Home U.S. Coin Forum

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2020 4:32PM

@Raufus said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    purchased monday, paid for next day delivery, confirmed tuesday, still processing today. I know today is a federal holiday but sure would like to see that it has shipped just for peace of mind. oh well, maybe tomorrow. working on my patience skills.

My wife and I were able to get 1 AGE V75 each on Monday, my shipping label printed on Monday early afternoon but didn't ship out until yesterday and I received it today. My wife's order is still in processing. UPS guy didn't bother asking for a signature... which I think really stinks and Im happy it was delivered to the correct house.
    I'm hoping our orders makes it out tonight or tomorrow!

Did I mention how unbelievably lucky u guys are??? I can't get one to save my life.

Did u both have them in the cart from a prior day?

Had them in the cart since Friday. Crazy weekend!
    Keep trying, I wish you luck!

(Edited to correct date from Thursday to Friday) Was only able to get Silver Eagles on Thursday.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Raufus said:

@SONOMOSCA said:

@Onedollarnohollar said:
    purchased monday, paid for next day delivery, confirmed tuesday, still processing today. I know today is a federal holiday but sure would like to see that it has shipped just for peace of mind. oh well, maybe tomorrow. working on my patience skills.

My wife and I were able to get 1 AGE V75 each on Monday, my shipping label printed on Monday early afternoon but didn't ship out until yesterday and I received it today. My wife's order is still in processing. UPS guy didn't bother asking for a signature... which I think really stinks and Im happy it was delivered to the correct house.
    I'm hoping our orders makes it out tonight or tomorrow!

Did I mention how unbelievably lucky u guys are??? I can't get one to save my life.

Did u both have them in the cart from a prior day?

Had them in the cart since Thursday. Crazy weekend!
    Keep trying, I wish you luck!

Thank u. Sure hope I get one. So much time and effort invested.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2020 4:33PM

@Raufus said:
    Thank u. Sure hope I get one. So much time and effort invested.

message sent, check inbox.

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pf70collector said:
    I am looking at various times all day nothing. I would stick with 7:30, 8:30 maybe 10:30 est. The one today was the non privy mark gold, not the privy. I am done checking today. I wonder if any at sales counter in D.C. or Philly. Not even sure if they are open.

"Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, all United States Mint tours and stores, including those in Washington DC, Philadelphia, and Denver, will be closed until further notice."
    Source: https://www.usmint.gov/about/mint-tours-facilities

• foraiurforaiur Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2020 4:52PM

The AGE V75 was available at 8:30 et. and I was able to get one in the cart. Got to the please wait message during check out and got booted out and reverted back to unavailable.

Huh? I thought you'd already bought 2?

edited November 11, 2020 4:59PM

@foraiur said:

The AGE V75 was available at 8:30 et. and I was able to get one in the cart. Got to the please wait message during check out and got booted out and reverted back to unavailable.

"Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it." King Arthur, the keeper of the Mint laws.

• SONOMOSCASONOMOSCA Posts: 406 ✭✭✭

@foraiur said:

Yes 2, and number 3 if lucky enough to get is for my brother who can't be on at the times needed to get one.
    No hidden agenda here, just helping out my brother.

BST transactions - Wondercoin, SNMAN , Mb423, Timbuk3
    edited November 11, 2020 5:04PM

@SONOMOSCA said:

@foraiur said:

Yes 2, and number 3 if lucky enough to get is for my brother who can't be on at the times needed to get one.

I did not even tell my brother about this one. B)

• foraiurforaiur Posts: 134 ✭✭✭

@SONOMOSCA said:

Oh I know. I just find it all quite hilarious on this board the way it comes out what almost everyone here is actually doing in terms of buying and selling and circumventing rules vs. the constant negativity towards the evil mint & newbie flippers ruining it for all the "real collectors."

@Dave_01 said:
    really frustrating to see people get 3 of them and i see Raufus and i trying so hard to get 1 the true collectors.
    Out of all the people who scored one im guessing the percentage is so low on who actually wants to keep the coin

Raufus i wish you luck tomorrow i want to see you and i come on here tomorrow both of us saying "WE GOT ONE"

Totally agree. My brother is not a collector, so I did not even tell him or my extended family about this one. I knew it would just give them a frustrating, stressful experience, with nearly no chance of success.

I am a collector of modern gold eagle proofs, probably even much more than most. And I have lost plenty of money buying all of them, and so will some of the people chasing these on eBay.

I do also hope all actual collectors can get these, but the mintage limit just did not allow that to happen.

This is the second to last one I will ever buy again from the Mint for my set. It stops when the reverse changes after the burnished uncirculated.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully I’ll be able to score one soon and be as lucky as earlier this year when I was able to score a 2019s ERP days before it listed as sold out.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• CoinMeisterCoinMeister Posts: 642 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to score an AGE V75 too. I have been trying daily since it went on sale and had to deal with the motorcycles and boats. Then I had to deal with being locked out. Now it seems the mint sees fit to put them on sale at random times of day for about 20 seconds just to keep things interesting (sarcasm). It is truly frustrating when a fellow member scores one but hard to be congenial when I find out they did so at 8:30, 9:30, etc. Now we need to be refreshing all day long? Seriously? The frustration can’t get too much higher. However, I do tip my hat to those that have scored and wish much luck to those of us trying to join the “Got one” club.

"What we are never changes, but who we are ... never stops changing."

Is anyone imagining PCGS PR70DCAM prices of the gold? Only 1,945 coins, some in boxes, some at other services so not even sent in. Many 69's due to weird privy die stresses in fields that should "look" perfect at angles under magnification, so if only a couple hundred were 70's, say 10%, then I can imagine some stellar pricing like 30k ranges?

Waiting to see a PCGS first day of issue slabbed 2020 gold eagle V75 privy PR70DCAM in hand to sell and what will it go for?

@CoinMeister said:
    I would like to score an AGE V75 too. I have been trying daily since it went on sale and had to deal with the motorcycles and boats. Then I had to deal with being locked out. Now it seems the mint sees fit to put them on sale at random times of day for about 20 seconds just to keep things interesting (sarcasm). It is truly frustrating when a fellow member scores one but hard to be congenial when I find out they did so at 8:30, 9:30, etc. Now we need to be refreshing all day long? Seriously? The frustration can’t get too much higher. However, I do tip my hat to those that have scored and wish much luck to those of us trying to join the “Got one” club.

Just keep in mind, the only coin that I got at a different time you mention, was probably put in my "bag" a few milliseconds before yours was on the first day issued, as it was on my calendar for months and I had five cups of coffee.

I fought motorcycles, boats, and stupid traffic signals until I went crazy just to get it into a bag. Refreshed and stayed awake for the whole weekend.

You should not be frustrated with me, or other real people, because the Mint took several days to finally confirm that I could actually buy, what I put in my bag the first few seconds last week, and approved through their processing system. :|

@Goldminers said:

@CoinMeister said:

Just keep in mind, the only coin that I got at a different time you mention, was probably put in my "bag" a few milliseconds before yours was on the first day issued, as it was on my calendar for months and I had five cups of coffee.

I fought motorcycles, boats, and stupid traffic signals until I went crazy just to get it into a bag. Refreshed and stayed awake for the whole weekend.

You should not be frustrated with me, or other real people, because the Mint took several days to finally confirm that I could actually buy, what I put in my bag the first few seconds last week, and approved through their processing system. :|

By no means am I frustrated with you nor anyone else here. I’m very frustrated with the way the mint made it more difficult to get this coin. All of the difficulty with day one; CAPTCHA’s, timing out, getting banned all the while I have one in my cart when suddenly it goes “unavailable”.
    Now a new one - random times of day with very limited time to get the coin. I too fought to get one in my bag. But now I need to be refreshing all day long?
    Please don’t take this as whining. I’m an adult and if I don’t get one, so be it. I’ll move on. It’s just frustrating when you think you know the game and the rules change.

@Kliao said:

@CoinMeister said:

@Goldminers said:

@CoinMeister said:

By no means am I frustrated with you nor anyone else here. I’m very frustrated with the way the mint made it more difficult to get this coin. All of the difficulty with day one; CAPTCHA’s, timing out, getting banned all the while I have one in my cart when suddenly it goes “unavailable”.
    Now a new one - random times of day with very limited time to get the coin. I too fought to get one in my bag. But now I need to be refreshing all day long?
    Please don’t take this as whining. I’m an adult and if I don’t get one, so be it. I’ll move on. It’s just frustrating when you think you know the game and the rules change.

I was ok with the captchas because it could have prevented a bunch of bots getting in and buying them all up. Being banned was a bit much. The mint will need to tweak their systems a bit more though.

The ban required eliminating browser history, moving to Firefox, rebooting, etc, etc. This is not the way to run a business for sure. I was so frustrated I had to ask my son for help.

@VanHalen said:

@Goldminers said:
    Is anyone imagining PCGS PR70DCAM prices of the gold? Only 1,945 coins, some in boxes, some at other services so not even sent in. Many 69's due to weird privy die stresses in fields that should "look" perfect at angles under magnification, so if only a couple hundred were 70's, say 10%, then I can imagine some stellar pricing like 30k ranges?

Waiting to see a PCGS first day of issue slabbed 2020 gold eagle V75 privy PR70DCAM in hand to sell and what will it go for?

Here's one with 27 bids at $15,100. The $575,000 shipping charge would be tough to swallow though.

https://ebay.com/itm/2020-End-of-World-War-II-75th-Anniversary-American-Eagle-Gold-PF70-ULTRA-CAMEO/254771150077?hash=item3b518b3cfd:g:5qIAAOSw8W9fplsD

Wow. I hope the winning bidder realizes the outrageous shipping cost.

Collector

edited November 11, 2020 6:50PM

Pretty sure my Pay Pal account would not approve that shipping amount even if I was stupid, wasted, or drunk enough to try.

edited November 11, 2020 7:02PM

@CoinMeister,

I wish you luck. I am not trying to buy anything until next Tuesday.

And Anon how do you get two things at once like this?

@AnonMan congrats on getting both! They look great!

Collector

@AnonMan Very nice! Great pix! Congrats!!

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    I have been collecting for many years. I have bought many, many coins from the Mint. That ends now. I do not need this aggravation to depart with my money. It is a complete insult how the Mint does business and treats its customers. The Mint has completely turned me off to collecting U.S. coins. Hello, Canada!

Canada? You must be kidding. Canada all but invented the manufactured rarity market.

• JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@JeffM said:
    I have been collecting for many years. I have bought many, many coins from the Mint. That ends now. I do not need this aggravation to depart with my money. It is a complete insult how the Mint does business and treats its customers. The Mint has completely turned me off to collecting U.S. coins. Hello, Canada!

Canada? You must be kidding. Canada all but invented the manufactured rarity market.

I have bought numerous coins from the RCM. Never had a problem. They also know how to treat their customers. I am also a Masters Club Platinum member and get advance notice of issues as well as special releases just for club members . As I said, they know how to treat their customers.

• ebizgobroebizgobro Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Here's a shocker. Got a cancellation notice for my silver ASE with privy mark. I didn't cancel it so US Mint cancelled the order because the inventory was over sold. The coin was ordered early Sat morning and credit card was charged.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 33,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@JeffM said:

I have bought numerous coins from the RCM. Never had a problem. They also know how to treat their customers. I am also a Masters Club Platinum member and get advance notice of issues as well as special releases just for club members . As I said, they know how to treat their customers.

I like Canada. They make some nice material. But they long ago learned to fleece their regular customers by issuing low mintage variations. Some years with multiple proof sets AND multiple mint sets AND specimen sets. And that's not even mentioning their low mintage commems. Their overall volume is miniscule relative to the U.S. Mint, so that may help avoid the debacles like the Mint occasionally has. But they aren't exactly virtuous.

• @ebizgobro said:
    Here's a shocker. Got a cancellation notice for my silver ASE with privy mark. I didn't cancel it so US Mint cancelled the order because the inventory was over sold. The coin was ordered early Sat morning and credit card was charged.

Got the same email, order from Saturday as well.

• XiATHXiATH Posts: 11
    edited November 11, 2020 8:07PM

Duplicate post

• MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ouch. I suspect we may see a few more of those letters.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • JeffMJeffM Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Ouch. I suspect we may see a few more of those letters.

And yet there are people who defend the Mint. smh

If the ASE V75 is no longer in inventory, why doesn’t it say “sold out” on their website?
    This really stinks for the folks who think they got one only to get “we apologize for the inconvenience” emails. I guess the party is over - at least for the silver.
    Sorry to those this affected :/

• Did anyone call the Mint and ask why their orders were cancelled due to over-selling but then become available days after?

edited November 11, 2020 8:29PM

@Dave_01 said:
    really frustrating to see people get 3 of them and i see Raufus and i trying so hard to get 1 the true collectors.
    Out of all the people who scored one im guessing the percentage is so low on who actually wants to keep the coin

Raufus i wish you luck tomorrow i want to see you and i come on here tomorrow both of us saying "WE GOT ONE"

Thanks so much!!! Really appreciate the kind words - totally reciprocated. Man, that would be SO awesome !!! One thing I can say w certainty is that if I'm lucky enough to score one it will never leave my collection. Best wishes and best of luck!!

• OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

until it says "sold out" I'm going to give it a shot in the morning. the mint has this generic letter to send out that covers a multitude of situations that affected completion of the transactions: credit card issues, multiple purchase issues linked to an IP address, or possibly clerical errors within their own system. who knows what happened, but if you really want one you have to stay aggressive in pursuit, wake up early, and start flailing away at your keyboard. good luck fellow pursuers.

@TrueCaller said:

@morgansforever said:
    Has anyone received either one yet? Mine says shipped on the 6th, today is the 11th.

I got 3 gold coins yesterday, because they shipped them overnight with UPS, I haven't gotten any silver yet as it was shipped with USPS.

U got 3 V75 AGEs?

• bestdaybestday Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭✭

@Bigbuck1975 said:

@bestday said:

@engmtic said:
    My order is still processing for the privy silver but pending charges have dropped from my cc. Does that mean its over ?

happened to me too ...no mas

Are you saying they cancelled yours?

yes

Can you designate to PCGS slab a min. grade, or to pass on getting coin slabbed?

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭

My silver with privy mark shipped today that I ordered the morning of Nov 6th. I also got the silver medal WW II on first day of sales.

@JeffM said:

yes ,,

• MetroDMetroD Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2020 4:23AM

@bestday said:
    Can you designate to PCGS slab a min. grade, or to pass on getting coin slabbed?

Yes.

"Min. Grade: Indicate the lowest acceptable grade. [...] For raw [...] coins 1965 to date, you may indicate (but are not required to) a minimum grade.
    [...]"

"For Raw Coins: Use this column only if you do not want your coin encapsulated unless it meets this minimum grade or higher. You will be charged the full grading fee even if your coin does not meet the minimum grade specified and is not encapsulated."

Source: Section #7 of the 'PCGS Submission Guidelines' at: https://www.pcgs.com/submissionguide
    Note: These excerpts are specific to "raw coins", 1965 to date. Information about "crossovers" can be found at the source.

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nada.

Nothin today

Collector

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file