Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    inazinaz Posts: 16 ✭✭

I didn't see the AGE or ASE available

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I just now (4:45 pacific) was able to put a silver v75 in my bag but got banned when trying to check out. what the hey?

Wow! I didn't see then available. Keep it in your bag and try again later! At least it's in your bag and they are still not officially sold out.

• Options
    Weather11amWeather11am Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭

The silver medal didn’t have a household limit, I believe. There was 20 available after I got 1.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@inaz said:

@RichR said:
    Did something just pop at 7:45?

End of World War II 75th Anniversary 24-Karat Gold Coin showing available right now (Edit: gone now)

End of World War II 75th Anniversary Silver Medal was available for about 3 minutes at 7:45

RIGHT when I thought it was safe to get coffee -_-

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

error 1015 banned from checkout...currently not available.. I now have one in my bag though so I'll keep refreshing this morning. can't believe it. I guess the guy who pushes the button to release them was running late to work.

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    So then...the AGE was available at 7:45 today

Yes, for about 10 seconds.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

@RichR said:
    So then...the AGE was available at 7:45 today

Yes, for about 10 seconds.

See? The timing of release is kind of random lately.

• Options

I have a feeling the three besides the AGE are within reach. The AGE will require your stars to align, luck, and speed.

• Options

8:45 is the new 8:30... maybe

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope not 7:30. Keep checking!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's almost like they want the bots to get them if they're putting up random listing times. C'mon mint.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

omg you have to be kidding me its already over for today??? this is unbelievable

• Options

@Dave_01 said:
    omg you have to be kidding me its already over for today??? this is unbelievable

its only over if you stop refreshing ✌

• Options

I would go back to bed but now I have one silver v75 in my bag from this morning @4:45..got to try for checkout. friday the 13th .. oh boy.

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I would go back to bed but now I have one silver v75 in my bag from this morning @4:45..got to try for checkout. friday the 13th .. oh boy.

yes friday the 13th indeed this is just one horror story

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m actually surprised that they have released the gold this many days in a row. Last year’s S ERP silver eagle, I went a few months every morning with nothing.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@Kliao said:
    I’m actually surprised that they have released the gold this many days in a row. Last year’s S ERP silver eagle, I went a few months every morning with nothing.

I am guessing they are trickling out the back supply rather than dumping all at once.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exclusively a result of ecommerce problems as we know. Between the site problems and credit cards blocking and cancelling transactions...they must be about gone though at this point??

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Isn’t there a Federal law against cruel and unusual punishment? :s

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

I just got to checkout but couldn't place the order before it went unavailable again...theees close!

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

What time?

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I just got to checkout but couldn't place the order before it went unavailable again...theees close!

On which coin?

• Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Was this at 7:45 or 8:45 EST?

• Options
    edited November 13, 2020 7:00AM

which one was it? the silver v75 ... put into cart at 4:45 got to checkout at 5:45-ish up for about five seconds. this would be pacific times. your 7:45 and 8:45 eastern

• Options

ill try again 930 and 1030 hr EST then im done with fiasco, ill just wait till next year when the price will probably be around the 4500-5000 mark this is just plain ridiculous. Im sure some of you will have more patience than i but for me enough is enough

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2020 7:08AM

@Dave_01 said:
    ill try again 930 and 1030 hr EST then im done with fiasco, ill just wait till next year when the price will probably be around the 4500-5000 mark this is just plain ridiculous. Im sure some of you will have more patience than i but for me enough is enough

They would only do one system update daily. I'm surprised their clock is suddenly broken.

• Options

@Dave_01 said:

This just has gone ridiculous. It used to be a once a day check and be done situation. Now it is a mess and I feel the mint isn’t making this fun anymore. It lost its luster (no pun intended)

• Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭

its rewarding the most persistent buyers who presumably want it the most. in a way it seems pretty fair. if e.o. knew it was in stock at 730 there'd be chaos all over again

• Options

how could they sell stock with a 15 second window? feels like maybe it was some kind of goof?

a friday the 13th joke perhaps? this is just so disappointing

• Options
    edited November 13, 2020 7:37AM

I feel lucky to have gotten one in my cart and make it to the checkout screen this morning...I will keep trying for now.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm wondering if any of these "sales" are real? I'm hoping for the good members of this forum that have had success that they get their coins.
    I have had my silver stay in processing from the first day. I'm no longer filled with optimism by any confirmation number.
    Apart from that, while I continue to try for AGE like all of you, I realize this has been the first Mint issue in the last 20 years that I have been unsuccessful at buying. Ive been incredibly lucky, so it might just be ok that my luck has run out.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@engmtic said:
    its rewarding the most persistent buyers who presumably want it the most. in a way it seems pretty fair. if e.o. knew it was in stock at 730 there'd be chaos all over again

No, it's rewarding coders who write bots the most.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    I'm wondering if any of these "sales" are real? I'm hoping for the good members of this forum that have had success that they get their coins.
    I have had my silver stay in processing from the first day. I'm no longer filled with optimism by any confirmation number.
    Apart from that, while I continue to try for AGE like all of you, I realize this has been the first Mint issue in the last 20 years that I have been unsuccessful at buying. Ive been incredibly lucky, so it might just be ok that my luck has run out.

The sales are real. As noted yesterday, I was able to check out the V75 AGE that I had in my cart in about 20 seconds yesterday. Have a confirmed order.

On the subject of the latter, having heard the horror stories of orders canceled I've called the Mint a few times to be sure there are no issues. They insist that they email to correct issues and don't just cancel. Posts here would suggest otherwise. I'll be very on edge until I get shipping confirmation.

I consider my success yesterday - as long as it ships - to be immensely lucky.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bigole said:
    This used to be a quiet little secret and predictably done for years. "Items no longer available are made available again at 7:30 am, if there are any". We've killed the golden goose.

I am not, repeat not, trying to be snarky, but I have to ask.....
    What did we, the typical Mint customer, do to kill this long-standing practice?

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@bigole said:
    This used to be a quiet little secret and predictably done for years. "Items no longer available are made available again at 7:30 am, if there are any". We've killed the golden goose.

I am not, repeat not, trying to be snarky, but I have to ask.....
    What did we, the typical Mint customer, do to kill this long-standing practice?

On to us...
    Someone ratted us out...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

My thought was, when the site locked up Friday am at 7:30, it got noticed.
    Just a thought, I don't know anything......

• Options

just getting ready for this weekend - the mint opened up sales on these last saturday briefly, right? everything's a blur --- if there's no chance tomorrow, maybe I can sleep in 😅

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bigole said:
    My thought was, when the site locked up Friday am at 7:30, it got noticed.
    Just a thought, I don't know anything......

Thanks for the response. :)

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

@hammer1 said:
    I got carpal tunnel from hitting refresh. Anyone want to join me in a class action against the Mint?

Yes! I'm going for carpal tunnel surgery next week! :*

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭✭✭

@privatecoin said:

@hammer1 said:
    I got carpal tunnel from hitting refresh. Anyone want to join me in a class action against the Mint?

Yes! I'm going for carpal tunnel surgery next week! :*

>

If you land an AGE, you could pay for three or four surgeries:

$2,713 to $4,196

The cost of a Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery ranges from $2,713 to $4,196.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file