Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZoidMeister... Nice mixture of coins... I have encountered that type of mix in the past... Nothing recently though. By the way, the Canadian quarter depicts a Caribou, not a Moose. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

Last find

• Options
    EagleScout2017EagleScout2017 Posts: 238 ✭✭✭

@JonZtuff said:

Last couple coinstar finds

What's the date on the Canadian?

delenda est WitterU

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @ZoidMeister... Nice mixture of coins... I have encountered that type of mix in the past... Nothing recently though. By the way, the Canadian quarter depicts a Caribou, not a Moose. ;) Cheers, RickO

A zoologist I ain’t . . . .

Now I know why there was no squirrel . . . .

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

@EagleScout2017 said:

@JonZtuff said:

@EagleScout2017 said:

@JonZtuff said:

1900 is date on Canadian dime

• Options

@Joe_360... Wow and double wow.... Now there is a great birthday present... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko
    Thanks Ricko, appreciate your comments!

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing special tonight.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Coinstar et ma dime

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coinstar spit out ma dime 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options
    TrampTramp Posts: 655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2023 4:55AM

Visited 4 kiosks for the first time the other day. Nothing found. You all seem to find something interesting now and then but what I don't understand is how anyone using these kiosks miss the fact that there is change down in that very noticable large opening.

USAF (Ret.) 1985 - 2005. E-4B Aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief and Contracting Officer.
    My current Registry sets:
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Carson City Morgan Dollars (1878 – 1893)
    ✓ Everyman Mint State Lincoln Cents (1909 – 1958)
    ✓ Morgan Dollar GSA Hoard (1878 – 1891)

• Options

@Tramp... I agree... However, with the frequency we find change there, from one or two pieces, to huge amounts, it becomes obvious that many do not realize it is there. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Tramp
    true, one would believe so, but some just don't care, could be lazy young people cashing in grandpa's jar? Also, maybe area/region depended, hard to say why...

Just like fishing, sometimes they hit, sometimes you come up empty, you just got to keep trying.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have considerably more empty slots, then ones having coins left in them. But it sure is fun when you spot some treasure waiting for you.

• Options

@tommy44 ,
    Nice pick-up!

Life is like a coin-star return, you don't know what you're going to get until you "reach" inside...

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stopped by the Shop Rite to get our free spiral ham, Coinstar kiosk is in the breezeway. Mostly Chinese coins and 2 zincolns. Ya nevah know. Ham's gonna be great cause my wife's making potato salad. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Found a dime on the floor at CVS yesterday, Rosie, not silver. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    VTchaserVTchaser Posts: 289 ✭✭✭

I think i've found 4 silver roosies over the past 2 years of looking. And a bunch of pesos, canadian coins...

Successful transactions with: robkool, Walkerguy21D, JimW, Bruce7789, massscrew, Jinx86, jonasdenenbergllc, Yorkshireman, bobsr, tommyrusty7, markelman1125, Kliao, DBSTrader2, SurfinxHI, ChrisH821, CoinHoarder, Bolo, MICHAELDIXON, bigtime36, JWP, 1960NYGiants

• Options

Checked Kroger and Publix this week. No luck. The hunt continues,

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still no silver.
    $1.12 of ordinary pocket change in the local CoinStar yesterday.

• Options

The Coinstar reject bins have been empty the last couple of weeks... I have found change on the floor of the market, the floor of the drugstore, and the parking lot.... No silver, just modern change. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

@Joe_360 said:
    My first ever War Nickle Coin Star find, 35% silver 1943 S! Wait, it was on floor in front of the Coin Star... Is that still a Coin Star find?!

Heck yeah!

Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options

I checked the Coinstar at my Publix this morning and was rewarded with a clad Canadian quarter. Oh well.

• Options

@MarkKelley ... That is a nice Coinstar haul.. Is that a silver dime at the bottom?? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MarkKelleyMarkKelley Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Regrettably, no silver this time.

• Options

@ricko said:
    Well yesterday was a good day at the Coinstar. A silver quarter - 1961D and a silver dime - 1956D.... and a memorial cent. Two nice silvers.... YIPPEE!! ;) Cheers, RickO

Nice! Congratulations! Free silver is the best! Ride that hot streak!!!

• Options

da Forum Coin Star Family is on a roll!!! Again, ride that hot streak into the weekend!!!

• Options

I like how the silver dimes usually make it to the reject slot on the Coinstar. While I have found quarters, it is usually dimes (for silver). Found one Kennedy half, but not silver. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@WillieBoyd2 ... I would be really happy with a $20 bill in the parking lot... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I struck out yesterday.
    A women was dumping her coins in and every rejected coin went back for a second try or back into her pocket.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Yesterday I found two quarters, two dimes and one cent.... No silver, no wheatie... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file