Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

blank city

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

nada...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

This is like a Black Friday sale. Everyone gets up early to get in line for a very limited supply. Only we don’t know what time the store opens! :D

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."
  • Options
    edited November 12, 2020 5:46AM

I find this hilarious, a few of us will sit here all day refreshing the USM Site.
    I for one will keep trying for the 2 silver issues until sold-out...

• Options

@ECHOES Hilarious, crazy, pethedic, strange, all of the above. Yep. That’s us!

• Options

The charge for my silver coin dropped from my CC. Does this mean the order will definitely be cancelled? Or has anyone else had the coin charge drop and then added again when they finally ship?

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is like "No soup for you" guy on Seinfeld...

But I've done everything right...

"NO COINS FOR YOU!"

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2020 6:03AM

Ditto here...received shipping notification for a silver coin ordered on Day 2.

Why do I think they lost control of their inventory count of silver stock remaining vs. orders accepted sometime after that point?

With people now having their legit orders retroactively cancelled...I'm really starting to think that somebody screwed the pooch big time!

Has anyone actually got a shipping confirm for a silver ordered AFTER Day 2?

• Options

what really makes me laugh is that damn remind me button that we all have to constantly stare at. Oh the irony if only that blue button would let us know.

Yea right

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2020 6:05AM

My silver shipped yesterday. Ordered on second day, Nov. 6.
    CC info impeccable. Same shipping and billing address.

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sj5150 said:
    The charge for my silver coin dropped from my CC. Does this mean the order will definitely be cancelled? Or has anyone else had the coin charge drop and then added again when they finally ship?

Not necessarily.

CC companies "drop" pending charges that did not post after a certain amount of time. With my cc company, it is ~ 5 days. So, the charge could have dropped due to the passage of time (i.e., delayed shipping).

To investigate further, check order status online 'and/or' call the Mint.

• Options

@MetroD said:

@sj5150 said:

Not necessarily.

CC companies "drop" pending charges that did not post after a certain amount of time. With my cc company, it is ~ 5 days. So, the charge could have dropped due to the passage of time (i.e., delayed shipping).

To investigate further, check order status online 'and/or' call the Mint.

Ok thats what I thought. Thank you for confirming that.

• Options

I also received a shipping notice last night on the ASE V75 ordered on day two. The charge on my cc disappeared. I’m not worried. It probably just timed out after 5 days. I’ve yet to receive a free coin from the mint.

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

mbogoman must have had next day shipping - correct?

• Options

I have a GOLD V75 from Sat hasnt shipped yet - but normal shipping speed (free-bee method)

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coiner said:
    mbogoman must have had next day shipping - correct?

I believe they expedite it automatically for expensive items. I didn't bother with selecting a different shipping method - that's another click - and I wanted my order to get past the confirmation as quickly as possible...

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

In the time between ordering a gold v75 monday and yesterday, my CC number changed. The account is the same of course and the charges are pending on my old card number, but it has me nervous. The CC representative assured me the charge was approved, we will see!

• Options

It flipped

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Available for a split second at 7:30 CST

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

So close. Had it processing. Then Nadda.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

got it in cart, but instantly unavailable-_-...

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

Ok the gold was up. Was in processing and kicked out. So close.

• Options

damn!!!!!!!!! so close couldnt do it either damnn

• Options
    jshaulisjshaulis Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭

Still had the gold in my cart from last week - struck out again :(

Successful transactions with forum members commoncents05, dmarks, Coinscratch, Bullsitter, DCW, TwoSides2aCoin, Namvet69 (facilitated for 3rd party), Tetromibi, ProfLizMay, MASSU2, MWallace, Bruce7789, Twobitcollector, 78saen, U1chicago

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭✭✭

Silver in cart and unavailable

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

Dang it, get to checkout, NLA

• Options
    inazinaz Posts: 16 ✭✭

I got an order in for the gold half ouncer.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

So maddening...had the active V75 gold in my bag ready to submit with everything entered but when the inventory switch was flipped it spit me back to enter my address. No chance then....my wife scored the WW2 1/2 ounce though. We'll believe it when/if we actually get it.

• Options

@inaz Nice! Congrats!

• Options

@mbogoman congrats!

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2020 8:45AM

I finally got the order in on the Silver V75 ASE I'd had in my cart at 5:31. Yeah

• Options

Got a V75 silver into my cart but didn't complete the order :(

• Options

So what is the prevailing wisdom on leaving it in your cart...helps or hurts?

• Options

If V75 privy ASE is being made available - then the cancelled order posted earlier is a bunch of mint BS.....if I were that customer - id give them crap!!!

• Options
    inazinaz Posts: 16 ✭✭

The site just gets swarmed a few seconds after the coins/medal shows available. I forgot to login beforehand, so I had to login, add the coin to the card, figure out the credit card info and address, and submit. Now I'm seconding guessing myself if I entered the right 3 digit security code.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did not get it again. :(

I did get the $25 AGE though. Did anybody notice the mint removed the household limit on those? I accidentally already had one in my cart without realizing it, and as to not miss the one I wanted, I went ahead and ordered two. :|

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options

Hooray for Raufus!!!!

• Options

@Raufus said:
    Omg, I FINALLY got a V75 AGE!!! Thank G-d and thank the incredibly kind and generous members who have helped me out.

Was refreshing at 08:30, nothing at exactly 08:30. Couple more refreshs and, couldn't believe it, there it was. Blasted thru to submit, seemed to take FOREVER, was praying for once to see order summary w an order number and, after a week, thete it was.

Order confirmation email arrived at 08:31. Went to order status and there it is. Paid for next day shipping.

So happy but on pins and needles hoping that it doesn't get canceled for any reason.

Fingers crossed. Will b the pride of my AGE collection never to be sold.

Wishing everyone great luck. Profound thanks to all who shared.

FREAKING OUTSTANDING MAN!

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dave_01 said:
    nothing first hour onto the next hour

Did u get one? REALLY hoping u snag one!!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus,

Congrats. I am happy for you. :)

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Got one in my bag but wouldn’t let me checkout. Again.....

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Omg, I FINALLY got a V75 AGE!!! Thank G-d and thank the incredibly kind and generous members who have helped me out.

Was refreshing at 08:30, nothing at exactly 08:30. Couple more refreshs and, couldn't believe it, there it was. Blasted thru to submit, seemed to take FOREVER, was praying for once to see order summary w an order number and, after a week, thete it was.

Order confirmation email arrived at 08:31. Went to order status and there it is. Paid for next day shipping.

So happy but on pins and needles hoping that it doesn't get canceled for any reason.

Fingers crossed. Will b the pride of my AGE collection never to be sold.

Wishing everyone great luck. Profound thanks to all who shared.

Congrats!!!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file