Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Pride of Two Nations Limited Edition Two-Coin Set™ (19XB), Sold Out

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    Mine are on the way. I think these coins are going to be a good buy over time as they will be attractive to U.S. and Canadian collectors and part of the SE series.

It's all about the ASE. While the Canada collectors may like the coin, there's way too many of them relative to a normal Canadian Mint offering for their to be much appreciation in the Maple Leaf. RCM products are usually under ten thousand, sometimes even under one thousand and generally don't show much upside. But they do some interesting things up north and I like a lot of their offerings from a purely aesthetic, as opposed to financial, perspective.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

I agree. 110k mintage of a Canadian issue is just unheard of...5k products sell for quite some time. It's all about the ASE

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah but the Canadians scored it big time with the superman coin!
    Fortunately, I collect silver near the price of spot. Which y’all might be able to on this 110,000 issue, soon.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thought I made a mistake earlier. Had a few items in the cart and added one of these. Completed the checkout and the order went to BO after a couple days.

Thinking, wow, those other items are going to be there awhile.

Turns-out PFSWeb separated the other items and shipped, and I’ve received them, while the Two Nation set is sitting as BO.

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    Yeah but the Canadians scored it big time with the superman coin!
    Fortunately, I collect silver near the price of spot. Which y’all might be able to on this 110,000 issue, soon.

The Maple Leaf, yes. The ASE, doubtful. 100,000 with a unique finish will give it some premium. How much? My crystal ball is out for repair.

• Options

Briefly up for a bit for BO this AM. Took this snapshot, and went to check-out.

Unavailable. :/

No snapshots next time.

At least the order prior to the snapshot went through. B)

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey. Miracles do happen.

My US set may be delivered today. However, after taking its detour through Kansas yesterday, it's being delivered by FedEx Home, not the USPS.

At local FedEx facility
    Delivery scheduled via FedEx Home Delivery, not US Postal Service

:)

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

No snapshots next time.

well, there are 4000ish unaccounted for in this week's sales figures

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Hemispherical said:

No snapshots next time.

Maybe...keep in mind the sales figures are as of 7/7....& I suspect do not include 7/5 nor 7/6....we shall see by next weeks figures

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

19XB
    2019 PRIDE OF TWO NATIONS
    07/07/2019

• Options

@jabba said:
    My FedX shipment finally has a delivery date of the 18th why does it take forever to get out west

Smartpost, I guess? That free shipping is great if you got the time. ;)

• Options

@OPA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Hemispherical said:

No snapshots next time.

Maybe...keep in mind the sales figures are as of 7/7....& I suspect do not include 7/5 nor 7/6....we shall see by next weeks figures

They should include 7/5 and 7/6 as they are dated as of 7/7. But there was one day with a lot available.

But either way, there are 4700 unaccounted for. Doesn't mean they aren't sold or at different venues for sale? FUN show? Mint gift shop?

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

my sets have already arrived, weight 4.9 pounds for 5 sets

• Options
    edited July 10, 2019 9:51AM

@jmlanzaf said:

@OPA said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Hemispherical said:

No snapshots next time.

They should include 7/5 and 7/6 as they are dated as of 7/7. But there was one day with a lot available.

But either way, there are 4700 unaccounted for. Doesn't mean they aren't sold or at different venues for sale? FUN show? Mint gift shop?

Read an article, somewhere, that both directors were going to be somewhere to sign some sets... Or was I dreaming❓

Edit:

Wasn’t dreaming.

So there are reserved sets.

“Later this summer, limited quantities will be available at the American Numismatic Association’s (ANA) World’s Fair of Money on August 13 through 17, 2019. Mint Director Ryder and Royal Canadian Mint CEO Lemay will be on hand to sign Certificates of Authenticity for the set.”

https://coinweek.com/us-mint-news/u-s-mint-launching-pride-of-two-nations-set-at-philadelphia-mint-july-3/

—————

Wonder if I can stop by just to have the COAs signed? 🖌

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine arrived. I'm not opening the box. Quickest I've ever gotten on a popular item.

• Options

PCGS FS cut off date is 8/2 for both sets.

ATS is also 8/2 for the US set but 5/29 for the RCM set

Guess 8/6 ship for the BO'd sets ain't gonna make it

• Options

Thank you for sharing the photos. Very attractive coins!
    That is a whole lot of stars on the maple.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigA said:

did u mean to say "8/29" & not 5/29 for the RCM set?

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone ever had their items shipped by the mint and not received an email that they shipped?

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we have Halle Berry model for Ms. Liberty. Beautiful 3D image of a not too pleasant looking Liberty....Nice pictures!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 10, 2019 1:48PM

@Insider2 said:
    Mine are on the way. I think these coins are going to be a good buy over time as they will be attractive to U.S. and Canadian collectors and part of the SE series.

Agree indeed they are better looking in hand then even the pictures. The work of collaboration on this must of been a bear. Well done release for sure. I have 2 more on back order but I am not holding my breath. They have canceled orders on me before. First come first serve. I am happy with my Friday delivery for sure on my first order. Now the wait to see how they grade.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BigA said:
    MCM has a pre-sale of the NGC 70 ER/FR PoTN sets at $299.95. No country of origin on the label. I think the APMEX PCGS FS 70 sets from the RCM at $279.95 is a wee bit of a better deal

I don't agree. Big difference in getting sets from CANADA vs US. I recall the struck at ASE and those prices sky rocked and have held to this day.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

@privatecoin said:
    Has anyone ever had their items shipped by the mint and not received an email that they shipped?

I get the emails if I check for them.

What is messed up is the text message notification with the tracking number under the wrong shipper’s tracking website.

UPS number linked to FEDEX website and vice versa.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@privatecoin said:

What is messed up is the text message notification with the tracking number under the wrong shipper’s tracking website.

What's interesting is that mine were delivered today and i never received any email that they had shipped and my order still says processing.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

My backorder placed on 7/4 arrived today via UPS. Much quicker than I thought.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@privatecoin said:

@Hemispherical said:

@privatecoin said:

What's interesting is that mine were delivered today and i never received any email that they had shipped and my order still says processing.

That’s a good thing.

Something definitely broke at PFSWeb system is my guess.

• Options

@OPA said:

@BigA said:

did u mean to say "8/29" & not 5/29 for the RCM set?

Oops...RCM set cut off is 7/29

• Options

@grote15 said:

UPS? Did you pay for expedited, or were you upgraded?

I got my US Set yesterday too, but it was intercepted and delivered by FedEx Home instead of USPS, saving a couple days of delivery time. Even so, it was still 8 days from ship notice to delivery.

I had it less than an hour before it was shipped back out. I hate sending sets in for a (in this case) pedigree without actually seeing the coins. I need to find someone who has X-Ray Vision...

@privatecoin said:

I didn't get one for this set, but it really doesn't matter to me since my impatience has me looking at my order history anyway... :)

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just picked one up. The unavailable 7:30 trick.

• Options

Above a certain dollar amount the shipping is automatically upgraded.

Looking....

$300 or more and the shipment is upgraded to expedited for free.

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

@Onastone

Yup.

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rec'd both orders of 2/ea. Yesterday.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BackroadJunkie said:

@grote15 said:

UPS? Did you pay for expedited, or were you upgraded?

I got my US Set yesterday too, but it was intercepted and delivered by FedEx Home instead of USPS, saving a couple days of delivery time. Even so, it was still 8 days from ship notice to delivery.

I had it less than an hour before it was shipped back out. I hate sending sets in for a (in this case) pedigree without actually seeing the coins. I need to find someone who has X-Ray Vision...

@privatecoin said:

I didn't get one for this set, but it really doesn't matter to me since my impatience has me looking at my order history anyway... :)

No, my shipping was free with the loyalty program.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

@Twobitcollector Very nice photos of the coins and what a beautiful set as well. My single set just arrived and I am contemplating leaving it sealed.

Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2019 2:34PM

@jmski52 said:

Got my 2 orders of 2 sets today. But my 2 orders of 1 Canadian set are still in process.... :(

• Options
    spotthedogspotthedog Posts: 313 ✭✭✭

I finally called the Canadian mint Tuesday to inquire about an order with them. The woman looked it up and exclaimed" oh Paypal,wait, okay, it seems to have fixed itself"(something like that). Then told me they are awaiting more stock. I got an email a few hours later informing me the 2 sets were shipping. They're on the way. Maybe call them.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    Above a certain dollar amount the shipping is automatically upgraded.

Looking....

$300 or more and the shipment is upgraded to expedited for free.

Of course. Forgot all about the upgrade. Must have killed some brain cells since the Apollo release. :D

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Arrived y'day. Very nice coins. Couldn't figure out why my Fedex package weighed so much but the case in which these coins reside is a little more elaborate than usual.

• Options

FEDEX uses DIM for weight.

• Options

@TurboSnail said:

@jmski52 said:

Got my 2 orders of 2 sets today. But my 2 orders of 1 Canadian set are still in process.... :(

Re: RCM sets... just got the 3rd email about a "payment issue". Already called twice and the first time it was because my CC had my middle initial on it an the order didn't...(really?) ...the second time I called and verified everything and got "everything looks ok, we will process the order"....with yesterday's email I just printed the form, changed the CC to a different one and mailed it.

I have given up on this one.....

• Options

Hi All. I received my order of 5 sets Wednesday and have yet to open them. My plan is to keep 2 sets for my kids/me and sell the other 3 and break even. My question is can I open the parcel and remove my sets and the other sets still be in "un opened" condition to sell?

• Options

@Joedirt17 said:
    Hi All. I received my order of 5 sets Wednesday and have yet to open them. My plan is to keep 2 sets for my kids/me and sell the other 3 and break even. My question is can I open the parcel and remove my sets and the other sets still be in "un opened" condition to sell?

No. The only two reasons anyone would want the sets sealed :smile:

1. Shipping date for "early release" "First strike" designation. This is voided by opening the box.
    2. They think you are cherry-picking the sets. Voided by opening the box.

You can, of course sell them once opened.

• Options

Thanks for the reply. I suspected as much. I was thinking in terms of guaranteeing they haven't been looked over.

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 12, 2019 9:14AM

Anyhow if any of you regular daily forum members missed out, I do have two extra US sets in sealed mailing box . Not asking to make money, As some of you already know, I always order extra just in case one of you were battling the Zzz monsters.

No flipper please. We know who you are. ;)

• Options

VERY thoughtful of you, TurboSnail!

• Options

@Joedirt17 said:
    Thanks for the reply. I suspected as much. I was thinking in terms of guaranteeing they haven't been looked over.

Usually when it’s stated it’s still “sealed” it means it’s still in the unopened shipping box from the Mint. This way you can send it to our host to get the first strike label after the deadline of 2 Aug. https://www.pcgs.com/firststrike/

As soon as the shipping box is opened then it has to be sent in by 2 Aug to get the label.

If the intent is not to get the first strike label then it doesn’t matter so open it up and enjoy.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@Joedirt17 said:

No. The only two reasons anyone would want the sets sealed :smile:

1. Shipping date for "early release" "First strike" designation. This is voided by opening the box.
    2. They think you are cherry-picking the sets. Voided by opening the box.

You can, of course sell them once opened.

They need to be in the unopened Mint box if you want the country of Origin noted on the label. The labels with the country of origin will have a separate census ATS anyway...

Early release does not need an unopened box at any time unless the issuing Mint is also wanted.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file