Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did anyone get a gold today using a phone?

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

Soooo close today.
    Got to screen one....
    Love seeing ADD TO BAG

Then after a few seconds, this screen appeared...
    WHAT?? REMOVE FROM BAG???

Oh this explains it....

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks to all who keep us informed by posting all the ups and down of this frustrating adventure.

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

GovMint/MCM is selling the silver, PF70, FDI, and Mercanti-signed (of course) for $2,495!

• Options
    TomthemailcarrierTomthemailcarrier Posts: 638 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn’t get a gold today either.

• Options

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:
    So.crazy. Sounds like I was processing well before some others who got it.

Happy for u guys. Sounds like the best day ever. Zip for me. Really thought I was good. Beyond frustrating.

Did anyone get one that had been saved in a cart?

Was already in the cart. I had Paypal ready to play. I entered all address info into the checkout screen minutes before the release and had it ready to go. when I hit refresh all data is que'd and ready except the item is no longer available still and I can't click on submit order. I then refresh till it shows in stock and I jump on that accept terms check box and hit submit. Talking mere seconds from in stock to submit. But it still took me three attempts today.

Thanks so much for info.

When u str refreshing till says in stock meaning u have coin up and are watching the box under the coin, not the unavailable language in the cart?

If you go right now and look in your cart and try to check out you get the error that the coin is not available. You can only go so far without removing it from cart. This is the point I refresh until the cart shows the coin as available instead of not available. At this point you are now allowed to submit your order. Don't forget to check the terms box and then jump on that order button.

Edited to add and clarify: I do not have a tab open for and I don't look at the coin page. I am only looking at my cart, my one and only view point is within the cart.

When u do this are you hovering over cart to see unavailable, refreshing , hovering again to see the unavailable language gone then u check out? Want to b sure specifically how your doing this. Thank u!

• Options

I am no longer buying anything from the U.S. Mint. I have enough to keep me busy with my British, Canadian, and Australian collections. Those countries know how to sell to their customers.

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any V75 silver ship today?

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

Happy for u guys. Sounds like the best day ever. Zip for me. Really thought I was good. Beyond frustrating.

Was already in the cart. I had Paypal ready to play. I entered all address info into the checkout screen minutes before the release and had it ready to go. when I hit refresh all data is que'd and ready except the item is no longer available still and I can't click on submit order. I then refresh till it shows in stock and I jump on that accept terms check box and hit submit. Talking mere seconds from in stock to submit. But it still took me three attempts today.

Thanks so much for info.

When u str refreshing till says in stock meaning u have coin up and are watching the box under the coin, not the unavailable language in the cart?

If you go right now and look in your cart and try to check out you get the error that the coin is not available. You can only go so far without removing it from cart. This is the point I refresh until the cart shows the coin as available instead of not available. At this point you are now allowed to submit your order. Don't forget to check the terms box and then jump on that order button.

Edited to add and clarify: I do not have a tab open for and I don't look at the coin page. I am only looking at my cart, my one and only view point is within the cart.

When u do this are you hovering over cart to see unavailable, refreshing , hovering again to see the unavailable language gone then u check out? Want to b sure specifically how your doing this. Thank u!

I'm using a computer. Have no idea about using phones and "hovering". I log into the mint site about 10 minutes before time to ensure the browser check is done beforehand. I click on my cart that has the unavailable coin inside. I enter all billing information and everything is locked in. At this point I am ready to order except that the coin is still unavailable. I will use the browser's refresh button to refresh the shopping cart. All billing information should still be populated. I will jump on the coin forum and read some posts and bounce back and hit refresh again to keep the connection fresh. At the "right time" I start repeatedly hitting the browser refresh button until I see the "unavailable" change to available and in my cart. I race to the terms check box and hit the submit order button that is now active. Then sit, watch the spinning circle and pray... This morning It took me three submits. Not sure why it did not take on the first as it looked like it was going to.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

my ag shipped sat; USM0815xxxx

• Options

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks so much for info.

I'm using a computer. Have no idea about using phones and "hovering". I log into the mint site about 10 minutes before time to ensure the browser check is done beforehand. I click on my cart that has the unavailable coin inside. I enter all billing information and everything is locked in. At this point I am ready to order except that the coin is still unavailable. I will use the browser's refresh button to refresh the shopping cart. All billing information should still be populated. I will jump on the coin forum and read some posts and bounce back and hit refresh again to keep the connection fresh. At the "right time" I start repeatedly hitting the browser refresh button until I see the "unavailable" change to available and in my cart. I race to the terms check box and hit the submit order button that is now active. Then sit, watch the spinning circle and pray... This morning It took me three submits. Not sure why it did not take on the first as it looked like it was going to.

Thanks so much for the info and your time.
    My cart just has a number in it showing the number of products in it. It doesn't say unavailable until I hover over it - either on my computer or phone. I figured everyone saw it like that. Thank you!! U must be so happy today. Cant imagine.

• Options

As noted, mine looked perfect. Got in so fast. Hit submit. Took about 30 seconds. Unavailable

• Options
    edited November 9, 2020 12:33PM

@Goldminers said:
    I am starting to wonder if I should take up another time and money wasting hobby.

Do what I do. Collect coins from another country. I like Australian, Canadian, and British coins. These countries have great coins. And, most important, they appreciate and know how to sell to their customers. I am done with the U.S. Mint. They can take their products and shove them up you know where.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,451 ✭✭✭✭✭

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. I placed an order at least 20 times and the order was "processing". Each time, it kicked me back to the credit card number entry line. Finally, the gold was unavailable.

I have no idea why none of these attempts went through. I guess I could always spend the $2,600 on Lottery Tickets.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was so close. I actually thought I had one but got kicked back on final confirm.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. I placed an order at least 20 times and the order was "processing". Each time, it kicked me back to the credit card number entry line. Finally, the gold was unavailable.

I have no idea why none of these attempts went through. I guess I could always spend the $2,600 on Lottery Tickets.

Spend it buying in the stock market instead....

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

My iPhone with a WiFi connection failed me today with the U.S. Mint.

Or, was it the other way around?

• Options

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks so much for info.

My cart just has a number in it showing the number of products in it. It doesn't say unavailable until I hover over it - either on my computer or phone. I figured everyone saw it like that. Thank you!! U must be so happy today. Cant imagine.

This is what mine looks like. I guess the term unavailable is not exactly accurate. but upon a good refresh at the right time it will show as in cart and available.

• Options
    edited November 9, 2020 1:32PM

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks so much for info.

This is what mine looks like. I guess the term unavailable is not exactly accurate. but upon a good refresh at the right time it will show as in cart and available.

I see. So it's not the unavailable that appears below the cart when u hover, but the lower left unavailable to the left of remove from bag under bag summary in this screenshot? Thanks again so much.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

I was curious if they would sell these again with the medals today. No luck. Bought the silver medal today. I had no interest in the gold medal. I will try again tomorrow. Seems it’s just luck for those that got these today. I would be ecstatic too. Congrats everyone.

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

who's in for trying again tomorrow morning?

• Options
    edited November 9, 2020 2:40PM

@Raufus said:

I see. So it's not the unavailable that appears below the cart when u hover, but the lower left unavailable to the left of remove from bag under bag summary in this screenshot? Thanks again so much.

This is what says unavailable. when refreshed at the proper time the "remove from bag" button disappears, the background becomes the foreground showing available and then the submit order button becomes activated.

• Options

Who's going to try again tomorrow morning?

• Options

@Onedollarnohollar said:

Not me. I am done with these clowns. They are a complete embarrassment.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,210 ✭✭✭✭✭

I skipped this morning. I might try for a silver tomorrow...

Nah, what the hell was i thinking. Direct my money to stock in robinhood.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

@privatecoin said:
    I skipped this morning. I might try for a silver tomorrow...

Nah, what the hell was i thinking. Direct my money to stock in robinhood.

I am investing the money on toilet paper. I will sell some on eBay and make a nice profit, while I retain a few packages to clean up the crap dealt to us by the U.S. Mint.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭

I will try each day til they are sold out.

• Options

@pf70collector said:
    I will try each day til they are sold out.

I was going to try to get the Mayflower issue. No more. My time is too valuable to play on their joke of a website. I'd rather spend the time clipping my toenails and be more productive.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onedollarnohollar said:

I'm gonna keep going till it says sold out

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

@wyze_guy said:

Mine arrived today. About as good a pic I can take of a proof coin. The privy mark is actually much smaller than originally thought. Really have to squint and focus on it to make out the V75.

beautiful!!

• Options

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

This is what says unavailable. when refreshed at the proper time the "remove from bag" button disappears, the background becomes the foreground showing available and then the submit order button becomes activated.

Thank u! SUPER nice of you to help so much!!

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pf70collector said:
    I was curious if they would sell these again with the medals today. No luck. Bought the silver medal today. I had no interest in the gold medal. I will try again tomorrow. Seems it’s just luck for those that got these today. I would be ecstatic too. Congrats everyone.

Only the silver is a medal. It's one oz.
    The gold is a 1/2 oz coin with a $25 denomination.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bullsitter said:
    Any V75 silver ship today?

Yep, got notified tonight at 6:39 p.m. Central Time. Order number USM082773xx

• Options

None restocked today?

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Looks like nothing at all today

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

Party’s over

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

No release today

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't see anything today. I tried silver first and it never showed up. Same for gold.

• Options
    DscoinDscoin Posts: 320 ✭✭✭✭

I was all ready with it in my cart and everything today......

Successful transactions with: Lakesammman, jimineez1, Flackthat, PerryHall, bidask, bccox, TwistedArrow1962, free_spirit, alexerca, scooter25, FHC, tnspro, mcarney1173, moursund, and SurfinxHI (6 times)

• Options

@Dscoin said:
    I was all ready with it in my cart and everything today......

Me too. I'll likely never get one.

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    No release today

Do you think maybe the mint caught on about all the traffic at 7:30 am the following days and changed their relisting times? I know several times I would get the emails about them being available (because of clicking for the Remind Me button) only to rush to their webiste and see them sold out again.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@kevinstang said:

@Kliao said:
    No release today

Do you think maybe the mint caught on about all the traffic at 7:30 am the following days and changed their relisting times? I know several times I would get the emails about them being available (because of clicking for the Remind Me button) only to rush to their webiste and see them sold out again.

The person who hits the button is late getting back from Starbucks....and very annoyed by the big line and delays :D

• Options
    edited November 10, 2020 5:44AM

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

One more thing...

Whe it took 3 attempts, u mean hit the submit order button, processing then kicked back? Thanks!

• Options

boo, no action today

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@matt_dac said:

@kevinstang said:

@Kliao said:
    No release today

The person who hits the button is late getting back from Starbucks....and very annoyed by the big line and delays :D

He probably tried to pay cash but they refused due to "the coin shortage "😂🤣

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file