Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Dollar2007 said:
    Question for you guys. I am away right now and I requested my mail to be held but it unfortunately looks like Usps is going to deliver my silver coin today anyway. It will sit in an outside locked mailbox for a day or two. Do you think the cold could be bad for it, condensation etc? Or it probably gets colder or as cold in the shipment process that I shouldn’t worry about it?

Thanks.

I wouldn’t worry about cold. I’d be more concerned with moisture. However, since cold holds less moisture (ie humidity) than warm air, I wouldn’t be concerned. Enjoy your coin!

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dollar2007 said:
    Question for you guys. I am away right now and I requested my mail to be held but it unfortunately looks like Usps is going to deliver my silver coin today anyway. It will sit in an outside locked mailbox for a day or two. Do you think the cold could be bad for it, condensation etc? Or it probably gets colder or as cold in the shipment process that I shouldn’t worry about it?

Thanks.

I don't think you have to worry. The capsule should be air tight.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know how you get rid of the dust in the pictures, but that does look very nice and congrats.

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    I don't know how you get rid of the dust in the pictures, but that does look very nice and congrats.

That always drives me crazy! Guess I'll have to just live with it somehow....

Collector

• Options

@Kliao Looks great!
    I got mine today too. I am hoping to unite the AGE with the silver as well. Good luck to you! You are still my hero from the 2019 ASE ERP!

• Options

@Kliao Those look great together! Hope you can put the AGE in the middle and retake that picture.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020 4:06PM

I stopped getting these graded years ago. I think the process of getting them graded may advance the spotting issue, maybe exposure to air, maybe the encapsulation process. Something is causing the spotting issue. I never had these spot in their raw condition.

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@Dollar2007 said:

Thanks.

I don't think you have to worry. The capsule should be air tight.

@CoinMeister said:

@Dollar2007 said:

Thanks.

I wouldn’t worry about cold. I’d be more concerned with moisture. However, since cold holds less moisture (ie humidity) than warm air, I wouldn’t be concerned. Enjoy your coin!

Yeah. These both make sense. Thanks you!

• Options

That’s interesting. I had the enhanced ASE graded last year due to the numbered cert thing. Maybe I’ll keep this one in the mint packaging.

Does gold ever have a spotting problem, I would really like to get the gold one graded.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like a metal detector wand?> @Kliao said:

@Goldminers said:

I was referring to the dust in mine. Yours looked perfect.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Think any will drop on Sunday?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020 5:58PM

I would not worry about gold with spotting other than copper red spots. This has happened on some of my gold but not as frequent as ASE spotting.

• Options
    edited November 14, 2020 5:59PM

@Goldminers said:
    looks like a metal detector wand?> @Kliao said:

@Goldminers said:

I was referring to the dust in mine. Yours looked perfect.

No mine has some dust as well.

Metal detector wand? The coin is laying on a pen if that’s what your looking at.

Collector

• Options

@pf70collector said:
    I would not worry about gold with spotting other than copper red spots. This has happened on some of my gold but not as frequent as ASE spotting.

Ok cool. Thank you!

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

who's showing up on the mint's website in the morning? any hope?

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020 8:27PM

@Goldminers said:

I just use compressed air to remove dust on and inside the capsules.

For coins that I'm keeping in the OGP (most of them) if there is dust in the capsule I very gently open the capsule while gloves over a soft surface and use compressed air to remove the dust. I've done this many times w/zero issue.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Eagleguy said:
    Got my 24kt 1/2oz today. Beautiful coin

Nice looking coin. If they move closer to spot I might look at getting one.

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    who's showing up on the mint's website in the morning? any hope?

Me! :)

Collector

• Options

seems like we've been through this before kliao. I remember the 2019 ERP chase. we went weeks every morning in the quest. then one day, my cart was emptied by the mint and my chase ended. now, it's back to chasing a silver eagle again. have one in my cart so the early morning ritual continues. good luck to you and all who are as stubborn as us.

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 719 ✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@JimTyler said:

I believe I got every tough issue until this gold.

You did good....the only problem with having one in your bag, is you can't buy anything else until it's dumped out. I dumped mine out to buy a silver war medal. At least, I think that's how it works

I dumped out mine on release day to buy the silver and got the silver. Then I added the gold back the next day where it's remained since.

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    Think any will drop on Sunday?

The last few before it's officially sold out.

• Options

@pf70collector said:

Gold doesn't tone as much as silver and copper do and the copper red spots tend to add to the attraction more often than not.

• Options

Nothing at 6:30CST

Collector

• Options

Big nada

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

nada...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

all quiet at 4:30 PST. gonna wait for 4:45 to see if the guy at the mint is running late again, then back to bed.

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

silver was available for less than a second it felt...I only needed three to checkout and couldn't (saved paypal and address...very high speed internet)

• Options

@cheezhed said:
    Holy chit got gold.

Congrats! Did not even show up as available on my computer.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

saw it avail, went through checkout but gone before confirm - saw it though - looked nice for a sec

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 15, 2020 5:47AM

Had in cart all info filled out just refreshed.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@cheezhed said:
    Holy chit got gold.

how? that is crazy. I don't understand the US Mint. So random.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:
    Holy chit got gold.

Congrats! That's amazing. I didn't see anything.

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

24k was available AGE wasn’t for me

• Options

@cheezhed said:
    Holy chit got gold.

Congrats! Never flipped for me. AGE or 24k 1/2 ounce?

Collector

• Options

Never even blinked on mine

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw it too, cheez beat me by fractions I guess.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t see gold ase go up. Anyone else?

• Options
    inazinaz Posts: 16 ✭✭

I was able to add the AGE to cart but it was gone in 2 seconds.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Split second...went from no longer available to showing active in my cart. Hit checkout then poof - no longer available again.

• Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

I got one silver into my cart and through checkout. Then gone before confirmation came through. :'(

• Options

Thank you for shopping with the United States Mint.
    Order Number: USM0886****

Waiting for confirmation.

• Options

Time to stop. This is ridiculous.

• Options

Card already hit, looking good.

• Options
    MrbarlintMrbarlint Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

I did not see the AGE go up but did see End the of World War II 75th Anniversary 24-Karat Gold Coin for a few seconds.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file