Home Sports Talk

Philadelphia Eagles 2019 season official thread

stevekstevek Posts: 27,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

The good news is that the Eagles are sitting on a monster season, winning the Super Bowl, along with Carson Wentz sitting on a MVP season.

The bad news is for all of the other NFL teams that can only aspire to second best.

Let me tell it to ya as plain as I can. Buy all the Carson Wentz rookie cards you can. Buy all the Carson Wentz rookie cards you can.

Then around five or so years from now if you want to sell some of them in order to buy your new mansion, how about a little shout out of appreciation to stevek for giving you the tip, okay?

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wiping away the cobwebs I figured I’d stop in and say Good luck Steve 🍻

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Wiping away the cobwebs I figured I’d stop in and say Good luck Steve 🍻

Same to you Paul, with the exception of course on our avatar bet day.

May have to post a warning telling the women and children to avoid viewing that thread. :D

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/surprise-eagles-lure-josh-mc-cown-out-of-retirement-to-back-up-carson-wentz-143304226.html

Surprise! Eagles lure Josh McCown out of retirement to back up Carson Wentz

That's good news.

Puts to rest the rumors of the disruption called Colin Kaepernick possibly coming to the Eagles.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/surprise-eagles-lure-josh-mc-cown-out-of-retirement-to-back-up-carson-wentz-143304226.html

Surprise! Eagles lure Josh McCown out of retirement to back up Carson Wentz

That's good news.

Puts to rest the rumors of the disruption called Colin Kaepernick possibly coming to the Eagles.

I wouldn't even wish K-Crap on the Eagles! B)

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Eagles going to the Super Bowl? I am a fan, but I have no faith. The big question will be how long will Carson Wentz last before he’s injured again? They were mediocre with him in there last season. I don’t see much to make me think they’ll be any better. With Foles gone, there won’t be anything to snap them out it.

It’s like Ruben Amaro, Jr. has become the GM of the football team. Toss away the good players; keep the has-beens, the pets and the never-weres.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@BillJones said:
    The Eagles going to the Super Bowl? I am a fan, but I have no faith. The big question will be how long will Carson Wentz last before he’s injured again? They were mediocre with him in there last season. I don’t see much to make me think they’ll be any better. With Foles gone, there won’t be anything to snap them out it.

It’s like Ruben Amaro, Jr. has become the GM of the football team. Toss away the good players; keep the has-beens, the pets and the never-weres.

@BillJones said:

Points taken.

However Wentz has looked super sharp in practice. They say the best he has ever looked.

Yes, i realize it's practice, with all due respect to Allen Iverson and his rant about practice. But Pederson is finally using Wentz the way he should have been using him all along. Not beating him up in practice or meaningless pre-season games, and saving him for the sixty minutes on Sunday when it counts.

Look for Wentz to come out of games early this season when the game is in hand. And I think there will be a number of games such as that for the Eagles this season.

This Eagles offense is lethal, and they are going to blow out a number of teams this season. Pederson if I'm calling it right, will then send in the backup QBs to finish up the games, and keep Wentz fresh and injury free.

Wentz is hungry and motivated, and doesn't need to worry about getting paid, because he just got paid. Frankly, i'll be a bit surprised if Wentz doesn't win the MVP. We shall see. :)

@1970s said:
    Eagles sign 40 year old QB. Look out DIMEMAN, they're coming after you next.
    At this rate, the team will get the senior citizens discount at Hooters after a game.

Anything is better than them signing that scumbag Kap though! 👍

@1970s said:
    At this rate, the team will get the senior citizens discount at Hooters after a game.

There is a pending offer to Dimeman to play in the dime defense.

Figured with a name like that, he must be good at it.

I've never liked Josh McCown. But the bottom line, if there was someone else better out there, the Eagles would have signed that someone else instead.

If Wentz goes down early in the season with a season ending injury, the Eagles 2019 season is done anyway. That's basically the situation with perhaps every other NFL team.

However if Wentz only gets nicked up enough to miss a few games, with this lethal Eagles offense, it's possible that McCown could step in and do enough to win a few games. In that regard, I think signing McCown was a good move.

Josh McCown is a solid back up.

edited August 18, 2019 9:21AM

Anything is better than them signing that scumbag Kap though

The thing that people don't seem to understand about Kap is that he's been on "CP" for years.

"CP" = Can't Play

That's why San Francisco dumped him. His head was so much into politics that he couldn't play the game. Now that he's a couple of years older and a few degrees angrier, I'm sure that he has not improved with age. He's bottle of "vintage Ripple" not "Chateau de Rothschild."

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

Well, I could play for the Eagles and it wouldn't hurt their team. ;)B)

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

Well, I could play for the Cowboys and it wouldn't hurt their team. ;)B)

I've corrected the grammar error in your post.

You're welcome.

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

Well, I could play for the Eagle's and it wouldn't hurt their team. ;)B)

I've corrected the grammar error in your post.

You're welcome.

Thanks....it looks good now.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

The good news is that the Eagles are sitting on a monster season, winning the Super Bowl, along with Carson Wentz sitting on a MVP season.

The bad news is for all of the other NFL teams that can only aspire to second best.

Let me tell it to ya as plain as I can. Buy all the Carson Wentz rookie cards you can. Buy all the Carson Wentz rookie cards you can.

Then around five or so years from now if you want to sell some of them in order to buy your new mansion, how about a little shout out of appreciation to stevek for giving you the tip, okay?

Steve, after the regular season starts, just let me know which hospital in Philly Wentz is staying at
    so I can send all those cards I'm buying to him to get autographed.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

Steve, after the regular season starts, just let me know which hospital in Philly Wentz is staying at
    so I can send all those cards I'm buying to him to get autographed.

We shall revisit your post when Wentz is being presented the National Football League's most valuable player award. It may even be unanimous.

I'm tellin' ya again...Buy all the Carson Wentz rookie cards you can, and then retire early to your mansion.

• grote15grote15 Posts: 29,479 ✭✭✭✭✭

How close SteveK believes the Eagles are to getting back to the Super Bowl..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

@grote15 said:
    How close SteveK believes the Eagles are to getting back to the Super Bowl..

Eagles play the Jets on October 6.

i'm challenging all Jets fan, I say "fan" singular, because I think there may only be one on this forum, there may only be one in the entire universe, to an official avatar bet. Other Jets fans, if they exist, are more than welcome to join in.

The rules are simple. When the Jets lose, then immediately following the game, Jets fan has to place an avatar of my choice as his avatar. It must remain there until the opening kickoff of the next Jets game.

At least one Patriots fan, I think he goes by the name of Perkdog if I'm remembering right, has already officially agreed to the bet when his team also gets beat by the Eagles later in the season. He will be suffering the same fate.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Jets fan has the intestinal fortitude to absorb the extreme pain and suffering for a full week, that he would be subjected to with a beautiful Eagles logo as his avatar.

I have a dream. The CU forum filled with as many beautiful Eagles logos as possible all season long. Yes, i'll admit, it's not much of a dream, but it's my dream. B)

Well, the regular season opens tomorrow at home with the first game against the Redskins. I just can't see any conceivable way that the Eagles could lose this game.

Some may say that Wentz is rusty and therefore may have an off game and the Redskins could sneak out with a win. There is no chance of that.

Sure, Wentz could mess-up a few throws, but overall i'm expecting a big day.

Already notched in the standings: Eagles 1-0

This game is not off to a good start.

Is it not too late to cancel the avatar bets?

Excuse my previous comments about the Cowboys beating out the Eagles for the division, they will beat out the Redskins for the Division.

@stevek said:

A handshake deal is a handshake deal 🤝

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

How much money would it take to buy out of the deal? i'm willing to pay big right now.

I can't believe this game.

i'm glad that this is just a nightmare, and it's not actually happening.

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

How much money would it take to buy out of the deal? i'm willing to pay big right now.

PM sent with my address for your Mantle Cards.. Thanks

Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

PM sent with my address for your Mantle Cards.. Thanks

Too late, i've changed my mind.

i'm keeping my PSA 10 1952 Mantle.

Well, so much for that momentum. :/

I'm sure glad this is only a pre-season game and doesn't count.

edited September 8, 2019 11:41AM

I wish I could the Eagle’s game but I can’t. The local station gave us the Charlotte game instead. :s

I hope Eagles perk up in the second half, but sorry Steve, this was how the Eagles looked last year until Wentz went down ... lackluster. If they can’t beat the Redskins get ready for a typical Eagle’s season.

Phillies in the tank, Eagles in the tank.

I'm checking the internet to see what other sports i can follow.

Bass fishing tournaments look somewhat interesting right now.

@BillJones said:
    I wish I could the Eagle’s game but I can’t. The local station gave us the Charlotte game instead. :s

I hope Eagles perk up the second half, but sorry Steve, this was how the Eagles looked last year until Wentz went down ... lackluster. If they can’t beat Redskins get ready for a typical Eagle’s season.

This is about as bad as it gets considering all the circumstances.

Eagles making the Redskins look like the 1985 Bears.

@stevek said:

@BillJones said:

I hope Eagles perk up the second half, but sorry Steve, this was how the Eagles looked last year until Wentz went down ... lackluster. If they can’t beat Redskins get ready for a typical Eagle’s season.

This is about as bad as it gets considering all the circumstances.

Eagles making the Redskins look like the 1985 Bears.

Actually the Jills are making the Jets D look better than the ‘85 Bears

That's better.

But we need much better.

This is why they go ahead and play the games Steve......and don't go by your silly predictions. ;)B)

Jackson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chip Kelly got rid of this guy.

Chip Kelly is a first class dope.

Not over yet.

Need the D to step up!

I might have positively reversed jinxed the Eagles 🦅

@perkdog said:

Always a warm welcome for Paul in the Eagles thread. ;)

Man what happened! I wish this game was on TV instead of the stupid Atlanta/Minn. game! If this was Boxing Atlanta could throw in the towel! B)

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Always a warm welcome for Paul in the Eagles thread. ;)

Much appreciated 👍🍻

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's good to see Wentz back in action.

I'm tellin' ya, this game ain't over yet.

Eagles need to keep the pressure on.

DeSean Jackson is moving like a tremendous machine!

This ain't over yet.

Another Eagles TD, and then i can maybe slightly relax.

Just in time, i'm on my last nitroglycerin pill.

Well, the Skins have reverted back to the crap team that they are! :s