Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2020 11:49AM

I am sending the capsules only. No special certificates, and all qualify for First Strikes currently.

Edited to say the 24 karat gold WW coin is a real beauty and just nice design for the coin size. Pure gold proofs just look better to me, than alloy gold eagles.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers looks nice! Congrats!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

thank you Onastone! I'm still a little in disbelief that I got one. this morning I was trying for the silver version and was able to get one in my cart at 4:45 pst and was banned from taking the next step and then I almost get through checkout an hour later before it went to "unavailable" again. probably about a 15 second window. I'll try again in the morning to complete the checkout if it pops up. I'd love to have the two piece set graded as 70's

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for posting the pictures and I really, really dig the half ouncer!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

I suppose you did expedited shipping - still waiting for my gold to ship.........slowboat mint loyalty customer free UPS ground

so much for being a "loyal customer"........yours gets shipped last!

"As of 11 a.m. Nov. 13, White's updated sales figures totaled 1,923 for the the privy-marked American Eagle gold $50 coin, and 74,770 of the privy-marked American Eagle silver dollar. "

Only 22 gold left! :'( I really hope I get one :|

Collector

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    "As of 11 a.m. Nov. 13, White's updated sales figures totaled 1,923 for the the privy-marked American Eagle gold $50 coin, and 74,770 of the privy-marked American Eagle silver dollar. "

There is still hope!!!!!!!!!!!

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:
    I suppose you did expedited shipping - still waiting for my gold to ship.........slowboat mint loyalty customer free UPS ground

Expedited shipping doesn't get it out of the Mint any faster. The last time I bought it - and it will be the LAST time - it took them 10 days to ship my "overnight". If you read their FAQ, they indicate that it is just the method of delivery not the actually packing/shipping that gets expedited.

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

Pardon my ignorance. Who is White? I feel I should know this....

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2020 12:54PM

@Goldminers said:
    And the miracle occurred. UPS just dropped this off and with the 24kt other one too! The silver came yesterday.

They are headed to our hosts as soon, as I can stop celebrating.

Super happy for u. PRAYING mine ships.

You ordered Monday?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,879 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:

I did expedited shipping on my silver and still nothing. Tracking has shown "Shipment ready for UPS" since Monday afternoon when the label was created.

• 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2020 12:56PM

My silver order which went thru maybe 2 minutes before sellout on 11/5, just shipped. Silver v75.

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

NICE!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

The V75 AGE gold was ordered 4:32 AM Pacific Monday, the $25 WW2 at 5:32 AM Wed.

And I did pay for expedited shipping and handling, as it might make a difference sometimes with how they prioritize things.

Good luck to all, yours might still be out there.

@CoinMeister said:

@Kliao said:

Pardon my ignorance. Who is White? I feel I should know this....

United States Mint spokesman Michael White.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/secondary-market-prices-soar-for-sold-out-american-eagles

Collector

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

My ASE arrived at noon and was on its way to our host as of 2pm. Next challenge, getting the 70.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

@Goldminers said:
    The V75 AGE gold was ordered 4:32 AM Pacific Monday, the $25 WW2 at 5:32 AM Wed.

And I did pay for expedited shipping and handling, as it might make a difference sometimes with how they prioritize things.

Good luck to all, yours might still be out there.

I paid for next day shipping on my V75 gold hoping it might speed up entire process. That said, I don't think it speeds up processing.

Of course, on over $300 orders shipping is upgraded to 2 or 3 day (the $17.95 option) for free. Anyway, with how much effort I put into the V75 gold I wanted to do everything possible to just get it.

• privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pointfivezero said:

@privatecoin said:

@hammer1 said:
    I got carpal tunnel from hitting refresh. Anyone want to join me in a class action against the Mint?

Yes! I'm going for carpal tunnel surgery next week! :*

>

If you land an AGE, you could pay for three or four surgeries:

$2,713 to $4,196

The cost of a Carpal Tunnel Release Surgery ranges from $2,713 to $4,196.

I already paid for one this year and met my deductible, so insurance will pay most of it for me.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

Raufus- not sure they will treat the gold the same way but my silver had no exit scan at least non that was shown on the UPS site. Box was bigger than normal too. Then I go from nothing but a tracking number to your item is being delivered today.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Kliao- I lost track..did lightening strike twice for you? Did you get a gold or silver?

• HalfpenceHalfpence Posts: 452 ✭✭✭✭

I really like the 1/2 ounce.
    Got my ASE today (in CA), using budget shipping. Go figure.

I did not even see any notification that these were both even picked up by UPS at the Mint website when I checked last night, and the UPS dropped them off here on the West Coast first thing this morning.

So, yes watch for these as I did not expect them today at all.

That picture you posted is one hell of a coin man

@Mgarmy said:
    Kliao- I lost track..did lightening strike twice for you? Did you get a gold or silver?

I was able to get a silver on the original release day. Really hoping to complete the pair with a gold🤞

Collector

• jskillz95jskillz95 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

I received my ASE today (Friday) as well and I was near the end of the purchase groups on 05 Nov (I purchased 1 hr 26 mins after release, I read that it became unavailable 1 hr 41 mins after release).

I am now awaiting AGE that still shows processing. I was one of 68 lucky people that was able to purchase the AGE on Tues morning (10 Nov).

Definitely not delivered based on date purchased; my gold from sat is still processing. So, it appears, the expedited shipping method does get picked and shipped first.

@Mgarmy said:
    Raufus- not sure they will treat the gold the same way but my silver had no exit scan at least non that was shown on the UPS site. Box was bigger than normal too. Then I go from nothing but a tracking number to your item is being delivered today.

It seems to inconsistent.

My silver is on the way. Tracking updates from the USPS. They seem to be scanning it at every stop. It's due Monday.

Another member said that UPS simply dropped their gold off w/no signature asked for.

edited November 13, 2020 4:27PM

@coiner said:
    YEAH!!
    Gold Order just shipped!!!!!

Nice!! Congrats!!! Monday order? I know that's a HUGE relief.

@Kliao said:

@Mgarmy said:

I was able to get a silver on the original release day. Really hoping to complete the pair with a gold🤞

Good luck!!!!

Raufus- last year with the ERP debacle kliao was one of the diehards that got up every morning for like 6-7 months, Monday through Friday to get one and he finally did. You can find the thread here with the morning reports. It was awesome!

The three I posted above will be coming back from PCGS with TrueView photos and the special V75 label in a few weeks if all goes well.

But what is surprising for me is that even regular 2020 gold eagle proofs in PCGS 70 are hard to find. Been looking for a standard $10 quarter ounce gold eagle proof in PCGS PR70DCAM First Strike, and so far nothing. I had planned to stop my set in 2019, so did not get them early in the year. Now that the reverse design changed for next year, I decided to go for 2020 to finish it and then see what happens.

@Mgarmy said:
    Raufus- last year with the ERP debacle kliao was one of the diehards that got up every morning for like 6-7 months, Monday through Friday to get one and he finally did. You can find the thread here with the morning reports. It was awesome!

WOW!! I'll have to check it out. Mine graded 70. Love that coin!!!!

@Mgarmy said:

Yup. If it takes that long for the gold then so be it. Not stopping till it says sold out. :)

Collector

I now have to wait over the weekend to stare at processing for my gold order yesterday. I so hope that it ships Tuesday. All the horror stories of cancellations freak me out. It's just nuts with this coin.

Folks with huge money who pay insane amounts on ebay pay to not have to deal with any of this.

@Raufus said:
    I now have to wait over the weekend to stare at processing for my gold order yesterday. I so hope that it ships Tuesday. All the horror stories of cancellations freak me out. It's just nuts with this coin.

Folks with huge money who pay insane amounts on ebay pay to not have to deal with any of this.

There is a chance that it ships Saturday. My silver one shipped on Saturday.

Collector

edited November 13, 2020 5:31PM

Quiz: Take a break from refreshing, and see if you know the answer, without looking ahead of time.

What are the 3 plant names of the branches that the Liberty's and eagle are holding in this picture of WW II coins, in sort of order?

@Kliao said:

@Raufus said:

There is a chance that it ships Saturday. My silver one shipped on Saturday.

WOW!! That would be AMAZING. Mint lady said "processing takes 1 to 2 business days. Not counting weekends and holidays. Expect it to ship mid next week." Of course, we know that they're sometimes wrong. That would be simply amazing. Hard to relax until it ships.

@Goldminers said:
    Quiz: Take a break from refreshing, and see if you know the answer, without looking ahead of time.

What are the plant names of the branches that the Liberty's and eagle are holding in this picture of WW II coins, in order?

Tough one. Won't google. Thinking one is an olive branch?

edited November 13, 2020 5:33PM

I have the answer but it is fun to just try to remember. There are 3 different plants, but who holds what?

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    It seems to inconsistent.

My silver is on the way. Tracking updates from the USPS. They seem to be scanning it at every stop. It's due Monday.

Another member said that UPS simply dropped their gold off w/no signature asked for.

No bueno, especially with a package of this value.

I am not questioning your account, but that is not how it is supposed to happen.

"In the interest of employee and customer safety, UPS’s Signature Required guidelines are temporarily being adjusted such that consignees will no longer need to sign for UPS Signature Required deliveries. Despite this adjusted process the driver will still need to make contact with the consignee. The consignee must, at the time of delivery, acknowledge that UPS is making a delivery and, if applicable, show government issued photo ID."

Source: Do I still need to sign for my package? @ https://www.ups.com/us/en/about/news/important-updates.page

I think the last one is the olive branch and one of the first 2 is an oak branch. Can't put my finger on the last one.

Collector

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:

@Goldminers said:

NICE!

really nice presentation

Kennedys are my quest...

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@Goldminers said:

What are the plant names of the branches that the Liberty's and eagle are holding in this picture of WW II coins, in order?

Tough one. Won't google. Thinking one is an olive branch?

would really love this if the silvers were added but superb as shown

Kennedys are my quest...

edited November 13, 2020 5:43PM

@Kliao said:
    I think the last one is the olive branch and one of the first 2 is an oak branch. Can't put my finger on the last one.

you are very close, but need more detail.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file