Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing here except the sounds of crickets, and the occasional button or bent paper clip.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep.... Reject slot been empty for a few weeks now.... I believe the attendant for the self checkout stands (right behind that station) has been clearing it out. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought I had a shot today when I pulled out a 1968 Canadian dime... featherweight under 2.1g and stuck to a magnet like Sharon Stone stuck to Michael Douglas in Basic Instinct.

2 Canadian nickels, 1968 dime, one Canadian cent and a non-copper Lincoln... better than a sharp stick in the eye but still in a silver drought!

• Options
    DeloreanDelorean Posts: 470 ✭✭✭

How are you guys finding these coins? I thought you had to put change in these CoinStar machines to get paper money back?

Chuck,

Ever Onward
  • Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2021 7:14AM

We are checking the coin return on coin stars. Found a half inch washer 😊the machine tends to kick out anything it doesn’t recognize as us coinage. Sometimes it kicks silver coins gold coins non-us and washers and buttons

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Yep.... Reject slot been empty for a few weeks now.... I believe the attendant for the self checkout stands (right behind that station) has been clearing it out. Cheers, RickO

Yep, that's direct competition I have the same thing going on at my Kroger. Recently though they moved the machine to the service desk area >:)

• Options

Sounds like stealth mode now or perhaps a buyers club group who can organize the runs😊😂😁

• Options

@EagleScout2017.... Well that is different... I would keep that one. (From a fellow Eagle Scout) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Joe_360.... WOW!! You got a W quarter in the Coinstar reject bin?? Amazing.... Outstanding haul overall... that is a real pile of change. But a W quarter... first one I have heard of from the Coinstar. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    edited August 10, 2021 1:15PM

Found a Japanese 50 Yen coin from 1981 a few days ago beneath the coin counting machine at Publix.

delenda est WitterU

• Options

Those are both nice groups of coins. I am entering another drought period. I gladly scoop up the coins from the reject bin - if I can get there before the store manager (who pockets them) or the check out clerks (who also pockets them). The store manager told me that.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Silver dimes are found quite often in the coinstar reject bin.... seems they are easily overlooked. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Silver dimes are found quite often in the coinstar reject bin.... seems they are easily overlooked. Cheers, RickO

Another silver surprise today... and maybe a dime error coin?? Looks to me to be too clean to have been done post mint. If I can't get a definitive explanation of the dime, may start a quick thread for error experts to chime in. I don't follow errors at all.

• Options

It might be a dryer coin? 🤓🙀

• Options

It appears to have been spooned.....Edge is repeatedly tapped (some do it with a spoon, can be done with other tools). Was often done to make a ring. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    It appears to have been spooned.....Edge is repeatedly tapped (some do it with a spoon, can be done with other tools). Was often done to make a ring. Cheers, RickO

Has to be machine done, smooth all the way around. I guess post mint damage of some type because I can't come up with a reasonable way a dime can end up with a smaller diameter at the mint.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clad quarter and two Memorial pennies today.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bunch of junk, and a 64 quarter today. Ends a looooong dry spell.

• Options

Found a quarter, a 2021P Roosevelt dime, a Jefferson nickel a 1946 Wheatie and a two cent Euro... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

A solitary dime, and a dirty look from a lady walking into the store.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2021 12:53PM

@SaorAlba said:
    A solitary dime, and a dirty look from a lady walking into the store.

I wear those looks as a badge of coin hunting in the wild!🤓🙀

• Options

I have found that when you hear the machine clicking, get ready to pounce.

• Options

@hiwatt .... Wow... Now THAT is a haul.... I have had that happen only twice in the years I have been checking the reject slot. Congratulations.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Not as good as last time but a score is a score 8 cents!😉

• Options

Wow... that nickel spent some time in a busy parking lot.... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Got a 43 Mercury , a steel cent and some junk today.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭✭✭

Friday at my local Kroger, $1.87 spendable change pus a 2C Euro from Spain and a 1964 Roosevelt dime.

First find in over six weeks.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    In4apennyIn4apenny Posts: 298 ✭✭✭

I have found nothing, cashiers/managers clean it out or check every day. However I did find one penny sitting on top where you dump the coins. It was a 2009 log cabin bright and shinny found earlier this week. Why no one else picked it up is beyond me.

• Options

Silver dimes (usually Rosevelts) are the most common silver finds in Coinstar reject bins... Always welcome though. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found $2-3 in Canadian coins recently. Saving them for the next trip to BC.

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,185 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wife found these the other day. Nothing special.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

@Joe_360 ... Double silver... very good. I have not found anything other than one damaged zincoln for about three weeks now... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file