Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Kaepernick a jerk?

Comments

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭✭

When did this become about Michael Brown? How about Philando Castile or John Crawford III or Walter Scott or Charles Kinsley or Levar Jones or the countless others that have been beaten, shot or killed? Just because SteveK believes that the Brown shooting had to be the genesis of CK's protest doesn't actually make it fact.

The protesters have been raising awareness for police brutality in general and the systemic inequality faced by minorities. You all may want to make this about Michael Brown but it is not.

As for Michael Brown, I think when all the evidence was presented he stands as a poor example. Of course, that is exactly why SteveK used his situation.

SteveK, the studies take into account past criminal history when comparing sentencing. Nice try though.

Robb

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 12, 2018 5:02PM

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/28/officers-killed-in-line-duty-in-2018.amp.html Every time you talk about support for Kap remember his disrespect and disregard for Law Enforcement and think of these Officers and their loved ones. Figured I’d throw that up their since this is spinning to more liberal nonsense about police brutality being the norm

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,842 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fergie23 said:
    When did this become about Michael Brown? How about Philando Castile or John Crawford III or Walter Scott or Charles Kinsley or Levar Jones or the countless others that have been beaten, shot or killed? Just because SteveK believes that the Brown shooting had to be the genesis of CK's protest doesn't actually make it fact.

The protesters have been raising awareness for police brutality in general and the systemic inequality faced by minorities. You all may want to make this about Michael Brown but it is not.

As for Michael Brown, I think when all the evidence was presented he stands as a poor example. Of course, that is exactly why SteveK used his situation.

SteveK, the studies take into account past criminal history when comparing sentencing. Nice try though.

Robb

Robb - The "genesis" as you call it, started with Michael Brown's death. Everybody knows this. So why would you deny that? To deny it makes no sense but then again neither does Colin Kaepernick.

As far as your last sentence, it is impossible to accurately put together exact comparisons of criminal histories. Every criminal has a different history, and the judge reviews a particular history when passing sentence on a new case when a criminal is found guilty.

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@fergie23 said:

Robb

When asked about the kneeling, Kap rambled on with a laundry list of stuff that he hated about America, including Hillary and Trump. Somehow it morphed into police brutality against blacks. Nike turned it into an add campaign.

Screw them both.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

@fergie23 said:

Robb

When asked about the kneeling, Kap rambled on with a laundry list of stuff that he hated about America, including Hillary and Trump. Somehow it morphed into police brutality against blacks. Nike turned it into an add campaign.

Screw them both.

You're 100% right.

But the Michael Brown incident which led to Black Lives Matter is without question what sparked Colin Kaepernick's antics.

We all know that this subject isn't anything new. I mean movies have been made about crooked cops, etc, since the 1930's. And the problem had been going on long before then.

Nobody likes crooked cops and when they break the law, they should be prosecuted. We all agree with that.

However the bottom line is Kaepernick and his supporters act as if there is little or nothing already in place to adjudicate these issues...including racial profiling when it exists.

• Options

Let me throw some more knowledge at the bleeding hearts. When it comes to Sentencing criminals their criminal history is taken into consideration, their incarceration history as well. So when I hear that a black guy got sentenced more harshly than a white guy for the same offense I’d be willing to bet that the numbers that the liberals skew together for their agenda doesn’t tell the entire story. If a guy has 25 arrests under his belt and another guy has no record or 1 or 2 arrests under his belt the judge is going to sentence the guy with 25 arrests more harshly. Judges are liberal people anyways and time after time allow dangerous animals to be acquitted of horrific crimes because a defense attorney outwitted the prosecutor. Guys also pick up charges in jail too don’t forget, these gang bangers get their hooks into young first timers that are scared and want protection and in turn are told to do something that will result in a fresh charge just to get initiated in with their “Boys” I’ve seen 18 year old kids come in for a short sentence and promptly pick up a year plus for doing a mission.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Let me throw some more knowledge at the bleeding hearts. When it comes to Sentencing criminals their criminal history is taken into consideration, their incarceration history as well. So when I hear that a black guy got sentenced more harshly than a white guy for the same offense I’d be willing to bet that the numbers that the liberals skew together for their agenda doesn’t tell the entire story. If a guy has 25 arrests under his belt and another guy has no record or 1 or 2 arrests under his belt the judge is going to sentence the guy with 25 arrests more harshly. Judges are liberal people anyways and time after time allow dangerous animals to be acquitted of horrific crimes because a defense attorney outwitted the prosecutor. Guys also pick up charges in jail too don’t forget, these gang bangers get their hooks into young first timers that are scared and want protection and in turn are told to do something that will result in a fresh charge just to get initiated in with their “Boys” I’ve seen 18 year old kids come in for a short sentence and promptly pick up a year plus for doing a mission.

Well stated by Perkdog.

In my opinion, many of the Kaepernick supporters do so out of ignorance of not fully understanding the issue and the facts.

The Kaepernick supporters who are knowledgeable about the issue and the facts, already know that their presentation is a false narrative. I think that Coinstartled hit the nail on the head, and that their real agenda is obviously political. Since politics is off topic at CU, I shall have no comment regarding that.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Well stated by Perkdog.

In my opinion, many of the Kaepernick supporters do so out of ignorance of not fully understanding the issue and the facts.

The Kaepernick supporters who are knowledgeable about the issue and the facts, already know that their presentation is a false narrative. I think that Coinstartled hit the nail on the head, and that their real agenda is obviously political. Since politics is off topic at CU, I shall have no comment regarding that.

What a weak effort Steve. You can do better. But if you were looking for a laugh you succeeded.

mark

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Well stated by Perkdog.

What a weak effort Steve. You can do better. But if you were looking for a laugh you succeeded.

mark

Thanks Mark - Coming from you that's a superb compliment.

I'll wait for Grote to click the LOL and it's mission accomplished.

• Options

If cops are racist, why is it always the males that end up in the cross hairs of the > @Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Well stated by Perkdog.

mark

Mark, you can read this during your next break.
    https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/30/opinions/where-kaepernick-lost-me-cane/index.html

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,808 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Charge of the Right Brigade went off the cliff years ago in this thread and yet it continues in an effort to reach rock bottom.

Conrats...Well played.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    edited September 13, 2018 12:21PM

@> @Coinstartled said:
    If cops are racist, why is it always the males that end up in the cross hairs of the > @Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

Well stated by Perkdog.

mark

Mark, you can read this during your next break.
    https://www.cnn.com/2016/08/30/opinions/where-kaepernick-lost-me-cane/index.html

Make no mistake about it Kap is the racist, deep down he hates White People. That’s the part that his supporters don’t realize

• Options
    edited September 13, 2018 1:35PM

One of the best parts of Kaps collision case is he was all set to be brought in by the Ravens after the owner and Ray Lewis talked about it and they both had to back off because Kap supported his girlfriend even after she referenced the Ravens owner and Ray Lewis to the likes of a “Slave owner & Slave”

• Options

@coinkat said:
    The Charge of the Right Brigade went off the cliff years ago in this thread and yet it continues in an effort to reach rock bottom.

Conrats...Well played.

I contacted the great grandson of Sigmund Freud and asked him to please analyze this thread.

He very kindly said that he would do so.

He just emailed me back only with the comment, "After reading that thread, I have decided to quit the profession of psychiatry and instead become a plumber."

• Options

Lots of people get it. This owner certainly does. I think most do. Everyone knows it. The biggest pile of bull-dinky ever.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-attacks-nfl-protesters-pile-131428182.html

While many NFL owners have tiptoed around the issue of players taking a knee during the national anthem, new Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper just stepped right in.

During an interview with CNBC at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Tepper blasted President Donald Trump and other critics on Thursday for vilifying players who are kneeling to protest racial injustice.

“It’s the biggest pile of bull-dinky ever,” Tepper said. “These are some of the most patriotic people and best people. These are great young men. So to say that ... It just makes me so aggravated and angry. .. It’s just dead wrong.”

Tepper cited the players’ off-the-field community work as an example of their patriotism and said the NFL could better promote their pay-it-forward acts.

“You’ve got a lot of people that do a lot of good things,” he said. “So I think maybe the league could do more, maybe they can, maybe they can’t, saying how much good the players do. ... Get that message out more.”

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

Kneel once and you are suspended a game. Kneel twice and you are off the team.

They will learn quick.

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

They will learn quick.

Because they will chose money first EVERY TIME

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@Coinstartled said:

They will learn quick.

Because they will chose money first EVERY TIME

I think we can all agree its easy to take a position when it doesn't cost any money. If people risk their own cash earnings though then maybe they are serious. One could offer a suspension without pay for non compliance with team policy and lets see who blinks.

I don't particularly care either way but the present situation is a distraction from the games so lets force one side or the other ,maybe we can get past it that way.

That being said , as a Trump voter I'm enjoying him running his mouth about it and stirring up both sides I don't want that to stop particularly . I voted for him to bring the chaos and so far I haven't been disappointed. :D

Its hard to feel sorry for millionaire players and billionaire owners so crash the whole league if need be, I'll find something else to do on Sundays

• Options

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2018/09/13/dallas-low-tv-ratings-local-tv-ratings-nfl-tv-ratings/

Dallas local TV ratings should make the rest of the NFL nervous

There’s this idea of bellwether stocks or leading indicators in finance. Essentially it means that if the leading indicator starts going down or up, the rest of the market will go down or up. It’s like being able to see the future because that indicator’s reaction signifies something about the future. If that’s the case, the NFL could be in trouble with television ratings this year. The Cowboys registered their lowest local ratings since 2009.

This is when we throw out the normal disclaimer. No matter how much ratings dip, the NFL is still by far the most watched programming on television. It’s like dropping from the heights of Mount Everest to the heights of Mount Kilimanjaro. It’s still pretty high.

Having said that, the Dallas market is an important market for one of the most watched teams in the country. There is a reason the Cowboys are valued at over $4 billion dollars. They absolutely own Dallas Fort-Worth. Nothing else really matters. The Rangers are fun, but the baseball team doesn’t garner as much attention as the Cowboys. Dallas, by all accounts, is a pretty good basketball city, but the Cowboys dominate the Mavericks when it comes to popularity. The NFL does not want to see one of it’s most important market losing fans. It’s not a good look. It’s cause for concern. Other local markets — and national markets — are going to get hit. Any national game with the Cowboys would normally draw larger numbers than other teams, and that might not be the case this year.

The funny thing is that this could be the thing to get Jason Garrett fired. It won’t be because he’s only made the playoffs in two of his nine seasons at head coach. It won’t be because Dak Prescott hasn’t grown as a player in two years. It won’t be because his scheme isn’t effective. It will be because people stopped watching the Cowboys. It will be because people didn’t want to watch because the game is boring. It will be because the Cowboys ratings dip. That’s a shot at Jerry Jones’ pockets. Lower ratings mean less money. Jones can’t have that. He needs to dominate the Dallas television market.

The Cowboys don’t look like they’ll be very good this year. They lack any weapons on the outside. Their offense looks to be lost. There will be a lot of handoffs to Ezekiel Elliott and not much else. That won’t bring viewers back to their television set.

The NFL could theoretically treat this as a function of the localized market, but that might not be the right way to look at things. If Dallas is a leading indicator of television ratings, then the NFL is in for a long year of ratings dips and questions about what is wrong with the NFL television product.

If Kaepernick supporters believe that their hero has nothing to do with this, then that would be quite naive.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

It's quite easy to read this and see for a variety of reasons, that there is another side to the story. How could the police know that he was mentally challenged? The police may have thought the guy was on meth or something like that. Sadly the guy likely was confused and unintentionally non-compliant, but the police didn't know that. In my view it just seems like a very tragic set of circumstances for the most part.

Keep in mind that the officer had already received information that no crime had been committed and he had absolutely nothing to investigate and no reason to interact with Zehm.

I would agree that the rest of the police department in their view, didn't wish to see their fellow officer punished for what seems like a completely unintentional error. In any event, the police officer you say received six years in prison.

He and his fellow officers broke the law by using an illegal hog-tying technique. They knew it was wrong, they knew it was illegal. They did it anyway.

And, again, they all lied about what they did.

I do find it interesting that you read that story and still somehow turned it into Zehm's fault or looked for excuses to defend the officers' actions. Again, to be clear: Zehm did nothing illegal, nothing wrong whatsoever. The police set upon him, killed him, lied about it, and then saluted the main instigator in court. And, again, the captain, chief, and DA all lied about what the video showed. It's one thing to support somebody through an unintentional error. It's a whole 'nother thing to watch a video, see what it shows, and then just flat-out lie about what the video shows.

That police officer who served six years. Despite the agony of doing the six years, i guarantee you that he would rather be doing the time, then be shot and dead.

And I'm sure Otto Zehm would rather be alive, too, rather than dead from being attacked by a police officer who knew that Zehm had done nothing wrong.

• Options

It other news Nike closes at an all-time high.

mark

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Lots of people get it. This owner certainly does. I think most do. Everyone knows it. The biggest pile of bull-dinky ever.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-attacks-nfl-protesters-pile-131428182.html

While many NFL owners have tiptoed around the issue of players taking a knee during the national anthem, new Carolina Panthers owner David Tepper just stepped right in.

During an interview with CNBC at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Tepper blasted President Donald Trump and other critics on Thursday for vilifying players who are kneeling to protest racial injustice.

“It’s the biggest pile of bull-dinky ever,” Tepper said. “These are some of the most patriotic people and best people. These are great young men. So to say that ... It just makes me so aggravated and angry. .. It’s just dead wrong.”

Tepper cited the players’ off-the-field community work as an example of their patriotism and said the NFL could better promote their pay-it-forward acts.

“You’ve got a lot of people that do a lot of good things,” he said. “So I think maybe the league could do more, maybe they can, maybe they can’t, saying how much good the players do. ... Get that message out more.”

m

Mark - Some good advice for you and your sidekick grote15. You are beat on this issue. Stop supporting a jerk who adores Fidel Castro along with a list of other entirely negative things.

Kaepernick's cause has basically withered out, although the media wishes to keep it alive for various reasons. The fact is that there were very few kneelers in the NFL on opening day 2018.

The bottom like is that Kaepernick proved himself to be a fraud. As Perkdog pointed out earlier, Kaepernick has stated that he would forgo any kneeling if some NFL team would sign him.

But don't worry about it, I certainly don't expect you to heed the advice, even though you should. ;)

• Options

Criminal histories were factored into sentence comparisons. In fact age, education, citizenship, weapon possession and prior criminal histories were all part of the controls used when comparing sentencing. I know your side of the aisle no longer believes in experts, science and the scientific method but seriously your entire argument on the prison sentencing comparisons between whites and African Americans is flawed.

Anyway one side of this discussion uses facts - mine - the other side uses anecdotes and opinions. Since the facts don't align with your personal beliefs and experiences you all just ignore them.

Robb

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

mark

Despite their awful advertising campaign, the economy is just too good.

People have more money to buy more Nike products.

• Options

@Tabe said:

@stevek said:

It's quite easy to read this and see for a variety of reasons, that there is another side to the story. How could the police know that he was mentally challenged? The police may have thought the guy was on meth or something like that. Sadly the guy likely was confused and unintentionally non-compliant, but the police didn't know that. In my view it just seems like a very tragic set of circumstances for the most part.

Keep in mind that the officer had already received information that no crime had been committed and he had absolutely nothing to investigate and no reason to interact with Zehm.

I would agree that the rest of the police department in their view, didn't wish to see their fellow officer punished for what seems like a completely unintentional error. In any event, the police officer you say received six years in prison.

He and his fellow officers broke the law by using an illegal hog-tying technique. They knew it was wrong, they knew it was illegal. They did it anyway.

And, again, they all lied about what they did.

I do find it interesting that you read that story and still somehow turned it into Zehm's fault or looked for excuses to defend the officers' actions. Again, to be clear: Zehm did nothing illegal, nothing wrong whatsoever. The police set upon him, killed him, lied about it, and then saluted the main instigator in court. And, again, the captain, chief, and DA all lied about what the video showed. It's one thing to support somebody through an unintentional error. It's a whole 'nother thing to watch a video, see what it shows, and then just flat-out lie about what the video shows.

That police officer who served six years. Despite the agony of doing the six years, i guarantee you that he would rather be doing the time, then be shot and dead.

And I'm sure Otto Zehm would rather be alive, too, rather than dead from being attacked by a police officer who knew that Zehm had done nothing wrong.

I had never heard of the case before. i took a quick look at the video on Youtube.

I stand by my comments. Please don't exaggerate what I stated.

Anyone who has ever watched the show "Cops", sees take downs similar to this. Although usually not as much baton thrashing.

However, that's what a police baton is there to do, in certain instances to subdue the perpetrator.

In any event, the police officer got six years, would you have preferred the guillotine?

• Options

@fergie23 said:
    Criminal histories were factored into sentence comparisons. In fact age, education, citizenship, weapon possession and prior criminal histories were all part of the controls used when comparing sentencing. I know your side of the aisle no longer believes in experts, science and the scientific method but seriously your entire argument on the prison sentencing comparisons between whites and African Americans is flawed.

Anyway one side of this discussion uses facts - mine - the other side uses anecdotes and opinions. Since the facts don't align with your personal beliefs and experiences you all just ignore them.

Robb

Perkdog has been in law enforcement for 20 years. I'll take his inside view on this matter over yours any time.

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

mark

Well that certainly closes the debate, Mark. We can get back to dog and cat picS

• Options

@fergie23 said:

Robb

I don’t know who you think you are but your out of line and your out of your mind. You say your side uses “Facts” and my side is “Beliefs” ? So your fake facts that are done by liberals with agendas that people like you feed right into and cry about everything being unfair, everyone deserves a trophy and all that crap but myself and the people I associated with on a professional law enforcement level for a very long time are just wrong? You are the one who is clearly wrong and you might not realize it for a number of reasons but one thing is for sure you are definitely into the fake news and liberal agenda waaaaaaay too much

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone who has ever watched the show "Cops", sees take downs similar to this.

Well, I guess that settles it, then, LOLOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@grote15 said:
    Anyone who has ever watched the show "Cops", sees take downs similar to this.

Well, I guess that settles it, then, LOLOL..

Took around ten seconds to find this on YouTube. There are many more on there, some much more brutal than this, regarding rough take downs needed to be done by multiple police officers.

https://youtu.be/X1L1APOGhLI

• Options

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

Perkdog has been in law enforcement for 20 years. I'll take his inside view on this matter over yours any time.

and perkdog has had to deal with the scum of the earth for those 20 years. No one here knows what it's like to deal with scum day after day after day. It wears on you. You take it home with you, and you begin to dislike people very quickly. You didn't want your life to turn out that way, but that's just what happens.

It certainly wasn’t easy and that’s why I retired after my 20 rather than stick around until I was 55 or do the unthinkable 32 years then blow my brains out after, no I put my foot out the door as soon as I could. I will say not all my view points here are due to my work history, most people can see right through this facade that Kap is feeding weak minded people.

• Options

The weak minded people are those that can't be objective.

It wasn't the kids demanding trophies, it was their parents demanding that they be given them. Is that the fault of the children or the parents?

Robb

• Options
    edited September 15, 2018 5:38AM

@fergie23 said:
    The weak minded people are those that can't be objective.

It wasn't the kids demanding trophies, it was their parents demanding that they be given them. Is that the fault of the children or the parents?

Robb

Really Robb??? That’s exactly who I’m talking about, liberal Adults. The ones that vote and cry if their politician lost, the ones that are easily swayed by some washed up racist football player telling everyone how they should feel and how they should view things in society, people that basically support criminals and think LE is the problem, the ones that think it’s ok for a 10 year old kid to identity as either a boy or girl. Yea Robb the adults, the ones that unfortunately influence societies children.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

and perkdog has had to deal with the scum of the earth for those 20 years. No one here knows what it's like to deal with scum day after day after day. It wears on you. You take it home with you, and you begin to dislike people very quickly. You didn't want your life to turn out that way, but that's just what happens.

It certainly wasn’t easy and that’s why I retired after my 20 rather than stick around until I was 55 or do the unthinkable 32 years then blow my brains out after, no I put my foot out the door as soon as I could. I will say not all my view points here are due to my work history, most people can see right through this facade that Kap is feeding weak minded people.

Without question, Kaepernick is feeding weak minded people. These people may not be "weak minded" in other areas such as the kneeling football players being top athletes, or some here who have knowledge about coins and cards. However it's obvious they all have no discernible clue about this topic of Colin Kaepernick.

Most who support Kaepernick out there are the young and ignorant. Those who still live at home with their parents, who have been taught revisionist history spewed by teachers in public schools that have a particular agenda.

Most of these young people though as they get out there in the real world, will earn a living and become responsible citizens. They will come to understand the truth behind Colin Kaepernick.

Kaepernick is a jerk, that shouldn't even be debatable. The only debatable point should be to what degree.

• Options

Over 80% of the people that actually live it, African Americans, support the kneelers. Are they all weak minded as well?

Right, it is only 'liberal' adults that demanded trophies for participating, lol. You are delusional.

It is not only CK telling people how they should feel and view things, you and your supporters are doing the exact same thing.

Robb

• Options

@fergie23 said:
    Over 80% of the people that actually live it, African Americans, support the kneelers. Are they all weak minded as well?

Right, it is only 'liberal' adults that demanded trophies for participating, lol. You are delusional.

It is not only CK telling people how they should feel and view things, you and your supporters are doing the exact same thing.

Robb

Saying that we should respect our national anthem and flag.

Oh the horror. LOL

• Options

It’s OK Robb, keep feeding into washed up athletes and following them. Talj about weak minded, you let the media and guys like Kap decide how you should think. Good luck with that lol

• Options

So funny, because I agree that there are some issues in law enforcement that should be addressed, I am letting the media and guys like Kap decide how I should think. While you all are not being swayed by anything except your rock solid belief in, wait what is that rock solid belief based on? Ohh right, your experiences as a white man and the media and guys like Trump that agree with you.

Robb

• Options
    edited September 15, 2018 6:16AM

@stevek said:

@fergie23 said:

Robb

Oh the horror. LOL

Saying that we should respect the flag or anthem. Who exactly is saying that? You? Those who think like you?

We live in a country where you can choose to partipate or not. None of those who sit or take a knee don’t think they are disrespecting the anthem or the flag. You are saying that. It doesn’t make it so. In North Korea you probably have to stand and repsect the flag. Not here and it’s never been the case. I do chose to stand but I don’t take exception to those that don’t

BTW these guys get it. I can’t for the life of me why you guys can’t.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/VeteransForKaepernick?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw

• Options

@Justacommeman said:

@stevek said:

@fergie23 said:

Robb

Oh the horror. LOL

Saying that we should respect the flag or anthem. Who exactly is saying that? You? Those who think like you?

We live in a country where you can choose to partipate or not. None of those who sit or take a knee don’t think they are disrespecting the anthem or the flag. You are saying that. It doesn’t make it so. In North Korea you probably have to stand and repsect the flag. Not here and it’s never been the case. I do chose to stand but I don’t take exception to those that don’t

BTW these guys get it. I can’t for the life of me why you guys can’t.

https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/VeteransForKaepernick?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw

<<< None of those who sit or take a knee don’t think they are disrespecting the anthem or the flag. >>>

They may say that for various reasons, however I don't believe them. And I don't think hardly anyone else believes them either.

<<< In North Korea you probably have to stand and repsect the flag. >>>

The big difference is that nobody in our country is being placed in front of a firing squad for disrespecting our flag, as what would likely happen in North Korea.

<<< https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/VeteransForKaepernick?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw >>>

In any large group there are fringe elements whose specific views differ from most of the group. It's not even close to being debatable that the vast majority, virtually all veterans respect our flag and national anthem.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

In any large group there are fringe elements whose specific views differ from most of the group. It's not even close to being debatable that the vast majority, virtually all veterans respect our flag and national anthem.

You appear to be debating it , your logic is circular , therefore your argument is nullified . You are starting to sound like a preacher , you are not changing anyone's mind by endlessly repeating yourself. Step away from the thread , lets see if we can get it to roll off of page one of the forum.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@stevek said:

You appear to be debating it , your logic is circular , therefore your argument is nullified . You are starting to sound like a preacher , you are not changing anyone's mind by endlessly repeating yourself. Step away from the thread , lets see if we can get it to roll off of page one of the forum.

<<< lets see if we can get it to roll off of page one of the forum. >>>

I've made several attempts to do that. I'd repeat those posts but then you might think I'm being "circular."

It's the Kaepernick supporters who keep coming back here with their same lame points, so I'm forced to respond with valid points.

The basic problem is the Kaepernick supporters have been checkmated again and again. But they keep turning over the chessboard.

• Options

@fergie23 said:
    So funny, because I agree that there are some issues in law enforcement that should be addressed, I am letting the media and guys like Kap decide how I should think. While you all are not being swayed by anything except your rock solid belief in, wait what is that rock solid belief based on? Ohh right, your experiences as a white man and the media and guys like Trump that agree with you.

Robb

Why does it have to be because of my experience as a white man? Your telling me that the hundreds of thousands upon hundreds of thousands of black people in this country that have served in the military, Law Enforcement have educations, beautiful homes with nice families, pay their bills, have jobs and send their kids off to college and have never been arrested all haven’t had a fair shot because of their skin color? They are angry at all white People? They get treated unfairly? Your delusional

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog @stevek we are wasting our time. There is no way we can convince anyone that K-crap is the dirt bag scum hypocrite that he is. The mere fact that he said he would stand IF someone would hire him proves that. Let it go.....we are speaking to a wall.

• Options

It’s obvious that we all stand by our convictions and beliefs, no amount of arguing will change how any us feel regarding this entire topic and related topics so I will do my part to just let this thread go so we can go back to fun sports talk and making fun of each other’s sports teams. This will be my last post in this thread.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    @perkdog @stevek we are wasting our time. There is no way we can convince anyone that K-crap is the dirt bag scum hypocrite that he is. The mere fact that he said he would stand IF someone would hire him proves that. Let it go.....we are speaking to a wall.

Now that's good advice.

Hopefully this doesn't happen.....

https://youtu.be/S-IkWpm7TS0

• Options
    Skin2Skin2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    edited September 15, 2018 8:58AM

@1970s said:
    Let's say an officer suspects a person of having drugs and asks them to be frisked. What should the officer do if the person runs away ? When the officer finally catches this person, what should the officer do when the person keeps trying to get away from the search for drugs ? Should the officer just let them go, or should they use force to do the search ? An easy question to answer.

Snowflakes answer is, "Use your words"

If a guy robs a convenient store and you tell him to drop the gun...and he refuses. What do you do? Then you say, "Stay where you are," and he starts walking away. Do you just let him walk away? The Snowflake solution is to let the guy walk away, follow him for days, get forty men, set an old fashioned siege around his residence, and wait him out for 40 days. 40 men 40 days. lol.

Then, what if the man with the gun starts walking toward you???? Decisions in milliseconds with many outcomes all because a man committed a violent crime. Start to get the picture?

Lets say a guy commits an armed robbery, and you are in charge of millions of impressionable people, do you condemn the act of the armed robbery or condemn the act of the methods used to apprehend the armed robber?

In our society, what would you rather eliminate? Would you rather eliminate all armed robberies, assaults, and murders....or eliminate the current methods used to apprehend or detain the perpetrators of such acts?

if you were looking to make a change in society, which would make our society better? No more armed robberies or violent crimes....or no more police brutality(perceived or real)??

When Nike finds someone to celebrate who can rid our society of the real problem, violent acts of crime, I'm all in.

This discussion has been closed.