Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

I cancelled my ASE V75 after it was confirmed.

• Options
    pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DCW said:
    My silver from Day 1 is still languishing in the "processing" stage.

I think I'm about done playing the Mint's games on this issue. I didn't even check this morning. I'm over it. Still hoping the coin I ordered, the ASE that I paid for on Day 1, ships. Other than that, I'm moving on...

Good luck to all of you!

>

Right there with you, @DCW.

If our Day One shipments get cancelled due to lack of inventory when the ASE's have been released most mornings since November 5th, I will be fit to be tied.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

I called about my silver order from day 1 and I couldn't get through, phone lines are busy.... :s

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:

You cancelled it or they did?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@Bullsitter said:
    I called about my silver order from day 1 and I couldn't get through, phone lines are busy.... :s

>

I got through fairly quickly (< five minutes) and was assured there were no issues with my CC number or order. You can believe I took names, notes and numbers during that call.

• Options

Have you folks with orders still processing from day 1 called to ask what's going on. Makes no sense.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Mint told me that my feet smelled and that my mother dressed me funny...and closed my account!

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    The Mint told me that my feet smelled and that my mother dressed me funny...and closed my account!

That is so unkind, but you should be able to dress yourself by now.

• Options
    OrlenaOrlena Posts: 300 ✭✭✭

My ASE V75 (0830) from day 1 showed up Saturday, beautiful and flawless. I think the flurry of big releases just overwhelmed their current shipping capabilities. Nice coin worth the wait

• Options

@Raufus said:

@JeffM said:

I did. Just after it was confirmed.

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

I guess we dont have a forum member that got a GOLD v75 today?

• Options
    edited November 16, 2020 12:27PM

The Mint probably uploaded a new program this morning to deal with bots and loyal customers tomorrow. Today was a trial run, and it still could use some improvement. Good luck tomorrow getting anything.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:
    I guess we dont have a forum member that got a GOLD v75 today?

Dent believe so.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

@JeffM said:

@Raufus said:

@JeffM said:

I did. Just after it was confirmed.

Why would you cancel?

• Options

For the IT folks please forgive the stupid question. How exactly do bots work? Do they jam up a system so only they can use it? Do they somehow find a way to order in a faster way than a human could? Thanks so much for any info.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    For the IT folks please forgive the stupid question. How exactly do bots work? Do they jam up a system so only they can use it? Do they somehow find a way to order in a faster way than a human could? Thanks so much for any info.

My understanding is it is a program that is designed to look for and select the item and then auto fill all information flawlessly through checkout. Removing all human entry, errors and slowness. Capable of working and refreshing on it's own. I would be interested in a more in-depth understanding how they do that.

• Options

just received the shipping email for the silver coin order i placed on the first day. don't give up on your orders just yet.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:

You showed them! :D

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would there be a market for any of these T-Shirt ideas?
    "Bot from the Mint"
    "Banned, Blocked, & Cancelled"
    "Remind Me Again"
    "Step Away From the Coin"
    "It's in the Bag!"
    "Processing...Do Not Refresh"

• Options
    treybenedicttreybenedict Posts: 373 ✭✭✭

First PCGS 70 Gold on eBay...
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/373343817012
    How high will it go??

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 2:01PM

@ChinaSilverandGoldCoins said:
    How high will it go??

$25,000+

• Options
    donzmedonzme Posts: 161 ✭✭✭

For those who are still waiting for their ASE V75, mint order 840xxxx just shipped.

• Options

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

My understanding is it is a program that is designed to look for and select the item and then auto fill all information flawlessly through checkout. Removing all human entry, errors and slowness. Capable of working and refreshing on it's own. I would be interested in a more in-depth understanding how they do that.

Yes, and it can fill in the entire form and purchase the coin quicker than a human could just check the agree box and hit the purchase button. Humans have very little chance.

• Options

How high will it go??

It's good to b first.

• Options

@JeffM said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

Yes, and it can fill in the entire form and purchase the coin quicker than a human could just check the agree box and hit the purchase button. Humans have very little chance.

Thanks for the info guys. Apparently they can't pick out cars and motorcycles. If only the Mint could do away with the banning garbage for simply refreshing when their site predictably crashes.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    And that fast the status of my AGE V75 AGE just changed to shipped. What a relief. Not in the UPS tracking system yet. Would be awesome to have it tomorrow.

Very happy for you Ron.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@Bullsitter said:

How high will it go??

$25,000+

For one brief, shining moment I was the high bidder....had to put up my first born before ebay allowed me to bid.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

Bots 101, compliments of our friends at CloudFlare: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/bots/what-is-a-bot/

• Options

@MetroD said:

@Raufus said:

Bots 101, compliments of our friends at CloudFlare: https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/bots/what-is-a-bot/

As much as they were a disaster locking us out thats an awesome educational link.

• Options
    valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    And that fast the status of my AGE V75 AGE just changed to shipped. What a relief. Not in the UPS tracking system yet. Would be awesome to have it tomorrow.

Mine from Thursday marked as shipped now too. Sweet!

• Options
    edited November 16, 2020 4:21PM

@valente151 said:

@Raufus said:

When u track it is it moving?

I got the shipped email at 12:23 EST. When I track it it still says awaiting UPS pick up despite that I paid for next day.

What time did yours go to shipped? Obviously we ordered w in seconds of each other. I want to see it moving.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it shows shipped you are golden. Excuse the pun.

• Options

@VanHalen said:
    If it shows shipped you are golden. Excuse the pun.

Thank u.

Just paranoid w shipped email at 12:23 yet still not picked up by UPS.

• Options
    edited November 16, 2020 6:06PM

And the AGE privy NGC PF70 on eBay just sold for $16,100.

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 6:50PM

I'm hoping for a proof 70 ... is that too much to ask?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Was available. I placed order 4-5 times and hit with error 404 or bad gateway error

Yeah, me too.

It's not fun anymore. LOL

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@CoinMeister said:
    Follow me on this one:
    So obviously the mint site crashed today. There are several of us here still trying and others not on here (non forum members) trying.
    Now fast forward to tomorrow when the Mayflower coins go on sale. There will be major problems with the server (again). Those will then go unavailable and add even more people on here in the early morning. Then the coin on Thursday. That will be another crash for the mint server and even more people here in the morning. See the trend?

Will the mayflower commemorative be that popular that the site would crash?

Honestly, how many people could have been there at 7:45 this morning. I mean, it's one thing when there are 100,000 people trying to check out. But could there have been more than a couple hundred or a thousand people today? They have serious bandwidth problems. Smh...

• Options

@Raufus said:
    V75 AGE just went in transit. Arrival by 10:30 am. SWEEEEET! SO glad I did the overnight shipping 😀😀😀😃

Its not like after the HUGE amount of time and effort that I've put into this AGE that I'm paranoid or anything...

i do the same thing when expecting a delivery! lol

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus Very excited for you. Can’t wait to see the coin. Congrats again!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    V75 AGE just went in transit. Arrival by 10:30 am. SWEEEEET! SO glad I did the overnight shipping 😀😀😀😃

Its not like after the HUGE amount of time and effort that I've put into this AGE that I'm paranoid or anything...

We sure as heck better get some pics tomorrow!! :)

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@valente151 said:

@Raufus said:

I got the shipped email at 12:23 EST. When I track it it still says awaiting UPS pick up despite that I paid for next day.

What time did yours go to shipped? Obviously we ordered w in seconds of each other. I want to see it moving.

when you receive a shipped notice with a tracking number it just means a label was printed. I can be one or two days later before it is sent to the carrier or is picked up by the carrier and shows accepted and begins to move. also for USPS shipments when it get to your post office it can sit there for one to three days just showing in transit to the next location.
    When they are ready to open and sort the container then it shows as arrived when all the time it was just sitting there in the shipping container. no steadfast rules these day just when they get A-Round-Tuit you will get it.

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know the current number released of the AGE and ASE? Seems that someone had a better source or more up to date info than the mint site which shows 1829 and 74242 back on the 8th.

• Options

@Kliao said:
    @Raufus Very excited for you. Can’t wait to see the coin. Congrats again!

Thank u so much!!

I'll hopefully be posting pics tomorrow😀

• Options

@HATTRICK said:

@Raufus said:

@valente151 said:

@Raufus said:

when you receive a shipped notice with a tracking number it just means a label was printed. I can be one or two days later before it is sent to the carrier or is picked up by the carrier and shows accepted and begins to move. also for USPS shipments when it get to your post office it can sit there for one to three days just showing in transit to the next location.
    When they are ready to open and sort the container then it shows as arrived when all the time it was just sitting there in the shipping container. no steadfast rules these day just when they get A-Round-Tuit you will get it.

Great info. Thanks! All the more glad that I spent the extra money for overnight.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file