Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭

@Rooster1 said:

@cheezhed said:

@eCoinquest said:
    Has anyone had luck with leaving a coin in the cart with all fields completed and just click "place order" when it goes live again?

I refreshed first in cart then place order just had to click the box agreeing to terms.

That is weird because every time I refresh The credit card info disappears and I have to put the info in again. How do you get it to where you just have to click the agree box?

I believe if you use PayPal it takes you directly to order page.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure hope you guys are right.

I was incredibly thankfully able to order a V75 AGE on Thursday after trying very hard for a week. Still shows processing. I've called the Mint, PayPal and my CC several times to be sure that all is OK. The funds are authorized by my CC and PP. The Mint says that beyond being sure that the funds are authorized upon purchase they don't hit the CC until it's time to ship. That's when, if something will come up it does. I get the impression that those answering the phones are working remotely hence they don't take phone orders. I'd think that this is why even if there is a CC issue and they email you instead of cancelling outright there is not much that they can do. As note, just praying for that shipping notice.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

Raufus - I was worried about the shipment of my Gold V75 as well. Ordered last Sat morning. Confirmed. PAYPAL. The coin sat processing until miraculously late yesterday afternoon it shipped.
    Budget ship - UPS Adult Signature.
    Yours will ship too - it may take another few days-----it was a little weird that it seemed alot of UPS orders went out the door Friday evening....

• Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

I was incredibly thankfully able to order a V75 AGE on Thursday after trying very hard for a week. Still shows processing. I've called the Mint, PayPal and my CC several times to be sure that all is OK. The funds are authorized by my CC and PP. The Mint says that beyond being sure that the funds are authorized upon purchase they don't hit the CC until it's time to ship. That's when, if something will come up it does. I get the impression that those answering the phones are working remotely hence they don't take phone orders. I'd think that this is why even if there is a CC issue and they email you instead of cancelling outright there is not much that they can do. As note, just praying for that shipping notice.

I think you are good I got one Monday and it shipped Thursday next day air but missed the cut off. Now sitting at UPS all weekend and should be here tomorrow.

My credit card declined the purchase but luckily I bought it with PayPal and PayPal approved the purchase and switched it to my bank account. Then when they shipped PayPal charged my credit card again and it was accepted this time by my bank. I was super nervous with the decline and didn’t realize initially that PayPal charged my checking account as a backup and thought I missed out on it entirely. I now hate my bank and love PayPal haha. I think PayPal is a good safety net the way they do backup payments if you have other accounts in your PayPal wallet.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly you can set up back up payment sources with paypal.

Many happy BST transactions

@jmski52 said:
    Congrats, cheesehed. If you had it in your cart and then had to refresh, did you also have to re-enter your contact phone number or can the order go through with that field left blank?

I had phone prefilled before refresh (showed in saved address) and never asked again for it. Just had to check agree box and placed order.

@Raufus said:
    Sorry for a third post but was thinking that the scary thing for us w orders processing is that every V75 AGE that folks have been able to score as of late was one that someone else had a confirmed order for. Man, just want to get that shipped email SO bad.

Do we actually know that for a fact though? I don't agree with some of the cancellations I'm hearing but some are I'm sure legitimate card issues, etc.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many are left?

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:
    How many are left?

Unsure. Under 20 probably

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

I'm still after the silver eagle v75. I have had one in my bag for a few days with no luck getting through processing. When I refresh in checkout it goes back to having to input credit card info again.. I'm going to try my PayPal account and test that theory if it indeed lets you refresh and simply push the place order button without throwing you back a couple of squares. see you all tomorrow morning!

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    I'm still after the silver eagle v75. I have had one in my bag for a few days with no luck getting through processing. When I refresh in checkout it goes back to having to input credit card info again.. I'm going to try my PayPal account and test that theory if it indeed lets you refresh and simply push the place order button without throwing you back a couple of squares. see you all tomorrow morning!

Do PayPal.

@cheezhed said:

@Raufus said:
    Sorry for a third post but was thinking that the scary thing for us w orders processing is that every V75 AGE that folks have been able to score as of late was one that someone else had a confirmed order for. Man, just want to get that shipped email SO bad.

Do we actually know that for a fact though? I don't agree with some of the cancellations I'm hearing but some are I'm sure legitimate card issues, etc.

Sorry, I many well have not been technically correct. It's very likely that some of the ones that we've scored after the initial sales date were indeed CC issues.

@Dollar2007 said:

@Raufus said:

I think you are good I got one Monday and it shipped Thursday next day air but missed the cut off. Now sitting at UPS all weekend and should be here tomorrow.

My credit card declined the purchase but luckily I bought it with PayPal and PayPal approved the purchase and switched it to my bank account. Then when they shipped PayPal charged my credit card again and it was accepted this time by my bank. I was super nervous with the decline and didn’t realize initially that PayPal charged my checking account as a backup and thought I missed out on it entirely. I now hate my bank and love PayPal haha. I think PayPal is a good safety net the way they do backup payments if you have other accounts in your PayPal wallet.

Thanks to you and others for the encouraging words. Sure hope it ships Tuesday!!! The waiting is driving me nuts.

I indeed have several back up funding sources on my PP acct. There are things that I don't like about PP but for the Mint it's the bomb.

@Raufus said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Do PayPal.

Does PayPal really go faster? I was able to the the ERP with a credit card....

Collector

They cancelled my silver medal from first day of sales. I had no issues with CC, billing, shipping etc. They cancelled because I was toward the end of sales. When they run out of inventory they just cancel your order. My guess more become available and they go back on sale.

@pf70collector said:
    They cancelled my silver medal from first day of sales. I had no issues with CC, billing, shipping etc. They cancelled because I was toward the end of sales. When they run out of inventory they just cancel your order. My guess more become available and they go back on sale.

That's exactly the type of cancellation I think is wrong.

• 92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Based on order number a friend has a privy ASE that had to be one of the very last 11/5 orders. Still processing. Another privy ASE order barely 1200 in front of it shipped Friday.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

We all tried hard, you were luckier than the rest of us, good for you.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Raufus said:
    Not only that, if u have one in your bag and so much as add something else the unavailable one drops out!! Beware of this.

This isn't true. Maybe if you check out?

I had one in two different carts and added coins to it and they were both there, available and unavailable. But I had to drop the unavailable one to check out.

I had a V75 gold in the bag last Sunday. I added an Innovation set. The V75 gold was bumped out.

That's odd. I've done it twice and the coin in the cart was not removed and is still there.

Nothin at 6:30 CST

Collector

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

nada...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck

nothing this morning?

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Zip

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 5:40AM

so, the question for you all with coins in your cart; do you empty your cart for the mayflower coins coming out tomorrow?

yeah, gonna empty my cart when I get one of the v75 privy silver eagles or they go "sold out"

@jessewvu said:
    so, the question for you all with coins in your cart; do you empty your cart for the mayflower coins coming out tomorrow?

Your gonna have to in order to check out.

Collector

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@jessewvu said:

No interest.

Site crashed for me

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

kept getting bad gatewayd - frustrating, almost had it again

had the AGW privy in bag but got rate limited after site crashed :(

• matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same - booted out while processing transaction.

• MrbarlintMrbarlint Posts: 37 ✭✭✭

ugh!!! crashed at "confirm order."

• jerseyralphjerseyralph Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

This is the first time I tried to pay for my silver V75 coin and I got a Bad Gateway Error. What else can happen?

Only time will tell whether platinum is king.
  • Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got to processing and it hung on AGE

Was available. I placed order 4-5 times and hit with error 404 or bad gateway error

Collector

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

I thought I had it. Then got bad Gateway error/site crashed. :s

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • .Same, hung and crashed at confirm order for AGE v75.

• Got "Order Processing" only to get new errors today - "Bad Gateway" and "URL not found".

• ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got gold in the bag finally. Crashed when I clicked final review. "Bad Gateway"

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.
  • ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here, Bad Gateway Error

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • donzmedonzme Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

Ditto.

also booted after "please wait while order processed" ..thought for a second I made it through..

@Jeffth5 said:
    Got "Order Processing" only to get new errors today - "Bad Gateway" and "URL not found".

I got that error on release day as well.

It was available for at least 30 seconds. Hopefully someone here got lucky!

• Danno44Danno44 Posts: 173 ✭✭✭

Site stuck on this ...

• I was able to add AGE to cart but crashed on confirmation.

The impossible just takes longer.

Crashed. Got a stupid download. The gold age was up for several minutes. Maybe the last few.

• RichRRichR Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the crashes...not really sure they were truly "available" for the entire time, however.

edited November 16, 2020 6:06AM

I had another account and got the gold age in the bag after a minute after my other account crashed. Unless the bottleneck did not allow anyone to confirm. Who knows 1 or 2 or more were available,

Did it let you check out?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file