Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ECHOES said:

@Goldminers said:

NICE!

I have commented 3 times on this post but have gotten it wrong as to who listed it
    please add the silvers as a "memorable" post

Kennedys are my quest...

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2020 5:50PM

@WAYNEAS said:

@ECHOES said:

@Goldminers said:

NICE!

I have commented 3 times on this post but have gotten it wrong as to who listed it

I posted this picture of 3 WW2 coins, but I did not get the 2020 medal silver to go with it as they sold out except on eBay and I was afraid to put it in my cart before the gold. But yes, all 4 together would be a good idea. Thanks.

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:

@ECHOES said:

@Goldminers said:

NICE!

I'm still trying for the two Silver issues untill sold-out.
    I was locked-out, booted-off both first day of sale.

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@Raufus said:
    It seems to inconsistent.

My silver is on the way. Tracking updates from the USPS. They seem to be scanning it at every stop. It's due Monday.

Another member said that UPS simply dropped their gold off w/no signature asked for.

No bueno, especially with a package of this value.

I am not questioning your account, but that is not how it is supposed to happen.

"In the interest of employee and customer safety, UPS’s Signature Required guidelines are temporarily being adjusted such that consignees will no longer need to sign for UPS Signature Required deliveries. Despite this adjusted process the driver will still need to make contact with the consignee. The consignee must, at the time of delivery, acknowledge that UPS is making a delivery and, if applicable, show government issued photo ID."

Source: Do I still need to sign for my package? @ https://www.ups.com/us/en/about/news/important-updates.page

I had UPS drop off a fully automatic rifle at my door a few years ago. They just left it there. That they didn't get signatures on the other forum members gold does not surprise me unfortunately.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    I had UPS drop off a fully automatic rifle at my door a few years ago. They just left it there. That they didn't get signatures on the other forum members gold does not surprise me unfortunately.

@Goldminers said:
    My driver quickly put my package on the front porch, and when I went to get it (because my alarms on the driveway and front porch both went off on my phone, computer, and house), he saw me pick it up and waved to acknowledge my "signature" as he got into the truck and left. This is 2020 after all.

Never realized that this was such a prevalent issue. I am amazed that more packages do not go MIA.

• WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

does not surprise me unfortunately.

and tonight's delivery of turkey tips was also left on the front porch without confirming delivery
    only after phoning the restaurant did they tell us to look on the porch
    what the hell, guns, food delivered without notification, we are in the S*** lol
    I would have rather had your delivery issue, lol

Kennedys are my quest...

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2020 7:31PM

Question...why did they produce a $25 gold coin...which is quite a nice design,,,but only a silver MEDAL?

Why didn't they just monetize the silver version as well?

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    Question...why did they produce a $25 gold coin...which is quite a nice design,,,but only a silver MEDAL?

Why didn't they just monetize the silver version as well?

To monetize it would have required approval from the U.S. Congress. One ounce of silver might not have been considered for such an act. ASE are, of course, already approved.

• OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

I've never tested this theory, but does the Mint determine the same IP address to be the same household?

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OKCC said:
    I've never tested this theory, but does the Mint determine the same IP address to be the same household?

yes

• fox9487fox9487 Posts: 296 ✭✭✭

@OKCC said:

NO

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

Maybe they knew what they were delivering and wanted to get the hell out of there 😂

• olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 740 ✭✭✭✭

I have a feeling these coins will sell out by Monday at the latest at the rate the US mint is making them available.

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

zero

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020 5:35AM

Nothin today (Or yet...)

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

Nada...

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• ckeusackeusa Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

Was available for a split second at 7:45am. No dice for me...again.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tried checking out and gone

Many happy BST transactions
    edited November 14, 2020 5:47AM

Split second at 7:45 today, got to checkout and then got banned from the site...again. If it's the last 22 for the gold, definitely a sellout today or tomorrow.

• eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Didn't see AGE go available but the silver medal was up for me for a second. Got it to the cart and then gone...

645 CT, SWEAR IT WAS 10 SECONDS...
    Not fast enough...

• 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

didnt see gold come up at 745, only silver for a few seconds

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was able to got a gold medal.

Available at 6:45CST for a fraction of a second.

Collector

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

What came up at 7:45? Nothing came up for me. :(

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Didn’t even show as available on my screen at 7:45🤷🏻‍♂️

My page didn’t update until about 0745 and 15 seconds.

• ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020 5:50AM

I could tell something was going on because the refresh took about 10-15 seconds longer than the past 15 minutes. When it finally reloaded, nothing was available. Never had the “add to bag” option pop.

Must be a ton of activity at that time. 730 was quiet based on the refreshing. The bots are watching this forum....

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.

@CoinMeister said:
    What came up at 7:45? Nothing came up for me. :(

I saw the AGE show up for a fraction of a second.

Collector

The “your order is processing” screen spun for what seemed eternity.

I guess I was lucky!

Did anyone see the AGE V75 come up? I did see the screen freeze then nothing.

My screen did not even blink

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CoinMeister said:

Same here and same the past few days. Was there at the right time, but just a freeze. No changes in availability

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.
  • ckeusackeusa Posts: 52 ✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

I guess I was lucky!

Did you wind up getting one? I also was processing for a few seconds for the AGE, but the order didn't go through and it kicked me back to the check-out page. I've now gotten to this stage multiple times, and each time, I swear I'm gonna get a heart attack! I can't take much more of this!

edited November 14, 2020 5:54AM

@CoinMeister said:

Yes, I went to checkout and then got banned. I can never actually place an order for the gold. With 22 left, I doubt it will actually be available for much longer. Might as well give up.

edited November 14, 2020 5:55AM

@CoinMeister said:

All I want and what was watching is the AGE. It was available for a split second but when I tried to check out, it took a bit longer to load. No dice though.

Collector

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2020 5:55AM

had age in my cart from days past and never saw it become avail, steady refreshing since 629

So we thinking that is it for the day?

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is a Sunday sales drop even a thing.

@Mgarmy said:
    So we thinking that is it for the day?

Probably. But I'm gonna keep going checking periodically through out the day.

Collector

Copy. Good luck bro

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a gold this morning - not the AGE. I checked one out and then tried to snag another one and it wouldn't let me check out though it stayed available for 10 minutes.

edited November 14, 2020 5:59AM

@ckeusa said:

@jessewvu said:

I guess I was lucky!

Did you wind up getting one? I also was processing for a few seconds for the AGE, but the order didn't go through and it kicked me back to the check-out page. I've now gotten to this stage multiple times, and each time, I swear I'm gonna get a heart attack! I can't take much more of this!

I was able to get an order in for the End of World War II 75th Anniversary 24-Karat Gold Coin. the page didn't load for me for until about 15 seconds in. I usually wait 5 seconds after https://time.is/ shows the time change over to whatever time i'm targeting. That may help some of you if you have a lengthy time delay.

I guess they are only putting one or two available per day now. My screen never changed. I may actually miss out on this one. But until it is sold out, there is a chance - even if those chances are fading.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file