Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The OFFICIAL COINSTAR FINDS THREAD

Comments

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,909 ✭✭✭✭✭

No silver yet, but found this a few minutes ago.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

860 Costa Rican Colones. Worth about $1.25. Looked good at first.

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Yesterday I found three quarters in the reject slot... all new, no silver....But hey, beats a poke in the eye... :D Cheers, RickO

If you can find doughnut money, that's good too!

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ you can’t be serious a barber quarter!?!

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    gargoyle62gargoyle62 Posts: 268 ✭✭✭

@Kliao said:
    ^ you can’t be serious a barber quarter!?!

Surprised the heck out of me for sure. At first I thought it may be fake as there's absolutely no reeding left, but I'm hoping it's real.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow...That is indeed a remarkable coinstar haul.... I have never found a Barber coin in a coinstar....Overall, silver Rosies and a Barber... great haul. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow. A barber quarter, a silver dime, steel cent, silver Swiss franc, two Canadian dollar coin, and some other stuff.

• Options

@theseos ....Welcome aboard....Nice coinstar find.... Are you a coin collector other than at the coinstar? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ShadyDaveShadyDave Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened to @georgiacop50 and why he was banned?

• Options

@ricko thank you. Used to be a coin collector years ago sold my collection during difficult times. Now just mainly Coinstar

• Options

@bigole said:
    Just left Walmart. Got a nickel and two pennies. But the nickel is a decent 1939-S.

Funny, just found one of those myself at a Coinstar.

Excellent transaction with: ffcoins, Proofmorgan, fivecents, MorganMan94

• Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭

Hopefully yours has fewer rim dings. But still, a nice surprise. You never know what you're going to find.

• Options

@bigole said:
    Hopefully yours has fewer rim dings. But still, a nice surprise. You never know what you're going to find.

A bit better than yours, but not great. VF35 my guess, using photograde.

Excellent transaction with: ffcoins, Proofmorgan, fivecents, MorganMan94

• Options

What a coincidence... I also found a nickel and two cents at the coinstar...a '71 Jefferson and '71 & '77 cents....Cheers,. RickO

• Options

Nice find.... My coinstars (2) have been void of coins for the last week... I guess all the coin jars and sock drawers have been emptied now.... Oh well...will still keep checking for that '55 DDO.... :D;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ballistic_kennedy said:

@bigole said:
    Just left Walmart. Got a nickel and two pennies. But the nickel is a decent 1939-S.

Funny, just found one of those myself at a Coinstar.

That is a really rare circ. find.

• Options
    BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found a nice 1937-D Lincoln in the Bin.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • Options

Wow.... a Barber dime??? I sure do live in a coin deprived area....either that, or all the old collections are in attics or cellars still waiting to be released... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MaineJimMaineJim Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2020 4:46PM

Got these today - been a bit dry lately with my coin star finds.

Jim

• Options
    mark_dakmark_dak Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

About 90% of this Canadian change has come from our local Coinstars. $2, $1 Loonies and a couple silver dimes. Helps that we are just across the bridge or tunnel from Windsor, ON. Think last check was about $18.00 in change.

Have found plenty over the years. American,, wheat Lincolns, silver dimes(Couple mercury dimes), plenty of foreign. Pickings are getting slimmer lately now that the secret is out!

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found a 1927 mercury dime the other day

• Options

Nice finds .... For me, pickings have been zero lately.... maybe the weather is keeping shopping trips short...Not even foreign coins lately. Oh well, maybe today...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

59 Roosie yesterday.

• Options

@DoctorK....Nice way to break the slump.... and a silver quarter as well.... Congratulations... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tomthemailcarrier said:
    Found on a Saturday morning in Michigan.

Awesome!

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,204 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing special but it's the first time I found anything at this Coinstar machine.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

Two days ago...Three zincolns (one badly corroded), five rosies (no silver) and one West Indian dime...then yesterday, one zincoln....Cheers, RickO

• Options

Found two cents stuck together in the reject slot today.... have not separated them yet. One new, the other older... will check and report later. Cheers, RickO

• Options

OK...dug the cents out of my pocket... It is a 2020 cent glued to a 2009 cent... obviously some kids attempt at a two headed coin for flipping....surprised to see a 2020 cent though...Cheers, RickO

• Options

Tried to separate the two cents I found...must be really good glue... tried to pop them apart with a knife in the separation... did not work... I think the next is acetone...Stay tuned for the next thrilling installment of "The Joined Coins Saga" :D Cheers, RickO

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

I periodically, find those as well. I try my darndest to pry them apart. You never know what's hiding? Lol

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Tried to separate the two cents I found...must be really good glue... tried to pop them apart with a knife in the separation... did not work... I think the next is acetone...Stay tuned for the next thrilling installment of "The Joined Coins Saga" :D Cheers, RickO

I've found more than a few dozen of them - sometime I will post a picture of the bag of damaged coins that I have found in coinstars, roll searches, on the ground etc. It is a large like 5 kilogramme bag. Lots of cents, dimes and quarters and even one half dollar. For some reason, maybe the thickness or composition of the nickel - they are not too common to find damaged. Oh, and I have 7 Ike dollars that someone had glued to a poster or something and I cannot figure out how to get the glue off of.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

@SaorAlba....Just a quick question... Have you tried acetone? That will remove most glues since they are organic. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @SaorAlba....Just a quick question... Have you tried acetone? That will remove most glues since they are organic. Cheers, RickO

Yes, I pilfered some from my teenage daughter and it was a no work but got griped at about solution :#

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

@SaorAlba... I imagine what you got from your daughter was nail polish remover... that is NOT pure acetone and will not work nearly as well.... I suggest you get some pure stuff from the hardware store... It comes in handy around coins...and other applications. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @SaorAlba... I imagine what you got from your daughter was nail polish remover... that is NOT pure acetone and will not work nearly as well.... I suggest you get some pure stuff from the hardware store... It comes in handy around coins...and other applications. Cheers, RickO

What about dropping on edge on concrete from shoulder height?

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,158 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 3, 2020 8:22PM

@ms70 said:

@ricko said:

What about dropping on edge on concrete from shoulder height?

How 'bout a small propane blower? Seriously. It might soften the glue/adhesive or whatever loose?
    What I meant was a blow torch.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:

Don't rush it, the ranges will be open again and I'm sure @ricko could hit the coins at 100 yds.

Ps
    just came from my outdoor range, still open. :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file