Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My Kaepernick PC

Comments

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are crushing this collection. Nicely done!

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bet there will be a lot of his cards coming out in the next year. Should be some cool stuff for you to collect. I really enjoy watching your collection grow.

• Options
    Parkerplenty123Parkerplenty123 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭✭

@AFLfan said:
    You are crushing this collection. Nicely done!

Thanks Todd!!! I really appreciate that.

@brad31 said:
    Bet there will be a lot of his cards coming out in the next year. Should be some cool stuff for you to collect. I really enjoy watching your collection grow.

Thanks brad31! I got my fingers crossed for more cards to come out. Since his appeal extends even beyond football, its definitely possible.

• Options

A few more. The first and third cards are different variations of cards previously posted.

• Options

Finally got a laundry tag! Out of National Treasures.

• Options

A couple more...

• Options

Another (but different) 2011 Absolute Rookie Premiere Materials card. The previous one has a single jersey piece in the window cut in the shape of a "7".

• Options

A 5 piece, no buscuit.

• Options

Those shield cards always go for a lot.

• Options
    MoonmanMoonman Posts: 277 ✭✭✭

Wow that is Crazy. Nice card

• Options

@brad31 said:
    Those shield cards always go for a lot.

True. Regardless of the player, the shields do tend to go for a premium.

@Moonman said:
    Wow that is Crazy. Nice card

Yeah it is. It was nice seeing the auction and the bids on it.

• Options

2013 Contenders auto

• Options

A Topps Fantasy Focus, and two different Topps Platinum cards.

• Options
    edited September 22, 2020 6:08AM

Congrats to the seller, the buyer, and Kaep's foundation. Even though the seller gets only half of the winning bid, he still made out very well.

https://goldinauctions.com/mobile/lotdetail.aspx?inventoryid=64661&seo=2011_topps_platinum_rookie_patch_autograph__59_red

• Options
    kobefan1kobefan1 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

@Parkerplenty123 for some reason I thought you might have brought it lol

• Options
    edited September 23, 2020 5:50AM

@kobefan1

Lol! I wish! I had to sit this one out. Seeing the bids going up every so often, all i could do is watch, looking like this.....

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭✭

Considering cashing out? His market is red hot and you're probably sitting on 50k

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options

@Ahmanfan said:
    Considering cashing out? His market is red hot and you're probably sitting on 50k

I never gave it any real serious thought. I'm hoping/looking for one particular Kaep card to resurface though.

• Options

Timeless Treasures Rookie Recruits.

• Options
    edited October 3, 2020 11:27AM

Topps Chrome Kaepernick graded 9.5!

• Options

More Kaeps: A Topps Finest Xfractor, Topps greatness Unleashed, Donruss Dominator /999, 2016 Certified, and Topps Future Legends.

• Options

The latest Kaepernick card....A 2014 Panini Spectra Gold Die-cut /10!

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

It astonishes me that a player who played 69 largely undistinguished games over six years could have so many cards.

• Options

Adding 3 more. The Panini Crusade looks real sharp.

• Options

I've just banned two members for going out of their way to be nasty about this collection and challenging the owner. Should more of their type of talk come up here, I will do it again without thinking twice about it.

People can like Kaepernick or not. Parkerplenty123 happens to like and collect him. He's not going around and posting negatively about other people's collections, and shouldn't be called into question for posting his.

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
  • Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2020 4:33PM

missed it. but that's a bummer. not sure who the other one was, but i liked horse and thought of him as a positive contribution here w his content and contests.

but regardless of one's personal views on kap, gotta love parker's commitment, diligence & tenacity on staying the course.

not only that, he's stayed true thru thick & thin. good times & bad. all while having the juevos to continue sharing regardless of the popular opinion at the time. and with this literally being a "collectors forum" you have got to appreciate that on a basic and fundamental level.

no ones being forced to click this thread. for those who dislike him for whatever reason, there's a pretty good quote from sg tallentyre that if you're a proponent of basic freedom, you have to agree with and that's "i may disapprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it".

keep doing your thing, parker!

• Options
    shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭

Parker- earlier this year I started buying a few Kap cards. Including this one which just got graded and came back to me.

Not a “rookie” as you know but first year prizm. 1/1, auto, and black finite makes it all pretty cool.

NFS now but thought you’d appreciate:

• Options

@blurryface said:
    keep doing your thing, parker!

Thanks blurryface! That's the plan.

@shu4040 said:
    Parker- earlier this year I started buying a few Kap cards. Including this one which just got graded and came back to me.

Not a “rookie” as you know but first year prizm. 1/1, auto, and black finite makes it all pretty cool.

NFS now but thought you’d appreciate:

Whoa!!! That's a beautiful card! To have that card grade out like that must have been a awesome feeling! Being a 1/1 too, makes it even better.

You said you had picked up some Kaep cards. If you feel up to it, please feel free to post them up. Thanks for sharing. Congrats again on such a great pickup!

• Options

Keep collecting and sharing. This is one of my favorite threads.

• Options

@brad31 said:
    Keep collecting and sharing. This is one of my favorite threads.

Thanks man! I really appreciate that. I really enjoy seeing your pickups as well!

• Options
    jlvette50jlvette50 Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

Don't comment often, but do open this thread and admire your collection. Great cards!!

Longoria Collector. Love the Longo!https://psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/evan-longoria-master-set/alltimeset/90851 600+ PSA Graded 4,700+ unique Longoria cards scanned on TCDB 800+ different Longo autograph cards Jeff

• Options

@jlvette50 said:
    Don't comment often, but do open this thread and admire your collection. Great cards!!

Thanks man!

• Options

Adding a Upper Deck World of Sports Rookie!

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice card, keep it up!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, Dwight Evans, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@DBesse27 said:
    Nice card, keep it up!

Thanks DBesse27!

• Options

Happy Birthday shout out to Colin! He turns 33 years old today!

• Options

Adding a Totally Certified Kaep Jersey card!

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2020 8:00PM

harbaugh’s about to get canned at MI, maybe they could meet up somewhere and have a nice run again?

• Options

@addicted2ebay said:
    harbaugh’s about to get canned at MI, maybe they could meet up somewhere and have a nice run again?

I hope not.

• Options

Kaepernick Black Metal Captains!

• Options

Black Metal Captains...

One of the biggest struggles I've had in my modern Alworth collection is determining the proper naming convention for many of the newer issues. All of these sets, subsets and parallels of subsets make things a real challenge. At least they do for me. Cool card, though!!

• Options

@AFLfan said:
    Black Metal Captains...

One of the biggest struggles I've had in my modern Alworth collection is determining the proper naming convention for many of the newer issues. All of these sets, subsets and parallels of subsets make things a real challenge. At least they do for me. Cool card, though!!

Thanks Todd! I totally agree. Its complete madness the total number of sets, subsets, and parallels. I've accepted that I wont be able to obtain all of them. The chase/challenge will be fun though. If by chance I get a complete set or two, I'll be happy._

• Options

Another National Treasures auto. Previously posted the 1/1 shield version of this same card.

• Options

Adding another Kaepernick portraits card. This one is the vertical version.

• Options

That Portraits card is interesting. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before.

• Options

@AFLfan said:
    That Portraits card is interesting. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it before.

These card companies are truly creative. Donruss made very similar card the following year in 2014 called "Profiles". It had a landscape orientation rather than vertical. I havent looked it up yet, but I sure hope these don't have parallels.

• Options

Kaepernick Flawless Diamond /20.

• Options

Kaep Totally Certified, Totally Blue.

• Options

Kaepernick Sacrifice die-cut card. This is a 3rd version of this card. The two previously posted was a regular, and chainmail.