Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

...yet

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing yet

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Monday was the golden goose. Ugh.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

The United States Mint motto:

Connecting America Through Coins...

This sarcasm is placed right at the top of my page that I have refreshed 10,000 times with a gold coin in the bag.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

nada...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    mynamespatmynamespat Posts: 75 ✭✭✭

This sarcasm is placed right at the top of my page that I have refreshed 10,000 times with a gold coin in the bag.

...and here you are connecting with us. It works!

• Options

@JeffM said:
    Someone will come on today and say they bought 3 golds this morning.

Or it will be someone who just happens to be refreshing the screen at 12:07 EST and there they were...

• Options

@mynamespat said:

...and here you are connecting with us. It works!

It is more like "disconnecting" America the way I see it, when I get banned, or can't even login to buy a coin..

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

I just dumped my gold coin out of my bag. Perhaps that will give you a better chance tomorrow?

• Options
    inazinaz Posts: 16 ✭✭

Come on Mint, just throw a dozen up for us desperate refreshers.

• Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭✭✭

So close but not close enough. "Keep on scratching"

" If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2020 6:33AM

Gold was up at 7:30 cst, lasted 20 seconds. Couldn't even get in cart.

• Options

730 CT this morning boys, MISSED BOTH SILVER, had in bag, NLA before I could checkout.

• Options

@Onastone said:

@Goldminers said:

I just dumped my gold coin out of my bag. Perhaps that will give you a better chance tomorrow?

Seriously, I just went to the site and my order went through just now.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. I guess the mint is randomizing the times now.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

maybe it'll be 730 mountain time tomorrow then? giving every time zone a chance at 730? 😂

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    maybe it'll be 730 mountain time tomorrow then? giving every time zone a chance at 730? 😂

That's not fair! What about Hawaii, Alaska, and the Pacific Islands?

• Options

Current e-bay offerings,'end of world warii 75th anniversary silver medal (1,907 items)'

I really would love to add this to my collection, not by e-bay...

USM in the AM...

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

Was able to get a silver.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options

@JeffM said:

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:

That's not fair! What about Hawaii, Alaska, and the Pacific Islands?

maybe Saturday they'll open it up at 730 Island time

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many of you guys refreshing right now ?

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    The email says my order was placed at 05:30:27 Pacific time, literally just a couple minutes after Onastone dumped his and inaz told the Mint to post a couple?

I already had one in my bag and it magically went to available after reading his post. Wow, I did not expect that at all. And just got a confirmed email, too.

Congrats. Did u get a gold?

• Options

@Goldminers said:

@Onastone said:

@Goldminers said:

Seriously, I just went to the site and my order went through just now.

Seriously?? Part of their new "randomization program" I guess...

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2020 8:48AM

The mint has been reading this thread. No soup for you! Probably be one or two on here refreshing the mint ordering page all day myself included. Kind of like looking through your pennies for that double die.

• Options

@Goldminers said:
    @Raufus,

Yes, it is the same WWII gold that has been in my bag since the start. I have been getting up at 4AM every day just to try to get one to keep.

Just really lucky that I had the screen open and had time to refresh it a lot. Good luck to all.

To the extent u know, did it come up at 10:30 exactly?

• Options
    MetroDMetroD Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pf70collector said:
    The mint has been reading this thread. No soup for you! Probably be one or two on here refreshing the mint ordering page all day myself included.

Yep. Watch out for 'Error 1015 - You are being rate limited'.
    I just got it.

Good luck to all that are still trying.

• Options
    SpeedieSpeedie Posts: 104 ✭✭

Is there any rhyme or reason to how The Mint ships orders out? I have a confirmed gold from the first 4 minutes of release day (Thursday) that still shows processing, and a silver from Monday that has shipped. It seems...random.

• Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Speedie said:
    Is there any rhyme or reason to how The Mint ships orders out? I have a confirmed gold from the first 4 minutes of release day (Thursday) that still shows processing, and a silver from Monday that has shipped. It seems...random.

Nope

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

just received mint confirmation and a tracking number on shipping my silver
    I purchased it on Thursday the 6th and was confirmed at 7:36 am the same day
    I did not pay for expeditated shipping
    hope this helps

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    edited November 11, 2020 9:46AM

@Raufus said:

@Goldminers said:

Just really lucky that I had the screen open and had time to refresh it a lot. Good luck to all.

If I was to guess, the Mint allowed a few coins to be sold at close to exactly 5:30 Pacific or 8:30AM Eastern time. It took me less than 27 seconds to receive a completed order processed notice documented on the site. They sent me the email order acknowledgement at 5:32, and a confirmed email at 5:48.

This order was for the 24 karat gold WW II coin, not the more difficult V75 privy gold eagle version. I will not try for the silver medal as there are hundreds on eBay that will be available for about $100 soon, not much more than the Mint price of $75.

• Options

I am concerned because I got a tracking number on the 6th and it has not been picked up yet by USPS. Now I did ship economy however this seems a little long

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    I am concerned because I got a tracking number on the 6th and it has not been picked up yet by USPS. Now I did ship economy however this seems a little long

I have 2 out of 3 packages from the mint that still haven’t been picked up by the post office. One has been shipped on Saturday but still hasn’t been picked up. I would just wait. Probably the high volume of packages coming out from there.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:

That wouldn't bother me as much. Pickups, scanning and movement can be slow sometimes with the mail. My concern is why mine has not left "processing"? Isn't this the window where the mint has an opportunity to reject an order?

• Options

It is, if you have not called I would call them and endure the long hold. I had to do that for the ERP last year and the lady on the phone fixed whatever the Hangup was.

• Options
    SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 404 ✭✭✭

@Goldminers said:

@Raufus said:

@Goldminers said:

If I was to guess, the Mint allowed a few coins to be sold at close to exactly 5:30 Pacific or 8:30AM Eastern time. It took me less than 27 seconds to receive a completed order processed notice documented on the site. They sent me the email order acknowledgement at 5:32, and a confirmed email at 5:48.

This order was for the 24 karat gold WW II coin, not the more difficult V75 privy gold eagle version. I will not try for the silver medal as there are hundreds on eBay that will be available for about $100 soon, not much more than the Mint price of $75.

The AGE V75 was also available at 8:30 et. and I was able to get one in the cart. Got to the please wait message during check out and got booted out and reverted back to unavailable.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • Options

didnt think it would be available today oh well ill try tomorrow at every half hour, this is so ridiculous i want this gold for my AGE collection and time is running out. Hope i can score one tomorrow congrats to those that succeeded

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

;) ....Sale 80 per hour for 24 hours....by phone only... >:)

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Question for the gallery...is the privy mark added to the actual die...or is it counterstamped separately?

I only ask because I was surprised that the mirror field seems to be slightly distorted around the privy mark, which I wouldn't have expected if it was engraved into the die itself.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just got back from having my brain pan swabbed for the virus. You guys that’s are refreshing 24/7 did I miss anything ?

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    I just got back from having my brain pan swabbed for the virus. You guys that’s are refreshing 24/7 did I miss anything ?

I dunno Jim. People are saying they've been able to purchase at odd times, 10:35 one day, 8:30 another....now diehards are checking every half hour. I didn't see anything today, and it is a federal holiday.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file