Home Sports Talk
Options

Philadelphia Eagles 2019 season official thread

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    Man what happened! I wish this game was on TV instead of the stupid Atlanta/Minn. game! If this was Boxing Atlanta could throw in the towel! B)

I'll be rooting for the Giants in that game. :)

• Options

This game ain't over yet.

i'm not counting any chickens.

• Options

Eagles lead 29-20

This game ain't over yet, i'm tryin' to tell ya.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Well, the Skins have reverted back to the crap team that they are! :s

Like a cheap horse getting a big early lead, and then dying in the stretch.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    Man what happened! I wish this game was on TV instead of the stupid Atlanta/Minn. game! If this was Boxing Atlanta could throw in the towel! B)

Yes, how about those Atlanta Chicks! They always promise that “THIS is the YEAR!” but always seem to get plucked. It’s happened early this week. They have started well in the past, and then faded later.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

How about a nice Eagles feeding frenzy right now?

• Options

Stop 'em here and the fat lady sings.

• Options

That should wrap it up - I hope.

No mistakes!

• Options

If DeSean Jackson doesn't win the player of the week, there should be an investigation.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jackson is the ONLY....key word ONLY player that the Eagles have that scares me. He has always been tuff to cover!

WHY OH WHY did Washington let him go!!!!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Jackson is the ONLY....key word ONLY player that the Eagles have that scares me. He has always been tuff to cover!

Admittedly, the Eagles would be in trouble right now if Jackson wasn't in there.

• Options

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Admittedly, the Eagles would be in trouble right now if Jackson wasn't in there.

LIKE....they would be losing BIG time!

• Options

Jackson runs route's so good even Wentz can hit him! That's how good Jackson is! :s

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    If DeSean Jackson doesn't win the player of the week, there should be an investigation.

DeSean Jackson- 8 receptions, 154 yards, 2 TD's.
    Sammy Watkins- 9 receptions, 198 yards, 3 TD's.

Jackson wasn't even the best receiver, but they'll probably give it to a QB anyway.

• Options

@Darin said:

@stevek said:

DeSean Jackson- 8 receptions, 154 yards, 2 TD's.
    Sammy Watkins- 9 receptions, 198 yards, 3 TD's.

Jackson wasn't even the best receiver, but they'll probably give it to a QB anyway.

I could see Prescott getting it...….4 TD's and a perfect QB rating of 158.3.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dak had a beast of a game, I’d give it him over either of those WR’s

• Options

I just announced it - the award goes to DeSean Jackson. 🏆

• Options

@stevek said:
    I just announced it - the award goes to DeSean Jackson. 🏆

He is certainly in the conversation

• Options

What happened to the Chicago Bear thread??

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought my Skins had it, then they decided not to show up in the second half.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options

@orioles93 said:
    Thought my Skins had it, then they decided not to show up in the second half.

Redskins had a 17-0 lead at one point.

Then came DeSean Jackson.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wentz shook the rust off in half a game ? Thats not bad , Aaron rodgers didn't manage to do it in a whole game.

Comeback wins are exciting , if your ticker can handle the stress .

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    Wentz shook the rust off in half a game ? Thats not bad , Aaron rodgers didn't manage to do it in a whole game.

Comeback wins are exciting , if your ticker can handle the stress .

Mine can't. I'm still in the local hospital recuperating after that game.

i told them to please release me in time for the next Eagles game, and double my nitroglycerin prescription.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:
    Phillies in the tank, Eagles in the tank.

I'm checking the internet to see what other sports i can follow.

Bass fishing tournaments look somewhat interesting right now.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love womens curling

• Options

Yea I love athletic woman, two of those Curling players are 🔥

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

easy on the eyes:

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go Eagles(mainly because I hate the Falcons)! >:)

• Options

Go Falcons because I hate the Eagletts! >:)>:)>:)

• Options

It's always tough to travel to another NFL football team's stadium when they are 0-1 and come away with a win. The Falcons in this game should be scratching and clawing not to go 0-2.

The Eagles simply cannot allow this Falcons team to get off to a 17-0 lead as what happened last Sunday against the Redskins, if the Eagles expect to win this game. Actually it would be nice if the Eagles could open up an early lead and coast home.

But one way or the other, I think the Eagles are good enough to find a way to win this Sunday night game.

• Options

Oh My...…...the eaglet's are stinking up the field BIG time! Love it! :D

• Options

Is Wentz hurt? Or is it because he couldn’t hit the side of a barn tonight? Why is McNown throwing the ball?

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Is Wentz hurt? Or is it because he couldn’t hit the side of a barn tonight? Why is McNown throwing the ball?

Because Wentz has a 6.2 QB rating! I didn't know they went that low, but I love it!!

• Options
    edited September 15, 2019 7:22PM

The Eagles will be playing for second in their division against the Redskins, and it won’t be for a play-off spot. Wentz is way over rated. The sooner he retires, the soon Eagle’s fans can move on. He’s a flash in the pan. Accept it.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

I think they need to review that 2 pt. Looks like the ball wasn't over when his knee touched,

• Options

Told ya!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    I think they need to review that 2 pt. Looks like the ball wasn't over when his knee touched,

You got what you wanted. They lost the review. It doesn’t matter. The Eagles will lose anyway.

• Options

@BillJones said:

@DIMEMAN said:

You got what you wanted. They lost the review. It doesn’t matter. The Eagles will lose anyway.

It's a 5 point game...….Atlanta can FU a ball bearing with a glass hammer!

• Options

Where is Steve? We had better put him on suicide watch! B)

• Options

I told ya Bill you can never count Atlanta out...….they can always pull defeat out of the jaws of victory!

These two teams should be in the Puke Bowl!

• Options
    edited September 15, 2019 8:21PM

Eagle’s defense goes to sleep ... game over. The current Wentz is not the kind of quarterback who wins games like this ... not any more. He’s over the hill.

• Options

Why can't the Atlanta kicker kick the ball into the end zone. The eaglet's start with good field position every F'ing time!!!!!!!! :s

• Options
    edited September 15, 2019 8:28PM

Eagles ... drop, drop and soon drop again.

They can’t perform when it counts, and that’s what it was last year with Wentz. The guy is not a winner.

• Options

Stupid defense call.....Rush the house and make him throw short.

• Options
    edited September 15, 2019 8:37PM

No need to bite your nails ... the Eagles did not do it. Poor planing. Why not not go up the field far enough to get a first down?

Both off these teams are marginal for the play-offs at best.

• Options

I hate prevent defense.....it usually prevents you from winning!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    I hate prevent defense.....it usually prevents you from winning!

I have long called it the “pervert defense” because it usually results in the opposite of its intended purpose. It is garbage.

If you were going to “prevent” anything, why did you leave Julio Jones free? Everybody in the stadium knew who the biggest threat was.

• Options

Congrats to the Dallas Cowboys , NFC East Division Winners. 🏆

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Congrats to the Dallas Cowboys , NFC East Division Winners. 🏆

Yes, the Giants and Redskins will sub .500 teams and the Eagles will be .500 or maybe a game or two above. There are probably no other playoffs spots in the league that look more certain.

• Options

Well the Eagles obviously won their first game because DeSean Jackson was in there, and obviously lost their second game because DeSean Jackson wasn't in there.

Back home against the Lions on Sunday.