Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL scores

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:
    I can’t remember which thread we were talking about betting and the NFL. Check this kick to the Nads out..😮. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/packers-passing-up-free-td-in-fourth-quarter-costs-bettor-almost-50k-on-huge-parlay/

Wow, what a horrendous way to lose.

Doesn't get much worse than that considering the circumstances combined with the amount of money.

then again who cares about these degenerate gamblers :D burn baby burn

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:
    I can’t remember which thread we were talking about betting and the NFL. Check this kick to the Nads out..😮. https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/packers-passing-up-free-td-in-fourth-quarter-costs-bettor-almost-50k-on-huge-parlay/

Wow, what a horrendous way to lose.

Doesn't get much worse than that considering the circumstances combined with the amount of money.

Just another reason not to bet on sports. They don't care about the point spread. ;)

I believe sometimes they do. And all the more reason not to bet, you don’t know which side of the spread they care about 😉

I had read a long term study which showed over a number of years of keeping track of football games, that against the spread, favorites won 49.9 percent of the time and dogs 50.1 percent.

So basically against the spread it's a coin flip. Of course the big problem with trying to make money betting on sports is you have to pay 10% more when you lose the bet because of the bookies juice. So it's a proposition of heads you win 100% of your money, tails you lose 110% of your money.

It's a tough way to try to make a living. 💸

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭✭

Drew Brees is back today. Arizona is playing pretty good defense.

• Options

This is Mrs. Gulch, the wicked witch of the NFC South. The basket on the back of her bicycle contains the Atlanta Falcon's season.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    This is Mrs. Gulch, the wicked witch of the NFC South. The basket on the back of her bicycle contains the Atlanta Falcon's season.

Huge disappointment, lots of talent on this team, particularly on offense

• Options

I don't think the Falcons ever got over that Super Bowl disaster a few years ago. They are too talented to be losing the games they have lost.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PatsGuy5000 said:

@doubledragon said:

Huge disappointment, lots of talent on this team, particularly on offense

I know i'm getting old when Margaret Hamilton starts looking sexy on that bike. B)

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I don't think the Falcons ever got over that Super Bowl disaster a few years ago. They are too talented to be losing the games they have lost.

Atlanta sucks not only in Football but also Baseball. I never liked Ryan as a QB.

• Options

A heartbreaker in Chicago. Meanwhile, the 49ers are 6-0 and looking pretty solid. They're chewing on the Panthers right now. Very entertaining NFL weekend.

• Options

Over in England, the LA Rams took care of Cincinnati's fighting Bengals. The Rams destroyed them 24-10.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bears can't even beat a down and out Chargers team on their home turf. Pathetic team!

Stupid list…. Mistlin

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Double dragon is on a record pace for LOL’s 😂😂😂

• Options

JJ Watt out for the year again

• Options
    edited October 29, 2019 2:42AM

MNF score:

Pittsburgh Steelers- 27
    Miami Sardines- 14

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    MNF score:

Pittsburgh Steelers- 27
    Miami Sardines- 14

I think it’s the Miami Anchovies 😂

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:
    MNF score:

Pittsburgh Steelers- 27
    Miami Sardines- 14

I think it’s the Miami Anchovies 😂

LOL. Nicely done.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen that same play made at least 4 times. It's the right thing because you run out the clock and are guaranteed the win with 3 kneel downs. Even if the game becomes a two score game, crazy things can happen; that's why you want the ball in your possession when you run out the clock.

• Options

Packers today.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Tampa team had its usual performance. They don’t show up at the games they could win. They play hard in the games figure people think they will lose. As usual they had a “Roller Derby” ending. Anyone who thought Tampa had a chance in the Seattle game does not know what the Tampa team is. They are a group that can’t do it when it matters. Seattle had the game in the bag from the beginning. Things never change with Tampa.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Jets hit rock bottom today. Next up for the Jets, the Giants.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Wilson had a stupid good game, WOW

• Options

@perkdog said:

ALL quarterbacks have “stupid games” against Tampa. If the opposing quarterback does not have “a stupid good game,” Winston will have one with three or more turnovers. You can only be a Tamps Bucks fan if you are a glutton for punishment. This has gone on for years.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

@BillJones said:

@perkdog said:

ALL quarterbacks have “stupid games” against Tampa. If the opposing quarterback does not have “a stupid good game,” Winston will have one with three or more turnovers. You can only be a Tamps Bucks fan if you are a glutton for punishment. This has gone on for years.

Pretty fair assessment

• Options
    edited November 10, 2019 1:44PM

Winston’s contract is up at the end of this year. If Tampa is to keep him, they will have pay him a boatload of money. I say let Washington, Denver or the New York Jets have him. For every five or six good plays he has, you get a turnover, which negates whatever he might have done.

Tampa needs to draft a good QB and wait for them to develop. That’s what Winston was supposed to be, but he has never learned what to do with the ball consistently. He is leading the league in turnovers.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

excluding the tilt across the pond, every home team won yesterday

11-0

guarantee you some alcohol-induced "just because" bets are cashing in today

• Options

Can anyone tell we what happened to the Packers yesterday????? The Chargers played well, but it looked to me like Green Bay had no interest in playing that game.

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    Can anyone tell we what happened to the Packers yesterday????? The Chargers played well, but it looked to me like Green Bay had no interest in playing that game.

I’m sure Rodgers will blame everyone but himself.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@JRR300 said:

I’m sure Rodgers will blame everyone but himself.

already taken care of :D

• Options

Anxious to see the Niners play Seattle to see how good The Niners really are. They have chewed up just about everyone they have played. Can they be the real deal?

• Options

We have some good games going today. Falcons lead the Saints 13-6 at the half.

The battle for New York is heating up. Jets lead the Giants 14-13 at the half.

• Options

I'm sitting here watching this Saints vs Falcons game, and Atlanta actually came to play today. The Saints look like trash today.

• Options

Mahomes is unreal!

• Options
    edited November 10, 2019 1:55PM

Mahomes is unbelievable to watch. He's an MVP type player every year, if he can stay healthy.

• Options
    edited November 10, 2019 1:56PM

New Orleans Saints.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Mahomes is unbelievable to watch. He's an MVP type player every year, if he can stay healthy.

Agree, did you catch the jump pass?

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

i have watched every snap of ATL-NO

i can't decipher what my eyes have seen

• Options

@PatsGuy5000 said:

@doubledragon said:

Agree, did you catch the jump pass?

Yes, unbelievable. He can do it all, no look passes, jump passes, he could probably do a backflip pass.

• Options

Titans comeback 🏈🏈🏈

• Options

Chiefs in field goal range. Mahomes.

• Options

Kick blocked. Titans win.

• Options

Chicago wins! Cleveland wins! Barn burners!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

The Chiefs have Mahones, but they also have coach Andy Reid. Long time Eagles’ fans know the drill. Reid teams start fast and wilt as the season continues.

• Options

Shocked the Chiefs lost, I really thought they were going to crush the Titans. They can’t stop the run that will bite them, hopefully the Pats can exploit their weak run D

• Options

Miami Anchovies have won 2 straight, so we will promote them to the Miami Tuna.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Kick blocked. Titans win.

Titans were offsides big time and he was the one that blocked the FG. Terrible missed call!

• Options

Yes, and since my wife hogs the TV on Monday nights, I guess I will have to watch Monday Night Football through my neighbors window again.

• Options

@doubledragon said:

Let’s not get too crazy, before we go with Tuna let’s go with Whitefish for now 🤷‍♂️

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    Yes, and since my wife hogs the TV on Monday nights, I guess I will have to watch Monday Night Football through my neighbors window again.

😂😂😂

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

Let’s not get too crazy, before we go with Tuna let’s go with Whitefish for now 🤷‍♂️

😂😂😂 Whitefish it is!