Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mr_Spud said:
    I just struck silver at the Coinstar at lunchtime today. Also not sure what’s going on on the side of the rim on the 2 cent euro coin.

To my knowledge all 2 cent euro coins have a circumferential groove on the edge.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tommy44 Thanks

Mr_Spud

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Joe_360.... Nice of 'someone' to bag it all up for you... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Jzyskowski1Jzyskowski1 Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s something comforting about reaching into the coinstar reject slot and feeling that small handful of goodness. Been awhile but here it is. Nothing too special about this except for the lovely 57 dime in good condition that’s now soaking in acetone. Got to love some free silver. 😁

🎶 shout shout, let it all out 🎶

• Options

Free silver is always special.... I have not found any in quite a while now. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭✭

Absolutely nothing for three or four weeks. People must be getting smarter and not leaving rejects.

• Options

Yep.... been about the same for me. And I just checked this morning at the market... Zilch, nada, nothing, zero.... :'( So, I bought a MegaMillions ticket. :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found this stuck to a magnet inside a scrapped coin machine.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

My local Kroger took out the Coinstar (hopefully temporarily). Now it's just grocery shopping. Dang!

• Options
    wayfarerwayfarer Posts: 90 ✭✭✭

@Mr_Spud said:
    I just struck silver at the Coinstar at lunchtime today. Also not sure what’s going on on the side of the rim on the 2 cent euro coin.

That is really funny. Though I’m from Europe I never noticed the grooved edge on the 2 cent coin. I think the different Edge should serve to make it easier for blind people to distinguish between the cent units. Just like the size.

Best regards
    Wayfarer

• Options

Finding silver in the Coinstar (usually dimes) is a nice surprise. It has been a while for me though... Not even much change for a month or so.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 14, 2023 2:02PM

5/13: Tip if you don't see anything in the coin-basket, lift the handle. No silver, but I did not see these 2 1943-S steel Lincoln's until I lifter the handle and they popped up. Always nice to get these fairly rare steel cents.

• Options
    edited May 14, 2023 2:03PM

5/14: I've given this tip before but now have attached pictures. Look into the slot that the coins pour (pass) through, many times you will find coins struck there. I use my folded business-card as tweezers and pull them out. 2nd pictures show the 14 cents that I pulled free. No silver but leave no coin behind! lol!

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who will find the first King Charles III coin?

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

It has been a coin desert around here lately as far as Coinstar rejects go.... People must have exhausted their coin supplies... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@Mr_Spud
    Nice job! Ride that hot streak!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭✭✭

I struck out yesterday but will actively keep looking.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:
    I struck out yesterday but will actively keep looking.
    Wayne

Keep at it Wayan, Joe DiMaggio was .325... B)

• Options

@Mr_Spud,
    Good luck on the Triple Crown!!

• Options

Yesterday found 3 nickels and three cents in the reject slot - and one foreign coin, forget what country. Oh well, the drought is broken, maybe silver next time. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,846 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found a 1964D dime, plus a foreign coin at the Coinstar located in Safeway today.

• Options
    ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

No silver, unfortunately. These were all still in the tray at the top. Nothing in the reject bin.

Z

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

• Options

Coinstar drought again.... Not even foreign coins the last two/three weeks... Cheers, RickO

• Options

Great silver finds... The three machines I check have been totally barren now for a while... Hope to join the silver crew soon... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been suffering the silver drought for about 6 weeks now. Lots of zincolns and everyday change and a '43 steel cent but nothing else.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

Yeah, so far shutout in June, still have some time....

• Options
    edited June 23, 2023 6:04PM

Only find this month, a Germany Euro 10 cent coin.

This just in:
    June 20 - A Poland 10 Groszy 2000!

Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options

Well... broke the drought yesterday... Two cents... Shields.... Nothing special, but been a while. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found about 2 yrs ago out of a scrapped coin machine. Many more, but here's an idea of its contents.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Swampboy said:
    My wife found one thin dime tonight

Gees, you can get a family member to check the machine and all I get is ridicule and embarrassment for having the audacity to check the coin machine. :)

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SaorAlba said:

@Swampboy said:
    My wife found one thin dime tonight

Gees, you can get a family member to check the machine and all I get is ridicule and embarrassment for having the audacity to check the coin machine. :)

I know where they're coming from
    I can never forget riding home from school on the LIRR and once in awhile my Grandpa would be on the same train.
    As we were getting off one night I started to pick up discarded Posts, Daily Mirrors etc. and he said to me 'Don't be a seagull!"
    I always think of Gramps when I check the Coinstar haha

The entertainment can never be overdressed....except in burlesque

• Options

Today there were two Canadian dimes, 1975 and 2002.
    One was a circulating commemorative.

Queen Elizabeth Golden Jubilee commemorative 1952 to 2002.

Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file