Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    JeffMJeffM Posts: 578 ✭✭✭✭

It’s sad when you buy something, your credit card is charged, you get an order acknowledgment and confirmation, and yet you can’t trust getting what you bought until you get a shipping notice.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

Price today for the 75th Gold ? Dealer friend & employee scored 2 Golds...Already sold to 2 whale customers> @CoinMeUp said:

@Raufus said:

WOW a $500 profit for the Gold how generous. This whole thing just sucks. I think that the Mint is doing an exceptional job driving their base out of the hobby.

Every time there is a rare coin sold by the mint people claim they are done. Yet they keep coming back for every hot release. :D

BTW, i whiffed on the gold. i'll be back for next hot release just like everyone else on here. Let's stop being dramatic.

! ebay seller has 8 Gold 75th for sale

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

All that got their shipping notice already did you have fast shipping or economy?

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@Mgarmy said:
    All that got their shipping notice already did you have fast shipping or economy?

Economy.

• Options
    wyze_guywyze_guy Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 3:41PM

@Mgarmy said:

Mine arrives Monday.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still> @Jhampton92 said:

I received a gold on initial launch. Was ecstatic, however yesterday got email that was cancelled due to item no longer being available. Imagine my frustration discovering that they're restocking gold even though cancelling mine from being out of stock. Makes no sense and customer support is of no help lol

Just adds to this being the WORST LAUNCE EVER. SUCH a disaster. Sorry dude. Can't imagine. I know that I'm profoundly bummed that as a collector w/zero interest in flipping I'll be shut out where there are pages of listings on ebay from flippers.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

That is awesome. Mine is still processing so still sweating it out

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    edited November 7, 2020 3:50PM

One specific question please for the lucky dogs who've been able to purchase a coin loaded in their cart the prior day.

How, specifically, do you snag it? Do you refresh until you see it's in stock then go to check out OR do you reset and hover over the cart until (and if?) the out of stock text in the below photo goes away?

In some prior issues an item in the cart that went out of stock was an invalid item that could never be purchased. This has changed obviously this time.

Thanks very much for any info!

• Options
    djmdjm Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    This one benefits charity (lol):

Probably donating $1 to the charity, just to get the icon

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

My order has confirmed but not shipped yet... :#

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

@Mgarmy said:

Did you get the order confirmation email? If so you should be good. Can’t imagine how they’re doing it to ship out 70k+ individual packages, especially during COVID.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 4:32PM

@Mgarmy said:

Checked economy but one thing the Mint got right - economy = Priority Mail for us in Hawaii & Alaska

• Options

@Raufus said:
    Still> @Jhampton92 said:

I received a gold on initial launch. Was ecstatic, however yesterday got email that was cancelled due to item no longer being available. Imagine my frustration discovering that they're restocking gold even though cancelling mine from being out of stock. Makes no sense and customer support is of no help lol

Just adds to this being the WORST LAUNCE EVER. SUCH a disaster. Sorry dude. Can't imagine. I know that I'm profoundly bummed that as a collector w/zero interest in flipping I'll be shut out where there are pages of listings on ebay from flippers.

Only hope for you is being a friend of a congressman. Even that may not help.

• Options

@Raufus said:
    This one benefits charity (lol):

The sellers Retirement Fund ?

• Options

@wyze_guy said:

@Mgarmy said:

Did you get the order confirmation email? If so you should be good. Can’t imagine how they’re doing it to ship out 70k+ individual packages, especially during COVID.

Yep got confirmation email and it shows processing so still have hope

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

No ship yet.

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

@Mgarmy said:

@wyze_guy said:

@Mgarmy said:

Yep got confirmation email and it shows processing so still have hope

Yeah you’re good though I understand your anxiety. Felt the same last year when I was able to snag an ERP on the second day. I had to wait about 5 weeks to actually see it as I sent it out for grading as soon as I got it.
    I was hoping to snag the gold piece this year so I changed the shipping to Next Day prior to ordering which is why it’s arriving on Monday.

• Options

I got the confirmation Thursday evening and the shipping notice around noon today (for silver). I get free economy shipping.

• Options
    MrSmithMrSmith Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 5:07PM

Got shipment notice today (sat). Economy. Silver

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

what I think is so strange is that the PF70 are fetching in excess of 1200 while the raw are only 500

• Options

Have there actually been graded PF 70’s already. I think that will really drive up prices if the pf 70’s are not as prevalent as they were with the ERP

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

@matt_dac said:
    Just got my shipping confirmation (silver). Phew...

so when did you "order your coin" time and date
    and what was your confirmation #
    please block out the last 4 numbers of your order so I can compare mine
    mine is USM0846XXXX
    trying to figure who was the first and who maybe the last
    This was the first time that I was able to get a limited coin from the mint
    I will start a new shipping thread on this subject

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

What's the guess on the average price raw and 70 for the gold on feebay in one year?? Think they'll come down at all?

• Options

A lot depends on the grades and numbers of 70’s etc. the Gold will remain stupid high

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PipestonePete said:

@jmlanzaf said:
    Same dance this morning. I had a silver in cart. Became available. Clicked pay. "Processing" then came back with "page unavailable". When I tried to check out a second time. BANNED!

Check your " Order History" in your account page. The same thing happened to me and now it appears that the order was placed.

Nope.

It's done the same thing every day. Doesn't go through.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mgarmy said:
    It came today?

Yes

• Options
    edited November 7, 2020 6:51PM

@WAYNEAS said:

@matt_dac said:

mine is USM0846XXXX

I think I was the first to post on here getting an order number actual confirmation not just an order placed email. USM08103XXX @ 14:15 ET. My email doesn't go back far enough to see the order placed email. My memory is the order was placed about 12:15 ET to 12:20 ET.

• Options

My order went through around 12:25 ET after spending 25 minutes “playing “ with their website. I was just about to give up and just buy the coin from a vendor when it finally went through.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:

@WAYNEAS said:

@matt_dac said:

mine is USM0846XXXX

I think I was the first to post on here getting an order number actual confirmation not just an order placed email. USM08103XXX @ 14:15 ET. My email doesn't go back far enough to see the order placed email. My memory is the order was placed about 12:15 ET to 12:20 ET.

according to my calculation that means 36k have been sold
    thanks for your update

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

Or 36,000 orders. In my contemplation to buy the gold I considered splitting orders for gold and silver to separate orders. The ciaos at noon ET sent me to silver only which was hair raising enough for me.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    It’s sad when you buy something, your credit card is charged, you get an order acknowledgment and confirmation, and yet you can’t trust getting what you bought until you get a shipping notice.

I've never heard of that happening. Has someone had a legitimate, confirmed order (within all mint policies) cancelled after their credit card is charged?

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:

@matt_dac said:

mine is USM0846XXXX

0813 for me

• Options

I received the first "order received" email at 11:31, which means my order went through a couple minutes before so I was pleasantly surprised when I received the shipping email Friday evening.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    What's the guess on the average price raw and 70 for the gold on feebay in one year?? Think they'll come down at all?

Dealer friend says $20,000+ for the 1st 70's 75th golds ...that sells ...reason dealers buying what they can... no risk big gain with 70
    2 years from now ...price will be lower for the silver ..flat/lower for the gold

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

silver was there for a second, no gold

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

15 seconds this morning never on Sunday before. They are truly #ucking with us. Never even got it in the cart.

• Options
    edited November 8, 2020 5:33AM

Gold there for a second. Was SO close w PayPal this am. Sold out by 0731 at final conf. Anyone get one?

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tried this morning...the silver was available briefly but then I was "rate limited" and couldn't get the order processed. US Mint is ridiculous. Anyone trying is wasting their time...was only available for less than a minute today.

• Options

Was flying thru PP. Then asked address. Too late. Has anyone been able to check out w PP not having to confirm any address?

• Options

I had cart up refreshing on phone and never had gold show as available.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 5:42AM

I saw gold available for a split second. Tried but no dice.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
  • Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 5:39AM

@Tetromibi said:

I had the gold show as available a few seconds after 7:30 and I got to place order and it said my order was being processed, then I got sent back to the shopping cart page and shows the gold as not available but in my cart. At least I never got banned today.

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay class. Pick up your pencils and begin...STOP. pencils down. Did anyone finish?

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

They put the rate limiting on the log in page only today. A better solution to be sure but still problematic as I now can't log into my account at all.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 5:40AM

Agree, first time remainders have showed up on Sunday. I tapped the red button many times to no avail. The screen never changed...

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options

@olympicsos said:

@Tetromibi said:

I had the gold show as available a few seconds after 7:30 and I got to place order and it said my order was being processed, then I got sent back to the shopping cart page and shows the gold as not available but in my cart. At least I never got banned today.

Next time I won't wait for it to show available, just gonna submit order sometime in the few seconds after 0730. Maybe that'll work.

Guessing there won't be many more chances on these, if any.

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Coins have been available on a sunday morning before, but it's been a few years.

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:

@olympicsos said:

@Tetromibi said:

Next time I won't wait for it to show available, just gonna submit order sometime in the few seconds after 0730. Maybe that'll work.

Guessing there won't be many more chances on these, if any.

You cant submit order without going to final review and it won't let you go to final review with an invalid item.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file