doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2019 12:09PM

The last unbeaten team lost last night.

Seattle - 27
    San Francisco - 24

Yeah, yeah, 72' Dolphins. We know.

• Options

I'm looking forward to having a little bit of fun on this thread today. Giddy up! Rawhide! Ya mule !

• Options

Falcons vs Panthers. Falcons 78 yard punt return.

• Options

Falcons are beating Panthers 20-0 at the half. Panthers fans are pissed off. Boo, hiss.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Few shockers - Panthers and Texans didn’t show, expected the Ravens/Texans game to be exciting. Waiting for Pats/Eagles 🏈

• Options

Yes, it is shocking.

Texans= Spanked
    Panthers= Spanked

I can't wait to see the rematch of the Pats/Eagles Super Bowl. I think the Pats are going to come out guns blazing.

• Options

How about them Joe Banzai Minnesota Vikings coming back from 20 down to beat the Broncos.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

im gonna keep banging this drum...

Cousins.....29/35......319......3 TDs, no picks......comeback win from 20 down

18 touchdowns, 1 int since the Bears game

i wonder when Banzai will recognize and give him the credit he deserves? 🤔

• Options
    edited November 17, 2019 3:48PM

His stats, plus the Vikings record should be mentioning him in the league MVP discussions, yet nothing

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2019 4:07PM

@PatsGuy5000 said:

His stats, plus the Vikings record should be mentioning him in the league MVP discussions, yet nothing

for sure

after the Bears game the entire board -- including the resident Vikings fan -- was ready to castrate him

i said yo, you guys need to pump the brakes because he is a much better quarterback than you give him credit for

since then, he has gone OFF

today -- huge deficit, no running game, no Thielen.......he is the sole reason why the Vikes made that epic comeback and got the dubya

damn i love it when my predictions come to fruition. just refrain from visiting the Browns thread. :#

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,437 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    im gonna keep banging this drum...

Cousins.....29/35......319......3 TDs, no picks......comeback win from 20 down

i wonder when Banzai will recognize and give him the credit he deserves? 🤔

Absolutely! Kirk had an exceptional game. In fact, he has played well since the Bears embarrassment.

By the way, I am still wondering where I slammed him like you said I did. I have always said he had a good arm and made the throws when he got time.

@PatsGuy5000 said:

I think Cook is the MVP, the opposing defense having to key on him makes Cousins' job easier, but Kirk has played very well.

Still a ways to go before naming ANYONE MVP.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

That 49ers vs Cardinals game was a slugfest. The Patriots vs Eagles game was a slugfest. The Vikings vs Broncos game was a slugfest. Great NFL weekend.

• Options

Cornbread dressing. Why?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Cornbread dressing. Why?

Explain “Corn Bread Dressing” please 😂

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    That 49ers vs Cardinals game was a slugfest. The Patriots vs Eagles game was a slugfest. The Vikings vs Broncos game was a slugfest. Great NFL weekend.

Third week in a row for Vikings game being decided on the last play!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:
    Cornbread dressing. Why?

Corn bread dressing. My wife has to have it for Thanksgiving. For some reason, none of the grocery store's in my town carry it anymore. I've been through hell and back trying to locate it. I checked Ebay, but came up empty. I suggested to my wife that we substitute curly fries for cornbread dressing. My wife didn't care for my suggestion. I'm just screwed.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,302 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:
    Cornbread dressing. Why?

Corn bread dressing. My wife has to have it for Thanksgiving. For some reason, none of the grocery store's in my town carry it anymore. I've been through hell and back trying to locate it. I checked Ebay, but came up empty. I suggested to my wife that we substitute curly fries for cornbread dressing. My wife didn't care for my suggestion. I'm just screwed.

Google "cornbread dressing"

Over a half million hits.

Looks pretty tasty.

• Options

I’ve never heard of it before but I actually did google it and agree it looks tasty although I try to minimize the breads, except on Thanksgiving I indulge with my girls stuffing because it is ridiculously good 😅

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I’ve never heard of it before but I actually did google it and agree it looks tasty although I try to minimize the breads, except on Thanksgiving I indulge with my girls stuffing because it is ridiculously good 😅

I think some here know that I am very strict with my diet, and eat and drink extremely healthy.

However on holidays, especially Thanksgiving, that diet goes out the window just to be sociable with the family. But afterwards for the next day or two, i go into an almost fasting mode with mostly water and perhaps a few almonds and walnuts for a snack to allow the massive intake of food to properly digest.

I know if that cornbread dressing is offered or delicious stuffing, etc, I'm wolfing it down like those lions in Africa do after taking down a water buffalo. :D

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

I think some here know that I am very strict with my diet, and eat and drink extremely healthy.

However on holidays, especially Thanksgiving, that diet goes out the window just to be sociable with the family. But afterwards for the next day or two, i go into an almost fasting mode with mostly water and perhaps a few almonds and walnuts for a snack to allow the massive intake of food to properly digest.

I know if that cornbread dressing is offered or delicious stuffing, etc, I'm wolfing it down like those lions in Africa do after taking down a water buffalo. :D

One of the biggest myths is “Don’t skip meals” fasting is a very sound decision to keep weight in check

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

One of the biggest myths is “Don’t skip meals” fasting is a very sound decision to keep weight in check

I don't think many out there completely understand the great benefits of "eating right." The benefits go far beyond just weight loss and maintaining proper weight, although that alone is a tremendous benefit. :)

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was hoping the Chiefs would win in a blowout but seeing Philip Rivers throw 4 picks
    was the next best thing. He's a lot better at running his mouth than he is at throwing a football.
    Glad to see he's finished as a QB and will never win a Super Bowl or even play in one.
    The Whiner's hall of fame will waive the 5 years retired rule and enshrine him the minute he retires.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

Agreed about Rivers, Tomlinson was the same way too. I remember both of them always pouting on the sidelines while they were ready to lose to the Patriots in playoff games.

• Options

The Chargers when they show up to play the Patriots....

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Agreed about Rivers, Tomlinson was the same way too. I remember both of them always pouting on the sidelines while they were ready to lose to the Patriots in playoff games.

perkdog- I was thinking after the game, if that was NE and Brady the Chiefs were playing, the Pats
    would have won. Lucky it was Rivers and the Chargers.
    Chiefs will have to play a lot better than that to beat NE.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options

@Darin said:

@perkdog said:

perkdog- I was thinking after the game, if that was NE and Brady the Chiefs were playing, the Pats
    would have won. Lucky it was Rivers and the Chargers.
    Chiefs will have to play a lot better than that to beat NE.

I’d like to soundly agree with you but I’m not sure one way or another and I know your being serious and I am too. The Pats offense has problems now, even with the Chiefs Run D not being that great, the Pats O Line hasn’t been any better, last year Michel was knifing through the line and could be counted on getting yards when needed, plus he had Gronk steamrolling paths. This another thing that has been a problem from what I see is the RB’s haven’t been as good in the passing game which has always been a huge thing for Brady. I’m honestly not that confident playing you guys, I hope I’m wrong but I do think I’m going to be donning Chiefs bling for a bit 😮. But let’s see how the game goes 🍻

• Options

Looking forward to the Packers vs 49ers match up today. Looking forward to beer and pretzels. Not looking forward to waking up in the bushes again.

• Options

Is anyone with me in thinking the Jets have a good chance of beating the Raiders today?
    Don't know what the line is, but I'm assuming the Raiders are favored even being the visiting team
    but I'm calling the upset now. Jets have been playing better, the Raiders are so-so.
    Jets over Raiders!

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Is anyone with me in thinking the Jets have a good chance of beating the Raiders today?
    Don't know what the line is, but I'm assuming the Raiders are favored even being the visiting team
    but I'm calling the upset now. Jets have been playing better, the Raiders are so-so.
    Jets over Raiders!

Good call - the Jets are up 34-3!

• Options
    edited November 24, 2019 2:14PM

Very good call. The Raiders got spanked.

"Hi, I'm Chucky, wanna lose?"

• Options

Yeah I was surprised the Raiders couldn't even compete with the Jets. Great game Jets!
    Puts K.C. up a game in the AFC west and a big game with the Raiders next Sunday.

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, “Chuckie” got thrown into the fireplace this week.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:
    Yeah I was surprised the Raiders couldn't even compete with the Jets. Great game Jets!
    Puts K.C. up a game in the AFC west and a big game with the Raiders next Sunday.

We are happy to help!

With next 2 games vs Miami and Cinci, suddenly the Jets have a good shot to be 6-7 after a 1-7 start.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

That Packers game was rough last night. That was a shellacking.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still crickets on an 8-3 team that allowed a total of 140 yards and 3 points yesterday. Their lack of respect is only over shadowed by their lack of coverage. 30 Million people will finally see them in prime time Thursday.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Yes, And I'm definitely looking forward to watching the Bills play on Thanksgiving. I believe the game will be starting at 4:30 eastern time. I should be leaving my in-laws house (or as I like to call it "the rock" around that time. After escaping the rock, I will head straight home and watch the Bills game.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    Still crickets on an 8-3 team that allowed a total of 140 yards and 3 points yesterday. Their lack of respect is only over shadowed by their lack of coverage. 30 Million people will finally see them in prime time Thursday.

I don't know if it's crickets. But I get your point. Looking forward to Thanksgiving!!

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watching Rams/Ravens ………. me thinks the Ravens are for real!

• Options

I didn't think Lamar Jackson would last too long in the NFL, but I must admit he is proving me wrong.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I didn't think Lamar Jackson would last too long in the NFL, but I must admit he is proving me wrong.

The thing is...…..too much running by a QB in the NFL can and usually will shorten a career. Look at Vick.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@doubledragon said:

The thing is...…..too much running by a QB in the NFL can and usually will shorten a career. Look at Vick.

That's exactly what I was thinking. If he takes the wrong type of hit, then it could be over very quickly.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@doubledragon said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. If he takes the wrong type of hit, then it could be over very quickly.

They just said that he is on pace to rush 1250 yards this year! Has a QB ever led the League in rushing??!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@doubledragon said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@doubledragon said:

They just said that he is on pace to rush 1250 yards this year! Has a QB ever led the League in rushing??!!

In 1972 Bobby Douglass rushed for 968 yards OJ Simpson had 1251, in 2006 Vick went off for 1039 LaDanian had 1815.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lamar Jackson is incredible. I'd have to say slam dunk MVP at this point.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

Damn, Ravens look tough to beat!

• Options

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    Damn, Ravens look tough to beat!

They blew the Rams out bigtime. I didn't expect the Ravens and Lamar Jackson to be anywhere near this good. I didn't think Lamar Jackson would last long in the NFL. Unbelievable. He's a serious MVP candidate.

• Options

They blew the Rams out bigtime. I didn't expect the Ravens and Lamar Jackson to be anywhere near this good. I didn't think Lamar Jackson would last long in the NFL. Unbelievable. He's a serious MVP candidate.

Agree, thought Russell Wilson had it a couple of weeks ago, no longer. He was really inaccurate last year, nice to see the improvement in his game.

• Options

@PatsGuy5000 said:

Agree, thought Russell Wilson had it a couple of weeks ago, no longer. He was really inaccurate last year, nice to see the improvement in his game.

He's throwing the long ball a lot better this year. I'm looking forward to the playoffs! A lot of good teams this year.

• Options

Don't worry LA, we're still going to the Super Bowl. We've got everything under control.

• Options

I must admit, I'm disappointed in LA's fighting Rams. The shellacking they were issued last night is just downright embarrasing. Their defense got torched. Todd Gurley rushed for 22 stinking yards. They played like that at home, in their own house. There goes the playoffs, rolling right by you.