Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my shipping notice as well

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020 4:36PM

@Kliao said:
    The mint purposely put the HHL for only 24 hours. It was in one of their press releases.

I'm still seeing the HHL limit on my screen.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:

ditto

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did anyone get a gold today?

Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still angry at the fact we were all being BANNED. Really? For how long? Sign in again....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

CloudFlare just keeping you safe....banning and blocking all attempts at purchase. Stopping bots, robots, and collectors everywhere.

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of the first EBay auctions with confirmation order just sold at $500.

• Options
    fox9487fox9487 Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

@WAYNEAS said:

@BearlyHere said:
    Clear cache and cookies to lift the ban.
    Took me an hour yesterday, including half an hour in the cart, but finally got the silver. Got a second one for my son and to the cart but they ran out before I could complete the second check out.
    I'm happy, i wanted the coin and not the flip.
    Praying for a 70.

be very careful when trying to get a second coin
    the mint will cancel all of your orders if they see the same I/P address used or the same mailing address
    They enforce the 1 per household rule
    There was so much mentioned about this subject on last years ASE limited edition coin
    best to use a second computer and a different type of payment or credit card
    best of luck

I have never needed "to use a second computer". IP has nothing to do with it from my experience, including this issue. One per household is just that......what if you have more then one house and the payment method associated with each house is different billing and mailing address, then you are just fine.

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VanHalen said:

@Kliao said:
    The mint purposely put the HHL for only 24 hours. It was in one of their press releases.

The HHL was removed earlier today. Seems like they put it back.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    SeatedTonersSeatedToners Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

this morning was a big tease. i got so excited to add the gold to my cart, and then it was frozen. clicked confirm order and it said don't refresh and dont click back. but then the screen just went blank. I was crossing my fingers hoping for a confirmation email but one never came. will try again another day.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I also got shipping notice email.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,417 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020 6:17PM

@VanHalen said:

@Kliao said:

after seeing my early post of no HH, the mint realized their mistake and corrected it
    Here is my original post that was copied from the mint site:

did anybody notice that there is now a no household limit on the gold and silver coins?
    I just copied these from the mint web site 4:23 Eastern Standard Time.
    Do you think that when they open up the item so it can be put into your bag that the household limit becomes one?
    If not someone is going to buy all of the remaining coins. LOL

GOLD
    Item Number: 20XE
    Mintage Limit: 1945
    Product Limit: 1945
    Household Order Limit: None

SILVER
    Item Number: 20XF
    Mintage Limit: 75,000
    Product Limit: 75,000
    Household Order Limit: None
    here is a full page copy and posted by

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

I show household limit 1 as well.

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JeffM said:
    Here is just one of the reasons for the MInt's website traffic. These speculators, who have no interest in coins except as an item to make a profit, are ruining it for true collectors:

**_Deal: Make $62 & $525 For Buying Two US Mint Coins Thursday

The U.S. Mint is going to be releasing their End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof Coin and End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Gold Proof Coin on Thursday, making both hot items for collectors.

As I’m not a coin collector, I don’t have much interest in this, however PFS Buyers Club, which is a coin buying service is offering a $62.05 profit for the Silver Coin and a $525.05 profit for the Gold coin for those who are interested in buying the coin from the U.S. Mint.

Additionally, you’ll earn about $83 in credit card spending for the Silver coin, and $2,550 in credit card spending for the Gold coin since the U.S. Mint accepts credit cards, so if you’re looking for some free manufactured spending, or in need to meet a minimum spend requirement, then this is another reason why you may be interested._**

WOW a $500 profit for the Gold how generous. This whole thing just sucks. I think that the Mint is doing an exceptional job driving their base out of the hobby.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@Raufus said:

WOW a $500 profit for the Gold how generous. This whole thing just sucks. I think that the Mint is doing an exceptional job driving their base out of the hobby.

Every time there is a rare coin sold by the mint people claim they are done. Yet they keep coming back for every hot release. :D

BTW, i whiffed on the gold. i'll be back for next hot release just like everyone else on here. Let's stop being dramatic.

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020 7:54PM

Not me. If they do one more in the Current ASE design, I will buy it to complete the series but if they do not for whatever reason then I am done with the series as I have competed it and will pick a new series from yesteryear when the mint sucked less and the flip vampires had yet to infect the earth

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options

@CoinMeUp said:

@Raufus said:

Every time there is a rare coin sold by the mint people claim they are done. Yet they keep coming back for every hot release. :D

BTW, i whiffed on the gold. i'll be back for next hot release just like everyone else on here. Let's stop being dramatic.

I respectfully disagree. Collecting is supposed to be fun. This was exasperating. It really turned me off. I can absolutely see leaving the hobby with more of this.

• Options

@Raufus said:

@CoinMeUp said:

@Raufus said:

I respectfully disagree. Collecting is supposed to be fun. This was exasperating. It really turned me off. I can absolutely see leaving the hobby with more of this.

be honest. next time there is another limited release where you know the price will be multiples of what it's selling for will you try to get it?

• Options

@CoinMeUp said:

@Raufus said:

@CoinMeUp said:

@Raufus said:

be honest. next time there is another limited release where you know the price will be multiples of what it's selling for will you try to get it?

I'd likely give a try. However, that's different from active collecting. If they drive collectors away w stuff like this they loose in the end as most stuff is not like this.

Its incredible how many golds are on ebay while the vast majority of collectors here were shut out.

• Options

One ebay in Canada already has the gold in hand. Ugh

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

If this follows many of the patterns of these limited items, here's what I would expect:

1. Huge rush to get one from the mint. Crashes, frustration, exuberance if successful, etc.
    2. Flipping starts. Prices start high.
    3. People get confirmations. If enough get them early enough, prices dip slightly.
    4. More people decide they want one, prices rebound again.
    5. Those that get them early, in hand, flip them and, for those early ones, price start up.
    6. People submit. First ones to 70 usually command a very good premium.
    7. The more that get graded, prices start going lower.
    8. If the demand is sufficient, once these get more widespread noticed (our forum is not a general make-up of the collecting market, no matter what we think, and MANY people who collect SAEs probably haven't heard about these yet), then prices go back up.
    9. Raw will settle between 69 and 70 grades. Early release/1st strike/1st day of issue will command a premium

It's happened every time. Eventually, very limited, but popular, issues DO see a dip but the upper end grades usually see the prices climb again.

Given that the series is changing, people will view this as the end of set (yes, there will be the same look, non-privy and just bullion I do believe, early in the 2021 year, before it is replaced with the new look 2021-forward) and the prices could go up because of that. Time will tell. I do think 70s will command $1000+ soon, and in a longer term, even if they dip for a few moments.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

in stock, got rate limited and banned...fun

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

anyone here actually get the gold?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,677 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 5:38AM

@Kliao said:
    I don't understand why they lifted the HHL. It was stated that it wouldn't be lifted for the 2019S ERP....

. Traditionally, the HHL last for 24 hours and then is lifted and bulk buyers can place orders.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

The gold was available for a moment this morning. I got one in the bag, but the site slowed on checkout. After entering credit card, and proceeding to final review, an error came back that the item was no longer available and had to be removed from cart before proceeding. Drats!

The silver is showing available now.

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options

The HHL is Zero. You put one in your cart, try to pay, and they ban you. LOL

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    Got to last processing order then crash. If you guys would quit trying I could get through 🤪

for gold or silver?

• Options

Same dance this morning. I had a silver in cart. Became available. Clicked pay. "Processing" then came back with "page unavailable". When I tried to check out a second time. BANNED!

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

SOS this morning.
    Processing, then back to payment page.
    Try again tomorrow.

• Options
    jerseyralphjerseyralph Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

I had a gold in the cart from previous day. Pressed final review at correct time. No longer available. I am giving up on gold. Will try for silver tomorrow.

Only time will tell whether platinum is king.
  • Options

I got locked off right off the bat on one device (u*b).
    As soon as silver became available id hit add to cart but system was frozen and totally nonresponsive.
    Eventually was able to get thru farther. It NEVER rembers the CC even though its saved (anyone else see this)?
    Finally got to confirm and of course sold out.
    Yet, I'm sure some got silver and perhaps gold.
    I have super fast internet. No idea how some get one yet I can't get thru. No idea what I'm missing here.
    Whomever got the gold today is one lucky dog.
    Its unbelievable that the site still locks up. The traffic at 0730 has to be a small fraction of when released.
    What a total waste of time.

• Options

@jerseyralph said:
    I had a gold in the cart from previous day. Pressed final review at correct time. No longer available. I am giving up on gold. Will try for silver tomorrow.

I dont think it ever let's u buy one left in cart if the item went unavailable. Its an invalid item.

• Options

It has to be in the cart already to have a real chance for these morning releases. And the CC is not being saved, you have to enter it.

• Options

@jerseyralph said:

Exactly what I did today. Useless.

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 7, 2020 5:47AM

BTW, the HHL was in place:

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

gold just now went to unavailable, tried probably 30 times to checkout on cell phone, no dice

• Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭

I went to place order, it said it was processing and then I got banned.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kept trying. No dice.

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jclovescoins said:

@JimTyler said:
    Got to last processing order then crash. If you guys would quit trying I could get through 🤪

for gold or silver?

Gold got silver already.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto - gold in bag - instantly unable to checkout of course.

• Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some janitor is sitting at the mint right now with a sandwich hanging out of his mouth laughing so hard he’s spitting sandwich on the screen.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    Kept trying. No dice.

+1

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

Anyone had luck checking out with PayPal?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file