Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did it let you check out?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    ProofmorganProofmorgan Posts: 727 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based on the time available vs the last week, maybe this was the final push.

Collector of Original Early Gold with beginnings in Proof Morgan collecting.
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here....stuck on processing like the rest of you. Looks like we all made it to the final gate just to get stuck trying to squeeze through. At least I have one in the bag again.

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was also getting the same "processing" page for the other gold gold...so nothing was working.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

Did not pass checkout on either account.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought today was my day :'(

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

Follow me on this one:
    So obviously the mint site crashed today. There are several of us here still trying and others not on here (non forum members) trying.
    Now fast forward to tomorrow when the Mayflower coins go on sale. There will be major problems with the server (again). Those will then go unavailable and add even more people on here in the early morning. Then the coin on Thursday. That will be another crash for the mint server and even more people here in the morning. See the trend?

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options

@CoinMeister said:
    Follow me on this one:
    So obviously the mint site crashed today. There are several of us here still trying and others not on here (non forum members) trying.
    Now fast forward to tomorrow when the Mayflower coins go on sale. There will be major problems with the server (again). Those will then go unavailable and add even more people on here in the early morning. Then the coin on Thursday. That will be another crash for the mint server and even more people here in the morning. See the trend?

Will the mayflower commemorative be that popular that the site would crash?

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@CoinMeister said:

its possible - royal mint putting their handful of versions of the partnership available at 1300 GMT, 2 hrs prior to us mint - when uk customers can't get these, they'll have another opportunity in 2 hrs time - all to say, there are the conditions for heavy demand, but it remains to be seen if it will come to pass - im going for the silvers - they release 1000 est, so plenty of time [if any remain] to give the age 75 another go

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was looking at the 2020-W burnished eagle with a limit of 7000. Last year's mintage was 10,000. I am not seeing much price value in the PCGS price guide on these, some premium for the low mintage 2017-W. Not seeing this as one to chase either at the issue price. Anyone with actual experience with these?

• Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:

@CoinMeister said:
    Follow me on this one:

Even with the folks this morning, the site crashed. It looks like lately, it doesn’t take much. Now I could be wrong about the popularity of the Mayflower coins (or the lack thereof). But I’m not feeling good about the morning drops anymore.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:
    I was looking at the 2020-W burnished eagle with a limit of 7000. Last year's mintage was 10,000. I am not seeing much price value in the PCGS price guide on these, some premium for the low mintage 2017-W. Not seeing this as one to chase either at the issue price. Anyone with actual experience with these?

My feeling, the V75 Privy wrecked the low mintage mojo of the Unc W 1 oz AGE series.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:

@Kliao said:

@CoinMeister said:
    Follow me on this one:

I don't see the Mayflower coin as something I will be chasing... can't speak for others.

Absolutely no interest whatsoever.

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did anyone get an actual confirmed order on any of the hot items this morning?

• Options

This was definitely up for longer than any of the previous 4 days. It feels like this was the last big restock.

Also, on a side note, has anyone else's silver coin (ordered on the first day) not shipped yet? I'm a bit concerned that my order is gonna be cancelled for sure.

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

nothing reported here. I had mine "please wait processing" got booted, refreshed and got to "please wait processing" again booted and that was it. It was exciting for about 30 seconds.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sj5150 said:
    This was definitely up for longer than any of the previous 4 days. It feels like this was the last big restock.

Also, on a side note, has anyone else's silver coin (ordered on the first day) not shipped yet? I'm a bit concerned that my order is gonna be cancelled for sure.

Mine says shipped. But it is waiting for pickup. It switched from Processing to Shipped on Friday I think.

• Options

@sj5150 said:

Mine has not

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭✭✭

My silver from Day 1 is still languishing in the "processing" stage.

I think I'm about done playing the Mint's games on this issue. I didn't even check this morning. I'm over it. Still hoping the coin I ordered, the ASE that I paid for on Day 1, ships. Other than that, I'm moving on...

Good luck to all of you!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options

@DCW said:
    My silver from Day 1 is still languishing in the "processing" stage.

I think I'm about done playing the Mint's games on this issue. I didn't even check this morning. I'm over it. Still hoping the coin I ordered, the ASE that I paid for on Day 1, ships. Other than that, I'm moving on...

Good luck to all of you!

One of the wise ones! I stopped playing the Mint's games on day 1 when I was denied access, banned, and treated like a criminal for wanting to spend a lot of money on their coins. I am no longer fighting with them because I have realized that I need to work for a living and can't spend my time playing their games instead of working. Good luck to all!

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the US coins in the Mayflower set going to be classified as modern US commemoratives in the PCGS Registry, or not? That will determine a lot of the demand, or lack of it, other than the British connection..

There is absolutely nothing special about the 2020 burnished gold eagle, except it is the last with the type 1 reverse. People who think these are rare and rush to get them for a flip, will not find many buyers. It is expensive for bullion.

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,693 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who used cc and who used PayPal today?

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@cheezhed said:
    Who used cc and who used PayPal today?

There is a gift certificate option for payment as well ;)

• Options

[Who used cc and who used PayPal today?]

Tried both...and both hung up.

• Options

I just tried CC.

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    [Who used cc and who used PayPal today?]

Tried both...and both hung up.

Same here

• Options

[There is a gift certificate option for payment as well]

THAT'S IT!!! THAT MUST BE THE GOLDEN TICKET!!!

• Options
    MrSmithMrSmith Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 9:11AM

@Batman23 said:

(19EH) 2019-W mintage limit was 10,000 but sales were only 5,851 (per coin update 11/8). Guessing the (20EH) 7,000 mintage limit is just a dialing down to match demand. Not sure of upside either even though it's the last year of current style.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

anyone know if using incognito mode raises/lowers chances of getting rate limited, banned, etc?

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    [There is a gift certificate option for payment as well]

THAT'S IT!!! THAT MUST BE THE GOLDEN TICKET!!!

Never even thought about that one. When doing it is the gift cert already loaded or do you have to enter anything?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2020 10:11AM

I was rate limited on Day 1 across multiple platform, both in incognito mode and not.

And that new BS this morning was also across multiple platforms and devices.

• Options

If I get blocked on one device, I get blocked on all my devices using the same internet. I think they track and block your internet IP not just a single device.

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:
    Are the US coins in the Mayflower set going to be classified as modern US commemoratives in the PCGS Registry, or not? That will determine a lot of the demand, or lack of it, other than the British connection..

There is absolutely nothing special about the 2020 burnished gold eagle, except it is the last with the type 1 reverse. People who think these are rare and rush to get them for a flip, will not find many buyers. It is expensive for bullion.

The silver will definitely not be in the modern US commemorative registry as it is a medal and not a coin.
    The gold who knows---There has been little rhyme or reason to the registry set lately.

• Options

Now my V75 AGE from last Thursday has a UPS tracking number but still says processing and my PayPal acct still says authorized (not paid). Has anyone seen this? The Mint rep said it shipped but the USP tracking number is not in the system.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:
    UPS wil deliver to a PO Box, the Post Office gives you their physical address and just add your PO Box number.
    Just picked one up from there that was delivered yesterday. Don't add P.O. just the number of the box.

Corrected! Thanks that is nice to know (now I may use that option)

(l8-)>>

• Options

@Raufus said:
    Now my V75 AGE from last Thursday has a UPS tracking number but still says processing and my PayPal acct still says authorized (not paid). Has anyone seen this? The Mint rep said it shipped but the USP tracking number is not in the system.

If you got a tracking number I would think you should be fine. That should mean that the coin was shipped and is now awaiting to be scanned by UPS. Congrats!!

• Options

@Raufus said:

Think positive. Mine was just like that and it arrived on the porch anyway without any additional notice.

• Options

Thanks so much to both of u. I paid for Next Day.

What struck me as odd is that the PayPal still just says authorized. Ill check w my CC.

• Options

Looks like it was day 1 all over again, definitely had to have bots today from what everyone is describing, previously we just had to fight the 10-30 second window but now with freezing and booting back to previous screens oh yea its the invasion of the bots again. i feel like ranting again LOL but i wont :D

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,806 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

Teach the mint a lesson for all this grief and send it back when it arrives....that'll teach 'em.

• Options

If you think it was bad today, just wait till tomorrow.

• Options

@Raufus said:
    And that fast the status of my AGE V75 AGE just changed to shipped. What a relief. Not in the UPS tracking system yet. Would be awesome to have it tomorrow.

Yay! It’ll depend on when UPS will actually receive the package. It is possible. That means it’ll arrive for sure on Wednesday. 🎉

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    If you think it was bad today, just wait till tomorrow.

Good luck!!! Hope you enjoy the battle!

• Options

@Goldminers said:

@Raufus said:

@Onastone said:

@Raufus said:

Teach the mint a lesson for all this grief and send it back when it arrives....that'll teach 'em.

Thought about it but don't want to be mean. I'll take one for the team and keep it.

I returned mine, because it had a privy mark on it.

Oh is that what it is? I thought it was a gash from being dropped and the mint’s poor quality control overlooked it. :D:D

• Options

I was so fed up my day one order didn’t ship I told them to keep it!!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file