Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    I am concerned because I got a tracking number on the 6th and it has not been picked up yet by USPS.

I would not be concerned. Getting a tracking number only means the invoice and shipping label has been printed. It could be another week (including Veteran's day) untill it is actually picked and packed and presented to the shipper (USPS).
    They sometimes "print" the labels days ahead of actually shipping.

(l8-)>>

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

purchased monday, paid for next day delivery, confirmed tuesday, still processing today. I know today is a federal holiday but sure would like to see that it has shipped just for peace of mind. oh well, maybe tomorrow. working on my patience skills.

• GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

It has been an effort for sure, and I honestly dread the remaining 2020 stuff still ahead. No sleep for a week.

However, with persistence and a HUGE amount of luck, the silver V75 that I ordered at 9:15 AM Nov. 5th was delivered yesterday. The V75 gold 20XE from Monday at 4:30 AM Pacific is still processing, and the WW2 gold from today is processing that I ordered at 5:30 AM when I was about to quit refreshing.

I am done and very thankful for all the posts about methods to try, and believe me I tried them all.

My advice, is never give up, until they are all really gone and best wishes and thanks to all the Veterans out there.

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    purchased monday, paid for next day delivery, confirmed tuesday, still processing today. I know today is a federal holiday but sure would like to see that it has shipped just for peace of mind. oh well, maybe tomorrow. working on my patience skills.

I completely agee, after it is shipped, then the next "worries" are the shipper, every USPS, UPS,FEDEX truck crash or plane mishap can cause a lump in the throat (all those youtube videos of packages strewn aross the highway).
    Then sometimes the next worries are "porch pirates" since they are instructed to "just leave it" without signature.
    I was shocked a few years ago when the mint (contractor) told me that next day shipping doesn't necessarily mean tomorrow, it means that when it is shipped it will be handled for expedited delivery instead of slow-poke smart post, but it could be days until it is shipped.

(l8-)>>

• MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks edgar

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Yes, the risks and worries are endless. I had a shipment of about 50 gold coins stolen 3 months ago that were sent via XXX overnight mail. Insurance paid for more than 90% of the loss after 2 months of review, but the stress alone waiting for an answer was terrible.

So even if/when I get the gold in hand, then I have to decide, do I open it? Make sure it is there? Leave it shut and send to PCGS, and what if they say it was not in there? What is it worth for insurance, or for PCGS grading? I think express service gold shield service at $10,000 max is maybe OK.

I try to collect only PR70's of gold eagles, do I open it to be sure it is there, and see if is scratched? Can you imagine sending one back as poor quality? LOL. Not going to see many returns on this one ;)

The stress of getting it graded and hoping for a 70 vs 69, will be about the same as trying to get one in the first place. What a hobby. My wife thinks I am insane getting up at 4AM all week, and she may be partially right as I did keep refreshing over and over, hoping for a different result.

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had a silver go from processing to cancelled.

Many happy BST transactions

If I had 50 gold coins stolen...sepuku without a second to end the pain! Holy heck!

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:

Do you know why it was cancelled?

.> @Mgarmy said:

If I had 50 gold coins stolen...sepuku without a second to end the pain! Holy heck!

FYI. They were "lost" inside the secured mailing facility, not during delivery. And if you want real paranoia, they disappeared in Memphis, where the Mint handling facility is located.

• For those of you who got a gold or sliver coin in the last couple of days early in the morning, how did you know they were back online? did you get a text from the mint or something? Because I signed up for the notifications after whiffing on these last week and I never got notified at all of anything even though it seems they have been periodically back for online availability.

• RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2020 1:47PM

My silver from thurs release shipped yesterday.

Trying to get gold driving me nuts.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

@illini420 said:
    I had an order for a V75 Silver Eagle go to cancelled earlier... mint email said:

One or more items in your order USM083***** has been cancelled. If you did not request a cancellation, it was cancelled because the item(s) are no longer in our inventory and are not available for backorder.

Well I certainly didn't request the cancellation... that sucks!!!

How do they send a confirmation order out on the sale dates... then hit credit card... only to cancel on a customer a few days later??? WEAK!!!

Either way that is crapola. Was it still showing as processing or shipped?

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was showing as processing the last few days... then cancelled now

Really sucks when I see people still getting the coins early in the AM each day... thanks US Mint!

Maybe you can call tomorrow and see what happened? At a min they should create a waitlist for returns rather than the whack a mole they have going on now

edited November 11, 2020 2:52PM

@illini420 said:
    I had an order for a V75 Silver Eagle go to cancelled earlier... mint email said:

That is what happend to me last November, item was processing for about 8 or 10 days, never moved to "shipped", then I received the exact same email.

I used the same mint account and bank debit card for years, but they then claimed it didn't have my middle initial. :/

They said there was nothinbg they could do, only try to snag an early morning straggler. I hope they don't claim it as your "household limit".

(l8-)>>

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:

My wife and I were able to get 1 AGE V75 each on Monday, my shipping label printed on Monday early afternoon but didn't ship out until yesterday and I received it today. My wife's order is still in processing. UPS guy didn't bother asking for a signature... which I think really stinks and Im happy it was delivered to the correct house.
    I'm hoping our orders makes it out tonight or tomorrow!

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3

@Mgarmy said:
    Maybe you can call tomorrow and see what happened? At a min they should create a waitlist for returns rather than the whack a mole they have going on now

Or even today. The phone line is open 7 days a week from 8 AM to midnight ET.

• foraiurforaiur Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2020 1:59PM

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

My wife and I were able to get 1 AGE V75 each on Monday, my shipping label printed on Monday early afternoon but didn't ship out until yesterday and I received it today. My wife's order is still in processing. UPS guy didn't bother asking for a signature... which I think really stinks and Im happy it was delivered to the correct house.

Well, I mean technically it's 1 per household. Assuming you live with your wife they really shouldn't ship it out...

• cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MetroD said:

@cheezhed said:

Just got off the phone billing address didn't match card. Same info I use every order.

Many happy BST transactions

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Did you have expedited shipping?

@foraiur said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Well, I mean technically it's 1 per household. Assuming you live with your wife they really shouldn't ship it out...

Have a P.O. Box in addition to home address.

edited November 11, 2020 2:47PM

They are open today. Call and find out the story?

I called them on my order this morning right away to be sure nothing was wrong with my name, address, credit card, etc. The individual ones I have ordered were all put in a bag the first day they were offered, but took several days to get the processing through. They seem to be cancelling anything that changes like addresses, more than one order of the same coin, possibly an extra in your cart, that kind of thing.

@cheezhed said:

Just got off the phone billing address didn't match card. Same info I use every order.

I am sorry.

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:

@MetroD said:

@cheezhed said:

I'm guessing was probably same thing happened to me... or something similar like missing a middle initial... sort of hard to check that crap when site is crashing as you're checking out and you have to keep putting in in over and over and over and over!!! HA!!! Or when you have saved credit card info that doesn't fill in by the Mint because the site is stressed... oh well!!! I'm sure I'm out of luck on this one... will have to wait for the next Mint stimulus package!! ;)

• foraiurforaiur Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

@foraiur said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Which of course is exactly the kind of thing they are trying to avoid and is intended to skirt the rules. Maybe you'll get it, maybe not. Beyond your case it's an example why reading so many posts talking about cancelled orders and such it's hard not to wonder how many are people similarly involved in some effort to circumvent the rules.

edited November 11, 2020 2:11PM

@Mgarmy said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Did you have expedited shipping?

Yes, next day air. I've grown tired of paying for budget shipping and seeing my orders travel the country sightseeing then decide to arrive a week and a half later.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2020 2:11PM

@cheezhed said:

@MetroD said:

@cheezhed said:

Sorry to hear that.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cheezhed said:

@MetroD said:

@cheezhed said:

Maybe they are checking this time because of the 1 per household limit

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

@foraiur said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@foraiur said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Which of course is exactly the kind of thing they are trying to avoid and is intended to skirt the rules. Maybe you'll get it, maybe not. Beyond your case it's an example why reading so many posts talking about cancelled orders and such it's hard not to wonder how many are people similarly involved in some effort to circumvent the rules.

I'm hoping we get it since there wasn't a problem with our silver orders we received on Monday.
    If for some reason we don't , then we don't. There is always something else bigger to worry over than a coin.

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

@foraiur said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@foraiur said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

I'm hoping we get it since there wasn't a problem with our silver orders we received on Monday.
    If for some reason we don't , then we don't. There is always something else bigger to worry over than a coin.

Very true. I have resolved to no longer deal with the Mint. I don't need their circuses and games. If I want an American coin in the future, I will get it from another source.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone received either one yet? Mine says shipped on the 6th, today is the 11th.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Mine has shipped on 7th but usps says still waiting for it. Many on the boards have told me this is normal but I have ordered a ton from the mint, even the ERP did not take this long to move

Seriously, I am sorry to predict that there will be a few mail shipments disappear based on my past bad experience and the value of these coins.

@Mgarmy said:
    Mine has shipped on 7th but usps says still waiting for it. Many on the boards have told me this is normal but I have ordered a ton from the mint, even the ERP did not take this long to move

Shipping: Due to limited resources around COVID-19 at the Fulfillment Center your order may be delayed. We thank you for your patience during this time. We are making every attempt to process and ship your order as soon as possible.
    Source: https://catalog.usmint.gov/customer-service/faqs/
    Path: MOST POPULAR QUESTIONS > COVID-19 Updates from the United States Mint

• @morgansforever said:
    Has anyone received either one yet? Mine says shipped on the 6th, today is the 11th.

I got 3 gold coins yesterday, because they shipped them overnight with UPS, I haven't gotten any silver yet as it was shipped with USPS.

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Two between u on Monday. Man r u guys lucky

edited November 11, 2020 3:07PM

@Goldminers said:
    Did these go to the same address? If so, this would get a big thumbs down button if there was one.

With all due respect, does it really matter?

The whole point of order limits is to sell coins to as many different people as possible. If someone gets multiples, regardless of the shipping address, someone else loses.

.> @MetroD said:

@Goldminers said:
    Did these go to the same address? If so, this would get a big thumbs down button if there was one.

With all due respect, does it really matter?

The whole point of order limits is to sell coins to as many different people as possible. If someone gets multiples, regardless of the shipping address, someone else loses.

Pretty sure I agree. in my opinion no individual should get more than one even if they have two addresses like snowbirds, but according to the post, the Mint sold someone 3 golds and sent them somewhere.

What does the Supreme Court say is a household limit?

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@drjaycee said:
    For those of you who got a gold or sliver coin in the last couple of days early in the morning, how did you know they were back online? did you get a text from the mint or something? Because I signed up for the notifications after whiffing on these last week and I never got notified at all of anything even though it seems they have been periodically back for online availability.

The reminders are usually sent to you after the product is gone.

With a typical item, it is released for sale, then you are notified by email, you mosey over to the site and purchase one.

Not with high demand items like these. These items released are only live on the sales floor for brief seconds at 7:30 EST, but recently they have become available at random times.

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Did I mention how unbelievably lucky u guys are??? I can't get one to save my life.

Did u both have them in the cart from a prior day?

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Just FYI, next day delivery is not next day shipping. They might ship it a month from now.

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

just was confirmed for UPS next day air. should be here tomorrow. whew, one more hurdle crossed.

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2020 3:56PM

I am looking at various times all day nothing. I would stick with 7:30, 8:30 maybe 10:30 est. The one today was the non privy mark gold, not the privy. I am done checking today. I wonder if any at sales counter in D.C. or Philly. Not even sure if they are open.

@pf70collector said:
    I am looking at various times all day nothing. I would stick with 7:30, 8:30 maybe 10:30 est. The one today was the non privy mark gold, not the privy. I am done checking today. I wonder if any at sales counter in D.C. or Philly. Not even sure if they are open.

The AGE V75 was available at 8:30 et. and I was able to get one in the cart. Got to the please wait message during check out and got booted out and reverted back to unavailable.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file