Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ike AX2 C&C Set - Who's In? - Order Number & Experience Discussion - Predictions

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So you think that 200 sets have been returned? >>

Returned or otherwise unsaleable. Like the one at the fulfillment center where the capsule popped open and the coin went rolling under the shelving units. image

200 units is 1.18% of the 17K. The number does seem reasonable.
  • Options
    epcjimi1epcjimi1 Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Returned or otherwise unsaleable. Like the one at the fulfillment center where the capsule popped open and the coin went rolling under the shelving units. image

200 units is 1.18% of the 17K. The number does seem reasonable. >>

Iif the return is 1.18%, that's a showstopper in the consumer market world, but, after all, it's the US Mint. Without defects...where would we be?

Fifteen years ago, six sigma quality program expectations were -

"A six sigma process is one in which 99.99966% of all opportunities to produce some feature of a part are statistically expected to be free of defects (3.4 defective features / million opportunities"

That's equal to 3.4 PPMillion, not 1.18 PPThousand, if that's a realistic number.

Srsly, UsMint QC? Living in the 70 / 80s. Who knows what goes on inside the USMint regarding quality control, planning and execution.

Last I saw was an inspector with a loupe looking at 5 oz pucks for 5 seconds after it came out of the press, courtesy of a UsMint promotional video on YouTube. I doubt it's changed.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

200 units is 1.18% of the 17K. The number does seem reasonable. >>

Iif the return is 1.18%, that's a showstopper in the consumer market world, but, after all, it's the US Mint. Without defects...where would we be?

Fifteen years ago, six sigma quality program expectations were -

"A six sigma process is one in which 99.99966% of all opportunities to produce some feature of a part are statistically expected to be free of defects (3.4 defective features / million opportunities"

That's equal to 3.4 PPMillion, not 1.18 PPThousand, if that's a realistic number.

Srsly, UsMint QC? Living in the 70 / 80s. Who knows what goes on inside the USMint regarding quality control, planning and execution.

Last I saw was an inspector with a loupe looking at 5 oz pucks for 5 seconds after it came out of the press, courtesy of a UsMint promotional video on YouTube. I doubt it's changed. >>

There are other factors other than the quality of the product itself, for instance, those ridiculously damaged or lost in transit.

Second, the Truman's (at least the 5 I have) really did suck in quality. image (Lint in the RP capsules, spots on the medals, etc, not to mention three sets were crushed in transit.)
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing a mintage of xy,000 doesn't necessarily mean that xy,000 will be available for general sale.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    Early returns are in, and they aren't pretty for the RP...

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    on another note these seem to be in a sort of freefall on ebay.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorta feel foolish buying two sets at $225 a pop, but at least both are sealed in separate boxes.
    Guess I'll keep em that way and wait for falling prices. Will they fall substantially from the highs?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    TopographicOceansTopographicOceans Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>on another note these see to be in a sort of freefall on ebay. >>

Everybody who needs one has one by now.
    I sold my 2 for a little over $200 each
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Keep em sealed, these will regain prices when the grade through of 70s is low like Truman. My guess is that its lower than 5% 70s.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>on another note these seem to be in a sort of freefall on ebay. >>

There are 176 raw Eisenhower listings currently on eBay, and only 22 raw Truman listings. That's an 8-1 ratio. The Ikes are still in the middle of their initial redistribution, the Trumans have been out longer and have settled down a bit. I expect prices on the Ikes will go higher once the first wave of flipping is done.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There are 176 raw Eisenhower listings currently on eBay, >>

I see 483 listings here 2015 eisenhower chronicles
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm seeing many boxes of 2 not being sold.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>There are 176 raw Eisenhower listings currently on eBay, >>

I see 483 listings here 2015 eisenhower chronicles >>

Yes, your search terms picked up more listings than mine. They show 78 listings for the Truman, which is still a 6.2 to 1 ratio.

• Options
    Did the mint run out of the smaller boxes? Anyone else get them packaged in different size boxes?

Alex
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Keep em sealed, these will regain prices when the grade through of 70s is low like Truman. My guess is that its lower than 5% 70s. >>

I would think the chances of getting a 70 from a sealed box in the future would be the same as now...95% or more against. The ONLY reason for the sealed box is First Strike (on your probable 69)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Keep em sealed, these will regain prices when the grade through of 70s is low like Truman. My guess is that its lower than 5% 70s. >>

I would think the chances of getting a 70 from a sealed box in the future would be the same as now...95% or more against. The ONLY reason for the sealed box is First Strike (on your probable 69) >>

People like to gamble. If you are looking to take that risk, the only game in town is sealed boxes. Their prices will rise as the demand for them will increase.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did the mint run out of the smaller boxes? Anyone else get them packaged in different size boxes? >>

I mentioned in my post when I received mine that the box was not flat but more square

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Did the mint run out of the smaller boxes? Anyone else get them packaged in different size boxes? >>

I mentioned in my post when I received mine that the box was not flat but more square >>

When the package was first shipped, FedEx reported it to be 7x7x7. It was later changed to 7x6x1. The box is actually 7.5 x 6 x 1.75. This is true for both boxes I got.

And they sealed 'em really, really, really well. image
  • Options
    69- 57
    70- 2

• Options
    blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So who scored the 68's?

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what we've been waiting for....................not 17k for JFK
    HH Order Limit Qty Two
  • Options

<< <i>69- 57
    70- 2 >>

69- 216
    70- 9

Keep those boxes sealed, 4% 70 grade rate is low.

• Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The raw Ike sets seem to be selling for $30 or so less than the Truman's.
  • Options

<< <i>The raw Ike sets seem to be selling for $30 or so less than the Truman's. >>

Still in distribution mode. I see 319 raw Ike listings on eBay and only 61 raw Truman listings, or about a 5.2 to 1 ratio. That's down from a 6 to 1 ratio a week ago. When the number of sets for sale are closer to equal, the discount on Ikes will probably disappear.

• Options
    68- 3
    69- 320
    70- 18

5% 70 rate as of 9/3

• Options
    TwobitcollectorTwobitcollector Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's what we've been waiting for....................not 17k for JFK
    HH Order Limit Qty Two >>

$57.95 no thanks
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    INYNWHWeTrust-TexasNationals,ajaan,blu62vette
    coinJP, Outhaul ,illini420,MICHAELDIXON, Fade to Black,epcjimi1,19Lyds,SNMAN,JerseyJoe, bigjpst, DMWJR , lordmarcovan, Weiss,Mfriday4962,UtahCoin,Downtown1974,pitboss,RichieURich,Bullsitter,JDsCoins,toyz4geo,jshaulis, mustanggt, SNMAN
  • Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    JFK?
    I'm in again!
    Won't be as good as Harry or Ike for flipping, but since I'm buying one anyway I might as well buy two and see what happens.
  • Options
    Anyone catch the article in coin world?

Freedom of Information Act responses shed light on Ike Coin and Chronicles sets

<< <i>The documents identify the first order placed for two sets was recorded at 12:01:46 on Aug. 11, with the last order for two sets before the sellout placed at 12:09:42. >>

8 minutes. Zoom! image
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>A software malfunction denied customer access through the main Mint website portal at www.usmint.gov soon after sales were launched, but not to the secondary portal at catalog.usmint.gov, where the majority of successful orders for the Eisenhower sets were placed.

The primary portal is monitored by the U.S. Mint while the catalog.usmint.gov is maintained by the Mint’s contracted order processing and fulfillment contractor PFSWeb in Texas. >>

Time to fav catalog.usmint.gov
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This so looks like the Post Office of the 1960s. Too much "collector stuff" which gluts the market after a while.

We all know what happened to the stamp hobby. image >>

I don't think the stamp hobby is in a slumber; I think it is long dead and rigor mortis has set in.
  • Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In and out .......already presold the sets >>

How can you presell something you don't even have? If you don't deliver, I hope the moderators ban you for non-performance on a BST sale.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file