Home Metal Detecting
Options

Parking lot finds

Not much detecting going on here as I've been doing a lot of subbing. I've stopped by the High School on the way home and walked the student parking lot three times and found $1.86 in change. No bills yet but it does happen there at times.image

Comments

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    The other day I was walking through the local elementary school parking lot and found part of a keychain with a beetle encased in it. Sort of like this one, except it was a brown bug:

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i got .63 cents in the last 2 days. i wont argue with extra coffee money
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    That's better than most of my days detecting. Plus way less stress on the knees (I promise I'll get those knee pads sooner than later!). I found a quarter at my work's parking lot the other day. It went into the food fund jar for snacks.
  • Options
    this will probably end up being posted 5 times... system is glitching

That's better than most of my days detecting. Plus way less stress on the knees (I promise I'll get those knee pads sooner than later!). I found a quarter at my work's parking lot the other day. It went into the food fund jar for snacks.
  • Options
    At the beginning of August, I started exercising by doing a 1.5 mile walk around the neighborhood. On my first day I found a $20 bill.
    I love the 3 P's: PB&J, PBR and PCGS.
  • Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Had to hand over my biggest haul....
    Mid 1960's, I lived next to the Catholic school I attended, grade 3 maybe.
    There was always a large carnival mid summer, SO, I had the brilliant idea of getting up very early, right before the sun rose, and look for lost change, etc.
    Boy, I found a lot!
    It was a dream come true, until I looked up and the Priest asked me what I was doing there so early.......
    He thanked me for being honest and collecting and protecting 'The Lord's Money from dishonest people.'
    I didn't dare ask him for a finders fee!
    I did learn a valuable lesson, since then, anything I find, and extra that I have, goes to a Good Charity.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find small coins almost every time I hit the market or the mall..... I think sometimes people just toss their cents and nickels.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭
    34 cents more from the same lot yesterday.image
  • Options
    Only one cent yesterday in the Michael's parking lot....image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    43 cents one day and 32 cents several days later. $2.95 for the monthimage
  • Options
    A nickel and two cents in the market lot yesterday....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This morning in a dirt parking lot adjacent to a local park I found a 1981 cent, a clear glass marble, and what I'm pretty sure is a 500-1,000- year-old piece of Indian pottery.

Not an uncommon find in that area, actually, if you know what you're looking at. It's very plain, unremarkable pottery. At least this piece was. Some would mistake these plainer sherds for rocks, except we don't really have many rocks in the soil here.

This historical marker a short distance away helps explain my find.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Cheap lots around here....only 2 cents yesterday. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    cheeze louise, i got nothing today image
  • Options
    Went by that high school again today and took a ten minute walk and found 32 cents.
  • Options
    PRECIOUSMENTALPRECIOUSMENTAL Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    1946 LWC, very sharp strike.
    At a gas station while putting air in my tires.
  • Options
    Dime and three zincolns today.... dime at gas station, zincolns at grocery parking lot....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Not really coins...............but yesterday in a parking lot I found a book of stamps. One stamp was missing. Now to mail some bills...............
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    That's just about like finding a pile of 49 cent half dollarsimage
  • Options
    image Good one PPC.....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Found a live baby rattlesnake out front of the hotel the other night. Does that count?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Zero finds in parking lots the last week.... weird. What did you do with the baby rattler LordM??
    Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Found a dime within the past week.

The local grocery store moved their CoinStar machine from its nice convenient location near the front door to a spot near the end of the checkout lanes. Total bummer image. Now, unless I'm checking out in one of the last couple of full-service lanes (which aren't usually open anyway), I have to make a special trip after checkout back toward that spot to even see if there are any goodies in the reject bin. Not nearly as covert an operation as it used to be. I did manage to walk over there once this week, nothing in the slot. I don't imagine I'll be going by it nearly as often.
  • Options
    got nothing this week image. move on
  • Options

<< <i>What did you do with the baby rattler LordM?? >>

Let him slither off into the ivy. He went his way and I went mine!

• Options
    SHAZAM!!! Yesterday a $20 bill in the Sam's club parking lot..... no coins though... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Wow, that's a great pickup! Pretty healthy bill right there. No $1 bills for you!

I found a small piece of wire in the parking lot I went detecting near today. Not quite on par with your find.
  • Options
    WTG ricko. When you see green like that laying on the ground it just doesn't look right but looks pretty good in your hand.
  • Options

Yep... it was kind of crumpled.... like bills in my pocket used to look during my party days...image Cheers, RickO

• Options
    I subbed last Thursday so I walked the HS parking lot on the way home and picked up 44 cents. Friday I got the oil in the car changed and walked a city parking lot and found 63 cents. On a Saturday morning walk I found 2 quarters on the highway shoulder. Also found an almost new Stanley hammer on a morning walk.
  • Options
    Been real slow since the $20 find....not that I am complaining.... have to go shopping

today, so maybe something will turn up...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I walked that same city parking lot today and found another 55 cents 3 dimes, 1 nickel and 20 pennies. Then I went to detect and the coil shot craps.. Fortunately the metal detecting shop is a bit over an hour away and I was able to get a new one.
  • Options
    the other day there was a cent in the parking lot of where I worked.

That's about it for me.
  • Options
    Found a dime on the floor of the break room at work. It felt like getting a raise! image
  • Options
    Just finished a 3 mile walk and found a dollar bill image
  • Options
    I got to push the cart while grocery shopping with the wife. Found 3 dimes and 2 pennies. Also during the week I found penny throws of 8 & 10. I guess they didn't need it for Christmas. image
  • Options
    I found $1 bill at Subway a couple weeks ago.
  • Options
    Twenty two cents in the coinstar reject bin... nothing significant, no idea why the two cents

and two dimes were rejected. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I checked the Coinstar a Walmart yesterday and found 17 sticky Lincolns and a dime and a nickel. My all time total for Coinstar has been a whopping 3 cents so I guess I really out did myself this time.
  • Options
    Pulled into a parking spot at Best Buy and looked out the window and there laying in a puddle of water was a five dollar bill. It dried well??
  • Options
    My first parking lot find for 2016 was a quarter frozen to the pavement but I did kick it loose??
  • Options
    We've had either rain, snow or frozen ground since Christmas so it's a good thing people loose money on the pavement so I can have something to eyeball detect. Last Thursday I found my first dollar bill of the year laying in the street also found 2 dimes and 2 pennies on that walk plus 8 pennies from a Coinstar. Yesterday another dollar bill and 2 pennies. I wonder how much you could find at Quick Trip and walked the parking lot on each break?
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    Took my Grandson to the supermarket and between the CoinStar and the self checkout he walked away with almost $3.

• Options
    Coinstar has been empty the last week or so....and zero in the parking lot... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Everything counts..... 27 cents in the coinstar yesterday and two nickels in Sam's parking lot.

Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Some people don't think that pennies count, or any other change for that matter, because they are to lazy to pic it up. Pennies add up. I found 2,041 detecting last year. That adds up to $20+ image

• Options
    I actually once found a $100 bill... it was many years ago, in a bar on the seedy side of town

when I was in the Navy... was just under the pool table and had been stepped on many times...

picked it up and kept it..... a windfall in those days.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    83 cents in the CoinStar today.
  • Options
    Wow...nice haul for the reject bin.... never found that much at once.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    It cannot be yours, you are not old enough..... found it before you were born...image

Cheers, RickO