50+ available right now.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apparently, they didn't last long.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

There were 58 when I checked. Many buyers and/or a fee big buyers.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@OPA said:

@coinpalice said:
    I just assumed a 1 pound package would cost more then 5 dollars to ship, and some people don't qualify for free shipping. without a store would run over 170 at 13 percent

You assumed correctly.... Priority mail, will run you about $7.00 for a small flat rate box

I believe it's $7.90 on the USPS site, but maybe less with ebay shipping discount.

16 ounces is 1st class through ebay

anything over 16 oz...i/e 16.1 oz is considered Priority Mail. I suppose you could place it in a bubble mailer for 16 oz or less, and hope for no drops or mishaps while in transit. Personally, I would use the small flat rate Priority mail box.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe a few of you can help me with this, I am confused why you would send a modern to NGC rather than PCGS.
    The perceived value is distinctively different.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    Maybe a few of you can help me with this, I am confused why you would send a modern to NGC rather than PCGS.

When you come right down to it, I don't care about value, it's the set pedigree, so going a less expensive route doesn't bother me. This is a hobby to me, not a money making venture. Besides, all of my other ASE's are in that plastic (going back to the 06RP's and 8/7 errors variety), and if you think my OCD would tolerate having one that isn't, you're probably wrong. :D

• Options

@MilesWaits said:

Depends, dealer or collector, dealers would probably do both as their are collectors for either TPGS.

Just a guess.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,105 ✭✭✭✭✭

For moderns, I would never purchase a NGC 70.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

@OPA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@grote15 said:

@OPA said:

@coinpalice said:
    I just assumed a 1 pound package would cost more then 5 dollars to ship, and some people don't qualify for free shipping. without a store would run over 170 at 13 percent

You assumed correctly.... Priority mail, will run you about $7.00 for a small flat rate box

I believe it's $7.90 on the USPS site, but maybe less with ebay shipping discount.

16 ounces is 1st class through ebay

anything over 16 oz...i/e 16.1 oz is considered Priority Mail. I suppose you could place it in a bubble mailer for 16 oz or less, and hope for no drops or mishaps while in transit. Personally, I would use the small flat rate Priority mail box.

I ship them in bubble wrap in a bubble mailer. Mailing weight is 15.5 oz. It wouldn't fit in a small flat rate box even if you wanted - too thick. So, it's either padded flat weight mailer for $7.33 or my own padded 1st class mailer for $5

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:
    50+ available right now.

There were 70 something available. I bought 50.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:

Some people buy all NGC and want a matched set.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    There were 58 when I checked. Many buyers and/or a fee big buyers.

It was me. LOL

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,319 ✭✭✭✭✭

There should be 5 of mine back and available anytime soon......there were a couple glitches when I ordered and I kept seeing MY address BUT it went to a person I had previously ordered for (forum member who hasn't been around for a bit). So, before delivery, I had UPS re-route it back to the USMint (since the USMint won't contact UPS to have anything done....I asked them after they verified me).

Decided it was too much hassle and, while I wanted the SAE, I didn't want the maple leaf, at all. If I want the SAE now, I will just buy a few on the market.

So, at least 5 will be unopened returns (ie...not returns with issues)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options

Can I vent? I want to vent.

But first, a trivia question. What's faster? Smartpost or Registered Mail? (Yes, there was another race. If you missed the first one, it was Smartpost vs. the RCM and customs. RCM and customs won by two days.)

A Smartpost package (from Tennessee) and a registered package (from Florida) both departed their locations on July 19. Both arrived today at the same time, because it's the USPS. So if you think registered mail is slow, well, Smartpost. (And the Smartpost package traveled half the distance. Okay, I'm whining.)

Anyway, here's my real whine. This week was going along swimmingly, and suddenly today, two 1st world problems occur.

First, my $50 Apollo set arrives mangled. (Well, bent, right through the FRN. Not completely folded, but bent enough to destroy the folder, and crimp a corner of the print.) Then I finally get my Pride coins... and... what's wrong with this picture? (It took me a few seconds...)

smh.

Thank you. I now return you to your regularly scheduled coin forum...

• Options

@BackroadJunkie said:
    Can I vent? I want to vent.

But first, a trivia question. What's faster? Smartpost or Registered Mail? (Yes, there was another race. If you missed the first one, it was Smartpost vs. the RCM and customs. RCM and customs won by two days.)

A Smartpost package (from Tennessee) and a registered package (from Florida) both departed their locations on July 19. Both arrived today at the same time, because it's the USPS. So if you think registered mail is slow, well, Smartpost. (And the Smartpost package traveled half the distance. Okay, I'm whining.)

Anyway, here's my real whine. This week was going along swimmingly, and suddenly today, two 1st world problems occur.

First, my $50 Apollo set arrives mangled. (Well, bent, right through the FRN. Not completely folded, but bent enough to destroy the folder, and crimp a corner of the print.) Then I finally get my Pride coins... and... what's wrong with this picture? (It took me a few seconds...)

Thank you. I now return you to your regularly scheduled coin forum...

NICE! Double error!

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

Decent number available now

• Options

what's wrong with this picture? (It took me a few seconds...

Now THAT's interesting....

• Options
    CoinPhysicistCoinPhysicist Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 26, 2019 4:46AM

Ordered 4 sets just now, USM06898***. Processing.

Successful transactions with: wondercoin, Tetromibi, PerryHall, PlatinumDuck, JohnMaben/Pegasus Coin & Jewelry, CoinFlip, and coinlieutenant.

• Options

@BackroadJunkie Daannngggg!

@BigA said:
    Decent number available now

Maybe enough to survive the weekend?

• Options

Probably putting all the rest up for sale today....still a decent number (over 99) available

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

66 sets left. this might be the official sell out this morning

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

no sell out , they are going to draw it out for who knows how long

• Options

toast....for today

• Options

If this keeps up I may get some more... hard to stay away!

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't checked the prices in awhile.. is there a flip potential for these still? Why are people buying more and more? I barely made any on the first few I bought.

• Options

@jwitten said:
    I haven't checked the prices in awhile.. is there a flip potential for these still? Why are people buying more and more? I barely made any on the first few I bought.

Something new, different, to pass the time away, fill the Treasury, and I really don’t know anymore.

There was a big demand initially, but as long as the Mint trickles these out not so much.

• Options

@jwitten said:

Wholesale bid is less than Mint price. There's no flip in that sense. You'd have to retail them.

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    no sell out , they are going to draw it out for who knows how long

I looked too late, Back to "currently unavailable". I was looking to get one set so I would not have to open my FDOI box. But if the price keeps falling I will get a set off eBay...

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options

some available now

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmski52 said:
    some available now

They gone

• Options

I had 5 in my basket and it showed 2 remaining, I backed out and still had time to order 1.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Getting there...

• Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

For those checking each AM for sets, I have 3 extra 1st day sealed boxes (5 sets per box) that I'd sell if I can net mint cost (after shipping).

• Options

There were a few sets available this morning.

Cracks me up that the site gets slow around this time of the morning... :D

• Options

When a coin dealer is selling excess, at cost...

Well, draw your own conclusions.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,314 ✭✭✭✭✭

Such is the recent yield curve of Mint products and the desire for a flip.
    Ahh, the salad years from mid to late two thousands.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got mine back today, all PR70. <3

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options

I bought some RCM 70 FS sets from APMEX (very nice product) and was looking for the POP numbers for the RP but nothing really makes sense. Looks like most everything is FDI with only a couple of RCM FS pops..

..774463 with 51 70's and one 69
    ..776475 with 377 70's and zero 69's

I saw many 69's for sale so neither numbers jive...any thoughts? Not up to date? Wrong numbers?

• Options

@BigA said:
    I bought some RCM 70 FS sets from APMEX (very nice product) and was looking for the POP numbers for the RP but nothing really makes sense. Looks like most everything is FDI with only a couple of RCM FS pops..

..774463 with 51 70's and one 69
    ..776475 with 377 70's and zero 69's

I saw many 69's for sale so neither numbers jive...any thoughts? Not up to date? Wrong numbers?

For the reverse proof Canadian set ASE, 772903 :

There are 35 varieties:

Totals:
    70: 7933
    69: 306

The 776475 is just one of the 35 varieties.

https://www.pcgs.com/pop/detail/category/939?l=silver-eagles-1986-date&ccid=0&p=PR&bsn=772903&sn=776475&pn=1&ps=100

• Options
    edited August 4, 2019 6:20AM

Yup, that's what I saw but, as mentioned, the numbers don't jive with the sets that were available weeks ago when I bought them (RCM FS)

Almost all of the 35 varieties are the US Set not the RCM set. Six varieties of the RCM set with only two being FS..the other four are FDI

I guess POP is 377 for the 70's

• Options

A couple of quick phone pics of one of the sets. Note the difference in size of the RCM box next to a USA set for comparison and the decent hard presentation box that came with the APMEX sets

• Options

More than 99 available.

Both FS/ER dates have passed...

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have 2 sets if you need one just let me know. I can part with one for you.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kkathyl said:

You have a heart of gold! If I ever miss out on something, I'll be checking with you!!! :)

• Options

1118am and still 99+ available

• Options

This is one of them things that dragged out too long... no large secondary market value for raw, anymore. Buy it from the Mint.

Slabbed and preferably FS/FDOI will maintain for a bit.

IMO

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@Kkathyl said:

You have a heart of gold! If I ever miss out on something, I'll be checking with you!!! :)

Thank you. I haven't even opened my box yet but I know it sucks to miss out on a release. Anytime.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭✭✭

Still available, let me order 99, so I guess there are at least 99 available.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    nurmalernurmaler Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Oh wow!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file