of change in it at the front of the store. I quickly finished shopping & checking out, and bent over & reached my hand into the reject slot as I left the store, and found the following, continuing my Coinstar streak:

NADA!! ZILCH!! ZIP!! BUPKES!!
    :(

• Options

I found 2 Swiss 10 rappen coins, 1981 and 2010 the other day.

• Options

Silver is always welcome....and dimes in the coinstar reject are often silver. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Two quarters, three dimes, three cents, two Euros. No silver or wheaties. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much at the local coinstar at the market since covid. My biggest scores over time were about 5 euros in small coins that I took to Slovakia and spent them, and for some reason, about $2.50; 24 dimes and 10 pennies. Surprised someone didn't pick up the US coins; there were many of them.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fastfreddie said:
    Finally after the Covid drought...today!

Thought they were quarters...hence one reason why they didn't last.

They were called Carter Quarters.

• Options
    vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Seriously though..... someone start a poll and another thread asking if anyone has ever 'checked' a coin star machine. Because, to date, I still haven't looked in one, or used one, for that matter.

Ditto. What stops me? Pride.

Not really, the only machine I pass is at the Neighborhood Walmart grocery, which I always glance at on the way by. Never saw anything in the reject tray.

Vplite99
  • Options
    fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2021 7:05PM

@vplite99 said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Seriously though..... someone start a poll and another thread asking if anyone has ever 'checked' a coin star machine. Because, to date, I still haven't looked in one, or used one, for that matter.

Ditto. What stops me? Pride.

Not really, the only machine I pass is at the Neighborhood Walmart grocery, which I always glance at on the way by. Never saw anything in the reject tray.

?
    What? You don't like free money that may be silver or meter change at worst.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.
  • Options

Always nice to find silver in the coinstar reject slot....I check every time I go to the market.... and the mall when I go there. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Silver is good, and free silver is the best. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:
    I finally found some stuff this morning after coming up dry for a few weeks. At least the fuses have some "value" . . . . . they aren't blown.

Three groups of US coins stuck together and two 20A automotive fuses.

Could be worse, but not much . . . . . .

Z

I'd have been afraid to put my hand in the reject bin for those rascals.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommy44 said:

@ZoidMeister said:
    I finally found some stuff this morning after coming up dry for a few weeks. At least the fuses have some "value" . . . . . they aren't blown.

Three groups of US coins stuck together and two 20A automotive fuses.

Could be worse, but not much . . . . . .

Z

I'd have been afraid to put my hand in the reject bin for those rascals.

You're lucky I didn't bring home and photograph the "navel lint" and other stuff I had to push aside just to get that treasure trove . . . . . .

I felt the need to "disinfect" after prying those coins apart, just to see if any of them were "interesting" . . . . or even identifiable, which the center one wasn't . . . . . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found 2 quarters, 2 dimes and a penny. No silver ....

I was confused as to why these coins were rejected 🤔

• Options

I never wonder why, I just pocket the coins. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

Nice haul.... silver dime and additional sixty seven cents in change....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Just a cent and a nickel today. No good stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file