Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Pride of Two Nations Limited Edition Two-Coin Set™ (19XB), Sold Out

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,678 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nurmaler said:
    Oh wow!

How is that possible? There were 99,000 sold. Large cancellation?

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nurmaler said:
    Oh wow!

I wonder if these were being reserved for the ANA... From the Mint:

American Numismatic Association’s World Fair of Money®
    Wednesday, August 14, 2019
    10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
    Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
    Rosemont, IL 60018

Meet United States Mint Director David J. Ryder and Royal Canadian Mint President & CEO Marie Lemay for a very special signing event celebrating the 2019 Pride of Two Nations Limited Edition Two-Coin Set™.

Both officials will autograph Certificates of Authenticity in honor of this landmark product celebrating two great Nations!

So it still sounds like they're going to have these on sale for the ANA. (Or do you have to bring your own CoA's? I should take a trip there and see if they'll just sign my US and Canadian CoA's...)

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nurmaler said:
    Oh wow!

Double WOW!!

Thanks for the update @nurmaler.

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 8, 2019 6:51PM

New title: pride of two nations unlimited edition and availability, no rush!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MilesWaits said:
    New title: pride of two nations unlimited edition and availability, no rush!

It's possible these will be less than issue price further down the road.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

FWIW

United States Mint & Royal Canadian Mint Heads will Sign Pride of Two Nations Sets at ANA World’s Fair of Money

August 9, 2019
    WASHINGTON – United States Mint (Mint) Director David J. Ryder will join Royal Canadian Mint President and CEO Marie Lemay to sign Certificates of Authenticity for the 2019 Pride of Two Nations Limited Edition Two-Coin Set™ on August 14, from 10:00 a.m. to noon, at the U.S. Mint booth (#1825) at the American Numismatic Association (ANA) World’s Fair of Money in Rosemont, Illinois.

https://www.usmint.gov/news/press-releases/united-states-mint-royal-canadian-mint-heads-will-sign-pride-of-two-nations-sets-at-ana-worlds-fair-of-money

• Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭

Another fizzled out modern.

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

As I said previously, overpriced by about 20-30 USD IMO and just too many out there. This always reaches the realm of conjecture, but I don't think there are a large number of "special issue" silver eagle collectors and not enough to sustain this issue.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options

@7Jaguars said:
    As I said previously, overpriced by about 20-30 USD IMO and just too many out there. This always reaches the realm of conjecture, but I don't think there are a large number of "special issue" silver eagle collectors and not enough to sustain this issue.

The price of ASEs with mintages of 100k would suggest the are 100k collectors for special finish ASEs

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe the Mint’s intention is to provide a enough collectible coins for collectors.
    I don’t believe the Mint is in in the business of supporting flippers, that believe the ability to flip determines the coins value.
    For many, this is a beautiful set of coins that they may just want to keep.

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WWW said:
    Another fizzled out modern.

Your positive statement so Inspires and Uplifts my Spirits!

• Options

@MilesWaits said:
    I believe the Mint’s intention is to provide a enough collectible coins for collectors.
    I don’t believe the Mint is in in the business of supporting flippers, that believe the ability to flip determines the coins value.
    For many, this is a beautiful set of coins that they may just want to keep.

This is quite true. It is also what the Mint should be doing. But, frankly, the Mint should to more to punish flippers who renege.

The recent reappearance of 5000 units when 99,000 were listed as sold last week suggests a LARGE cancellation/return. If that's true, and I don't know what else could be true, that individual should be punished with a restocking fee or loss of privileges. I don't just say that because I still have 40 of these on hand.

Think about what has happened:

1. Mint goes unavailable - in part because of these 5000 "sold" units.
    2. Some people start buying on the secondary market at $160 and up
    3. Suddenly, there are 5000 available at issue price.
    4. Everyone took it on the chin. People like me, may get stuck with inventory. People bought at over issue price because they weren't available and paid more than necessary. The Mint could get stuck with unsold inventory. A segment of the collecting population is left with a negative feeling about the Mint and Mint products.

5000 units is $700k worth of inventory. It is not a casual return for spotting.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

a big return stuck a fork in the 2017 enhanced sets too. they were selling for 45 dollars plus, then a 20,000 set return brought them down to issue price

• Options

“The United States Mint reserves the right to limit or refuse a return or to charge a fee for excessive returns. In addition, the Mint reserves the right to suspend accounts of customers with a pattern of excessive returns.”

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    “The United States Mint reserves the right to limit or refuse a return or to charge a fee for excessive returns. In addition, the Mint reserves the right to suspend accounts of customers with a pattern of excessive returns.”

I know. But do they ever actually DO it?

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    a big return stuck a fork in the 2017 enhanced sets too. they were selling for 45 dollars plus, then a 20,000 set return brought them down to issue price

Agreed. And those sets have actually held their value over time. They still sell for around the issue price 2 years later, something of a rarity in modern Mint material. Yet people still think of those sets as a joke. The 20,000 return and subsequent nonsense really marred an otherwise nice set.

We may see the same thing in effect here. Although silver eagles are pretty popular and they may weather the storm better than other Mint items.

• Options
    TexastTexast Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭✭

I just checked, 99+ sets still available, so much for keeping my set sealed, I may as well open it and look at them.
    I was hoping for extra value with this set, if it was a 50k mintage I'm sure there would be, but 110k and still available this late in the game I can only hope next year will be better.
    Everyone likes to believe that their purchase will gain in value, not drop or stagnate.

Anyone care to opine what the next "Winning' item from the mint will be?

On BS&T Now: Nothing.
    Fighting the Fight for 11 Years with the big "C" - Never Ever Give Up!
    Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Anyone care to opine what the next "Winning' item from the mint will be?"

Wild guess: So far the biggest winners were those issued with low mintages but higher than minted demand.
    (Both BEP products have done very well in that category :) )

I suspect the upcoming: .... American Innovation 2018 $1 Reverse Proof Introductory Coin( mintage 75k could be a winner

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Or how about the upcoming release on the 15th this week; the silver American Liberty medal? I'm going to buy one at least especially with free shipping for the rest of the year. But I refuse to buy the mint's holiday ornament, I just do. lol.

Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options

@OPA said:
    "Anyone care to opine what the next "Winning' item from the mint will be?"

Wild guess: So far the biggest winners were those issued with low mintages but higher than minted demand.
    (Both BEP products have done very well in that category :) )

I suspect the upcoming: .... American Innovation 2018 $1 Reverse Proof Introductory Coin( mintage 75k could be a winner

The BEP is woefully underestimating what printage to do now that they're on the Mint's website. I suspect this will change. For instance, the Apollo gold/silver intaglio print. Still no product limit, I think they're going to sell the hell out of it.

The RP Innobuck is going to sell out, based on the proof sales, but "winner" may be overly optimistic. :D I think it's going to do well, simply because it's cheap. It would have been better had they done, say, 50K.

@ajman said:
    Or how about the upcoming release on the 15th this week; the silver American Liberty medal? I'm going to buy one at least especially with free shipping for the rest of the year. But I refuse to buy the mint's holiday ornament, I just do. lol.

I suspect the Ag AmLib will sell out, only because it's a new type. The 2017 silver medal sold out at 55K. If not for the new type, I don't think it would have risen above that.

But keep in mind my WAG's usually suck. :D

• Options

Hello all. Just weighing in on this. I bought my household limit with the intention of selling a couple sets and realizing at least a discount on the couple sets I would keep. Right now as it seems these aren't as big of a hit as some of us have hoped I am happy to console myself in the belief that if I get "stuck" with the extra sets at least I own 5 of the most attractive a.s.e. s minted to date.

• Options

Not to mention, if you buy one with standard shipping, it works out to $72 an oz.

• Options

@ajman said:

At least it's 2.5 ounces, probably in for one. Not crazy about Liberty, I would have gone with all flowing hair.
    Not a 1/3 flowing hair and 2/3 sun rays. What do you guys think?

• Options

@Joedirt17 said:
    Hello all. Just weighing in on this. I bought my household limit with the intention of selling a couple sets and realizing at least a discount on the couple sets I would keep. Right now as it seems these aren't as big of a hit as some of us have hoped I am happy to console myself in the belief that if I get "stuck" with the extra sets at least I own 5 of the most attractive a.s.e. s minted to date.

They may not go up, but i don't think they'll go down much. Look at the price of the 2011s that have a mintage of 100k [cf. 110k for the 2019]. Those are still $150-$180 eight years later.

• Options

@morgansforever said:

@ajman said:

At least it's 2.5 ounces, probably in for one. Not crazy about Liberty, I would have gone with all flowing hair.
    Not a 1/3 flowing hair and 2/3 sun rays. What do you guys think?

Main thread is here:
    2019 American Liberty (19DA, 19DB), available 8/15.

• Options

Well, sales at 95002 this week. They haven't really sold many this week at all. Either that or we are saying the domino effect of returns.

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally got my maple leafs back at 50/50. I am satisfied getting at least 1 70.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    cagcrispcagcrisp Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

19XB 2019 PRIDE OF TWO NATIONS 97,950

• Options

How many were sold at ANA with signatures of the two Mint directors? Another variation # for slabs.

• Options

@TurboSnail said:

@7Jaguars said:
    This set is such a rip off. Basically 100 dollars for the Eagle, 40 for the Leaf (which most don't care about). Might have been a bit more fair at 120 & just don't see much of a future for it.

If I am not mistaken, ASE from this set would be rank #5 on the ASE rarity chart.
    1st 1995-W Proof 30,125 mintage
    2nd 2008-W Burnished (Reverse of 2007) 47,000 mintage
    3rd 2011-S Burnished 100,000 mintage
    4th 2011-P Reverse Proof 100,000 mintage
    5th 2019-W Enhanced Reverse Proof 110,000 mintage
    6th 2017-S Proof 123,799 mintage

Since the naysayers have been out on this set since the 5,000 sets re-emerged, it is worth noting the prices of these in the secondary market

1. 1995-W $3000
    2. 2008-W $300
    3. 2011-S $150ish
    4. 2011-P $150ish
    5. 2019-W TBD
    6. 2017-S $115

As I've said from the beginning, I don't expect the 2019-W coin to increase significantly in value, but I also don't expect it to drop much. It's issue price is around $120 (accounting for the Maple Leaf) and I think that price is appropriate to its mintage and will likely hold up.

• Options

it will be interesting to see if the prices go up a bit once sell out actually happens

• Options

If you missed your chance these are back on sale!

Member PCGS Open Forum board 2002 - 2006 (closed end of 2006) Current board since 2006 Successful trades with many members, over the past two decades, never a bad deal.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uggh, I like mine, but I hope they get put to rest SOON!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2019 6:28PM

@Texast said:
    If you missed your chance these are back on sale!

When were they off???? Haven't they been back on for weeks now?

• Options

Done with these, got my 70. :)

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my 70s and stupidly kept 1 in a mint sealed box. Not sure what i was thinking....

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    rip_frip_f Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭

There are only 25 left of these sets as of a couple minutes ago. Who wants em?

• Options

@rip_f said:
    There are only 25 left of these sets as of a couple minutes ago. Who wants em?

23 left.

Ooooo....it starts to get exciting!

• Options

stuck at 23 for several minutes now. may take hours unless someone buys 10 or something

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    stuck at 23 for several minutes now. may take hours unless someone buys 10 or something

Down to 9!

Let the countdown begin

• Options

5 left. Dropping pretty steadily now. Soon to be gone.

• Options

unbelievable, currently unavailable again for about the 10th time. might not ever sell out

• Options

@coinpalice said:
    unbelievable, currently unavailable again for about the 10th time. might not ever sell out

LOL. It's not the 10th time. I think it's the 3rd. But based on the number sold last week, there weren't that many left.

• Options

I would have bought one more, then I could have sent back the first one being as I waited to open the box and didn't see the lines, the only problem would be if the second one was as bad or worse than the first.

Besides I've already had to return four items this year, I've also filled out a CNR for non receipt of the West Point Penny,(I'm thinking it was the RP) I got it back in a large box that all it has is the one cent, I guess I will keep it sealed for future sale.

On top of the others I'm still waiting for the replacement NA C&C sets.

• Options
    ernie11ernie11 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭✭✭

Latest weekly sales report has these at 99,725.

• Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

..and are "Currently Unavailable"

• Options

@ernie11 said:

@BigA said:
    ..and are "Currently Unavailable"

Finally!

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:

@ernie11 said:

@BigA said:
    ..and are "Currently Unavailable"to

Finally!

They have 275 more so it come to sale one more time

Collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options

it took over 2 hours to sell the last 25 before they went unavailable

• Options

@Kliao said:

@Hemispherical said:

@ernie11 said:

@BigA said:
    ..and are "Currently Unavailable"to

Finally!

They have 275 more so it come to sale one more time

Not necessarily. A lot of these end up with mintages less than the maximum allowed. It depends on how many returns they had.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file