Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

End of World War II 75th Anniversary American Eagle Silver Proof (20XF) & Gold Proof Coin (20XE)

Comments

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    Still has add to bag red button.

This has been this way for me every morning. There are like two points of time in my opinion. Immediate where upon refresh and in stock and order placement is tried and then the lingering minutes later. The lingering minutes is long enough for dozens of order submittal requests where it kicks you back out and you have some home but you are not expecting it to take but you keep going anyway just in case. Anything that is accepted for an order is within the first minute or two.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mbogoman said:
    Holy cow! I don't believe it! I got a gold! It took a minute and a half, with three attempts at getting the CC page to stick, but it eventually went through to Confirm. The Confirm step spun for a while, then up came the order confirmation page with order number.

And I had zip in my bag to begin the morning. It took three refreshes to even get the "Add to Bag" to show up. Is everyone else asleep?!? ;)

Incredible. I was in and processing in less than a minute and got kicked back. Congrats. I really thought I had it. Sounds like I got kicked out before u got yours. Ugh. Crazy.

Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

@Tetromibi said:
    Just received second email confirming order. Think I'm good.

Me too. Wow!

• Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:
    Just received second email confirming order. Think I'm good.

Me, too. Fingers are crossed...

• Options
    edited November 9, 2020 6:00AM

So.crazy. Sounds like I was processing well before some others who got it.

Happy for u guys. Sounds like the best day ever. Zip for me. Really thought I was good. Beyond frustrating.

Did anyone get one that had been saved in a cart?

• Options
    jerseyralphjerseyralph Posts: 115 ✭✭✭

You think the US Mint has the only website problems. Fidelity app has been down and still down

Only time will tell whether platinum is king.
  • Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2020 6:03AM

@Raufus said:

Happy for u guys. Sounds like the best day ever. Zip for me. Really thought I was good. Beyond frustrating.

Yes, saved in cart. Tried to submit while it still had the "item not available" thing up. No dice. Had to refresh and submit.

• Options

@Raufus said:

@mbogoman said:
    Holy cow! I don't believe it! I got a gold! It took a minute and a half, with three attempts at getting the CC page to stick, but it eventually went through to Confirm. The Confirm step spun for a while, then up came the order confirmation page with order number.

And I had zip in my bag to begin the morning. It took three refreshes to even get the "Add to Bag" to show up. Is everyone else asleep?!? ;)

Incredible. I was in and processing in less than a minute and got kicked back. Congrats. I really thought I had it. Sounds like I got kicked out before u got yours. Ugh. Crazy.

I thought I had it and then I got kicked out too. Got right back on it trying again and boom... the screen I did not expect to see this late in minute two... order summary receipt.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:
    Got a gold :grin:

@mbogoman said:

Congrats!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the few who got gold today.

Did the silver show as available today too?

• Options

I thought I got a gold too. The order was processing then it started to go to another page so I held my breath. Only to be disappointed by the page not being found 😭😭😭

Collector

• Options

@Tetromibi said:

@Raufus said:

Yes, saved in cart. Tried to submit while it still had the "item not available" thing up. No dice. Had to refresh and submit.

I'm still dumbfounded as to how my order got through. Nothing in my cart to start. Had to enter the various addresses multiple times, had to enter my CC and enter the "3-digit code" every time, had to select the confirm box every time - like I said before, it was at least a minute and a half from start until it got confirmed. Totally amazing!

• Options

@Raufus said:

Was already in the cart. I had Paypal ready to play. I entered all address info into the checkout screen minutes before the release and had it ready to go. when I hit refresh all data is que'd and ready except the item is no longer available still and I can't click on submit order. I then refresh till it shows in stock and I jump on that accept terms check box and hit submit. Talking mere seconds from in stock to submit. But it still took me three attempts today.

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

@matt_dac said:
    Congrats on the few who got gold today.

Did the silver show as available today too?

Silver was available, I made it to 'Place Order' NLA...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

@mbogoman said:

I thought I had it and then I got kicked out too. Got right back on it trying again and boom... the screen I did not expect to see this late in minute two... order summary receipt.

I tried immediately again no luck.

• Options
    edited November 9, 2020 6:14AM

@Tetromibi said:

@Raufus said:

Can u elaborate? You refreshed until it no longer said unavailable when u hovered over the cart and then checked out? Thx

Can't imagine how elated u guys are. 0 for 5 days for me

• Options
    GoldminersGoldminers Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

Was already in the cart. I had Paypal ready to play. I entered all address info into the checkout screen minutes before the release and had it ready to go. when I hit refresh all data is que'd and ready except the item is no longer available still and I can't click on submit order. I then refresh till it shows in stock and I jump on that accept terms check box and hit submit. Talking mere seconds from in stock to submit. But it still took me three attempts today.

Thanks so much for info.

When u str refreshing till says in stock meaning u have coin up and are watching the box under the coin, not the unavailable language in the cart?

• Options

When u guys have the processing order spinning in one window do u try same in another ?

• Options

@Raufus said:
    When u guys have the processing order spinning in one window do u try same in another ?

I didn't.

• Options

@Raufus said:

No, I have done that before and it just slows me down. I focused on one connection, one line. I also did not want too many connections running from my IP to the mint server.

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

Congrats to all. Since so many got it I wonder if that was the final 200 they had left.

• Options
    edited November 9, 2020 6:36AM

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks so much for info.

When u str refreshing till says in stock meaning u have coin up and are watching the box under the coin, not the unavailable language in the cart?

If you go right now and look in your cart and try to check out you get the error that the coin is not available. You can only go so far without removing it from cart. This is the point I refresh until the cart shows the coin as available instead of not available. At this point you are now allowed to submit your order. Don't forget to check the terms box and then jump on that order button.

Edited to add and clarify: I do not have a tab open for and I don't look at the coin page. I am only looking at my cart, my one and only view point is within the cart.

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Got a gold too. Can't shake the too-good-to-be-true feeling. Suspish!

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone determined how long your account/access remains locked out?

• Options
    edited November 9, 2020 6:34AM

@92vette said:
    Got a gold too. Can't shake the too-good-to-be-true feeling. Suspish!

Congrats! That makes 8 then.

Collector

• Options
    coinercoiner Posts: 431 ✭✭✭

I got one Gold Sat morning. Confirmed order, PAYPAL pinged. Still waiting for shipment.
    I think its just luck period. No real method at all. If you get the "order processing" just hold your breath and cross your fingers......you are that close......

• Options

Wow. Incredible day for so many. Hsppy 4 u all. I was clearly inside of the time in which some got it. Incredibly frustrating. I just can't imagine how much scoring one must make your day.

Just sucks when it's processing. All looks good and nothing

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

Same here, and I got the Gold finally! Had Silver one processing order in another browser, but it failed. At least I got the good one, and already received order confirmed email. Last 2 days I was on their banned list and couldn't even sign-in, but today their browser check finally let me thru. I'm stoked, because I have a very slow connection out in the boonies and down in a blocked canyon. My fingers were so nervous I couldn't click the terms box right.

• Options

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

@Batman23 said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks so much for info.

If you go right now and look in your cart and try to check out you get the error that the coin is not available. You can only go so far without removing it from cart. This is the point I refresh until the cart shows the coin as available instead of not available. At this point you are now allowed to submit your order. Don't forget to check the terms box and then jump on that order button.

Edited to add and clarify: I do not have a tab open for and I don't look at the coin page. I am only looking at my cart, my one and only view point is within the cart.

Thank u!

• Options
    92vette92vette Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

My sense is the morning traffic has fallen off dramatically since Friday; a lot of people and bots have given up. This has to increase one's odds, especially when the mint may drop random amounts in greater quantities on certain days.

• Options

@JimTyler said:

@Goldminers said:
    Gold down $56, below $1,890 again. :/

Gee thank goodness my order didn’t go through

It will be "only" $2,500 to get this V in a few days for the 3 or 4 left to buy.

• Options
    edited November 9, 2020 6:57AM

If you actually collect gold eagles, a $75 gold drop is a big deal in one day, and no laughing matter.

Same with getting this coin to complete a set. If you are in it just to flip, you don't care at all, and move on to the next game.

• Options

Sounds like more people got it than not today. I have just had the worst imaginable luck with this issue. That today seemed to be the best day to try makes it all the more frustrating. Judy don't get y I was booted today.

Thanks for all the info.

• Options
    edited November 9, 2020 7:13AM

@Raufus said:
    Sounds like more people got it than not today. I have just had the worst imaginable luck with this issue. That today seemed to be the best day to try makes it all the more frustrating. Judy don't get y I was booted today.

Thanks for all the info.

Those that got it probably placed their order milliseconds before bye hence why I got a page not found after placing order :'(

Collector

• Options

@Kliao said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks for all the info.

Those that got it probably placed their order milliseconds before bye hence why I got a page not found after placing order :'(

@Kliao said:

@Raufus said:

Thanks for all the info.

From what I've read of others who got them i think I was in before some of them and I was processing only to get nothing

• Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2020 7:29AM

I was locked out after refreshing 3 times...is anyone else getting banned after only 3 refreshes? That's nuts!

Plus...why is the site being metered when only a fraction of overall capacity is being used at that moment???

Plus...if you're logged in, the system knows that you're a "real" customer and not a bot.

• Options

Based on posts so far looks like 6 got it and 11 not.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RichR said:
    I was locked out after refreshing 3 times...is anyone else getting banned after only 3 refreshes? That's nuts!

Plus...why is the site being metered when only a fraction of overall capacity is being used at that moment???

Plus...if you're logged in, the system knows that you're a "real" customer and not a bot.

Don't bots log in?

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Raufus said:
    Based on posts so far looks like 6 got it and 11 not.

I also did not

• Options
    Danno44Danno44 Posts: 172 ✭✭✭

Neither did I and it’s still in my cart. Same story get to processing order then dumped out.
    Now I have to remove it from cart if I want to order anything today.

• Options
    Dollar2007Dollar2007 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭

I got a gold this morning too. Site acted differently today but that was evidently a good thing because after a couple errors I got a confirmation page. Sorry I didn’t join in the excitement here earlier, I tried to get a little more sleep.

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2020 8:18AM

I thought I'd get through this morning but didn't. Had a weird error where it cleared my payment information, and I had to go back and add again. Just bad luck. :(

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    nagsnags Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats to those that got one this morning.

It does seem odd that there would be this many available. The CC declines should have been available last Friday. Would these be violation of household limit cancelations possibly?

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well there is one more silver avl. Found out this morning my wife had gotten me one for a Christmas present, she did not know I had ordered one as well. I called the mint and cancelled mine. Both my wife and mine were listed as shipping but mine had not been picked up yet so they cancelled it. Cannot complain about flippers over collectors and then screw over a fellow ASE collector. Good luck guys.

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a silver Thursday. Got confirmation email, processing.
    CC pinged, pending through yesterday.
    Today, no sign of the order on CC.
    Still processing on Mint site though.... :#

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2020 8:44AM

Elaborating further, every time I clicked the final button it would spit me back to the payment step as I mentioned, with a red note that read 'Due to the value of your order, signature will be required upon delivery. Once an order is placed, the shipping address cannot be modified'. I did not change my address and was logged in with my saved address. Did others see such a note when they were unable to confirm the buy? Edit - I think it's a standard message everyone sees....

• Options
    DelawareDoonsDelawareDoons Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭✭✭

@matt_dac said:
    Elaborating further, every time I clicked the final button it would spit me back to the payment step as I mentioned, with a red note that read 'shipping address on a high value item cannot be changed' once ordered. I did not change my address and was logged in with my saved address. Did others see such a note when they were unable to confirm the buy?

Yes. That was the first hiccup I encountered.

Professional Numismatist. "It's like God, Family, Country, except Sticker, Plastic, Coin."

• Options
    MgarmyMgarmy Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine just spun and said something like processing order and the. Would go back to the order screen

100% positive transactions with SurfinxHI, bigole, 1madman, collectorcoins, proofmorgan, Luke Marshall, silver pop, golden egg, point five zero,coin22lover, alohagary, blaircountycoin,joebb21

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file