Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

7:45 huh? That's great. Any idea how many left now?? 8? 4? Maybe just 1?

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats JM!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Congrats Jesse!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Danno44Danno44 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

Yup site hung up at 745 est I have gold in cart but never showed available

• olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭

@CoinMeister said:
    I guess they are only putting one or two available per day now. My screen never changed. I may actually miss out on this one. But until it is sold out, there is a chance - even if those chances are fading.

More like 10-20 a day based on the sales figure updates.

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@olympicsos said:

@CoinMeister said:
    I guess they are only putting one or two available per day now. My screen never changed. I may actually miss out on this one. But until it is sold out, there is a chance - even if those chances are fading.

More like 10-20 a day based on the sales figure updates.

The AGE only had 22 left as of yesterday. There may still be opportunity for the other 3, however.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020 6:19AM

They just cancelled my silver medal from when I ordered on day of sales. It seems they are cancelling those who got one right toward the end of ordering. Just like those who ordered the AGE with privy. So this is still going on. Makes no sense. At least I have the silver ASE with privy. I really do not care about the medal.

I am loosing interest in AGE privy. Not as disappointed when my attempts fail getting past order processing.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

@OKCC said:
    I've never tested this theory, but does the Mint determine the same IP address to be the same household?

yes

No. And really how could they? Two neighbors share an IP address, friends over a football game, mom & Dad visiting for the week?

I've used the same IP address for many years for multiple orders. Never an issue.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020 6:19AM

They consider my 200 unit, 13 floor apartment building to be "the same address/household"...because my father in law has been blocked due to my order (different apartment units/numbers)...so yes, they ARE that stupid!

edited November 14, 2020 6:29AM

I do not think this to be an outrageous suggestion for the mint but for those that had an order cancelled with no limit violations etc, do not know why they do not have a wait list so you automatically go into a line for possible returns or cancelled orders etc. would apply only to those that had the orders cancelled through no fault of their own

@Onastone said:

@pf70collector said:
    They just cancelled my silver medal from when I ordered on day of sales. It seems they are cancelling those who got one right toward the end of ordering. Just like those who ordered the AGE with privy. So this is still going on. Makes no sense. At least I have the silver ASE with privy. I really do not care about the medal.

Sorry to hear that. The mint has become very unstable this month, random times, random cancellations, uncertain purchases.....

My guess is this will be their policy. They used to have a wait list. Maybe it’s just COVID for now. I got the silver ASE with privy on day after sales. It seems orders after day of sales are safe. Those that ordered on day of sales but toward the end will likely have orders still cancelled. If I were in that time window I would be calling the mint preemptive to avoid your cancellation.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020 6:55AM

I know someone who managed to obtain the v75 gold on the 5th from the Mint, now is battling with UPS, the package is missing, despite all the tracking and technology. Does the v75 ASE require a signature using the base $4.95 shipping?

EDIT: UPS

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

But arent they shipping the gold v75 via UPS in every case?

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

More than once I got it to the small white order processing widow. You actually think for 1/2 a second “did I get it....DID I ACTUALLY GET IT” only for it to flip back to the previous screen. What more can you do at that point ?

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    I have a v75 gold in my cart I’m saving as a souvenir.

Better take a picture! Even the cart items get removed eventually...

• coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

nada at 1030

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@92vette said:

It is automatically upgraded to the $17.95 shipping option free of charge. Signature required.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Have thete been any order cancelations from ones bought after release day?

Y woukd they cancel ones bought at the end of the window when some ate still left??

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@morgansforever said:
    I know someone who managed to obtain the v75 gold on the 5th from the Mint, now is battling with UPS, the package is missing, despite all the tracking and technology. Does the v75 ASE require a signature using the base $4.95 shipping?

The v75 ASE does not require a signature, and arrives via USPS.

I really can’t bitch. I believe I got every tough issue until this gold. I even got one as I sat in my doctors office ( 11am ct appointment) waiting for him to show up using my phone. Yet I still want to bitch 🤪

@JimTyler said:

I believe I got every tough issue until this gold.

You did good....the only problem with having one in your bag, is you can't buy anything else until it's dumped out. I dumped mine out to buy a silver war medal. At least, I think that's how it works

Yes that’s how it works. It’s been a year since my last purchase ( reverse proof ASE) probably another year until another worth buying.

Not only that, if u have one in your bag and so much as add something else the unavailable one drops out!! Beware of this.

@Raufus said:
    Not only that, if u have one in your bag and so much as add something else the unavailable one drops out!! Beware of this.

You mean there's a hole in the bag?

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

I had the v75 ASE in my bag but it didn't show any available this morning, not even for a mili-second 4:45 am west coast time. But, the good news is that my gold v75 is on its way this morning to our hosts for grading. crossing my fingers for a 70. can't wait to see it! thanks to MetroD who helped me immensely in clarifying how to submit the coin for grading and picking the special label.

• had more important matters to take care of this morning so i could not check, im glad i didnt. I see its the same nonsense as yesterday up for seconds. Its such nonsense ill just get this coin down the road from my LCS i have spent a ton of money there i know he will hook me up next year for this coin so i can complete my AGE set. Hopefully next thursday release doesnt give us any problems (it really should not but who knows anymore right)

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    do not know why they do not have a wait list so you automatically go into a line for possible returns or cancelled orders etc. would apply only to those that had the orders cancelled through no fault of their own

My experience is that its NOT their fault The fault is with either you or the bank. They claim no responsibility.....even when they can't cite a reason for the cancellation. The people that answer the phone don't know, and the ones that know, don't answer the phone. A letter only invites a generic form-letter respone.

(l8-)>>

When I have called what they told me panned out. Not saying everybody lies experience is the same but mine has been positive. They have even called me back when the wait time was too long

@morgansforever said:

I believe, no signature required, and they are "required" to leave package if no answer (that's why they dump it on the porch).

(l8-)>>

@92vette said:

I believe so, except to PO Boxes, UPS wont deliver there.

(l8-)>>

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

This isn't true. Maybe if you check out?

I had one in two different carts and added coins to it and they were both there, available and unavailable. But I had to drop the unavailable one to check out.

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:

This isn't true. Maybe if you check out?

I had one in two different carts and added coins to it and they were both there, available and unavailable. But I had to drop the unavailable one to check out.

I had a V75 gold in the bag last Sunday. I added an Innovation set. The V75 gold was bumped out.

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

@edgar said:

@92vette said:

UPS wil deliver to a PO Box, the Post Office gives you their physical address and just add your PO Box number.
    Just picked one up from there that was delivered yesterday. Don't add P.O. just the number of the box.

Sample:
    John A. Collector
    999 Gold Eagle Dr. #75
    Silver Eagle Creek, AU 99999

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

@edgar said:

@92vette said:

UPS wil deliver to a PO Box, the Post Office gives you their physical address and just add your PO Box number.
    Just picked one up from there that was delivered yesterday. Don't add P.O. just the number of the box.

Sample:
    John A. Collector
    999 Gold Eagle Dr. #75

If people were having orders cancelled because billing and shipping address don’t match this seems risky. No?

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020 12:33PM

@Dollar2007 said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@edgar said:

@92vette said:

Sample:
    John A. Collector
    999 Gold Eagle Dr. #75

If people were having orders cancelled because billing and shipping address don’t match this seems risky. No?

Not at all, CC used has USPS address and box number as its billing/mailing address.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3

@SONOMOSCA said:

Not at all, CC used has USPS address and box number as its billing/mailing address.

Oh ok. That makes sense.

Well they have the 2019 reverse proof palladium still for sale. I do not collect these. Still a nice coin but not at that price.

Ya know what chaps my ass ? No matter how much profit someone is offering ( someone honorable and will honor a price no matter what) are those that have to ask for a little more.

• Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020 1:55PM

@JimTyler said:
    Ya know what chaps my ass ? No matter how much profit someone is offering ( someone honorable and will honor a price no matter what) are those that have to ask for a little more.

Given how the economy is I understand trying to squeeze a little extra $$ for the pocket. For the already incredible return on investment, I’d prefer to leave a little on the table for the next guy or sell to a reputable buyer for a little less as IMO there is less chance of problems.

• 3stars3stars Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. You can pretty much guarantee it won’t be returned if the buyer makes a profit as well.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2

Question for you guys. I am away right now and I requested my mail to be held but it unfortunately looks like Usps is going to deliver my silver coin today anyway. It will sit in an outside locked mailbox for a day or two. Do you think the cold could be bad for it, condensation etc? Or it probably gets colder or as cold in the shipment process that I shouldn’t worry about it?

Thanks.

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Mrbarlint said:
    I'm very happy to have finally received my ASE today after purchasing on day one. No intention of flipping!

I too received my ASE today after purchasing on 11/6.
    I would like to pair it with the AGE. Hopefully? Maybe?
    I would then send them both to our host.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file