Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Kaepernick PC

Comments

• Options
    Parkerplenty123Parkerplenty123 Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭

@Griffins said:
    Amazing collection! I don’t collect modern and am blown away by the level of dedication exhibited by collections like this.

Thanks Griffins!

• Options

Adding a Kaepernick Absolute Patches!

• Options

Adding two more jersey cards, both with Kaep and Kendall Hunter! One is from Topps Prime, and the other from Bowman Sterling!

• Options

Adding two more jersey cards to the PC! One from Certified Fabric of the game (RC), and the other from Absolute Tools of the Trade!

• Options

Adding another Kaepernick Rookies and Stars. Love the design/ die-cut on this one!

• Options
    Mo_MentumMo_Mentum Posts: 167 ✭✭✭

@Moonman said:
    Not sure why the photo is upside down

It's not. They're error cards; printed upside down. As are the backs. :p

• Options
    BigTex22BigTex22 Posts: 38 ✭✭✭
    edited July 30, 2021 12:35PM

• Options
    philographerphilographer Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's an amazing collection and congratulations on your accomplishment! This is true passion. B)

He who knows he has enough is rich.

• Options

@philographer said:
    It's an amazing collection and congratulations on your accomplishment! This is true passion. B)

Thanks man! I appreciate that!

• Options

Adding a Kaepernick Absolute Ink Auto /5!!!

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Parkerplenty123 said:
    Adding a Kaepernick Absolute Patches!

Really dig this one!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

Adding a Kaep Spectra Gold Refractor /10 and a Crown Royale Knights of the Gridiron Jersey Card!

• Options
    edited August 28, 2021 12:05PM

Adding another Kaepernick Donruss Elite Rookie autographed card! This is the "Status" version numbered to 24! I already have the base version and the "Turn Of The Century" version /199. This one has a mild die-cut to it.

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many Kaep auto cards do you figure you have? Gotta be a ton by now.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

@AFLfan said:
    How many Kaep auto cards do you figure you have? Gotta be a ton by now.

Hi Todd!

58 autos so far!

• Options

Wow! That's pretty amazing.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options

@AFLfan said:
    Wow! That's pretty amazing.

Thanks man! There are still some pieces I want to add.

• Options

Really cool stuff man. Do like him or just investing in him?

• Options

@PandaIgot said:
    Really cool stuff man. Do like him or just investing in him?

Thanks man! I like and have alot of respect for him. I started collecting him back in September 2018.

• Options

Went graded this time!!! Adding a Kaepernick SP Authentic Rookie with autograph and Jersey!

• Options

Big congratulations to Kaepernick on his induction into UNR's Hall of Fame!!! Adding to the PC a Immaculate Ink auto from his playing days there!!!

• Options

Adding two more cards to the PC. A Kaep Monday Night Heroes and a Crown Royale DieCut recognizing Breast Cancer Awareness!

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

seriously amazing Kaep collections. I think I have around 10 auto cards of his in some box located somewhere which I now have no idea where it is. If I manage to find them I will have to take a picture and post it here.

• Options

@ArtVandelay said:
    seriously amazing Kaep collections. I think I have around 10 auto cards of his in some box located somewhere which I now have no idea where it is. If I manage to find them I will have to take a picture and post it here.

Thanks @ArtVandelay! When you find them, feel free to post them up! I love seeing other people's Kaepernick cards!

• Options

Adding to the PC a Kaep Clear Vision Jersey Card!

• Options

Adding another Kaep Gold Diecut Prizm to the PC! I already have a blue one that looks just like it.

• Options

Giving a Happy Birthday Shout Out to Colin! He turns 34 today!

• Options

Adding a extra large card of Kaep. I already have the "normal" size version of this card. I posted a normal sized card next to it for comparison!

• Options

A box topper of sorts?

• Options

@AFLfan said:
    A box topper of sorts?

Hey there Todd! Thanks for dropping that knowledge on the type of card this is! After reading your comment, I did a quick internet search and found out that card is indeed called a box topper!

I've already put that bad boy away!

• Options

Adding another Kaepernick RC! This time a Leaf Draft Auto!

• Options

Adding some more to the PC.....

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts of cashing out your Kaep collection? I have to imagine you’re in the green by a substantial amount based on his following. Like a payoff-your-home type of amount.

I am not sure he will have the cultural significance of, say, Jackie Robinson or Rosa Parks. Maybe an opportunity to strike while the iron is hot and he is still in the public eye to some degree.

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

@Ahmanfan said:
    Any thoughts of cashing out your Kaep collection? I have to imagine you’re in the green by a substantial amount based on his following. Like a payoff-your-home type of amount.

I am not sure he will have the cultural significance of, say, Jackie Robinson or Rosa Parks. Maybe an opportunity to strike while the iron is hot and he is still in the public eye to some degree.

Honestly, I never gave any serious thought about selling. I guess because I'm still on the hunt for more (lol)! Yeah, no one really knows what the future holds , but its really nice to see/know that Kaep has a following that includes and extends beyond sportscards.

• Options
    edited March 13, 2022 1:44PM

Adding a Kaepernick Game Worn Letterman from National Treasures!

• Options

Adding a few more. Love the die-cuts on these.

• Options

Adding another Kaepernick RC! This time a Donruss Elite New Breed!

• Options

This collection of Kaep is second to none. If interested, I have a decent collection of Kaep auto's I might be willing to part with. Just let me know and I can post some pics.

• Options

@ArtVandelay said:
    This collection of Kaep is second to none. If interested, I have a decent collection of Kaep auto's I might be willing to part with. Just let me know and I can post some pics.

Thanks man!

I sent you a pm.

• Options

I already posted the Topps Chrome Base Refractor, the XFractor, and the Topps Base with the white border. Adding 13 more different variations for a total of 16!

• Options

Adding a Blue Certified this time. I already have two other red versions of this same card.

• Options
    Chicago1976Chicago1976 Posts: 462 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally took some time to go through the entire thread...wow. Impressed with the variety and the obvious laser focus and commitment! Just curious...how do you store your collection? Top loaders? Penny sleeves? 9 pocket pages? Shoe box?

• Options

@Chicago1976 said:
    Finally took some time to go through the entire thread...wow. Impressed with the variety and the obvious laser focus and commitment! Just curious...how do you store your collection? Top loaders? Penny sleeves? 9 pocket pages? Shoe box?

Hi,

Thanks for the compliment, and taking the time to check out the PC. I really appreciate that!

The cards are put in penny sleeves, and then into top loaders. Lower end stuff goes are stored in cardboard boxes, and high end stuff in a safe deposit box.

• Options

Adding a Kaepernick Sunday Stars Swatches /5, with a 2 color swatch!

• Options

A Colin Kaepernick 1/1 Limited Monikers auto!!!!

• Options

Adding this Green Score Franchise card of Kaep! I already have the yellow and white versions.

• Options

Adding another Kaep Rookie Auto with a Jersey swatch. Graded this time!

• Options

Adding a Topps Museum Collection card with jersey patches of Kaep, Vernon Davis, Marcus Lattimore, and Quinton Patton.

• Options

• Options

@ArtVandelay said:

Very nice booklet auto!