Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Late last week I got three new Canadian dimes..... Nice and shiny. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the new colorized dimes

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Nice find... My drought is still running... dry..... Maybe today.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 I'm thinking the dimes are the most overlooked cause they're so small.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinscratch
    That could be, I don't care as long as they keep coming... I did get a quarter in January, but yes not as often... Thanks man

I'm thinking the dimes are the most overlooked cause they're so small.

• Options

@Joe_360... Most people do not even know or care about the silver dimes... They just accumulate change and then dump it. Only coin collectors or PM guys look for the silver. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    vulcanizevulcanize Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very thrilled to see my coinstar finds after soaking them in soapy water to remove all the nasty gunk.

2001 Penny with floating roof. Abe looks a tad different too from the usual pennies.

A coin meter token
    https://en.numista.com/catalogue/exonumia184822.html

A UK Penny

and a 2013 Shield Lincoln Penny. This was stuck hard and good to the floating roof one and needed to use some force to be prised apart and couldn't see anything because of the crusty gunk, icky as heck but still picked it up on a whim. o:)

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

Wow... You are on a silver roll....Been a while since I have found silver at the coinstar....been a while now for anything. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the first time in 2 months, there was actually something in the local coinstar. Turned out to be a very well traveled 1957 D Roosie. Haven't found any silver coinage in circulation for a good 10 years.

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Food City today in Tennessee.
    8 clad dimes
    4 Jefferson nickels
    4 memorial pennies
    1 Canadian nickel

No silver
    First thing found in weeks. Maybe silver next time.

• Options

I always said, Ride a hott streak! Back to back dimes, today 1962D... 16 more days in April...

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found a nickel last weekend 😉🙀🦫

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dang.

• Options

@Joe_360....Wow... That is a major haul. I have found three similar hauls.... One, I was scooping out, when a woman came by, she had just cashed in her slip, and said "Oh my, I did not know that reject slot was there... those are my coins." I could tell she was truthful, and gave them to her. The other two hauls were mine, all mine. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday the wife pulled two 1964 quarters from the machine at our bank. I've trained her well.

• Options

@tommy44... Now that is a super haul... even some silver. Congratulations, those are awesome hauls. Yesterday I found one Zincoln.... :/ Oh well, makes the good finds feel even better. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited April 22, 2022 12:31PM

1951 dime, fourth dime in April plus one Canadian 80% silver dime. Good month and 8 more days to go...

• Options

No silver, but 1970S Proof clad quarter. The obverse has some scratches but the reverse looks well struck. I'll keep it!

• Options

Happy Cinco de Mayo! Good start to May, another 1964D Dime!!!! Yeah!!!!

• Options

This morning the Coinstar had eleven cents in the reject slot... One Memorial cent and one clad dime. Oh well, better than Euros.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited June 2, 2022 10:59AM

Good start for June, found this 1964D dime yesterday... The person left it on the table top, did not have to dig into the return slot... I guess they thought that it was just some ugly old dime... Not it's in my collection...

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

Three zinc cents and three modern dimes today.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

@WillieBoyd2... Well, at least you are finding something. Coinstar here has been empty for the last couple of weeks.... I think the store people are checking it constantly. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

Was at the supermarket yesterday, when I heard that telltale clang of a person dumping TONS of coins from tubs into the Coinstar............... hung around as long as I could in the hope she'd finish & leave something behind. Then my hopes were dashed when I saw her bend down & reach into the reject holder & scoop them out & back into the machine. :( Visions of a big score dashed!!

• Options
    edited June 6, 2022 7:08AM

Yesterday at the supermarket Coinstar.. Seventy four cents.... Two quarters, two dimes and four cents.... no silver, no wheaties, but one quarter was a Maya Angelou quarter. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭

Ricko, the spell is broken! Great to hear!

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options

@Joe_360... Wow... Nice load of silver - that is a great find. Quick, buy a lottery ticket. ;) Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file