Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two Memorial pennies today ay Walmart Hoping for better next time.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@USMarine6 .... Go for it... after six or seven times, it does not bother you anymore... I was the same way...then, one day while checking out at the market, I saw a store manager pass by, look at the reject slot, and pulled coins out and pocket them. I said "Dang it, if he can do it, so can I." (I did not really say 'dang')....And from then on, it did not bother me at all. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

Long ago while exiting the Atlanta airport I spotted a $50 under a row for seats backing up to the concourse passenger area. I picked it up and asked if anyone in the area dropped anything. Most people looked at me like I was a gypsy selling rosemary while others turned away. KEEPER!, paid for my parking.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today under the green machine I spied what looked like a new quarter, got it out from under the machine and it is a 2020-P Salt River. Imagine if it had the W mm.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

7 Lincoln’s 2 dimes and a nickel, NO silver.

• Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

@Modwriter said:
    I just got a 2004 Chuck E. Cheese token, 2 stuck together cents, and a road rash roosie.

Found out the Chuck E. Cheese tokens are keepers. They are selling on the bay.

• Options

I did not know the Chuck E. Cheese tokens have become a collector item..... None around here, but I get a lot of foreign coins from the coinstar, so could easily find one of those. Cheers, RickO

• Options

The Chucky tokens are worth something particularly if they are from a particular city or town. The latter issued mavericks are not worth anything outside the restaurant.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

@Pickwickjr said:
    My daughter was excited after she came home from shopping. Her coin star find tonight.

What shape are the obverse of the memorial cents? The 64 Roosie is a keeper! Great find. I always get strange looks when I check the Coinstars. lol

• Options
    PickwickjrPickwickjr Posts: 556 ✭✭✭✭✭

The flip side.

• Options

Silver is always a great find.... I have not found much silver lately though. Cheers, RickO

• Options

Three maverick tokens, a couple of zincolns and 35cents CDN.

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Walmart Coinstar was out of order today. Oh well.

• Options

@Joe_360 .... Wow... an all silver haul.... That is awesome, never had a find like that.... My super treasure would be an accented hair Kennedy half ....not going to happen, but fun to imagine. Cheers, RickO

• Options

:o<3 Wow!! What a great find.... Congratulations... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@No Headlights said:
    Walmart Coinstar was out of order today. Oh well.

So was mine last week - Spring, TX?

• Options

The '57-D is the only keeper. Plastic to the trash the rest to the donation bucket

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

A big score yesterday evening at the local super market! More than 7 1/2 pounds of valid coins of Great Britain plus almost 8 Euros and about a dollar in Canadian. Not much US, about 50 cents.

Now all I have to do is start taking international trips so I can spend the coins! :)

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Modwriter said:

@Modwriter said:
    I just got a 2004 Chuck E. Cheese token, 2 stuck together cents, and a road rash roosie.

Found out the Chuck E. Cheese tokens are keepers. They are selling on the bay.

If that is the case then I'm rich!

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya know, I have to say this for its on my mind a lot. Here goes.
    "The new zinc U,S. 1 cent has the same properties as disappearing ink".
    Kinda self explanatory.

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

The other day, at the Gilroy walmart, saw a 63 and 64 roosie, not in the return bin, but in the tilting loading tray, just stuck there, had to carefully use a key to retrieve them and not lose them down the chute

• Options

@rln_14.... Is that Gilroy, California? Nice area, garlic capital of the U.S.. I had the best garlic relish ever at a bar/restaurant there....Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @rln_14.... Is that Gilroy, California? Nice area, garlic capital of the U.S.. I had the best garlic relish ever at a bar/restaurant there....Cheers, RickO

I remember they even had garlic flavoured ice creme there.

• Options

@ricko said:

@SaorAlba said:

@ricko said:

I remember they even had garlic flavoured ice creme there.

Yes, Gilroy ca, yes garlic Capital of the world, yes, a few fruit stands sell garlic ice cream, also you can get it for free at the Garlic Festival, which had to be cancelled this year because of the pandemic

• Options

First score in a while, 51, 57-D, 63-D and 2015 roosies. Not in the reject bin but in the loading tray, never thought of looking there before but they stuck out like a sore thumb.

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Score! I got a 1946 silver quarter. First silver quarter from a coin star, allready found a silver half and dimes now I just need to find a silver dollar.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭✭✭

The local Safeway moved the Coinstar machine and I hadn't found anything for a month when last week there was a load of around 80 coins including German, Colombia, Canada, Brazil, Euro, and 20 from Trinidad and Tobago.
    Also some modern US coins, no silver, totaling around $1.00 worth.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rln_14 said:
    The other day, at the Gilroy walmart, saw a 63 and 64 roosie, not in the return bin, but in the tilting loading tray, just stuck there, had to carefully use a key to retrieve them and not lose them down the chute

another from Gilroy here. I have pulled a a silver dime and quarter from that very machine...

• Options

@Joe_360 said:

@rln_14 said:

another from Gilroy here. I have pulled a a silver dime and quarter from that very machine...

Oh oh, competiton, hehe...glad to know another "gilroydian" is present here on the forum

• Options
    air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 822 ✭✭✭✭

After about two years of checking the local Coinstar low and behold a 64 Washington quarter dollar. Yahoo!!!!

• Options

Seems to be a lot of silver being found lately.... Nothing for me recently....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Found about $1.50 in two machines today, nothing savable though.

• Options
    Joe_360Joe_360 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday I found a 1943 steel Lincoln :)

• Options

A friend of mine's wife's father passed away recently. The surviving mother had showed her daughter a large collection of coins in a safe. Upon hearing this news and knowing my hobby my buddy talked to his wife about valuing the coins properly and I was hoping to look at them this week. This past weekend they traveled again to meet with the family this time to divide up the estate between the siblings and allegedly pick up the collection so we could go through it thoroughly before co-signing it somewhere.
    Well, when they showed up the collection was already gone. One of the siblings mentioned they had signed it off to an auction house and managed $800.00 from the loose coins in a Coinstar machine.
    The End.

• Options
    IkesTIkesT Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinscratchFever said:
    A friend of mine's wife's father passed away recently. The surviving mother had showed her daughter a large collection of coins in a safe. Upon hearing this news and knowing my hobby my buddy talked to his wife about valuing the coins properly and I was hoping to look at them this week. This past weekend they traveled again to meet with the family this time to divide up the estate between the siblings and allegedly pick up the collection so we could go through it thoroughly before co-signing it somewhere.
    Well, when they showed up the collection was already gone. One of the siblings mentioned they had signed it off to an auction house and managed $800.00 from the loose coins in a Coinstar machine.
    The End.

That's a shame - no doubt the family could have done better than face value on some of that material (and you could have potentially picked up some real bargains) had they given you a chance....

That being said, what an ordeal to appraise someone else's collection - especially a large one - and then you have to deal with an ignorant, unreasonable, and/or conflicted group of people if you want to get anything out of it for yourself. You could have spent days appraising the collection and made reasonable offers on coins - and in the end, they still could have refused and decided to dump the coins you wanted in the Coinstar machine...In terms of dealing with the people, you probably dodged a bullet and saved yourself a lot of time and frustration, if that is any consolation...

• Options
    edited October 5, 2020 2:06PM

@IkesT . I agree and realizing the many different issues that could arise, I went into it only to evaluate the collection however;) I did offer the ability to have any coins graded if warranted and/or wanted.
    But whatever, no biggie. The take away is the reason this thread exists and re-affirmation to check those reject slots.
    Somebody somewhere got a fist full of silver last week.

• Options

Nice ... A Merc... have not found one in a while....and a '42S cent as well... A good day at the reject slot ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    TestoonTestoon Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

I broke a long drought. A few days ago 2 cents, one a 1943. First steel in a long while! Then over the last two days 47 cents in US change, a Canadian quarter and cent, Spanish 20 euro cent, UK 10 and 5 pence. Nice to spot a pile of coins in the reject bin!

Bill
    witty quote goes here
  • Options

A dime in the CoinStar reject slot, a Lincoln in the paring lot forty-six cents in the Little Caesars drive thru lane and the DOV only went down 650.19. Overall a pretty good day. :D

• Options

Finding coins - anywhere - is fun... Those of us who grew up when coins had purchasing power (yes, even cents), still get a thrill when we spot one in the parking lot, or coinstar, or floor of the market. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,134 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Finding coins - anywhere - is fun... Those of us who grew up when coins had purchasing power (yes, even cents), still get a thrill when we spot one in the parking lot, or coinstar, or floor of the market. Cheers, RickO

I agree. I still pick up cents off the ground .

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file