Home U.S. Coin Forum

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice finds... My market machines have been totally empty lately.... Longer than usual drought. Cheers, RickO

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Nice finds... My market machines have been totally empty lately.... Longer than usual drought. Cheers, RickO

Perhaps the jackpot is right around the corner. Patience and persistence always seem to pay off. RGDS!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

2nd 64D dime find this month! Acetone bath forthcoming. Only shut-out two months (Mar/Nov) this year, good 2022!!

Silver from the Coinstar reject slot is always welcome... and usually a Rosie dime..... Cheers, RickO

• FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a clad dime glued to a zinc cent. Pic in “don’t mix” thread. Don’t miss it!

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

A couple of zincolns and an Australian cent from 1966.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

When I check the Coin Star, I look all over as you never know where you may find the coins. I once kicked a "Tide" bottle sitting next to the machine and it was still full of coins!
    Here a tip:
    Many times, I will find coins still logged in the entryway where the coins slide into the machine (See photo)

Using a standard business card fold in half (see photo) and use it like twisters. With the card folded in half, slide it so that one side of the card is under the coin, and one side is over, clamp down and remove the coin easily - They might be silver?!?

Photo coin star entryway:

Photo of folded card:

• milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭

Well, any silver in that Tide bottle? What was the total in the bottle?
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭

Sweet. Nice little find there.

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net

Well... yesterday... two dimes and one nickel.... no silver.... Cheers, RickO

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    Using a standard business card fold in half (see photo) and use it like twisters. With the card folded in half, slide it so that one side of the card is under the coin, and one side is over, clamp down and remove the coin easily - They might be silver?!?

twisters = tweezers?

i'm not picking, just trying to visualize in case i run into a situation like you mention, which seems feasible.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

@LanceNewmanOCC
    No worries, you are correct Sir. I've done it 2 or 3 times since this post. Thanks

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    Nice 2009 Lincoln Presidency Coin Star find. And Philly to boot!!

In this case the D is actually the more valuable one. But I think either of the Presidents P or D are tough to find in 67.

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to the supermarket today and walked by the Coinstar machine.
    There was a gray dime in the reject bin and I picked it up.
    It was a 1944 Mercury in pretty good shape.
    Where has it been for the past 78 years?

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

Two cents and a nickel.... Nothing special yesterday. Cheers, RickO

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,567 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Two cents and a nickel.... Nothing special yesterday. Cheers, RickO

Lucky 7s

@Coinscratch said:

@Joe_360 said:
    Nice 2009 Lincoln Presidency Coin Star find. And Philly to boot!!

In this case the D is actually the more valuable one. But I think either of the Presidents P or D are tough to find in 67.

True, but I live in CA so I mostly get D coins. Thanks

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing in the Walmart Coinstar today, but 26 cents in the parking lot.

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

@Joe_360 said:

twisters = tweezers?
    i'm not picking, just trying to visualize in case i run into a situation like you mention, which seems feasible.

I actually used this Tweezer technic today for my 1st 2023 silver find! A 1963D Dime. Nothing in the return, 3 coins in the tray-slot. One Canadian cent.

@Spawnfreek.... Yep... feast or famine mostly.... Once in a while, a huge pile is found... usually only a few... or none - as the last week or two has been for me. Cheers, RickO

• CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭✭✭

Way to go Joe!

• GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭

First finds in a long time, but definitely the largest coin I have ever found in the bin. I am assuming someone thought it might pick it up as a half dollar??? The Roosie is a 21-P.

imageimage

• WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

This penny was not a Coinstar find but came from a supermarket change dispenser:

US Cent 1919-S (Weight 3.00 gm)

It lost some weight during the past 100 years.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

Big day for me. Publix Coinstar had a handful of change in it including 1961 and 1964 quarters. As i pulled out the handful I heard the sound of silver.

@DCW... Nice finds. In all my years of checking the Coinstar, I have found only one half dollar... a 1971 Kennedy half. Cheers, RickO

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

64 dime today. Ends a loooong dry spell.

.38 at Walmart yesterday. Just modern stuff.

No silver, but some US coinage and two Deutsche Marks (1950 & 1972). Also a 1971 2 Pence. Still looking for January Silver

@Joe_360... Nice haul... No luck for me... been quite a drought now.... Cheers, RickO

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2023 1:10PM

Was rewarded with 57 cents(no silver) today when dumping in some Kennedy halves.
    I had one Kennedy that just kept getting rejected so I put it back into my coin jug for a future try.
    Well guess who left the jug in the shopping cart when loading my groceries into the car?😫
    So I am only plus 7 cents for the day.

Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 31, 2023 11:54AM

The two month silver drought has broken - hallelujah! Pics later.

The dime by itself is actually a 1963-D and was found in store #2 today.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a strange one:
    2 Five Ruble Coins
    95 Cents US (no silver)
    and 3 euros, 40 cents

"Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

No silver but $1.56 US change, 30 British Pence and 50 Euro Cent. First find in a long time.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Nice groups of coins @dhikewhitney and @tommy44 .... My haul yesterday consisted of one modern U.S. cent.... :D:D Oh well... Cheers, RickO

• FrazFraz Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing for a couple of weeks.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

Struck out today. :(
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

Modern stuff this week. .38. I can continue my retirement. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file