Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My Kaepernick PC

Just starting this thread to display the cards I have of Kaepernick so far. I'll update as I get new ones in. Officially started to PC him last September, I enjoy looking at other collector's cards/ collections as well, so if you have any CK cards, please feel free to post them up.

I understand that Kaep is a polarizing figure, but I happen to like and collect him. If others don't like him, I understand, but ask that negative comments not be posted.

Comments

• steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2019 11:09AM

How have his prices been affected since the "kneeling" stuff and being out of the league. I would assume cheaper.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Topps Magic auto is a beautiful card.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

@steel75 said:
    How have his prices been affected since the "kneeling" stuff and being out of the league. I would assume cheaper.

Way up.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

I admit they are a nice looking design.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Parkerplenty123Parkerplenty123 Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

@steel75 said:

Initially the prices took a hit, but they've been steadily rising. There definitely is more competition/bidders for his cards now too. I missed out on quite a few of the "high end" cards because of being outbid.

@Kid4hof03 said:
    That Topps Magic auto is a beautiful card.

Thanks man. I agree.

@MrHockey said:

@steel75 said:

Way up.

Definitely moving up!

@2dueces said:
    I admit they are a nice looking design.

Thanks 2dueces!

• steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Had me surprised that they are going up...…….if I had some I would sell, sell, sell

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians

@steel75 said:
    Had me surprised that they are going up...…….if I had some I would sell, sell, sell

And here am I, got quite a bit, but still looking for more.

All base and inserts so far.....

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good stuff!

Daniel
  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is RAINING Colin Kaepernick cards inside this thread. Partly cloudy with a heavy chance of Colin. I admire your dedication.

@BaltimoreYankee said:
    Good stuff!

Thanks BaltimoreYankee!

@doubledragon said:
    It is RAINING Colin Kaepernick cards inside this thread. Partly cloudy with a heavy chance of Colin. I admire your dedication.

Thanks doubledragon! Your forecast really put a smile on my face.

edited September 29, 2019 8:43AM

Posting the rest of the autographs I have to date. I'll update the thread with future pickups.

• DougGlattDougGlatt Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2019 4:53AM

Awesome collection.. My buddy had a ton of his stuff including game worn Nevada jersey's and footballs from him he got going to games.. He was also a huge collector of his, but sold right after the kneeling. Funny how his things are now climbing in value.

• @DougGlatt said:
    Awesome collection.. My buddy had a ton of his stuff including game worn Nevada jersey's and footballs from him he got going to games.. He was also a huge collector of his, but sold right after the kneeling. Funny how his things are now climbing in value.

Thanks man! I would love to get my hands on a game used jersey one day.

Adds with a rookie auto (in red).

• rounding3rdrounding3rd Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

That's an impressive player collection so far! Personally, I am still a fan of him...I really like all the autographed cards!

Working on Baseball HOF Autograph Set Registry

@rounding3rd said:
    That's an impressive player collection so far! Personally, I am still a fan of him...I really like all the autographed cards!

Thanks rounding3rd!

A Crown Royale with on card auto, and a card out of Topps Fire.

• mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

It seems to take a LONG time for card collectors to forget that cards are not "worth" what they used to when a player cools off. Not saying Kap is in. that state, but there are players long retired who were once hot and then never fulfilled the hype. I continue to see them (maybe not selling, but asking prices) sitting with high prices.

I still don't get why Puig sells for what he does. The guy is essentially Jeffrey Hammons/Jermaine Dye according to baseball-reference (comparison scores). He is probably never going to perform better than he already has. Why are people still asking/paying high prices for his stuff?

@steel75 said:

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.

@mrmopar said:
    It seems to take a LONG time for card collectors to forget that cards are not "worth" what they used to when a player cools off. Not saying Kap is in. that state, but there are players long retired who were once hot and then never fulfilled the hype. I continue to see them (maybe not selling, but asking prices) sitting with high prices.

I still don't get why Puig sells for what he does. The guy is essentially Jeffrey Hammons/Jermaine Dye according to baseball-reference (comparison scores). He is probably never going to perform better than he already has. Why are people still asking/paying high prices for his stuff?

It tends to take a LONG time because no one wants to spend $500 or more on a card, just to sell it later for 1/2 or 1/4 of what was spent.

Kaep's cards used to sell for what Mahomes and Mayfield cards are selling for now. I was finally able to PC him when the prices were more within my budget. I plan to pick up some of Mahomes autos once the hype dies down.

Just because a player "cools off", it shouldn't mean their cards have to become cheap or close to worthless. Puig also had a cool personality as well, so I'm sure that plays a role in asking prices.

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

It never ceases to amaze me how many cards there are for modern players. And seeing them one after another like this makes me appreciate the people who work on card design. Must be tough to come up with many creative designs year after year.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2019 7:52AM

@AFLfan said:
    It never ceases to amaze me how many cards there are for modern players. And seeing them one after another like this makes me appreciate the people who work on card design. Must be tough to come up with many creative designs year after year.

I’ve been tempted a couple of times to collect the Heritage set, but I usually give up when I realize I can’t even comprehend what a complete set means. Thank God for vintage sets with nice, simple checklists.

@AFLfan said:

It never ceases to amaze me the different styles and designs the card companies come up with. Various base, relic, booklets etc. They even have cards with diamonds, emeralds, and rubies. It will be interesting to see what they come up with next!

@PaulMaul said:

I’ve been tempted a couple of times to collect the Heritage set, but I usually give up when I realize I can’t even comprehend what a complete set means. Thank God for vintage sets with nice, simple checklists.

>

Go for it man! That's what makes collecting fun! It's the chase that makes it exciting. Even though this is a PC, I know I'm not going to get every single card (low and high end), but the fun will be in the chase. Looking at so many members collections on here just fuels the fire!!!

More Kaep's......

• MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

I have these if you want them.

• MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Not sure why the photo is upside down

• CoarsegoldCoarsegold Posts: 132 ✭✭✭

@Moonman said:

It's actually kind of funny considering his career has been upside down for awhile now. Niners looked good today! Defense wins Championships! GO NINERS!!!!

• HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@Coarsegold said:

@Moonman said:

It's actually kind of funny considering his career has been upside down for awhile now. Niners looked good today! Defense wins Championships! GO NINERS!!!!

this

@Moonman said:
    I have these if you want them.

Thanks Moonman! I will gladly take those off your hands!!! PM me to discuss. Thanks man!

Gotta give a big Happy Birthday shout out to Colin! He turns 32 today! This latest pickup has an on card signature with a picture from when he led the 49ers to the Superbowl.

A few more Kaep's...............

A couple more.............

A different variation of Valor and Score Franchise.

Kaepernick Black Friday Auto!

• jmlabonnerjmlabonner Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

@Parkerplenty123 said:
    Kaepernick Black Friday Auto!

That's an awesome collection! I've got one TTM signed card of his 2016 Absolute. Love it!

@jmlabonner said:
    That's an awesome collection! I've got one TTM signed card of his 2016 Absolute. Love it!

Thanks man! I would love to see your TTM Kaep auto. Please feel free to post that bad boy!

• jmlabonnerjmlabonner Posts: 325 ✭✭✭

@Parkerplenty123 said:

@jmlabonner said:

Thanks man! I would love to see your TTM Kaep auto. Please feel free to post that bad boy!

This is it!

@jmlabonner said:

This is it!

Awesome card @jmlabonner!!!!

Two different variations of the same "classics" card. Orange border is serial numbered and the White bordered is not. The other card is from Playoff.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's unbelievable how many cards there are of him. You have one heck of a collection. I can relate. I am the same way about Joe Louis. I've even gone so far as to give my Joe Louis cards their own room. I am the only one allowed in Joe's room. If my wife steps foot in Joe's room, she knows I'll call the cops on her and have her arrested for trespassing. The entrance is also booby trapped with chicken wire. You have a very nice collection!

edited December 9, 2019 7:11PM

@doubledragon said:
    It's unbelievable how many cards there are of him. You have one heck of a collection. I can relate. I am the same way about Joe Louis. I've even gone so far as to give my Joe Louis cards their own room. I am the only one allowed in Joe's room. If my wife steps foot in Joe's room, she knows I'll call the cops on her and have her arrested for trespassing. The entrance is also booby trapped with chicken wire. You have a very nice collection!

Thanks doubledragon! I really appreciate that compliment (especially coming from a dedicated/die-hard collector as yourself). Your Joe Louis collection and pickups are Amazing!!!!

I cant say it enough how encouraging it is when you and other collectors post your rare and hard to find pickups. Especially when you guys pick up cards that you've been trying to find for a long time, and finally got them. Seeing you guys successes really helps me to keep a positive perspective on collecting.

Be grateful your wife allows you to have a room for your Joe Louis cards!! You are blessed!!! Im allowed to have a few cards or so a month. Any more than that, I'm at risk of being thrown out.

edited December 11, 2019 6:00PM

@Moonman said:
    I have these if you want them. !

Big shootout to forum member Moonman! These are the cards he recently sent me. Thank you for your generous gift and helping me to build the PC!

A different version of Draft Picks....nice and shiny!

• AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still blown away by the variety of cards for a man who though highly-touted, has played fewer than 70 games. But it certainly adds to the fun for collectors!

On a somewhat related note, I have been picking up modern cards of my favorite player, Lance Alworth. According to the checklist I have assembled from a few sources, Lance had 33 cards produced during his career, and 602 cards produced since he retired!

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.

@AFLfan said:
    I'm still blown away by the variety of cards for a man who though highly-touted, has played fewer than 70 games. But it certainly adds to the fun for collectors!

On a somewhat related note, I have been picking up modern cards of my favorite player, Lance Alworth. According to the checklist I have assembled from a few sources, Lance had 33 cards produced during his career, and 602 cards produced since he retired!

I totally agree man!

It's gonna be fun trying to get as many different Kaepernick cards as possible. Its incredible that Lance Alworth had more cards produced in retirement than when he was actually playing. Thats some hobby love right there! With the additional 603 cards produced, you will definitely have a more robust variety of cards to chase and add to the collection.

Gotta give a Big Shout Out to fellow forum member LarkinCollector! He sent me the below Kaepernick cards!!! Thank you so much for your kind and generous gesture in helping me to build my PC.

edited December 25, 2019 12:34PM

It's a nice gift to unwrap!

Another rookie and Score pickup!

• CoarsegoldCoarsegold Posts: 132 ✭✭✭

Whenever I hear the Nine Inch Nails song Mr Self Destruct I think of Kap. Just out of curiosity,what do you think he was trying to accomplish from his recent tryout?

Go NINERS! Defense wins Championships.