Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2014 American $1 Coin and Currency Set (TA9)

Comments

• Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>...and I did see that NGC 70 for sale...1st non-proof given a 70 grade in the 14 years of SAC grading >>

Surprising... no negativity for this one..... Only praise >>

Wasn't there some satin finish 70's mentioned in 2005-2006?
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    BigABigA Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>...and I did see that NGC 70 for sale...1st non-proof given a 70 grade in the 14 years of SAC grading >>

Just the facts.....image >>

I looked and did not see one. Do you have an item number or link? >>

SP70

<< <i> It would not surprise me at all to see the PCGS-MS69 counterparts to head straight down from that $499 starting point. >>

$99 in a couple of months...after the 70's appear....
  • Options
    That same seller got 3 70s from NGC.

Put the following into NGC's cert verification:

3895439-001
    3895439-002
    3895439-003
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭
    Looks like a huge dealer. I wonder how many he submitted.

Also what is the opinion on here about copper being a stable metal. Could that 70 turn into a 69. PCGS or NGC probably will not guarantee a 70 coin if it turns in the holder. BTW I don't collect sacs, but would collect this one-off coin but not in a 70 grade.
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    funny, I cancelled my order yesterday but it still says it is backordered. You can't get them when you want them and you can't cancel when you don't. I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone!!!
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not received any TA9 sets from the US Mint. The only sets I ordered were multi orders around noon on Dec 4. All are on backorder. Yesterday when I tried to order the household limit of 5, my order was kicked out because I had already reached my limit. So if the US Mint cancels all of my orders from Dec 4 I will end up with no sets?
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like a huge dealer. I wonder how many he submitted.

Also what is the opinion on here about copper being a stable metal. Could that 70 turn into a 69. PCGS or NGC probably will not guarantee a 70 coin if it turns in the holder. BTW I don't collect sacs, but would collect this one-off coin but not in a 70 grade. >>

Wouldn't a proof be subject to the same metal composition issues and PCGS has graded almost 7 thousand of those as 70's
  • Options
    This is what pops up when I tried to order 5 sets:

Household limit reached for this product
    American $1 Coin and Currency Set
    (TA9)
    DENVER (D)
    $13.95 Move to Wish list Remove Qty:
    Back Order
    The expected in-stock date is Thu Dec 18 2014.

Maybe this means I will receive my orders on Dec 18th.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Wasn't there some satin finish 70's mentioned in 2005-2006? >>

PCGS graded 4 SF 70's

NGC only separates MS and PF and there have been zero MS 70's since 2000
  • Options

<< <i>Wouldn't a proof be subject to the same metal composition issues and PCGS has graded almost 7 thousand of those as 70's >>

I have a large number of the 2000 Millennium burnished Sac $1 holdered by PCGS in 2000. None have turned, toned or changed colors in the 14 years I have owned them.
  • Options

<< <i>Maybe this means I will receive my orders on Dec 18th. >>

Most likely it means they will be back in stock on the 18th and will ship on that date or soon after...and then the wait for "smart"post to walk your sets to you...hopefully before New Years

....ALL subject to change at any minute for ANY reason
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is what pops up when I tried to order 5 sets:

Household limit reached for this product
    American $1 Coin and Currency Set
    (TA9)
    DENVER (D)
    $13.95 Move to Wish list Remove Qty:
    Back Order
    The expected in-stock date is Thu Dec 18 2014.

Maybe this means I will receive my orders on Dec 18th. >>

I left a message on there Facebook page this morning and within 1 hour I got a reply asking for my order number and the date and my phone number. I also provided them with the link to this thread asking if they just lost all the orders for the 4th and thats why there shipping orders from the 10th. Will see if they call. image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options

<< <i>Will see if they call. >>

They same group that takes care of the "Remind Me" button notifications handles the call backs image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Will see if they call. >>

They same group that takes care of the "Remind Me" button notifications handles the call backs image >>

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    This order of 100 sets went from process this morning to shipped

Order Summary
    Order Placed: 12/3/14
    Order Status: SHIPPED
    Order Number: USM027xxxxx

yes have tracking #
  • Options
    RadioContestKingRadioContestKing Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the Mint just called and told me that they ship out all orders first in first out. I told him to go check out this link and he said they did and you can't always believe what other write. image Told me he would send a email to shipping and inquire but my order shows backorder and he says I will get the 5 sets( sometime in the future) image
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=UayFm2yCHV8
    I used to be famous now I just collect coins.

Link to My Registry Set.

https://pcgs.com/setregistry/quarters/washington-quarters-specialty-sets/washington-quarters-complete-variety-set-circulation-strikes-1932-1964/publishedset/78469

Varieties Are The Spice Of LIFE and Thanks to Those who teach us what to search For.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,321 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well the Mint just called and told me that they ship out all orders first in first out. I told him to go check out this link and he said they did and you can't always believe what other write. image Told me he would send a email to shipping and inquire but my order shows backorder and he says I will get the 5 sets( sometime in the future) image >>

That sucks on the runaround you got.
    I would have told them "you are right not to believe what others write, however, maybe you shouldn't believe what others tell you when they do follow the FIFO. Specific order numbers, done privately by those willing to share, can be done to show how FIFO is NOT followed 100%"

Glad you are supposed to get your sets.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when does the real sellout occur?

After all the huge 12/3-12/4 orders go through?
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options

<< <i>So when does the real sellout occur?

After all the huge 9/3-9/4 orders go through? >>

I hope they are not for sale until September....

Sorry image I would think the 12/3-4 orders were already reported as "sales as of 12/7" in the report
  • Options
    bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    How frustrating. I am exactly like "fivecents" situation- my only order ever on these was Dec 4th for five sets. I am now backordered. If subsequent orders this week have already been filled and shipped, that's outrageous.

Fortunately not the biggest deal in the world, but just adds to another horrible Mint record for this year, with the Hall of Fame coin delays, the Gold Kennedy release fiasco, etc.
  • Options
    Stupid statement from the mint that don't always believe what people write. The mint can verify very easily that the Dec 10 orders are shipping before the Dec. 4 orders. Good tactic to have a comment on their facebook page for all their customers to see though. Not good PR for them.
  • Options

<< <i>Stupid statement from the mint that don't always believe what people write. The mint can verify very easily that the Dec 10 orders are shipping before the Dec. 4 orders. Good tactic to have a comment on their facebook page for all their customers to see though. >>

Hey, we are talking about the Federal Government now. Why verify something when they can just tell you what they want you to hear!
  • Options
    Early Release cutoff date ATS...must be received by Wednesday 12/24

Nothing yet from our host....
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got a FedEx tracking number for my second 12/3 order. Now all I have to do is wait 8 days for smartpost to deliver. (My first 12/3 order should arrive today.)

I'm done. No more sets for me! image

Now I have to decide on whether to grade or not. I've got some pretty nice looking Sacs. Then too, I have this one. Looks like it was at the end of a roll. Three big hit marks... image

• Options
    all 12/3 orders have shipped. Still say that's because of all the squeaky wheels out there! Have my 2 12/4 orders still back ordered but feel a little better today!
  • Options
    kiyotekiyote Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is some nice spice for the Sacagawea set. It reminds me of the 1998 SMS Kennedy half dollar.
    "I'll split the atom! I am the fifth dimension! I am the eighth wonder of the world!" -Gef the talking mongoose.
  • Options
    mbogomanmbogoman Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 12/3 order of 10 sets arrived today via FedEx Smart Post.

Has anyone else noticed that the Smart Post labels do not have a date on them? The packing slip inside the box should have the ship date, but you might want to notate on the outside of the box if you're planning on stashing some away in a sealed box...
  • Options
    DatentypeDatentype Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭
    I went through 300 sets today and about 30 of them were PCGS quality SP 69 IMHO (1 out of 10) and probably not any 70's but real close. I was really surprised at the overall median grade being about SP 66. Plenty of 67 and 68 quality though.
  • Options
    You keeping all 300 sets?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok I screwed up 1 coin

When I get a 67 it's always a "work too fast" error. image

Here are my stats: 69, 68, 68, 67

From reading the thread I feel extremely lucky I did so well off just 10 sets.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    GManGMan Posts: 790 ✭✭
    Wish I could grade these. I just got my box of 10. Not sure what to do with it. I guess I can take a look at them. I haven't submitted anything is a few years so it might be fun to see if I've learned anything. Pick out the best and play GTG. Not really worried about the label so I don't see the harm in actually opening the box. Maybe I'll rejoin the CC. I've got a couple of Walker's and Morgan's I've been on the fence with for years that I could finally submit. Say what you want about moderns, I'm pleased with this set as it's got me thinking about collecting again. Maybe I'll even drag out the 7070 I have and dream about finishing it LOL. Those seated dollars are pricy so I set it aside a while back.
    GMan
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok kids, looks like the door is closed again. No backorders available again. Congrat's to those who got a few more despite the 5 order limit image.

I am of the opinion the fork is well stuck in the meat this time. With this last group shipping within 1 day, it's not a stretch to think 10k+ were sold in the last few days.

Yes, and my 12/3 group did ship as well confirming earlier reports today that those all shipped.

CHEERS!

Edited to correct that all 12/3 orders, not 12/4 orders that have shipped --
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yes, and my 12/4 group did ship as well confirming earlier reports today that those all shipped. >>

My 12/4 order is still "Back ordered"

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Yes, and my 12/4 group did ship as well confirming earlier reports today that those all shipped. >>

My 12/4 order is still "Back ordered" >>

My 12/4 order for 99 sets is also still showing as backordered. We'll see image

• Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this thing locked up again?

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I went through 300 sets today and about 30 of them were PCGS quality SP 69 IMHO (1 out of 10) and probably not any 70's but real close. I was really surprised at the overall median grade being about SP 66. Plenty of 67 and 68 quality though. >>

Thanks for sharing your opinion... Now we sit and wait... and wait... and wait.... for grades
  • Options
    Site looks the same to me...able to "add to bag" and order (backorder that is)...HH limit 5

12/4 order, as has been stated, is still "backorderd"

• Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭✭
    I do believe this offering is the #1 2014 most profitable Mint flip at around 100% over asking price on average on eBay!
  • Options
    CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    There is heavy quantity buying going on Ebay by the same buyers. Their price point seems to have held things in and around 27 ea. Maybe it's for a submission or perhaps TV holiday sales.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I do believe this offering is the #1 2014 most profitable Mint flip at around 100% over asking price on average on eBay! >>

I can attest to that...I sold my allotment of 15 for more than double the price paid, even before I was billed by my cc.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    This morning my Son and I opened (2) Boxes that made up a (50) Unit Order, Box #1 - 23 units, Box #2 - 27 Units.

These were ordered 12/3 - Order # USM02759783

Together, the two Boxes made (50) SEQUENTIAL FRNs!!

imageimageimage

J 05724 351 A J 05724 361 A J 05724 371 A J 05724 381 A J 05724 391 A
    J 05724 352 A J 05724 362 A J 05724 372 A J 05724 382 A J 05724 392 A
    J 05724 353 A J 05724 363 A J 05724 373 A J 05724 383 A J 05724 393 A
    J 05724 354 A J 05724 364 A J 05724 374 A J 05724 384 A J 05724 394 A
    J 05724 355 A J 05724 365 A J 05724 375 A J 05724 385 A J 05724 395 A
    J 05724 356 A J 05724 366 A J 05724 376 A J 05724 386 A J 05724 396 A
    J 05724 357 A J 05724 367 A J 05724 377 A J 05724 387 A J 05724 397 A
    J 05724 358 A J 05724 368 A J 05724 378 A J 05724 388 A J 05724 399 A
    J 05724 359 A J 05724 369 A J 05724 379 A J 05724 389 A J 05724 399 A
    J 05724 360 A J 05724 370 A J 05724 380 A J 05724 390 A J 05724 400 A
    I was ‘COINB0Y' with 4812 posts and ‘Expert Collector’ ranking (Joined in 2006).
  • Options
    AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's pretty cool to get a run of bills like that!

Strange the Mint took these off line last night only to turn them back on this morning. These gotta be running on fumes by now.
    Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS
  • Options
    Ya but at 5 sets per HH it will take a bit longer to kill it they shuld of let it run it's corse and let it die happy.... They did not even know what they had. I think we all cherrypicked the mint. imageimageimageimage

Hoard the keys.
  • Options

<< <i>they shuld of let it run it's corse and let it die happy.. >>

Exactly...(kinda)
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I didn't read the last 20 pages on this thread but are these sold out or not? I know they are on backorder status but sometimes they come back in stock?

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    EthanEthan Posts: 315 ✭✭

Orders Total Date Placed No. of Items Shipping Status
    USM02801XXX $74.70 12/11/2014 This order contains 1 item. BACKORDER

Here are my results, I am just glad I got 5 of them ( I think )
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

“I want you to remember that no * ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb * die for his country”
  • Options
  • Options
    This is kinda like that red light green light game i played when i was a kid. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    So when it does sell out will it really be a sell out?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>OK, I didn't read the last 20 pages on this thread but are these sold out or not? I know they are on backorder status but sometimes they come back in stock?

GrandAm image >>

These are on back order now

So not sold out

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file