Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Post your April 2018 Pickups!!

Comments

• Options
    minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

@UFFDAH where do you get those case protectors? Those are sweet. Sweet cards.

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 5, 2018 12:06PM

@minnesotahusker - go to cardcasepro.com

I use both their Card Cases and their Card Bags. They are awesome.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brady looks best in Maize and Blue!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 9, 2018 9:06AM

Mo

1992 Bowman #302 Mariano Rivera

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    sinoth23sinoth23 Posts: 152 ✭✭

Sweet Bird/Magic/Dr card

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

just got a signed bobby orr puck and a signed Bo Jackson book at Value Village

• Options

nice looking Judge

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Arsenal83 said:

Nice looking Joe D. For the grade. Congrats.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

@slum22 said:
    This is not really a pickup I suppose, but I just got this back from PSA today. Very excited to get it back in hand and slabbed. This is actually the second time I have completed this card in signed fashion. Both times the cards received a PSA 6 technical grade, but this one is a superior card for eye appeal both for the card and for the signatures.

That is sick!

Andy

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dictoresno said:
    I know everyone here mostly does vintage but here are my pickups so far.

The other side of the Atomic is my fav ;)

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2018 3:26PM

Been pretty slow on the buying front for awhile.

I have never left one pack sealed so probably going to rip this. Time will tell.

It has been three years since I saw a copy of this card posted on this site. I never knew it existed prior. It is a different variation. I am not sure why but the 1976 set is much harder to find than the 1974. An awesome pic of Harley Race!

After buying this I contacted the seller to see if he had any other nice cards from the set and he offered this card at a very high price but I didn’t haggle since he hooked me up on the little Hogan. Jack Brisco was a big deal in Florida and I love seeing the NWA strap represented. A very rare card in any condition. Both are coming from Japan so it will be a little while until they are in hand.

• Options
    KendallCatKendallCat Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweet cards. I remember watching Brisco live as a young kid when he was the World champ at the Miami Beach convention center on a Wednesday night. Back in the 70’s every Wednesday was at the CC and they taped in Tampa for Saturday am showings.

IMO that was the golden era - CWF (Championship Wrestling from Florida). Brisco, Dusty, Mike and Eddie Graham, Gordon Solie, Gary Hart’s Army... Every young wrestler coming up went through Florida. Harley was as tough as they come in pro wrestling, and the torch was passed to Flair at the perfect time. WTBS gave Georgia Wrestling the perfect push in the early 80’s along with cable TV.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KendallCat

CWF was my childhood.

Grabbed this recently and got it in the mail today. Had to have the rookie card of these two CWF legends.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Beck6 said:

April started off well. Found a storage locker for sale. All unopened wax. Opened some of the 1989 fleer and yielded this beauty. As you can see I have a lot more to open.

I thought this was one of the latest vintage BBCE find.> @Beck6 said:

April started off well. Found a storage locker for sale. All unopened wax. Opened some of the 1989 fleer and yielded this beauty. As you can see I have a lot more to open.

Nice score. Should be fun to rip. For a minute I thought this was the latest BBCE find. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    daprodapro Posts: 209 ✭✭
    edited April 6, 2018 10:09PM

Just got another Montana RC. This one I put in a low bid and actually won.

• Options

Awesome cards being shared!!

I don't have one, but I have always thought of the 57' Clemente as an all time classic in collecting. Great card Largent!!

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the Clemente. Nice centering.
    James

• Options

@Largentcollector said:
    A couple of fresh adds, nicely centered Iceman RC and my first Clemente 57 Topps style.

Two great looking cards. Well done as always.

• Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭

Two more BGS 9.5's. I've got a few of these now I need to try to cross over to PSA 10's.

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

Rickey digs the eBay bucks

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some older "pickups" but back from PSA and PCGS this week. Little something from both sides.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options

Raw so it's always tough to tell until in hand but this looks to be a pretty sharp copy of a classic Yankee rookie. Hoping for 7-8 range.

1955 Bowman #68 Elston Howard

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

So much great stuff!

Congratulations to all.

But this grabbed my eye. Really super pickup Steve.

Mike
  • Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options

@prgsdw said:
    Some tremendous pick ups so far this month! Amazing to watch this thread and see the variety of items that show up. That stamp panel is really neat and that 1980 Henderson pops.

I Just got done scanning some pick ups for my 1965 Philadelphia gum raw football set - I've posted some below including a very nice (IMHO) checklist #1:

I'm very pleased with these additions to my 1969 Topps football raw set - I'm now 4 raw cards away from completing the first series (Bryon Piccolo, Larry Csonka, Jim Lindsey and Roman Garbriel):

Overall, it was a great mail day!

Steve

Those are some sweet looking raw pickups. Well done.

• Options
    dictoresnodictoresno Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@slimies said:
    nice looking Judge

Thanks. I got a Green /99, Refractor and 2017 Judge 1997 Best Cuts and Atomic Best Cuts inserts at PSA now.

myslabs.to/smzcards

• Options
    PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭

Yes those football cards are outstanding.

• Options
    OzcelticsOzceltics Posts: 27 ✭✭

Pop 3 Don Nelson for my 1973 Celtics

• Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    edited April 8, 2018 6:42AM

Blue light specials. These were relatively cheap. I'm a sucker for a centered 5. That Starr looks amazing to me for the grade.

• Options

just picked this one up

• Options
    Dand522612Dand522612 Posts: 417 ✭✭✭

How early is that signature? Looks possibly early

@SpinFadeSplash23 said:
    Just purchased from BBCE. Had my eye on it for awhile and we worked out a fair price. Great addition to my MJ collection.

• Options

heres a few cards grabbed up this from a garage sale

• Options

Really big piece of the teams I loved as a kid. Core Four.

1994 Bowman #38 Jorge Posada

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

More Cowboys

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭

Love the Henderson Rookie. I need to get that card again. Ive had to sell it a couple of times already in order to help finance a bigger card but I sure do miss seeing it in my collection.

Unitas is a beauty. Razor Sharp.

I also really enjoyed that 87 Jordan auto. He is a tough one and pretty much the only way someone is getting a Jordan auto these days is to be really REALLY lucky in person or just cough up the dough. Always in high demand so you cant go wrong.

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

Love to see those Cowboys Abe. Congrats on the 1974 Staubach, very nice item, great eye appeal.

• Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Steve, I'm happier with the card overall than the PSA 9 that you and I discussed a while back, helps to save a couple hundred bucks as well.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Always loved that Jordan 1996 SPx Record Breaker Hologram.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options

Today I got back some cards I sent into PSA for AUTO GRADING including a Jadeveon Clowney 1/1 that is a recent pick up.

26367924 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 2000 Playoff Contenders 103 Brian Urlacher Autographed
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

25919531 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 2004 Ultimate Collection 127 Ben Roethlisberger Autograph
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

24980819 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 1999 SP Authentic WPA Walter Payton Autographed
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

27962766 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 2013 Leaf Metal Draft Autographs BAAJ1 Aaron Judge Green
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

27614826 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 2013 Bowman Sterling Autograph Prospects AJ Aaron Judge Gold Refractor
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

25353668 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: Authentic 1999 Playoff Contenders 146 Kurt Warner Speed Red-Autograph
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

28363253 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: Authentic 2005 Finest Aaron Rodgers Autograph
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

25425141 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 2001 Playoff Contenders 150 LaDainian Tomlinson Autographed
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

27219406 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 2001 Leaf R & S 202 Drew Brees Autographed
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

26281163 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 2004 Playoff Contenders 131 Eli Manning Autograph
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

26462127 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: Authentic 2004 Spx 220 Ben Roethlisberger Signed Jersey-Spectrum Gold
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

26580354 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: Authentic 1998 Bowman Certified Autograph A1 Peyton Manning Blue
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

22380539 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: GEM MT 10 1999 Skybox Premium Autographics Kurt Warner Autographics
    PSA/DNA Certified Card

28446979 Item Grade: GEM MINT 10
    Auto Grade: Authentic 2004 SP Game Used Authentic Fabric Autograph Aaftb Tom Brady Auth.Fabric-Autograph
    PSA/DNA Certified Card