Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭✭✭

No golden joy for me today either.

Anyone know where to find the latest sales figures for 20XE and 20XF? I am willing to keep trying if some are still available, but do not want to waste my time if all of them are sold.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

very luckily got a gold one yesterday, paid for next day shipping, still in processing mode. c'mon man.

• Options

@kevinstang said:

Do you think maybe the mint caught on about all the traffic at 7:30 am the following days and changed their relisting times? I know several times I would get the emails about them being available (because of clicking for the Remind Me button) only to rush to their webiste and see them sold out again.

I have no personal experience with the 'back-in-stock' messages. However, other members have posted about them.

If I recall correctly, they are NOT timely. In other words, they arrive too late to be beneficial.

• Options
    engmticengmtic Posts: 107 ✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020 6:14AM

My order is still processing for the privy silver but pending charges have dropped from my cc. Does that mean its over ?

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

So wise grasshopper

• Options
    edited November 10, 2020 6:30AM

@engmtic said:
    My order is still processing for the privy silver but pending charges have dropped from my cc. Does that mean its over ?

My cc 'drops' pending charges that have not posted after five days.

If your card has a similar policy, the pending charge has 'dropped' simply to due 'time/delayed shipping', not an issue with your order.

If you want to confirm status, call the Mint @ 800.872.6468 and ask. Remember to have your order number handy.

Good Luck!

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@engmtic said:

I had them fall off in the past and still got the item. I think they only typically show pending for a couple days and they officially run the card when the ship it.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020 7:22AM

Wow! That’s is the craziest eBay listing I’ve ever seen :D

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    edited November 10, 2020 6:58AM

As of today, the sales numbers are

20XE-1,829
    20XF-74,242

116 left of gold
    758 left of silver

Collector

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:
    So.crazy. Sounds like I was processing well before some others who got it.

Happy for u guys. Sounds like the best day ever. Zip for me. Really thought I was good. Beyond frustrating.

Did anyone get one that had been saved in a cart?

Was already in the cart. I had Paypal ready to play. I entered all address info into the checkout screen minutes before the release and had it ready to go. when I hit refresh all data is que'd and ready except the item is no longer available still and I can't click on submit order. I then refresh till it shows in stock and I jump on that accept terms check box and hit submit. Talking mere seconds from in stock to submit. But it still took me three attempts today.

One more thing...

Whe it took 3 attempts, u mean hit the submit order button, processing then kicked back? Thanks!

Correct. First time I thought I had it and surprised it did not take. Second time I knew I didn't have it, a quick kick back and figured the morning battle was over. Third time it took, I was not expecting it at that point.

• Options

@Kliao said:

20XE-1,829
    20XF-74,242

116 left of gold
    758 left of silver

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Please forgive my ignorance, but where can I find these figures? Have been unable to locate this information on the Mint website, and would like to be able to 'look it up' for myself going forward.

TIA

• Options
    edited November 10, 2020 7:20AM

@MetroD said:

@Kliao said:

20XE-1,829
    20XF-74,242

116 left of gold
    758 left of silver

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Please forgive my ignorance, but where can I find these figures? Have been unable to locate this information on the Mint website, and would like to be able to 'look it up' for myself going forward.

TIA

Mint website
    About
    Production and sales figures
    Cumulative sales figures

These get updated weekly and released every Tuesday.

These numbers are since Sunday so it doesn't reflect the ones sold yesterday to the number is lower than what’s shown.

Collector

• Options

@Kliao said:
    Mint website
    About
    Production and sales figures
    Cumulative sales figures

These get updated weekly and released every Tuesday.

These numbers are since Sunday so it doesn't reflect the ones sold yesterday to the number is lower than what’s shown.

Thank You !!! :)

If I interpret the information correctly, the Mint sold 1,829 20XE coins through COB on 11/08/20.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:
    So.crazy. Sounds like I was processing well before some others who got it.

Happy for u guys. Sounds like the best day ever. Zip for me. Really thought I was good. Beyond frustrating.

Did anyone get one that had been saved in a cart?

Was already in the cart. I had Paypal ready to play. I entered all address info into the checkout screen minutes before the release and had it ready to go. when I hit refresh all data is que'd and ready except the item is no longer available still and I can't click on submit order. I then refresh till it shows in stock and I jump on that accept terms check box and hit submit. Talking mere seconds from in stock to submit. But it still took me three attempts today.

One more thing...

Whe it took 3 attempts, u mean hit the submit order button, processing then kicked back? Thanks!

Correct. First time I thought I had it and surprised it did not take. Second time I knew I didn't have it, a quick kick back and figured the morning battle was over. Third time it took, I was not expecting it at that point.

Amazing that u got it on the 3rd try. I was in so fast. Once I hit place order was like 20 seconds. Wes sure I got then nothing. Beyond frustrating. Don't know y I didn't get it.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone that ordered a silver on Thursday not gotten a shipping confirmation? Mine still says processing but no shipping yet.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Has anyone that ordered a silver on Thursday not gotten a shipping confirmation? Mine still says processing but no shipping yet.

Mine is still in processing.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

Same here

• Options

@Raufus said:

One of my friends is still in processing too.

Collector

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kevinstang said:

@Kliao said:
    No release today

Do you think maybe the mint caught on about all the traffic at 7:30 am the following days and changed their relisting times? I know several times I would get the emails about them being available (because of clicking for the Remind Me button) only to rush to their webiste and see them sold out again.

No. They do it at the same time all the time. Been that way for years. The Mint knows people do that.

Ignore those emails. They never come out in time for anything that is hot.

• Options

@Raufus said:

Ditto. USM0831XXXX with "budget" shipping.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jwitten said:

@Raufus said:

Same here

+1

• Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still processing here. Thurs order.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    No release today

6.30 feeding time for hungry collectors

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@engmtic said:

happened to me too ...no mas

• Options

My order number for the silver is USM082858xx and I received shipping order confirmation right before 9 pm last night. When looking into where the shipping process is, the information showed that the mint has contacted USPS so I am assuming the package will be provided to USPS today.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got my tracking number several days ago but still waiting for usps to pick it up

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you sneak into the mint's main server room, use your alligator clips and establish a direct line with your laptop, sign in....you will be able to make a purchase without the problems most of you have been experiencing.

• Options
    batumibatumi Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@MrSmith said:

@JeffM said:

@Bullsitter said:
    Ebay SOLD listing, high so far today...raw, not graded.

Silver $800
    Gold $12,000

Wow, people are really nuts or have way too much money to blow.....or both.

Anyone remember this one.... from the not too distant past? $100,000 for a 3/4oz Kennedy gold coin

https://www.coinworld.com/news/precious-metals/first-gold-kennedy-half-dollar-sold-at-ana-show-resells-for-100000.html

I would wager they still are hanging on tight on that one!

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bestday said:

@engmtic said:

happened to me too ...no mas

Are you saying they cancelled yours?

• Options
    batumibatumi Posts: 805 ✭✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:
    Apparently if you leave the website open long enough this shows up.

I am sure they got plenty of feed back, though don't hold one's breath waiting for them to care. This was not their first goat rope.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020 10:36AM

@Kliao said:

20XE-1,829
    20XF-74,242

116 left of gold
    758 left of silver

From Friday to Sunday according to stats maybe they were selling 30 a day. Maybe they did not put them up today because they were going thru yesterday’s silver medals/gold coin sales. Maybe another 30left if you add 30 sold yesterday too. Who knows.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

all I need is hope that there's still a chance on the v75 au 🤞🙏🍀

• Options
    Mindy9773Mindy9773 Posts: 160 ✭✭✭

I got the one ounce gold and 1/2 ounce gold and one of the silver coins today! And the other silver yesterday. They went up at 7:45 pacific time

• Options

They were confirmed right away

• Options

Sorry 7:34 they went up for sale

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

Oh well. Thanks for the feedback. I tried til 7 33. Should of hung around.

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,993 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinJP said:

@Raufus said:

Mine is still in processing.

Mine shipped finally!!

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

USM0846XXXX is still "processing" and not shipped
    I got my confirmation on the 6th at 07:36 EST
    what is the first 4 numbers of your confirmation order number

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

finally got my confirmation email this morning for the gold coin purchased yesterday. now if they would only be so kind to ship it. paid for next day shipping and it's still sitting in processing mode at the mint. what about next day shipping don't they (or maybe I ) understand?

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020 11:04AM

[Sorry 7:34 they went up for sale]

So then...you're saying that they went up randomly at 10:34 Eastern time?

• Options

Yes I was reading this conversation this morning and decided to stay on the mint website under wish list with the coins on it. I kept refreshing until it said available I couldn’t believe my eyes

• Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

I randomly checked today at 10:36 eastern and saw the silver 20xf available (gold was not)- and still had time to log on and add and placed order. Already recieved confirmation email. That was very strange.....

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Totally random timing that could not be predicted.
    Typical Mint.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    CXDCXD Posts: 141 ✭✭✭

Forgot to mention that I was locked out earlier this morning! BC I refreshed 3x's :s

• Options
    foraiurforaiur Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:

Totally random timing that could not be predicted.
    Typical Mint.

I'm a fan of how they've done the rest of the onsale, but the "random" timing sucks. It encourages bots and naturally leads to suspicion because there are, of course, some people on the seller side who do know the timing.

• Options

Do you guys think I could get more selling all 4 as a set?

• Options

Or separately

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file