Comments

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Canadian loonie and nickel yesterday.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two dimes (new), two cents (new)... Two 2 Euro coins.... and two cents on the floor....Cheers, RickO

• DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,481 ✭✭✭✭

THE STREAK CONTINUES!! ............. While I was grocery shopping today, I heard the song of the Coinstar calling me! A gentleman was dumping a whole chunk of change in it at the front of the store. I quickly finished shopping & checking out, and bent over & reached my hand into the reject slot as I left the store, and found the following, continuing my Coinstar streak:

NADA!! ZILCH!! ZIP!! BUPKES!!
    :(

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found 2 Swiss 10 rappen coins, 1981 and 2010 the other day.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

Silver is always welcome....and dimes in the coinstar reject are often silver. Cheers, RickO

Two quarters, three dimes, three cents, two Euros. No silver or wheaties. Cheers, RickO

• ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not much at the local coinstar at the market since covid. My biggest scores over time were about 5 euros in small coins that I took to Slovakia and spent them, and for some reason, about $2.50; 24 dimes and 10 pennies. Surprised someone didn't pick up the US coins; there were many of them.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fastfreddie said:
    Finally after the Covid drought...today!

Thought they were quarters...hence one reason why they didn't last.

They were called Carter Quarters.

• vplite99vplite99 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Seriously though..... someone start a poll and another thread asking if anyone has ever 'checked' a coin star machine. Because, to date, I still haven't looked in one, or used one, for that matter.

Ditto. What stops me? Pride.

Not really, the only machine I pass is at the Neighborhood Walmart grocery, which I always glance at on the way by. Never saw anything in the reject tray.

Vplite99
  • fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2021 7:05PM

@vplite99 said:

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Seriously though..... someone start a poll and another thread asking if anyone has ever 'checked' a coin star machine. Because, to date, I still haven't looked in one, or used one, for that matter.

Ditto. What stops me? Pride.

Not really, the only machine I pass is at the Neighborhood Walmart grocery, which I always glance at on the way by. Never saw anything in the reject tray.

?
    What? You don't like free money that may be silver or meter change at worst.

It is not that life is short, but that you are dead for so very long.

Always nice to find silver in the coinstar reject slot....I check every time I go to the market.... and the mall when I go there. Cheers, RickO

Silver is good, and free silver is the best. Cheers, RickO

• tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister said:
    I finally found some stuff this morning after coming up dry for a few weeks. At least the fuses have some "value" . . . . . they aren't blown.

Three groups of US coins stuck together and two 20A automotive fuses.

Could be worse, but not much . . . . . .

Z

I'd have been afraid to put my hand in the reject bin for those rascals.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommy44 said:

@ZoidMeister said:
    I finally found some stuff this morning after coming up dry for a few weeks. At least the fuses have some "value" . . . . . they aren't blown.

Three groups of US coins stuck together and two 20A automotive fuses.

Could be worse, but not much . . . . . .

Z

I'd have been afraid to put my hand in the reject bin for those rascals.

You're lucky I didn't bring home and photograph the "navel lint" and other stuff I had to push aside just to get that treasure trove . . . . . .

I felt the need to "disinfect" after prying those coins apart, just to see if any of them were "interesting" . . . . or even identifiable, which the center one wasn't . . . . . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found 2 quarters, 2 dimes and a penny. No silver ....

I was confused as to why these coins were rejected 🤔

I never wonder why, I just pocket the coins. ;) Cheers, RickO

Nice haul.... silver dime and additional sixty seven cents in change....Cheers, RickO

Just a cent and a nickel today. No good stuff.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

Wow... Nice silver finds there... Dimes seem to be the most frequent silver finds...Cheers, RickO

Only a Canadian 5c coin and an Italian 1 eurocent.

• mrcommemmrcommem Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone found a gold coin at a coin machine or in a roll of bank coins?

• EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2021 12:11PM

@mrcommem said:

A user over on Cointalk reported finding a 1/10oz Krugerrand in the Coinstar reject slot back in October. Moreover, if I recall correctly, somebody found an Indian Head $2.50 almost a decade ago.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/coin-star-reject-bin-finds-this-am.367836/

Edit: Scroll down to post #170.

https://www.cointalk.com/threads/reject-tube-coinstar-finds.201092/page-9

delenda est WitterU

@mrcommem said:

No gold coins, but I did find a size 10 14k wedding band a little more than a year ago in the trash can next to the machine. The largest silver coin I have found, another trash can next to the machine find - a Spanish 100 pesetas from 1966 - a bit smaller than a silver dollar.

Wow... finding a gold coin in the coinstar reject slot would make my year....maybe the decade even. ;) Finding one in a roll seems more likely, but still it would be the find of a lifetime. Cheers, RickO

Nice... A silver Rosie.... I have not found anything in the coinstar for a couple of weeks...Cheers, RickO

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Wow... Nice silver finds there... Dimes seem to be the most frequent silver finds...Cheers, RickO

After a few years of searching and seven or eight individual silver dime finds, my wife finally found her first silver quarter. Like others, plenty of foreign including Canadian silver but no silver U.S. Quarter until now.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.

@MaineJim .... Very nice... two silver dimes....Is that BN cent a wheatie?? Cheers, RickO

• MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a wheat cent but does look like one. I thought that also at first glance. I think I better take a walk through the store tomorrow!

Jim

• stevebensteveben Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭

this thread is pure coin collecting. i love it

• nwcoastnwcoast Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBSTrader2 said:
    nwcoast: Looks like a decent number of old & new Canadians in that dishl! Would be fun to learn what their breakdown was. :)

Maybe one of these days, or weeks, I’ll take it all apart and go through the dish- sharing the results.
    It’s been a hard past handful of years but I’m retired now and finally catching up some after moving.

Happy, humble, honored and proud recipient of the “You Suck” award 10/22/2014

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WillieBoyd2 said:
    After a two-month drought:

Netherlands Aruba 25 cents 2000

:)

Lol. Just found one of those the other day. B)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
    edited March 2, 2021 3:04PM

Just picked this up...

I love this design the best out of all 5 2020's. I already decided, no matter what, I'm going to place these 40 quarters aside. W or not. I'm anticipating my first W Somoa Quarter. Maybe it's lurking in this roll? Lol

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Just picked this up...

I love this design the best out of all 5 2020's. I already decided, no matter what, I'm going to place these 40 quarters aside. W or not. I'm anticipating my first W Somoa Quarter. Maybe it's lurking in this roll? Lol

Wrong thread I believe. good luck with your search.

Lol.lol.lol. Sorry, getting old. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file